Uncharted: The Treasure of th...

By carpboy009

Nathan Drake was once again on another death defying adventure with his mentor and best friend Victor Sulliva... More

Chapter 1: A Treasure Beyond Gold and Jewels
Chapter 2: The Force Behind Uncertain Things
Chapter 3: The Thrill of the Chase
Chapter 5: The Jedi Home Front
Chapter 6: The Truth Behind Questions...

Chapter 4: The Jedi's Intervention

446 9 1
By carpboy009

The object that held in his hand was of a silver looking color. With some odds and additions around. But what made Nate speechless was the pure blue light that escaped from the device. It activated and made an oddly satisfying 'SWOOM' sound. The light it gave off, even in the golden orange glow of evening, you could see the blue illuminate to area around it. Nate stood lowering his gun as he stared at the unworldly sight before him. The man swung his sword pointing it at Nate. His face was serious and full of determination.

"You're under arrest by the Jedi order. This is your last chance, or I won't hesitate to take you by force." He looked dead into Nates eyes. Nate, deep inside, was a little intimidated by this guy. Probably because he had some glowing sword of justice pointed at him. He gripped his gun harder. 'I'm probably going to regret this...' he thought before he pointed it towards the man who in response gripped his weapon as well.

"Well, I'm flattered." He paused to drink in the look of confusion on his face. "But I've got plans." He finished and fired two shots towards him. The man moved his arms and legs into a stance swing his sword in two solid places then froze. 'what?' was all Nate could think. He fired a few more shots only to see the man move his sword again exactly in the spots where Nate had aimed for. 'is he blocking my shots!?' he thought incredulously. There was a small moment before fired several more shots until his clip rang empty once again. "Augh, dammit!" he said as he ducked down to reload his weapon. When he had replaced the disposed ammo and put the bullet in the chamber he was about to start shooting again when he heard slight creaking. Then it stopped. And then grew louder. He looked at the dumpster swearing to god he just saw it move without him touching it. Then like a bat out of hell the dumpster literally FLEW to the side of the street into the wall of an old abandoned building. All that came to mind was "JESUS CHRIST!" what the Hell happened? Nate turned his gaze back to the man. His glowing sword of justice, which is what he would be calling it from now on, was pointed away while his other hand was thrown to his left. As if he just thrown something out of the way. The soldiers hadn't moved at all like nothing had happened. The smaller stranger in a cloak was walking forward. Her hands went up and removed her cloak revealing a new sight. What Nate saw was an orange skinned alien girl. But not like the other multi colored aliens he saw before. This one had markings along her face as well tails that came over her shoulders to the front. But her head looked like it had horns that were connected to her tail-hair. Her green eyes being the only thing standing out in the strange sea of orange on the girls face.

"You just had to annoy him did you? Now then," she pulled out two items from her waist under her cloak.

'Those look a lot like like-' "SVVUUM, SKKSSSHH" '...what he had' what should he do now. He watched as she got into a, assuming it's what it looked like, ninja stance. 'this is bad. Very, very bad.' Nate was outmanned and outgunned. Reasoning spoke for him to just drop the gun and give up. But another part of him said that getting caught would be worse later down the road than if he ran. Nate lowered the gun earning the young alien to raise an eyebrow. The man and other soldiers didn't even budge. Nate took his gun and holstered it under his cloak. Then started to undue his cloak. A small and very dumb idea in mind. He then raised his hands in surrender. This made the young alien girl lower from her stance while the man only lowered his sword a few inches.

"Catcher. Remove him of his weapon." The man ordered to where the soldier only replied by moving closer to Nates position. His weapon trained on him the whole time. He was only a few yards from Nate now. He had only one last option for the flight part of his plan.

"Yeah, come on Catcher... Come and get it." Nate said. The man scowled at this knowing he was going to try something but didn't know what yet. The younger alien only watched the scene play out with a curious eye. What was he planning to do? Even Nate didn't know. And just by looking at him she could tell he didn't even know. He was going to wing it. Worked out so far but look where that got him.

The soldier moved closer, only feet away from him now. The soldier with one arm holding the small rifle like gun aimed at him, carefully moved his hand back to his back to reach another pair of hand cuffs. When he stepped farther Nate took his chance. He swiped at the gun and swatted it out of the way and sent it skidding across the ground. Nate then took his arm swung a left hook, sending his helmet flying revealing the stunned soldier. This act staggering the man and sent him spinning a 180 degree turn. Just enough for him grab his neck and put him in a head lock using him as a hostage. While this scene was happening, the rest of the group had not only moved closer but were now figuring out a way to get to him without harming their own. "Now what the Hell is your problem!? The HELL did I do to have you people start chasing me all over this god forsaken town!?" he asked them. "If this is how dedicated they are to catching criminals then how is it I spotted like fifty on my walk to that diner before losing count!? Come on!" 'Seriously!' he thought to himself.

