MANIPULATED Book A (Sequel to...

By CorruptedN1ghtmare

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "AREN'T YOU TEMPTED", PLEASE DO SO. AS THIS WILL MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO YOU WHATSOE... More

RULES
1. Changed
2. Questions
3. Some Answers
CLARIFICATION
4. Situation
5. Blood Stains
6. Yet Feels So Right
7. The Last Straw
8. A Whole New World
9. Over The River And Through The Woods
10. A Comfortable 105°F Shower
11. An Apple A Day
12. Come Along
13. Lucky Girl
14. Just An Average Bro
15. Knock Knock
16. Ask And You Shall Recieve
18. Fires Within Our Hearts
19. Your Majesty
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
PSA

17. Turn Up The Heat

4K 248 314
By CorruptedN1ghtmare

You wake up restrained. Your wrist wears a cuff with a chain that is bolted into a wall, and you're spread out on the floor of what you can assume is a bedroom. You're free to move around, but only in the limited space in which the chain gives slack.

You hear Dark's menacing voice echo from somewhere, but he's not in the room with you. "Now we just wait for your Prince Charming."

You pull on the chain to try to get it loose from the wall.

"I hope you find it comfortable here in the short time you will be staying... Oh, and just to keep things interesting, I've added a bed to your chamber. Just in case you and him wanted to continue your... 'showertime adventure.'"

You're body grows cold. How does he know?

You hear him chuckle, and he lights a candle in the corner of the dark room. "That is only if this doesn't heat things up enough..."

The fire of the candle grows, then quickly melts the entire stick. But the fire doesn't die out, instead, it spreads across the table on which it was placed on, catching the old wood in tongues of flames.

He's setting the room on fire for you to burn in. This is what he wants: you to feel and experience extreme fear and pain, so Anti feels it too and comes right to you, leading him right to Dark. It's a trap for Anti, and you are the live bait.

The fire spreads up the wall, and catches the curtains on fire. You can now feel the heat pulsing through the room. You pull the chain some more, but it won't budge. So you look around the room for anything that may help. But Dark wasn't gracious enough to give you anything.

If you don't do something now, you'll choke on the smoke and suffocate in this room.

The fire crawls against the walls, now spreading onto two instead of just the corner.

Maybe you could melt the chain. Get it close enough to the fire?

But that would take too much time. You'd be sure to die then.

You kick the bolt, watching as the fire grows closer and closer to it. Then eventually you have to back away.

Then a searing hot pain scorches your wrist. The chain is metal, which is the strongest heat conductor. And it has collected heat from the fire and now burns your skin.

You feel tears sting your eyes from the pain. You'll do more damage to your wrist if you yank it.

The fire has surrounded the bolt of the chain in flames, and has started on the wooden floor, starting with the carpet by the unlit fireplace.

You grab your wrist in pain, careful not to touch the metal nor the burn.

It's getting hotter and hotter and you're running out of oxygen in the room. You start to choke on the smoke and wheeze the ashes out of your lungs.

Hot tears streak down your face as you don't know what to do. If you could just break the chain, you could run to the door, which is not yet engulfed in flames.

The fire is at your feet, and you can no longer feel your hand in which the clamp has burned. It must have burned your nerves dead. But you can still feel the pain.

You look back at the clamp, and see that the wall around it is burnt away. So if you just pull a little bit, there's a chance the bolt will slip out. But you can only yank with your burnt hand.

You're running out of time and you have no other options. You grab a hold of your wrist, which has lost all feeling, take a deep breath of smoke and ash, and scream in pain as you yank on the chain.

You fall back to the ground, hair inches away from the fire, and sobs escaping you. But you see the hole in the wall where the bolt once was.

It worked, but you have a white hot chain stuck to you. You just need to get out of the room and away from the fire, then it can cool down.

You bolt to the door through the thick black smoke, struggling to locate the handle. Blindly, you search with your good hand and find it, but it burns your palm slightly. It's metal too.

Then you just kick the door open, and it opens wide with a slam.

