My Lionheart (Cullen Rutherfo...

By victoriaGeg

Eleanor never thought she will become a leader of the Inquisition, even fall in love with a Templar. The one... More

Introduce
Characters
Chapter 1 "Kirkwall"
Chapter 2 "Lost Love"
Chapter 3 "Herald of Andraste"
Chapter 4 "Showing off"
Chapter 5 "Hard Decisions"
Chapter 6 "My Lionheart"
Chapter 7 "Inquisitor"
Chapter 8 "Bad Dream"
Chapter 9 "Sweet Apology"
Chapter 10 "The Assassin to Catch"
Chapter 11 "The Assassin to Catch" part 2
Chapter 12 "Simple as breathing air"
Chapter 13 "To Love the Enemy"
Chapter 14 "To Love the Enemy" part 2
Chapter 15 "Love or Hate"
Chapter 16 "Where beauty goes to die"
Chapter 17 "Goodbye My Lover"
Chapter 18 "Found You"
Chapter 19 "Take me Home"
Chapter 21 "True Love Never Dies?"
Chapter 22 "Like day Like night"
Chapter 23 "Come back with me"
Chapter 24 "Eluvian"
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 "From an Enemy to a Friend"
Chapter 27 "Temple of Mythal"
Chapter 28 "Well of Sorrows"
Chapter 29 "Memories to behold"

Chapter 20 "Reunited Once More"

526 18 0
By victoriaGeg

"Modest in temper, bold in deed"

House Trevelyan motto

-Mistress Poulin of Sahrnia is accused of aiding and abetting the Red Templars in the Dales. She sold a quarry to them for a handsome sum. They used the quarry to grow red lyrium by enslaving townspeople." Josephine spoke looking up to the inquisitor sitting on her throne. "the only extenuating circumstance: mistress Poulin was procuring supplies to keep the remaining townspeople fed." Eli tapped her fingers against her thigh feeling her fingernails digging into her skin.

-If you'd like to explain your intentions, speak." Eli said with her bored tone.

-My kind was misjudgment, the land sale was meant to bring prosperity in hard times." Puolin started.

-Surely it was clear you were selling to the enemy." Josephine interrupted placing her hand on her hip. Poulin stepped forward only to be pulled back by inquisition's guards.

-We were starving, and they told me they'd reopen the mines!" she snapped. "Selling the quarry so hastily was a mistake. I did what I could to rectify it." Eli rolled her eyes clearly wantin

-The red Templars are the sworn enemy in Orlais. No one in the royal court contests this." Eleanor signed." You are to rebuild the town as best as you can, and after may the townspeople decide your fate, mistress Poulin." Inquisitor gave her a dismissive wave of her hand. Once Puolin was out of sight Eli was about to stand when Josephine interrupted her.

-Now that the judgment is over. I believe you should see to your visitors." She smiled motioning towards the ones she spoke about.

-I always knew, my daughter was a leading material."

-Father? Mother?" inquisitor quickly stood, pacing towards them. She stopped only for a moment right in front of her parents to take a good look before embracing them both into a tight hug. "I can't believe this, I never thought I'll be able to see you again." She murmured feeling her eyes watering. Once she pulled away she noticed a young woman standing behind them. "Mary?" her eyes widened as the girl held her hands up in the air inviting for a hug. "You grew so beautiful." Eleanor exclaimed holding her sister's hands in her own. Until she heard someone clearing his throat. She turned around to see her twin brother spreading his arms with a huge grin on his face. At that moment Eleanor didn't care about how inappropriate she looked as she jumped onto her brother locking her legs around his torso.

-How I missed you sister." He murmured against her neck still holding her to him.

-And I missed you brother." She answered climbing off of him. They all embraced her together one more time before Josephine interrupted their little reunion.

-I'll make the preparations for the dinner, I think your family should meet everyone." Josephine offered.

-Right." Eli signed looking a little too excited. "Then... I will show them to their rooms." She motioned for them to follow. "Are you staying for long?" she asked looking at her father.

-Few weeks. Wouldn't want to get in the way."

-You haven't changed a bit daughter." Her mother spoke. "Just as charming as ever. I and your father thought that after the war is over, we should find you a fine man to marry." She offered.

-But that's something to be spoken about later. You have yet a war to win." Her father interrupted. Eleanor tensed a little, she was never a wife material. But if she would be to marry, it would be because of love. However, she would rather fight for the rest of her life than stay at home and cook for her husband. She showed her family to the few rooms they had in the Skyhold. Spending the whole they showing them around and talking about the things that happened, she felt like back home again. Her family was one of the few things that made her happy. As the sun went down her friends and family made their way to the hall for the dinner.

-Mother, father." Eli started. "and you two." She motioned to her siblings. "please meet my companions, who became my closest friends over time." She smiled introducing every single of her companions to her family at the end leaving commander. They haven't yet spoken to each other and it made her feel a little uneasy around him. "and last but not least." She joked grabbing Cullen's arm and pulling him towards her family. "Leader of the Inquisition's forces, commander Cullen.