Nate didn't necessarily expect a good answer and he was right to think that until... "Resisting arrest, interfering in Republic duties, interfering with Jedi business, assaulting Republic military personal, & property damage. Do I have to continue or should I keep going?" Captain obvious proclaimed. Nate was starting to get pissed off. No matter what he did or tried he couldn't find an upper hand. He slowly stepped backwards, dragging the soldier who was struggling in the headlock.

"Take the shot sir!" the soldier shouted before Nate yanked him farther back as they backed away. Nate glanced around looking for another exit strategy. The only one he could think of was climbing the building through it's cracked walls to get to the roof tops. He took one more step and then stopped. He was a few yards away from the wall for him to climb. He took one last look around noting the slightly fastened pace of the group. He waited a couple seconds and then shoved and kicked the soldier he was holding into the man with the blue glowing sword, knocking them both on the ground. Nate quickly turned around and made his way for the wall. He jumped for the first ledge to grab hold of with ease. He then reached for another crack in the wall and started climbing. Eventually starting to practically jump from ledge to ledge as he climbed faster than a spider monkey. As he climbed when heard the captain order "Open fire!" loud and then heard the unmistakable sound of the future guns shooting around him. Some even coming close to hitting his legs and back. After a few close shots Nate grabs the ledge of the roof and pulls himself up. He looks back with a small grin when he finds the two Jedi and the three soldiers staring in shock at how he escaped their trap.

"So long suckers!" Nate shouts then turns and runs across the building's roof. He jumps onto the next building and then the next. He then takes cover behind a small metal box that looked somewhat like and air conditioner. "huh, did I lose them?" he asked no one in particular. He then stood up slowly and winced in pain. The Adrenalin dying down, he could feel pain raising in his gut. He moved his cloak out of the way to find his makeshift bandage had finally bled through. He would have to change it.

"HOLD IT!" a loud voice rang through the area. Nate's head shot right up. He looked behind him form where he had been running to find the two Jedi with their glowing swords out... falling. They flew up and landed on the roof... then proceeded to sprint full speed to him.

"ah crap." Nate started running and jumping from roof to roof. His sudden burst of adrenalin was still not enough to dull the pain that he already felt but instead made it start to hurt worse than before. Nate was coming across a part of a roof that had an open door leading into the next part of the several story building. He crashed through and sped through the inside. He sprinted through the hallway and did his best not to crash into anyone who stumbled through. He turned right and found a window at the end of the next hall. He looked behind him and found the jedi had made the turn with ease and still were on his tale. Nate not thinking ran full speed and crashed through the window. "GUAAH!" Nate and all the shattered glass fell and landed on the roof of the next building. He took a second to get his Barings and got back up and ran to the end of the roof to skid and stop in realization that there was no other building to jump to. He turned and started to run again to stop and watch the two Jedi flying out the previous buildings window and what seemed like gliding toward the roof. Nate suddenly heard the sound of some kind of chopping sound. He turned when it was right next to him.

A spaceship of some kind was floating 20 yards away from him in the air. It had wings that bent down to an angle and the front of the ship had a glass window on it. He could see the pilot with a helmet similar to those of the soldiers. Speaking of which, said soldiers including Captain blue face were present inside of the ship when the door slid open. All of their weapons were trained on him. But there was someone new as well. A human man was standing next to the Captain with a mix of body armor on his shoulders arms and legs, with robes covering the rest of his body. He had a bearded face that was a forest/desert brown. Said man was looking at Nate with... curious eyes. He then suddenly jumped out of the floating space ship onto the roof. Pulled out a small remote like device on his hip. Nate already could see where this was going. It activated with a "SVVWOO!" sound where another Blue Glowing sword of justice was seen coming out of the device. Nate turned around and found the other two slowing down and then stopping several meters away.

Nate turned back to the new threat. "So this is the man you said was the source? Looks like quite the trouble maker. Might even give you a run for your money Anakin." He spoke in a somewhat British accent. But carried himself with more elegance as one of those lords you'd see on a James bond movie.

The man Nate had been chased by, now known as Anakin, spoke up. "Only because I didn't think he could get away." He then turned towards his partner. "Back me up Snips."

