I Need You

By mysweetlordharrison

(Do You Want to Know a Secret book 2) More

1. I'll Be Back
2. And I Love Her
3. Misery
4. A Day in the Life
5. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
6. Mad Day Out
7. Help!
8. You Can't Do That
9. Helter Skelter
11.Run For Your Life
12. Fixing a Hole
13. Nowhere man
14. This Boy
15. Little Child
16. Baby it's You
17. All Together Now
18. Lady Madonna
19. The Long and Winding Road
20. Shout
21. Aint She Sweet
22. Cry Baby Cry
23. I Will
24. Yer Blues
25. Love You to
26. That Means A Lot
27. You Like Me Too Much
28. Come Together
29. The End?
Book 3 Is Up!!

10. I Want to Tell You

4.3K 159 182
By mysweetlordharrison

Knock knock knock.

"I got it!" I called quickly to Brian who was in the other room.

I stood up from the living room couch, putting down the things I had been working on for my uncle and stretching out.

Two days had passed since I had gone to the recording studio and had an asthma attack. Brian completely blew his lid when he found out and ordered me to stay in the flat until I was fully better.

It gave me some time to think, but it mostly made me begin to over think.

I thought about my father and the new family I had just found out he had. My head was spinning with questions, and I wasn't sure what to do about it anymore.

"Cyn!" I exclaimed after swinging open the door hastily, seeing Cynthia's dark brown eyes sparkle.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted joyfully bringing her into a huge hug.

"I'm breaking you out." She smirked playfully with a devilish look in her eyes as we broke apart.

"You're speaking my language." I grinned, mirroring her expression.

She laughed with amusement.

"John and I have the group over and I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a drink?" She asked hopefully with a large smile.

"Of course! I would love to." I gushed, longing to leave this house arrest for even just an hour.

"Can I go?" I asked giddily looking to Brian at the kitchen doorway who was eavesdropping on the conversation.

He looked taken aback that I had noticed him listening in and for a moment then began to contemplate.

"I'll be very careful with her Brian." Cynthia batted her eyelashes innocently looking over to him.

He gazed at me deep in thought.

"It's not my decision. Poppy's an adult now." He sighed and nodded looking away from me.

I frowned slightly at his downcast look. There was something more behind that answer, I would have to ask him about it later when it was just him and I.

"Thank you Brian." I grinned before walking over to him and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Promise you'll be safe?" He asked with a small grin.

"I promise." I smiled reassuringly before turning back to Cynthia.

"Give me a minute?" I asked with a bounce in my step.

She nodded and I ran to my room to put something on. I grabbed a light blue shift dress and changed from the loungewear I had on, making sure to grab my purse and returning to Cynthia.

"I'm ready." I exclaimed delightedly.

We left the flat and began to walk to the elevator.

"So, Poppy, how has the moving on been going? Meet anyone new in London?" She asked sweetly.

I blushed a deep red.

"Oh, no no, I haven't even thought about that much." I lied.

"Really?" She asked seeming to know something.

"Yeah." I replied sounding slightly unsure of myself.

"Because you have George back." She nodded smiling.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" I inquired defensively, crossing my arms over my chest.

"John told me about Tuesday. He seems to think George rushing to your side wasn't something a regular ex boyfriend would do." She brushed it off casually as we stepped onto the elevator.

"I was in medical distress." I retorted.

"Yes, but George isn't usually the one to take charge in situations like them." She smirked smugly.

I pressed my lips into a thin line. Maybe she had a point.

"That's ridiculous." I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear at I stared at the ground of the elevator.

"Oh come on Poppy." She groaned rolling her eyes.

"Well, I'm moving on Cynthia. He has a girlfriend anyway, a model girlfriend." I spoke flatly.

"So, then, I can set you up with someone else?" She inquired trying to call a bluff.

"Go ahead." I smirked back at her even though on the inside I wanted to scream no.

She smirked to herself as we got to the bottom floor.

                      ______________

"I picked up a hitchhiker." Cynthia joked as we walked through the front doors of her and John's house.

I looked around in awe, they had a very nice home, the entrance looked into the living room where I saw glimpses of family photographs that I would have to poke fun at John for later.

There were plenty of instruments around, but it was still clean and very proper, it was so new to me seeing how much the lot of them had really grown up, John and Cynthia were married with a child for gosh sakes.

