Wolf (UNDER SOME SERIOUS REVI...

By -hickman

"Do you know what metal this knife is made of?" My breaths were coming out in ragged wheezes, sounding... More

Before You Read
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Lorenzo
Chapter Three: Dungeons
Chapter Four: Rations
Chapter Five: Dreams
Chapter Six: Chores
Chapter Seven: Sick
Chapter Eight: Promise
Chapter Nine: Visitor
Chapter Ten: Boy
Chapter Eleven: Quote
Chapter Twelve: Gone
Chapter Thirteen: Stay
Chapter Fourteen: Betrayal
Chapter Fifteen: Innocence
Chapter Sixteen: Stronger
Chapter Seventeen: Cheap
Chapter Nineteen: Fragile
Chapter Twenty: Coronation
Chapter Twenty-One: Parents
Chapter Twenty-Two: Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Three: Fight
Chapter Twenty-Four: Heart
Chapter Twenty-Five: Trying
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dinner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Shift
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lycanthemine
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forget
Chapter Thirty: Gift
Chapter Thirty-One: Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Control
Chapter Thirty-Three: Patricia
Chapter Thirty-Four: Showtime
Chapter Thirty-Five: Camilla
Chapter Thirty-Six: Panic
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Handmaid

Chapter Eighteen: Submission

27.3K 879 227
By -hickman

Chapter Eighteen:

     The man's chest heaved up and down with beastly anger, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He spat menacingly.

     A choked cough escaped me and I shifted my gaze to the man sprawled out on the floor behind me, blood pooling beneath him. "Hurting him isn't going to help." I said, my hand pressed against my chest as the pain pulsed through my front.

     "Get out of the fucking way, runt, or I'll do the same to you." His eyes glowed with anger as his hands curled into fists.

     "Better me than him." I whispered, knowing what I said would surely ear me a beating. I was never, ever allowed to talk back, yet here I was.

     He growled loudly and with two hands, grabbed my hair in a tight grip, making me squeak in fear and pain. He pulled me to my feet, hovering a few inches above me. "You should be put in your place, slut." I frantically clawed at his hands, trying to relieve the pain in my scalp.

     "Didn't anybody tell you to never lay a hand on a lady?" A deep voice growled, slicing through my ears.

     I felt a relieved smile pull at the side of my lips; it was Percyus. I hear the man let out a whispered swear and immediately release me. I almost let my knees buckle and crumple to the floor, but I didn't, I didn't want to seem weak. He straightened up and bowed his head, "My apologies, King Percyus."

     Percyus, strided forward from his place in the doorway, making the man swallow nervously. Percyus grabbed my arm gently and pushed me behind him. He was at least a foot tall than the man, knowing full well even just his height was frightening. "You're apologies don't mean shit to me. You hurt her- you hurt anyone; I will fucking kill you. So what if she was an omega, do you think that makes you better than her?"

     "The omega's are weaker so of course I think I'm better, it's common." The man tried to reason, but everyone knew that was a lie. But I wasn't even an omega, I was nothing, but I wasn't ready to correct them.

     "Who do you think makes sure your pups have daycare? Who do you think takes care of the weekly runs to go get us food to eat? Think again next time you think you're better than them, because without them you'd starve." He growled, his hands around the man's collar, dangerously close to his neck.

     The man snapped his mouth shut, his cheeks turning pink. "Fuck you."

     That triggered anger in Percyus, his once green irises turning blood red. He picked up the man by his collar, slamming him to the ground. His fist connected with the man's nose breaking it immediately. I cringed back at the crunch that followed his punch. The man let out a guttural scream as he clutched his nose in pain.

      Percyus growled and pressed his knee into the man's chest. The man groaned and tried to move it, but he couldn't. "Submit." Percyus snapped.

     I let out a gasp. I knew this was serious.  An Alpha making someone submit usually only happens in a fight where he will kill them unless they submit. It means he's holding back and giving mercy instead of killing. It wasn't all fine and dandy afterwards either, the fact that he disrespected Percyus will get him a hefty punishment.

     The man kept struggling, trying to get Percyus's knee off of his chest, wheezing as it limited his air. Getting angry, Percyus pinned the man's arms down, letting out a terrifying roar, "SUBMIT, NOW!"

     I fell to my knees, shaking. I thought I wouldn't be this scared of him anymore, but now that I see what could happen if I screwed up, I was horrified. "Go inside, Calla, now." He said in a low, commanding voice.

