Protecting the President's So...

By KirstenMx

[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] Luna Prescott is a young special agent and Ace Crawford is the President's... More

1: Goat's Cheese
2: Hormonal Teens and Drugs
3: Like Regina George?
4: Is Lunch a Class?
5: Your virginity?
6: Pretty nugget
7: Yodelling Walmart Kid
8: Herpes and Smoke Weed
9: Spill the Tea
10: My Knight in Shining Armour
11: Slide into His DMs
12: Keep it PG
13: He Bruises Like a Peach
14: Chicken Tender?
15: Buzz Buzz Bitch
16: Sniffing My Bag
17: Birdy Boo Boo
18: Big Plastic Balloons
19: Mr. Snuggles
20: A Kid With An Attractive Moustache
21: No More Pop Tarts
22: Fakeness Isn't Natural
23: What a Wiener
24: As in The Nemo Character?
25: Done the Deed
26: No Attachments
27: Geronimo!
28: You Little Pig
29: Pinapple Haired Baby
30: Macenth?
31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple
32: So Damn Extra
33: 20 Chicken McNuggets
34: Pun Intended
35: Give It A Rest
36: Just One Thing
37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs
38: Peace Out, Dawg
39: Hit it, Lesley
40: Safety First Kids
41: Your Date Is Here
42: Dramatic Much?
43: Bitch Better Have My Money
44: I'm Sorry
45: Ape Shit
46: Why Won't You Let Me In?
48: Jayden Carol Crawford
49: Game On, Loser
50: Deeper Than The Mariana Trench
51: Follow The Rules
52: Lover's Lane
53: Shoot.
54: Baby Daddy?
55: 'She Doesn't Love You'
56: Detach Yourself
57: I Can't Do This
58: My Dumbass
59: I've Got A Bone
60: Was He Crying?
61: They're Probably Dead
62: Like A King
63: Slow Down
64: This Is Your Fault
65: You Know I Can't
66: Just Don't Trust Anyone
67: Fuck The Agency
68: Are You Ready?
69: Time's Up
Final A/N
SEQUEL IS UP

47: Official

149K 5.4K 2.7K
By KirstenMx

Song:

- We are young // Fun feat. Janelle Monáe

Focusing on the first half of the chapter.

Chapter 47: Official

Luna*

My heart just exploded. Or ovaries.
I can't really tell.

I responded instantly by moving my hands into Ace's hair and pulling him closer to me, I could feel him smile against my lips.

The rain, the people, the place faded around us so it was just us in the moment. Only us. There were sparks around us and the electricity travelled from where our lips met and throughout my body.

My fingers became tangled in his hair and tugged at it which made him groan then it was my turn to smile. I wanted the emotion that I felt to last forever but alas, we humans have to breathe.

We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other while breathing heavily.

"Well it's about damn time!" We heard it coming from the porch.

Not a surprise to see that it was our friends either holding up cameras or holding up drinks.

Neither of us tried to tell them to shut up because it was true. It was about damn time.

Our breath was fogged up in the still pouring rain and our chests rising up and down, so much that I was afraid of him hearing the loud beating of my heart.

"Here." Ace took off his camo jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Thanks but you didn't need to."

"I do, plus we look like we are matching now." He smirked.

Ace wrapped his arm around me and guided us back to Dean's house.

"Hmm? Where did they go?" Dean pretended not to see us.

I waved my middle finger around him and said in a ghostly voice, "Oooooh, a floating finger."

"Ha ha." Dean fake laughed then pushed my finger away.

"Let's go get some drinks." Ace suggested and we agreed so they all walked in except for Noah and I.

"You coming in?" Noah asked.

"Yeah but first," I hugged him, "Thank you."

He hugged me back, "It's no problem lil sis."

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, "What do you think mom and dad would think of us now?"

My brother looked at me then beamed, "Probably, What the hell? These are our children?"

"No seriously!" I giggled.

"Hmmm, that we have come a long way from pillow fights and trick or treating."

"Yes, yes we have."

***

"Jacob get off the counter!"