She lowering a slight amount spoke up. "It's true Master. We thought we had him then he used a building to climb and escape. I didn't even see the cracks on the side for him to use until we were already on the roof chasing him."

Nate not knowing what the hell was going on was looking back and forth at the three as they spoke until the new man began to speak. "Well, it appears your time is up. It's time to come with us." He was now pointing his sword at Nate.

Nate didn't know what to do or say so he just said the first thing that came into his head. "Jesus, you people REALLY must not like the homeless. God all I did was stand in a spot for like ten seconds and you start chasing me and nearly KILLED ME!" Nate grew visibly pissed as he continued. "I seriously, Just got here!" this made the three tense a bit as they saw his frustration. Nate had enough. If he was going down he was going down swinging. He grabbed his gun from his holster and fired two shots at the bearded man. His sword was swinging where Nate had placed his shots. The troopers in the flying space ship fired at Nate. He rolled away, losing his cloak in the process. When he got up his vision blurred from the Immense pain caused by the rolling and attempted to fire at the troopers only to hit the floating ship instead.

He heard the alien girl gasp when he stood. He looked at them. Everyone present, even some of the troopers, were lowering their weapons in shock. All had wide eyes as they stared at him. Nate looked around confused until he looked down. His makeshift bandage had bleed completely through. Blood was now staining his hands and his shirt around the bandage. He placed a hand on his wound while his other kept his gun pointing at the group. He couldn't deny that it wasn't a lot of blood.

"Who... who did that to you? What happened?" the alien girl asked. Her green eyes wide and alert. Nate could tell that she actually wanted to know.

Sighing slightly Nate answered. "Bad business with a friend and his army of damn mercenaries."

Her partner Anakin as well as the bearded man's eyes widened more at the mention of an army and mercenaries. The bearded man spoke deactivating his lazer sword. "Listen. We can help you. Come with us and we can treat your wounds back at the temple." He spoke earnestly. Wanting to help but also wanting to know more about this man and his involvement with what happened.

"Yeah, that's funny. After all the shit that just happened the last twenty minutes. You want to help me? What then? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about with all that bull shit. Now if you excuse me... huh... I need to find a place to sleep tonight." He finished. He was going to jump to a building closest. If he timed the jump right he could crash through a window and find a way out before he would be found by them again.

Nate put his gun away and ran for the edge of the roof behind him. He heard the Jedi behind him call out "WAIT!" at the same time. But he didn't care. He jumped off. For a moment it felt like he was flying. It almost made him remember that time in Cartagena when he was getting chased by agents. He then came back to reality and crashed through the window. Landing on his stomach with a loud thud after rolling. He quickly got up and started running again.

Hopefully he could lose the group of soldiers and Jedi now chasing him and find a soft bed to sleep in tonight.

After some more running and hiding, Nate had finally lost the group of pursuers after watching them from a distance get into the ship and fly away. He followed the ship to find a temple.

Yep... a temple... In the middle of a city that went for miles. In every direction... That didn't stand out at all.

From where he was on a rooftop he could see the temple was made out of some kind of stone. That looked like a castle almost, with five towers sprouting from the middle. He watched as the ship flew to the side where a metal platform that looked out of place was sitting out. But from how far he was he couldn't see the group of people get out but he knew that was the same ship from before. He decided he would rest on that roof for the night. While he was hiding he managed to find some more cloth again to make another bandage. Not another cloak sadly and there was only enough for him to wrap around his waist a couple times. He clearly needed proper medical treatment but that would have to wait. He needed to sleep and he needed it badly. He rested on the roof of the building and closed his eyes. Praying to God this was all a dream, he fell asleep in an instant.

Nate woke up with a start.