     I held in a petrified sob and scrambled to my weak feet. I felt like collapsing at any second, like my legs had turned to jelly. I ran inside, my hand pressed to my mouth. I felt sick. I wanted to scream and cry.

     My wolf hearing picked up his next words, even though I was inside. "This is your last chance. Submit now, or I will kill you." His voice was deathly calm and flat, sending shivers down my spine.

     "No." The man strained out. "Your father was right, you aren't fit to be Al-"

     SNAP.

     His voice cut off and I heard a small thud. My mouth dropped open in shock. Percyus just killed that man. I felt tears fall from my eyes and onto my cheeks. It was my fault. If I hadn't been such a useless slut I wouldn't have made him call me all those names. If I wasn't in this pack I wouldn't have even been in their way and someone else would've stepped in and nobody would've been killed.

     My nails scrapped deep into my arms, leaving three bloody streaks down my wrist. I was about to continue when I suddenly remembered the promise I had made. I had promised to not punish myself. A promise can't be broken. I broke it.

     A deep sinking feeling dropped down my stomach, making my blood pound in my ears. I immediately pulled my sleeve down over my arm. If Percyus saw, he'd probably be so disappointed in me. I didn't know what physical punishment came with breaking a promise, but I knew it wouldn't be good. I'd most likely be whipped until they could see every bone in my back.

     I let out a sob just thinking about how bad it would hurt. And how disappointed he would be in me, the look he would give me; sadness, anger... I was so ashamed of myself. How could I be so careless? How could I forget my promise? He never forgot his.

     Through my quiet sobs I heard Percyus again, "I'm so sorry, Damien." He whispered his voice sounding thick. "You were very brave, a great warrior, and a good friend. Rest in peace." Then I heard him get up.

     I scrambled to my feet and wiped at my eyes to rid any trace of my tears away. I stood to the side, making sure my arm was covered by the dark sleeve of his shirt he had lent me. The door to the porch opened slowly, the hinges screeching in protest. I felt my legs tremble and quiver.

     Percyus ducked through the door, the man whom he had just killed rested in his arms. I was stunned to silence and bowed my head in respect for the dead man. Percyus's eyes were rimmed with red and he sniffed, "Calla, will you please go help the man outside? I have some things I need to take care of."

     I immediately nodded, "Yes, sir." I all but ran passed him and out the door.

     I spotted the bleeding man in the same spot he had been in before, only this time more blood was coating him. I rushed to his side and feel to my knees as he made an attempt to get up, groaning in pain.

     "No, sir, please don't try to get up on your own!" I urged, lightly pressing on his shoulders to get him to lay down.

     He shoved my hands off of him, "I'm fine!" He growled, his shove making me fall onto my butt.

     I tried not to get hurt my his comment and act like the sensitive baby I was. He needed help, there was no way he could get up by himself, and even if he did, his concussion would make him pass out. "Sir, please let me help you."

     "I said I'm fine!" He snapped. "Will you just shut up and leave me alone?"

     I stayed quiet, however not leaving. I hated to disobey him, but I hated to disobey Percyus even more. Disobeying Percyus would have much more severe consequences. I was already in enough trouble.

     The man, after struggling a bit more, gave up. He fell back to the ground, cursing like a sailor. His eye had swelled shut already and bruises had started forming all over his body. He turned to me, his one eye narrowing. "Didn't I tell you to leave?"

     I nodded.

     He stared at me, "Why haven't you? I told you I'm fine. If you just leave me here I can get up in a little bit. Are you stupid or something?"

     I shook my head. I didn't want to speak, as he had told me to shut up. Then I realized that I was stupid, I couldn't even read. I felt bad for the lie, but I didn't want to disobey his orders, as he was trying to trick me into saying something to give him reason to hurt me.

     "You're not mute, I know that, so why aren't you talking?" He said, his arm wrapped around his midsection tightly.

     I swallowed nervously, "I'm sorry to speak out of turn, sir, but you told me to shut up." I bowed my head.

     He seemed surprised, "Damn, I didn't think you'd take it that seriously. You can talk."

     "Thank you, sir." I said quietly.

     "Why did you do it?" He asked after a long pause of silence.

     "Do what?" I ask.

     "Jump in front of me and take that kick?" He seemed curious.

     "I figured it would be better for his attention to be on someone useless like me instead of someone important like you, sir." I answer.

     "Oh.. well, thank you." He said awkwardly. I wanted to slap myself for making him uncomfortable. "Did he do that to your arm too?"

     I looked down and blood had dried down below my sleeve and onto my hand and wrist that was exposed. I shook my head, "No." I felt mortified, my own broken promise reminded again.