"Jason stop sliding down the stairs!"

"I swear, Taylor, don't you dare put that in your mouth!"

"Someone get Raven off the fridge!"

"Stop chewing that Lucas!"

"Seriously Noah, how many times have I told you to stop farting next to the food!"

"Dean get off the chandelier!"

"Bee come get your man!"

I barked orders at them but still they chose to ignore me. I sighed while plopping myself on the stairs and putting my head in my hands.

"Well don't you seem like a little ray of sunshine." Ace sat down next to me and gave me the much needed drink.

"Call me that again and I will go thunderstorm all up your ass." I downed the drink.

"Kinky, I like it."

"Douche bag."

"Sunshine."

"Nugget boy."

"Cupcake."

I blinked at him. He smiled back.
Did he just..

"You have no idea how much I missed that name..and how much I missed eating them because the reminded me of you." I added the extra bit in.

"You're so cute." Ace laughed and ruffled my hair.

Oh no he didn't.

"Do you know how long it took and how painful the brush was on my hair?" I said in a menacing tone.

"Bitch you better run." Noah shouted from the food table.

"I'm going to give you a 5 second head start because I like you." I folded my arm.

5.

"How come you never gave me one?" Noah exclaimed.

4.

Beads of sweat rolled down Ace's face as he slowly backed away.

3.

"Shut up, Noah!"

2.

Ace turned around.

1.

He sprinted down the stairs into the hallway.

0.

I leaped from the stairs onto the floor of the hallway that I could still see him running down.

My legs pumped as I dodged and passed people as I got closer to Ace. I knew he could hear my thundering footsteps getting close because he tried to zig zag away from me.

Rookie mistake, wasting energy and loosing speed when I already know where he is.

Plus it's not like I'm holding any weapon.

Or am I...

"Gotcha." I bounced on the balls of my feet and pounced onto him.

My arms and legs locked around his neck and waist which was sure to make him fall over.

And he did.

But the clever little thing had already made it into the living room and aimed us towards the couch which we crash landed on.

Ace turned around to face me and pouted, "No fair, you're an agent."

"Fair, you're a football player." I smirked right back at him.

Then I realised the position we were in. He was lying back on the couch and me, balancing on all fours, above him.

He must've noticed too because his hand trailed up my arm to my cheek and started pulling me closer.

And closer.

And closer.

"Guys, the rain stopped! To the pool!" Someone shouted.

Ace and I sprung apart while people scrambled past to get outside.

"To the pool?" Ace rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yup." I took his hand and went past the rooms to get to the back yard.

The party literally just moved from inside to outside since the music was still as loud and everyone was doing what they were before.

Except for my friends who were either running around or pushing each other into Dean's pool.

"Do it! Do it! Do it!" We chanted as Noah held a wriggly Raven on his shoulder.

"Noah I will kill you if you do it!" She screeched.

"Meh, it's not like you haven't done that before." Noah casually shrugged.

The Raven whispered something into his ear which made him turn bright red.

"Uhh...worth the risk." And then he went up to the edge of the deep end of the pool and threw her in.

But Raven being the girl that she is, grabbed Noah's shirt and made him fall into the pool along with her.

I doubled over in laughter when Ace showed me the video of his falling in slow motion.

"Oh God, his face!" I wiped a tear that left my eyes then burst out laughing again.

Their heads were already above water and splashing each other.

"Come on Luna, it's your turn." Lucas waved his arm and signalled to the pool.

"Oh no, it's okay, I'd rather not get wet for the second time today."

"That's Luna for you," Hayley appeared out of nowhere and somehow already wearing a bikini.

Who wears a bikini to a Halloween costume party?

Hayley scanned me up and down, "So uptight and never lets loose, come on Luna, just have fun."

She enjoys mocking me way to much.

"You wanna see fun, I'll show you fun." I mumbled and grabbed the closest drink.

"Wait-" Ace tried to stop me but I already chugged the burning liquor down my throat.

"-That's the mixed strong alcohol."

I looked down at the cup then back up at him, "Really, doesn't seem like it."