He shot straight up right and immediately rerated it. He reached down to his lower torso over his bandage covering his bullet wound... 'bullet wound? Oh no...' He looked around wide eyed. The morning sun was eclipsing tall buildings around him. He looked more and found flying cars everywhere as they sped off on invisible roads in the air. Looking over the edge of the roof he was on, he found people several stories down walking. Some human, most... not so much. "oh crap. It wasn't a dream." He said in defeat. "how the hell am I supposed to get home? Where the hell am I?" he spoke to himself. He looked back down to his bandage. It was holding up nicely. The wound itself might've healed some. As long as he didn't do a lot of running and rolling he should be fine. "Ok Nate, what was I doing again?" he thought for a moment then his plan came rushing back to him. "Right. Break into that pretty looking temple over there" he said as he looked at the temple in the distance. "Find the library that Dexter told you about. Find a map. And get home... if I can even get home." He finished. As he said it a thought grew in his head. 'With all these aliens running around, soldiers who I KNOW aren't in any mercenary or military group I know of, flying cars, and people swinging glowing swords everywhere. I might not even be AT home anymore... Am I on another planet!?' he thought and panicked at the same time. The more he thought about it the more it made sense. But then a question grew. 'wait if I'm on another planet then how come there are humans here? Not only that but humans with VERY human accents?... one thing at a time Nate.' He finished thinking and stood up from his comfortable spot on the ground. He stood full weight on his legs to get a feel for them. He felt a little woozy from losing blood but nothing that would cause problems in the future. He then looked around for a way down from the roof he was on when a he heard some kind of horn. Looking behind him he found some kind of bright yellow flying car was floating closer to him. It slowly turned and then stopped just on the edge. The side of it slid open and he found some kind of alien that had a scale-y kind of skin, however it wasn't a lizard or crocodile scale-y. it was almost like it belonged in a desert. He, because it obviously looked like a he, wore some kind of bandana on his head. And he wore what looked like some kind jacket, though the material looked completely different then leather.

He spoke with an Australian accent so to speak, with a little bit of drunk in there somewhere. "Hey there, saw you while I was passin by so I figured I'd give ya a ride. Gotta do the missis proud and do my good deed for the day, ya know?" he spoke and gave a grin. Not some 'I'm gonna stab you in the back' kind of grin but one that looked genuine.

Nate, shocked that any of this was even happening in the first place stuttered. "Uh y-yeah. Sure, that works out perfect." He said. 'well... that's convenient' He knew better than to blindly trust people who would just help him for the hell of it but he didn't have a choice. He walked up and got in his flying ship/car. The door slid shut and they flew off.

"So, where do ya need to go?" the driver asked.

"Uh... there." He said pointing to the temple.

"You want to go there, heh heh that's funny guy. Can't go there unless you're one of them Jedi's. there is a tourist spot though, if that's what you're talkin bout'."

"Well, it's a start... yeah take me to that tourist spot. I guess I can get that far from there."

The car drove, or FLEW, off towards the Stone Temple in the middle of some giant ass city, possible on another planet full of aliens and human people alike. This all was so real and Nate knew it but refused to want to believe it. He pinched himself on his arm. 'Yep... still awake and alive... this is both awesome and completely sucks.'

The Ship was around several hundred yards away from the temple. When they stopped and descended onto a small platform made of metal that hung down across a giant gap from the temple. From the platform it looked level with the cement and stone ground of the temple, but it was still out of reach. Nate exited the ship and walked over to the driver when he slid his door open. Nate pulled out several slips of the gold and silver 'Credits' these people called them, and handed them over. "Much obliged." The alien man thanked him.

"Ahh, just tell the misses that you did good." Nate thanked him one more time before the alien closed his door of his ship, raised his ship from where they were and flew away. Nate then turned to the gathering group of people and aliens on the deck below him walk to the right. He followed their path to where it would lead when he saw the 'space dock' as he called it. Then the space dock was connected to a giant room inside the temple wall that Nate could only assume would be his way inside the temple. No turning back now. He began to jog his way over to the group of aliens and humans being led by some tourist alien lady as they were given a history briefing of the temple.

To say that the history lesson from the tourist lady was boring was an understatement.

Nate wished that he would've been shot by one of those laser guns because this lady was SOOOOO SLOW!

Every time she would talk it would be about something completely off topic from the temple. When someone would ask a question about the temple she would shrug it off with a simple and already known answer. Well already known by the rest of the groups standards. When someone would ask about what she was talking about she would stand there for a good FIVE MINUTES before starting to walk again. Nate was absolutely bored out of his damn mind. And he could tell that the tourists around him were as, if not more, unamused with her ranting about what Maylurun fruit flavored drink was better or not. Seriously what was the point of arguing about it? Nate didn't even know what the hell a Maylurun was and he could still care less! (serious talk here guys and gals, I hate people who do this. It drives me insane to the point where I want to punch someone.)

It wasn't until about an hour later when The group finally made it to the docks where they could get a closer look at the inside of the temple. Apparently it was a very new and carful decision the people in the temple made about letting people so close inside this place. It must've been a very holy place to them because from what he got out of the tourist lady when she wasn't talking about her boyfriend that's off in the other side of the city, and looking around the dock where he could see more soldiers dressed in that white armor from head to toe were standing in groups of two either doing patrols or standing guard, or moving metal crates from place to place, that this place must be a very holy place if there are some many people guarding it and if they let no one else who isn't military or Jedi inside period.