-It is very nice to meet you finally." He said a little nervously. "Inquisitor Trevelyan told me much about you. As I, of course, have heard of your family before." He added, he was about to say something else but Eli interrupted.

-Pleases sit everyone, while the food is still warm." She said being left to stand alone with the commander at her side. He quickly pulled one of the chairs for her to sit. "Thank you, Cullen." She murmured smiling lovingly at him. The gesture, however, didn't go unnoticed by her father. Neither commander who tried his best to return the gesture but recalled scenes from last night.

-So tell me, commander." Bann started seeing his daughter eyes widening a little. "What is it that you were doing before the inquisition?"

-I was a Templar, sir." He started. "Knight-Commander to be more specific, back in Kirkwall." She could see a surprised look on her father's face. Trevelyan's usually had strong connections to the chantry. The youngest of the family was always to be a part of the chantry as a Templar or a priest.

-Impressive." He gave a half shrug. "Tell me, commander, how does one go from being a Templar to a leader of an army?" father continued.

-I guess I was lucky, sir. Seeker Cassandra recruited me back in Kirkwall, I couldn't deny the offer." Cullen shrugged continuing eating his food.

-Where are the rest of my siblings, father?" Eleanor asked to change the topic.

-Your oldest brother is away on a family business. We actually found him a perfect match." He joked. "As for little Tristan, he decided to become a Grey Warden. Haven't heard from him ever since." Everyone went quiet. "But your sister here is to be wed with the soon to be teyrn of Ostwick." He quickly added to break the silence.

-Oh wow, that's something." Eleanor smiled towards her little sister.

-Yeah, yeah our little golddigger." Maven said smirking at Mary who just rolled her eyes.

-I think you are jelous brother, both of your sisters turned out so beautiful, and you are going to be forever alone." Eli winked towards her brother while drinking her wine.

-You do realize that we are twins, sister." He pointed at her then back at himself.

-Oh yes, and you are the ugly one." she joked as everyone giggled at her words. Maven was about to say something else when their mother interrupted.

-Enough you both, I'm ashamed of you two in front of all these people." mother grinned. 

The evening went by fast, once everyone was done eating Varric told some of his stories. Eli felt happy now that everyone she cared for was sitting in one room as she forgot her broken heart. For a moment.

///////////////////

She never thought that she will see her family ever again when she left Ostwick. Yet here they are in the castle she came to start calling her home. She remembered when Cassandra asked if she could consider Heaven as her home, her exact words were 'wherever I go is home enough for me'. But only now did she feel as if this were home. She walked down the stairs of her quarters when she heard a knocking coming from behind the door.

-Father." She greeted smiling up at her father. "Come in." she stepped away allowing him to enter. Only once they were standing in the balcony facing the mountains did he speak.

-I wanted to talk with you, pup." He said watching the beautiful view in front of them. "When you left, I regretted not telling you how much I and the rest of us love you." He smiled at her seeing as she was about to say something he immediately raised his hand in a manner to show her that he wasn't finished. "I was afraid that we will never meet again, and once I heard that my daughter became the Herald of Andraste I thought. That girl never listens to what I say. However, the word spread fast. People started talking about a young girl who is the only hope for Thedas. I was scared. I thought: how can someone as fragile as my daughter save the world from a monster like Corypheus. I taught you as best as I could to protect yourself, never thinking that you could do so much more than survive out there in the dangers that this world provides." He shook his head. "Now standing here, seeing my beautiful daughter leading us to the victory is..." he trailed off. "I am so proud Eli." He said stepping towards her. He pulled out a silver amulet and slid it through her head leaving it to hang on her neck. She looked down at it, frown on her face. "We all talked about it and decided that you should have this." He said looking down at the round amulet on her neck.

-Father, I can't accept this." She murmured. "This has been in our family for generations now, it's supposed to be handed for the oldest child. For my brother." She said placing her hand on the amulet.

-Please pup, you deserve it. We all believe in you, you so much more than you give yourself a credit." He said pulling her into a tight hug. "Whatever happens Eli, you should know that we are proud."

////////

Author's Note:

There was so little about Inquisitor's Trevelyan family back in Dragon Age. I thought I will write a little about them. I think its absolutely sad that once Trevelyan's family found out that inquisitor was a mage they sent her off to the circle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491 58 28
Based off my character from Dragonage inquisition. I'm writing this more out of boredom than anything else, since getting into the game its just been...
2.9K 96 14
"Humour me." "But what about you? Don't you need luck too?" Lyric asked, protest forming a small crack in her voice. "I don't know what you'll face b...
410 14 16
Adwen is a elf blooded human who became a Templar, but soon left the order due to the events that transpired in Kirkwall. Adwen then became a Templar...
2.1K 105 14
Amell falls in love with a Templar, who she must leave behind when she joins the Grey Wardens. Heartbreak takes her to the arms of another, which end...