This was a huge mistake. The oxygen from the outside seeps into the room of fire, feeds it, then explodes, sending you flying down the hall in a ball of flame.

You crash in multiple ways. The scent of burnt skin and hair fills your nose. You can't open your eyes at first, because you realize you blacked out for some time. But when you wake up, your surroundings are in flames. Everything in the hall, tongues of fire are distributed to different artifacts.

You struggle to stand up, coughing up smoke, feeling weak in your legs, and having no feeling in your hand, now the loss of sensation spreading up your arm.

Then you notice the chain is gone. It must have blown off in the explosion, and all that remains is a black band of burnt skin that bleeds to parts of your hand and up your arm a little.

This is more serious than a 4th degree burn.

You can't move your hand at all, but you finally stand up and bolt a way from the fire down the hall.

Then you hear a voice coming from somewhere.

"WHERE IS SHE!?"

It was Anti. He has come here and now he's looking for you. But it sounds like Dark found him first.

You turn down a hall away from the voice. You coming across either men, both of whom want you dead, will assure you a non pleasant death.

But the fire isn't a good option either. Now the halls of the castle start to flood with smoke, but there's no fire in sight.

You have no idea where you're going and there's too much smoke to see or breathe in. This place is a maze and you know that eventually you will run into a dead end. But you avoid any and all voices and all flames and smoke as much as possible, trying to find the exit.

"(Y/N)!" You hear Anti call near you. You turn a corner to see him stepping out of a room, but he doesn't notice you. You quickly slip into a door closest to you. The lights are off and its cold. You listen for his footsteps to pass, but they don't. You hear them approach then stop at the door.

He opens it, you behind the hinges so he can't see you. The light from the hall casts a shadow of his figure on the ground. Then he steps in a couple paces. He looks around, remaining as quiet as possible. He's listening for your thoughts.

You quickly imagine yourself in the room of fire again, imagining yourself back in it, and focusing on the burn on your arm, trying reexperience the pain as if it was happening at that moment.

Then he leaves, closing the door behind him. You release a breath of relief, and count to 30, then slip back into the hall and continue in the opposite direction.

The fire has spread, because you now have limited ways to turn. You even at times recognize the hallways you've already been in. The fire closes in, and forces you down more halls.

Then you turn down another extended hall and you hear fighting. Grunts and battle cries echo around you.

Anti and Dark must have found each other again.

You can't go back, because the fire has already spread. It's like it wants you to go to them.

You come upon double doors, and the fire closes in around you. You open the doors and shut them behind you.

Inside you have found the ballroom, having not yet seen the light of a single flame.

The ceiling reaches tall, pillars circling the perimeter of the floor reaching above and meeting in the center, where a large black chandelier hands down. Tall glass windows line the back wall with drapes hanging gracefully from them. The black stone walls and the extricate pattern of the floor tiles makes this room beyond elegance.

But the only problem with this place is: it's not an exit. Nor are there any in sight.

You go to one of the windows and look to see you are very high above the ground, and below you can see the entrance of the castle, and the black moat that lays below. If you could just get down there.

You're just about to start to head back to the double doors when they burst open. Anti flies inside with wild eyes, searching for you. His shirt is burnt and ripped. He must have gone through the fire to get here, because now pieces of door engulfed in fire are scattered on the ground, and flames from the hallway surround Anti. But the fire around him doesn't compare to the flames of fury in his eyes when he sees you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1.2K 32
It's your 1 year anniversary with Jack. You were so excited for tonight! He was keeping it a secret, where you were going, and no matter how many tim...
6.3K 300 24
{COMPLETED} (#wattys2018) At the age of 10 both your parents were murdered by an unknown killer. You fended for yourself from then on. You ran away...
13.7K 352 26
A young (Y/N) get captured by the King's army. I am (Y/FN) (Y/LN). I was brought to King Dark as punishment for my accused crimes against demonkind...
2.7K 142 19
You've been with Anti now for almost two years, and you have done something you never thought you would do; go to the Underworld and meet the all pow...