I giggled as everyone started cheering when I got another drink.

It's safe to say that I was drunk.

I was very concentrated on the event that was happening before me. The people watching were highly focused on my next move, I think this could be classified as life or death situation..I don't know my head was kind of blurry at that moment.

I brought my arm back, aimed then threw the ping pong ball onto the table. My eyes widened as it cut through the air then landed in the middle cup on the back line.

"Hell yeah!" I high fived Ace next to me and the opposing player drank from the cup.

We just won the beer pong game.

"Celebratory drinks.." Dean handed us the red solo cups.

I was about to put the cup into my lips when Ace pulled it away tutting, "Ah ah ah, you've had enough drinks for tonight."

"But I'm showing everyone how to have fun!" I whined then fanned myself, "Why is it so hot?"

"It's normal temperature."

"But your wearing less clothes, oh is that how you do it?" I gave Ace's jacket back to him and took off my shirt.

I stuck my middle finger up at the guys who wolf whistled and car called.

"Woah, slow down there Cupcake." Ace stood in front of me and shielded me from their eyes.

"Water, I need water." My eyes drifted round then landed on the pool.

"Uh uh, big no no." Ace warned me.

I ran there anyway and did some weird tribal call before diving into the pool. I saw people laugh and then jump into the water either pushed or voluntarily.

I swam to the edge where Ace was kneeling down and shaking his head, "You're crazy."

"And you love it." I finished for him.

He licked his lips while grinning then helped me up, wrapping me in his warm jacket.

"Thank you." I yawned.

"You're tired, let's get you out of here." He retrieved a towel from somewhere and gave it to me.

"No, I'm fine-" I yawned again, "Plus Raven and Noah are still here, they are giving me a ride home."

"They already know I'm taking you."

I was going to protest but I already felt my eyes drooping, "Mkay."

I could hear a faint rumble so I opened my eyes to see myself in the passenger seat of Ace's car.

His free hand was enclosed in mine with his eyes trained onto the road, "Go back to sleep, we are almost there."

Satisfied with his hand in mine, I nodded off once more.

I felt myself swaying and going up higher meaning we were on some stairs. Ace was carrying me bridal style and I could sense him walking into a room and placing me onto a big bed.

"Goodnight." He kissed me on the forehead but my hand went to his arm pulling him back.

"Stay, please stay." I opened my eyes to see a dark room but I could make out his eyes.

"But your brother said-"

"Please." I begged.

He gave in and laid down next to me. I smiled in victory and nuzzled into his neck and his arm went around my waist holding me to him.

"Thank you." I murmured.

Then I fell asleep with the scent that I've grown attached to.

Timber & Apple.

***

The next morning I woke up with the worst hangover. I felt like my gut was in my throat, the bright sun shining through the curtains didn't help either.

I ran to the bathroom and threw up my guts into the toilet. Trust me when I say it was not a pretty sight.

My hair was pulled away from my face and a hand was rubbing my back, "I brought you some aspirin and water to help."

I flushed the toilet then washed my mouth and hands, "Thanks."

Ace- Wait Ace?

I look down at my clothes and see that I was in way to big basketball shorts and Ace's jersey.

When in hell did he change me?

I ran to the room that I slept in to see that it was Ace's room. Is pin around to see Ace leaning against the bathroom doorframe.

"What happened? We didn't do it, did we?" I rubbed my head as if it would help me remember what happened. Nope, it didn't work.

"And what would you do if we did?" Ace walked towards me and I instinctively stepped back.

"This is not the time to joke around, seriously."

"What's the last thing that you remember?" He carried on walking to me until I was backed up against the wall.

"Umm, Hayley showing up."

"So do you remember what we did?" He places both hands either side of my head.

Of course I remember it. Vividly might I add.

"Yes." I gulped.

He moved a piece of hair from my face, "Can you show me, I forgot."

His face leaned in and was getting closer but I ducked under his arm and out of his reach making him kiss the wall.

Yeah, it's gonna take more than your arms to block me.