     He chose not to say anything following that, saving me from having to confess. "Can I help you get up, sir?" I change the subject quickly. "You need medical attention."

     He sighed, "Fine."

     I stood up, trying to think of a way to help him up, as he was considerably heavier than me. He look up at me, his one working eye widening as he saw how thin I was. "Are you sure you can help me? I don't mean to be rude, but you're very skinny."

     I nodded, "I have an idea."

     I helped him roll onto his side, inch by inch until the pain subsided and he could move again. After that I helped him up onto his knees, the process even slower than the first. Then, I pushed a chair up in front of him and hand him out his hands on it and push himself up. I helped him, lifting his body as much as my weak body could.

     I helped a little but not much. He did most of the work, but by the time he had managed to stand, he was so drained that he almost fell over. I rushed over and looped one of his thick arms around my shoulders and neck. He leaned on me, nearly crushing me.

     My legs shook with the effort of keeping him up, threatening to buckle. "Where is the... doctor?" I say through gritted teeth.

     "Out of town on business." He grunted, his bleeding intensifying, soaking into my shirt and onto my body.

     Well that's great. "Can you direct us to the medical wing, sir? I could do it."

     He didn't waste anytime, probably now in so much pain that he didn't care, "Forward."

     We started walking forward, my knees wobbling with every step. I tried to stay strong for his sake, but my bones ached. Only bruises flared up with pain and new ones formed from how much weight he had on me. His left arm was around me and his right was wrapped around his midsection, were the most kicks were delivered.

     It took us at least ten minutes of slow, painful walking until we reached the medical wing, which was only three turns. It would've taken me thirty seconds without his weight. I tried to find someone to help in some way, but the house seemed to be completely deserted.

     The man seemed to see my frustration, "Someone just died, they're all out in the courtyard having a burial and honoring him. It'll last all night."

     I grunted in response and lugged him the last step through the doorway.  With one final tug, I sat him down on the bed, letting him do the work of lying down, as the first thing he did was flop onto his back.

     I felt the almost overwhelming urge to lie down or collapse, but I knew that wasn't appropriate nor acceptable for a low rank like me. I went in search for the supplies I would need. My legs still shook from exhaustion, and I felt light headed. But I wasn't the one who was hurt, he was.

     I grabbed everything I would need: gloves, antiseptic, gauze, bandages, thread, needle, and a chewable anesthetic. I went to the sink and scrubbed my hands and arm clean, making sure I didn't have any blood running and risk contamination.

     I put the gloves on and went back, ready to get to work. I handed him the chewable, setting up the rest of the stuff on a tray. "Will you get me some water? These things taste like shit." He mumbled.

     I nodded quickly, having not known. I was never, ever allowed something to dull the pain. I got him a cup of tap water in a small Dixie cup by the sink. Afterwards, he let me get to work.

     "Is it alright if I cut your shirt, sir?" He nodded quickly.

     I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut his shirt quickly along the hem, thinking maybe he'll want to fix it. I peeled his shirt back. He winced as it tore some blood clots that had formed and stuck to his shirt.

     "Sorry, sir." I mumbled, shifting from foot to foot as I started working, trying not to show how exhausted and ready to collapse I was.

      The process of mending all of his bigger wounds took around an hour, as the small ones I had been worrying about fixing had started healing on their own due to his wolf powers. I was grateful for that.

     I helped him sit up and lean against the pillows as I rushed to get multiple bags of ice. I could hardly keep my eyes awake, and felt awful as closer tot he end I had started to make small mistakes as exhaustion took its toll.

      The ice on my hands was a small wake up and I carried five bags of ice back, setting them on the table. He had wanted a wheelchair instead of being stuck in bed rest, against my wishes. I wheeled the chair up next to the bed, putting the locks on so it wouldn't roll away.

     I then helped him stand, the process quicker than before as he was starting to heal, but still a five minute process. I sat him down in the chair and breathed a tad bit heavier than I should have.

     I went back and got the ice bags allowing with some sports tape. I taped one bag around his left leg which had a big gash from crashing on one of the tables, and one around it right, which had multiple cuts. I wrapped two around his midsection, on both sides. Lastly, I put one behind his head to support his likely concussion.

     "Alright, I'm done. Where would you like to go, sir?" I asked, selfishly hoping he would pick somewhere close where I can just drop him off and forget about him.

     "If it isn't too much, could you bring me to the ceremony?" He asked.

     "Of course, sir." I replied instantly.