'how am I gonna do this?... first I need to lose the group.' Nate looked at his group that he had been following. The tourist lady going on about something dumb as usual. Nate slowed his walk down to where he was only taking small and slow strides. When they were a certain distance away he snuck behind a metal crate and crouched so he could be harder to see. 'Ok simple enough, now I need to get inside...' Just before he could think of a plan he saw two soldiers walk right in front of him. He quickly ducked his head back and glanced behind him. Nothing was there so he looked back around. The soldiers were walking away from him. He sighed a little and continued to look around and notice a lone soldier guarding a door at the far end of the giant room containing ships and big metal crate containing cargo and supplies. He figured that if he could take him down he can get inside.

Nate moved to the edge of the left side of the crate and peeked his head out, looking to his right to make sure no other soldiers would surprise him, then to his left where the first two had walked two. Nothing was around so he made a silenced run towards the next set of crates. He then went to the far left side closest to the wall and looked over again. No soldiers from here to the far wall. 'good. Now let's take this nice and easy.' He once again did a silenced crouched run as he passed the crates. Checking his right every time, he passed them. He made It to the very last one after what felt like an eternity of crouch running when saw a soldier's legs start to appear in front of him. Thinking quickly, he made for cover at the edge of the crate. If he timed this right he could use the soldiers gun to choke him out and knock him unconscious quietly. Nate calmed his heart for the moment when he could strike. When he saw the torso of the man in front of him he leapt at him and maneuvered his way behind him. He grabbed the gun's barrel and hilt and thrusted it into the man's neck. He continued to pull it closer while the man struggled to yell out but couldn't. 'go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep.' Nate was quietly thinking as the man's struggles were slowly dying out. Eventually form slumped over. Nate sat him down and leaned him against the crate. He checked his pulse and was relieved to find him still breathing. He took his gun and looked it over. 'the hell is this thing made out of to shoot lasers? The hell kind of place is this?... Questions for later.' Nate found a way to clip it to his back belt loop next to the small pouch that held his blank notebook. 'I should really start writing all this down.' finishing his quick afterthought, Nate looked past the edge of the crate still in cover. He found that the lone soldier was still standing there. Then two more soldiers showed up. They talked for a few seconds and then the guard pressed a button on the door. It slid upwards open and the other soldiers went inside. 'that's how I get in' he thought with a grin.

Nate thought about how he could distract him. Then an idea that was so simple it just might work popped into his head. He reached into his pocket and pulled out two small pieces of the silver credits in his hand. He carefully aimed and threw them across the room. Twenty or so yards away from the door you could hear several 'tinks' coming from the direction opposite of the throw. The trooper looked over at the noise tilting his head. He then moved from the door to go and investigate.

Nate was silently congratulated himself as he made his way for the door. He stopped in front of it and glanced around. No one was nearby so he pressed the same button he saw the guard press before and the door flew open. Nate walked through the doorway. He was officially inside the Jedi temple now.

Holy shit... my feet hurt.

No not from me typing this story with my toes. That's just dumb. I mean from working all the damn time.

Now I haven't read any of the reviews about this story yet. I kinda want to avoid that right now. Or not and I'm just lazy. I don't know any more. Anyway I finished this chapter. I'll write more later. It's 3 in the morning and I'm gonna sleep off all this until next week so I don't have to deal with school bullshit.

ANY WAY thank you for reading

If you liked it you liked it

If you didn't you didn't

That's my praise of wisdom for this chapter.

Also as to why my story is so formal in the chapter name and story name in the beginning. Not only am I reading other fan fiction to get ideas for my writing style. But I'm also reading actual books.

Whatever.

Any way if you've gotten this far into reading this part of my comments then read this.

By the time this has been written It is April of 2017. Published may be a different story.

Anyway thank you for reading once again and I will see you later/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 212 30
Victor "Sully" Sullivan is on the hunt for the lost treasure from the 16th century, where 18 people traveled the world to look for it originally, the...
4.2K 136 13
(Y/N) (L/N), an archeologist who can't figure out what to write her next blog about, gets a call from her old friend, Nathan Drake. He asks (Y/N) to...
21.2K 524 16
After being tracked down by Harry Flynn, Nathan and (y/n) Drake go on a quest for Marco Polo's lost fleet. However when things take an unexpected tur...
5.5K 104 23
now in a normal life, Nathan and Ella Drake put their treasure hunting, thieving selves in the past, however, when Nate's brother, Samuel Drake retur...