Pretty Boy || Niall Horan

JeanChanty tarafından

It was junior year and Ashley Johnson was moving to London. She was used to being the new girl since she move... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two || (1/2)
Chapter Twenty-Two || (2/2)
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter Twenty-One

1.9K 45 88
JeanChanty tarafından

Ashley

"Yes! Come to mine and Ally's quick!" Emily cheers.

"I don't know if I ca-" My phone beeped, indicating that she hung up.

Visit my father and comfort my mother or find my missing friend?

Shit.

I open the door and found dad asleep on the hospital bed. He was extremely pale white, as if all the color has been drained from him and there was a bandage around his head. Mum sat on a chair next to him, holding his hand and rubbing circles onto the back of it and whispering things that were barely audible.

This hurts way too much.

"Nate." I say quietly to Nathaniel.

"What?" He asks, turning to me.

"They found Venus." I say.

"Shit, we have to go meet with the gang." Nathaniel says quickly.

"I agree, but-" I didn't even finish my sentence, gesturing to dad and mum.

"They'll be fine. Dad is alive and mum is okay now, that's all that matters. We can leave and come back." Nathaniel says.

"Fine." I sigh before exiting the room. I felt really bad, but this was also important.

We took a cab to Ally's and Emily's where we found the gang huddle up on a computer. There was also somebody here that we didn't usually hang out with. I couldn't really put my finger what his name is but he had brunette hair and green eyes.

"Who's this guy." Nathaniel asks openly, pointing at the unrecognizable boy.

"I'm Daniel, I helped you guys find Venus." He said plainly, shrugging.

Dean had a permanent frown on his lips and had the meanest glare set on Daniel. I assumed Dean wasn't too fond of Daniel due to a bad past.

"How?!" I exclaimed. It almost seemed impossible.

"Simple, I asked the police." Daniel says nonchalantly.

"We all tried that and they didn't let us, why did they let you, out of all the people, know?" Nathaniel asks, also glaring at Daniel.

"Venus didn't put me in the list that was banned from knowing her location." Daniel says, shrugging. "Hate me cause you ain't me."

"Well, where is she?" I ask.

"Buffalo, Missouri. The United States of America." Ally says, sighing.

"My dad will pay for five people to fly there." Emily says. "And one of them has to be me and Dean."

"I'll go." Harry says. Dean scowls at Harry and Harry just smirked.

"I'll come with, too." I say.

"I'm coming, too, if you're coming, Ash." Nathaniel says.

"It's settled, we're flying in midnight and it's a round trip. We'll be missing school for a couple days." Emily says.

"Fine with me." Dean says.

"Can talk my mum out." I say, shooting Nathaniel a look and he sighed. I always use Nathaniel when it comes to cover up.

Emily nods and takes her phone out, calling her dad and walking away. Nathaniel and I went back to our house to start packing.

"This is a bad idea." I mutter as we walked up the stairs. "Dad is in the hospital and mum's going to need us."

"Calm down, it's just quick trip. We'll be back in no time." Nathaniel says.

"How about you stay to comfort mum and look after our siblings?" I ask.

"No way in Hell am I going to let you by yourself out in America." He says, snorting.

"Why not?" I ask.

"You're not exactly the most responsible person." He says before closing the door to his room.

I roll my eyes and walk into my room, packing my own bags.

Today has just been awful. My dad is in the hospital, I'm confused about Zayn and Niall, my lost friend has been found. Oh! And on top of that I don't even know why my own father is in a God damn hospital bed. Safe to say I'm a horrible daughter.

I finish packing and I sling my backpack over my shoulder and walked downstairs, sitting next to Nathaniel who was blankly staring at the TV screen that was showing a random show.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbles.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Bullshit." I snort. "What's wrong?"

"People have been telling me that Ally and Daniel are dating." He mumbles under his breath.

"Holy shit, are they really?" I gasp.

"I don't know, I haven't asked Ally yet." He sighs, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

I follow him and watch him look through the fridge.

"I'm sure it's a misunderstanding, Ally doesn't seem like the kind of person to lead people on and just get a different boyfriend." I say.