"Poppy!" Jane exclaimed running over to hug me slipping from out of Paul's arm that had been comfortably around her shoulder.

She gave me a well missed hug which I returned laughing at her excitement.

"It's been too long. Just, move to London." She giggled whispering the second sentence as we broke away from hugging.

"We're still on for a girls day right? Next Saturday?" She asked with a grin.

"Of course." I nodded.

"Bring Ringo." John shouted jokingly from the other room, continuing to make Ringo self conscious about his fingernails.

"Pattie, Cynthia, are you both free to come too?" Jane asked over to Pattie as her and George were sat snuggled up on the living room couch. Then looked back to Cynthia and I happily.

My smile dropped slightly seeing the two of them together. I knew what Cynthia was saying couldn't have been true about George, but the hope she had lit was snuffed out immediately.

"Yeah, it sounds wonderful." Cynthia smiled kindly.

"Let's get you a drink." Cynthia whispered in my ear pushing me to the kitchen before Pattie answered Jane.

We walked over hastily to see John and Ringo in the kitchen having a smoke as they talked.

"Hello Poppy." John smiled kindly.

"Hi Poppy." Ringo greeted me as well.

"Hello." I smiled.

"John love can you fetch Poppy something, strong?" Cynthia grinned.

John seemed to understand because he nodded going to grab a glass.

Cynthia and I sat down at the counter beside Ringo.

"How have you been feeling?" Ringo asked thoughtfully.

"Oh, much better, thank you for asking." I patted his hand as I smiled.

"You'll feel much better after you take a drink of this young lassie." John spoke emphasizing the thickness of his accent handing me a glass of what I assumed to be straight rum by the stench of it.

I took a sip and coughed at the strength of the drink.

"Much better." I said in between cringing at the burning sensation in the back of my throat.

"Cynthia, may I use your bathroom?" Pattie asked from behind us sweetly.

I looked back and saw her hand in hand with George, making me roll my eyes and quickly turn back to Ringo, Cynthia and John.

Cynthia quickly left to go help Pattie to the bathroom.

I grabbed the glass and tilted my head back, taking it almost as if it were a shot.

"Better?" John smirked knowingly.

"Much." I grinned sarcastically wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

John refilled my glass happily with a devilish glimmer in his eyes as Ritchie turned to me.

"Poppy, I've thought about what you said and Maureen should move down 'ere. I don't know what I've been waiting for." He decided thoughtfully.

"That's wonderful news." I smiled elatedly.

"Would she move in with us?" George inquired as he walked up to counter leaning on the side next to Ringo.

"No, I would probably get a house with her. I mean, you're probably not gonna be staying 'round much longer anyway, with Pattie and all. I'm sure you'll be married soon." Ringo laughed charmingly wide a wide grin.

George's face dropped.

"Right." He nodded suddenly straight faced.

I examined the countertop hoping to zone out and stop listening to their conversation, waiting for the buzz of the alcohol to start working.

"You think she could be the one George?" John asked smugly, leaning in closer, his eyes shifting quickly over to me in anticipation of a reaction.

George cleared his throat nervously.

As he was opening his mouth to say something Cynthia and Pattie reentered the room as if on cue, Pattie immediately gravitating towards George and slipping underneath his arm.

The silence in the room was almost suffocating.

"Pattie, what is it about George that you fell in love with?" John asked overly sweet, seeming almost cynical.

I could already feel the effects start to kick in as I finished my second glass, starting to lose the control to where my mind wandered.

The way he can make me smile even when I'm sad. The thoughts behind his quiet exterior. The way he looks at me with his warm brown eyes. His smile. His beautiful mind.

"He's a sweet lad." Pattie smiled up at George.

It almost frustrated me. He was much more. He used to be anyways, and we had gone out together again I saw a glimpse of the old George, but whenever he was with Pattie the side of him I knew was gone completely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 92 47
Some nice little stories for you all.///Requests are OPEN AGAIN! IF YOU DO HAVE IDEAS DO SEND THEM IN PLEASE!! I'LL BE HAPPY TO WRITE ANYTHING!! :) P...
12.9K 289 44
𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹, 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲 𝗞𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲 𝗔 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗗𝗮𝘆...
76.6K 1.4K 49
-"𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑙𝑑𝑠"