     I took the handles of the chair, pushing him forward and out the door. I walked as briskly as I could, just itching to get there fast and be able to sit down. My feet felt like a thousand pounds each. He helped me direct the way to the courtyard. It was golden hour, casting a beautiful glow on the courtyard and all of the pack members who were gathered in a big blob.

     "Where would you like to sit, sir?" I whisper, even though it was quite loud as everyone was talking.

     "Over near the front, please. And it's Jack." He replied.

     I was relieved to finally have a name. Having a name meant I didn't have to call him sir anymore. I ushered him to the location he wanted, weaving through everyone. Someone stepped on my bare foot making me wince in pain.

     I didn't realize I had jerked the wheelchair on accident until he groaned in pain. I immediately felt like a total idiot, "Oh, I'm so sorry Jack! Somebody stepped on my foot, and I- Goddess, I'm so sorry."

     I came around and checked his wounds, making sure no stitches had opened up. His one good eye scanned over me, "You look like shit."

     I paused from checking his stitches, immediately feeling a weight drop in my stomach. "I'm sorry for looking so bad, Jack. I'll be out of your way soon." I murmured.

     He seemed shocked by my words, "I didn't mean it like that, I swear. I meant you look sick. You're really pale, and your knees are still shaking, and you're not even carrying my weight right now."

     I looked down and noticed my legs were trembling. "Ill be fine, I'll just catch up on sleep tonight." That was a lie. I still had the medical wing and the porch to clean up.

     I left no room for him to say anything else as I went back behind him and pushed him the rest of the way to the front of the pack. I rolled him up to the side where he would have a full view of the ceremony. "Do you need anything else?"

     "All I need is your name, so then I can make sure to remember you." He said with a small smile. "You've been very nice to me, and I think you'd be a friend I'd want to have."

     I felt a small smile spread on my face, "Calla."

     "Thank you, again, Calla." With that he turned and started talking to another pack member.

     I turned around and scanned the crowd, hoping to see Percyus to apologize for earlier. If I hadn't jumped into that fight, he wouldn't have had to kill that man. I felt horrible for it.

     "Calla?" A voice asked.

     I turned to see Lorenzo standing there. A smile lit up my face, as I hadn't seen him in a while. He rushed forward and swooped me into a hug. I let my hands remain at my sides, knowing better since last time. He seemed to notice, but brushed it off.

     He let go of me and held me at arms length, "How are you holding up? I heard what happened."

     "I'm fine." I said, even though I felt like crap.

     "I just wanted to warn you, Percyus isn't in the best of mind right now. Having to kill him was really hard, and it hurt him to do. So just be careful around him, he's pretty fragile."

     I nodded, "Okay, I will."

     "Are you staying for the ceremony? We already buried him so now we celebrate."

     "Celebrate?" I ask, confused as to why you'd celebrate someone dying.

     "We celebrate their accomplishments and bravery."  He explained.

     I didn't want to celebrate. I didn't want to be any part of whatever this was. I just spent the last hour trying to fix what he had done to that man. The selfish part in me said that he didn't deserve my respect, but I knew I had no right to think like that, so I pushed it down.

     "Lorenzo, I'm really tired, so I think I'm going to head to bed." I said truthfully, a yawn trying to push its way up.

     "Alright, I'll tell Percy. Get some rest." He squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

     I nodded and turned back, making my way back to the pack house, weaving my way in and out of the crowds. Fatigue hit my body like a freight train and for a moment, I thought I wouldn't make it, but I pushed forward, knowing I wasn't that pathetic.

     I trudged up the stairs and into Percyus and I's adjoining rooms. He had put some of his smaller clothes in the dresser for me, pajamas in the top, shirts in the middle, pants on the bottom. Of course my undergarments were safely tucked in another drawer in the corner of the room, away from all eyes.

     I changed into a sweatshirt that smelled just like vanilla and mahogany, a comforting, yet guilt ensuing smell. I pushed all thoughts to see corner in my brain, thinking by some grace they would just disappear forever. I slipped on a pair of lady shorts that a girl had lent me through Percyus.

     With that I flicked off the lights, left the door slightly ajar, and crawled under the covers. The second my head touched the pillow, I started slipping away.

~~~

Thank you for reading!

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 49.6K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...
913 15 21
A piercing scream left her dried lips as another slash whipped her bare back. A crimson color liquid poured down each slash onto the marble floor. My...
27.8M 917K 89
#1 werewolf #1 teenfiction "That night meant nothing to me Olivia." "You were just like another girl to me." He smirked, "and you KNOW how I do girls...