Ace jumped back and I laughed so much that my stomach hurt and I felt like puking again and my laugh gave me a head ache.

"Aspirin?" He suggested and I nodded.

A pill and glass of water later, I was almost back to normal.

"What's this?" I go over to his desk to see a bunch of paper and exercise books.

"Oh that's just some homework." He carried on laughing at memes on his phone.

"Holy shit, school!" I ran to my phone to see that it was 11:24am.

"Don't worry, my mom called us in sick."

"But I'm not her daughter.."

"But she is the President's wife."

"Good point." I sat next to him on the bed.

"Also, your brother is mad at me because he had to go to school and you didn't." Ace switched his phone off to look at me.

"Of course he is." I laughed then stared at him. And he copied me.

The moment was ruined when my stomach rumbled. Damn you hungry self.

"You're hungry, aren't you?"

My stomach rumbles again to answer him.

"Alright let go down to- actually.." He has his idea face on, "I'm going to take you on our first official date."

"Official?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Official." He confirmed, "Wait here."

Ace got up from the bed and left the room for a few minutes then he came back holding a bunch of summer dresses and shoved them into my arms.

"Sorry, I don't know what you like to wear." His cheeks were a light pink.

"I'm really starting to question if these clothes are from your hookups or not." I laid them out on the bed.

"Not, definitely not." He shook his head vigorously, "I'm going to get some stuff but meet me by the front door in 10 minutes?"

Only 10?

"Okay sure."

I quickly put on the floral patterned gold dress and the heels that came with them then ran into Ace's bathroom. I used my fingers to brush out my tangled hair with the mirror as help then grabbed one of his cologne bottles and sprayed a bit on.

I took my phone of the nightstand then rushed to the front door in a record time with 15 seconds to spare.

I heard footsteps behind me, I turn around expecting to see someone else.

"Caroline, it's great to see you again."

"Luna, how are you?" She pulled me into a hug which I didn't not expect her to do but still accepted it.

"Great, what about you?"

"Good, not to be rude, but what are you doing here?" She questioned.

Before I could answer for myself, Ace was at my side, "I'm taking her on a date."

"During school hours?" Ace's mom raised and eyebrow at her son then winked at me.

"I- uh.." Ace trailed off.

"No I'm just kidding, go have fun lovebirds." She waved us through the door and outside.

"Thanks," we both said.

"Oh and Luna?" She smiled, "You look great in that dress."

***

"Can I take this thing off now?" I asked for the 5th time but Ace still held the blindfold around my eyes.

"In a little bit, we are almost there." I felt myself walking on some wooden planks before going onto a soft ground.

"There." He removed the piece of cloth and my breath caught in my throat.

We were on a grass island with a singular large tree on it, there was a bridge leading from the island onto the normal outstretch of grass and water surrounded it with the sun making it glisten.

"It's beautiful." My breathing returned back to me.

"It's only fair to take a beautiful girl to a beautiful place." He hugged me from behind.

I moved my head slightly and gave him a peck on the cheek.

He took my hand and sat us down on the picnic blanket that he brought as well as the picnic basket containing the food.

"Do you know why I chose to bring you here?" He said was we laid down.

"Why?"

"This was the place that Jayden and I always used to go to.." he took a deep breath.

"Used to?" My mouth parted slightly.

"Did you ever wonder why you were hired to protect me in the first place?"

***
A/N: it's boutta happen thoooo

I'm sure you guys are dying to find out what it is ;))

Well I guess you will just have to find out This Saturday when the next chapter comes out.

Hehe, Kirsten
xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 9.7K 42
Rachel Williams, the shy and quiet friend. Ella Chance, the outgoing and popular friend. Zachary Davis, the handsome, charming and popular kid in sch...
164K 15.9K 38
This is a FREE STORY with one paid bonus chapter! An exclusive boarding school on the coast of Maine. The unexplained death of a female student. A si...
17.8K 294 10
Lockwood and Co Oneshots from my Tumblr :)
9M 107K 77
In life there are things that are said, and then there are those that remain unsaid. For Keely Staub, her life mostly remained in the latter category...