"Whatever, can you cook something?" He asks, turning to me with pleading eyes.

I roll my eyes. "Go make something in the microwave."

It wasn't long until Emily called us and told us to meet them in the airport. Nathaniel and I left a note on the kitchen and took a cab to the airport. We were both quiet until the cab stopped at the airport. I quickly handed the driver the money and met up with Emily and Dean.

"Here's your tickets." Emily says, handing us mine and Nathaniel's ticket. "We're just waiting for Harry who's taking his sweet time to get to the airport."

"I told you not to bring Harry." Dean says sternly.

"Shut up, you're annoying." Emily says, rolling her eyes.

We all just awkwardly stood there, playing on our phones until Harry got here.

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late. There was traffic and stuff." Harry mumbled. Harry's eyes were a little bit red and his hair messily sat on his head. He looked as if he was just sleeping before.

"Yeah, right." Emily says, slamming his ticket on his chest and grabbing him by the sleeve and yanking him further into the airport.

I chuckle and Dean laughed at Harry's complaints about being dragged into the security check. It was a big bundle of baggage claim, passports, and ID. It was quite boring so I'm not going to go on much detail about that.

We soon boarded the plane. and we all sat at the very back since we bought our tickets last minute.

I plugged in my earphones and leaned on Nathaniel's shoulder, my eyes shutting close and I drifted off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My eyes shot open as my ear popped and my stomach rose up to my throat. I started to breathe hard, are we crashing?

"We're landing." Harry mumbles from right next to me.

I sighed in relief. We soon landed and got our bags, hopping into a cab. Emily told the taxi driver where to go. The taxi driver seemed pretty young and he seemed to be eyeing Emily. Emily just squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

Emily was seated in the passenger seat and the boys and I were crammed in the back. We convinced the taxi driver to let Harry in since we were going over the seat limit. The taxi driver would not stop checking Emily out and I was kind of getting tired of it.

I leaned forward until I was near the taxi drivers ear. "She's gay." I whisper.

His eyes widen and he blushes. Emily shots me a weird glance and I just shrugged. The whole ride was quiet. We soon reached a nice neighborhood and we got dropped off in front of a house.

"I think this is the place." Emily says, looking up from her phone.

We walk over to the front door and ring the doorbell. A couple second a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes answered the door. She had glasses on and was around Emily's height.

"Um, who are you?" The girl asks. I caught her checking out Harry for a second.

"Hey, sorry, we're looking for a Ve-" Nathaniel starts.

"Audrey, have you seen my Five Finger Death Punch t-shirt? I can't find it." A voice from the inside called out. It sounded a a lot like..

"Venus?!" Dean exclaims as she came into view.

She was wearing a pair of shorts with tights underneath and she had no top on, exposing her bra and cleavage. Venus had her whole hair dyed black instead of having it red and black and her snakebites were nowhere to be seen. I glanced at the boys and scoffed, Nathaniel looked away while Dean and Harry continued staring. Emily just frowned and sighed.

"Holy shit!" Venus shouts, wrapping her arms around her bare torso. "Audrey, close the bloody door!"

The girl who answered the door who's name seemed to be Audrey tried to close the door but Harry held it open. Dean took the chance and ran inside, wrapping his arms around Venus and hugging her tightly.

"You're choking me." Venus gasped out.

"Erm, Venus, who are these people?" Audrey asked. She had a little bit of a southern accent. Just a tiny bit.

"My friends from London." Venus squeaked out, struggling to push Dean off of her. "Jesus Christ, at least let me put a fucking shirt on!"

"Why does it matter?" Dean mumbles into her hair. "It's not like I've never see-"

"LET ME PUT ON A SHIRT!" Venus exclaims, cutting him off. Dean chuckles and pulls back, giving her a quick peck. I smile, they're cute.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" Audrey gasps.

"Well, now you know. Now, get him off of me!" Venus commands. She was blushing like crazy and it was quite funny.

Venus managed to pry Dean off of her and bolted up the stairs, slamming a door and locking it.

"How are we sure she's going to leave that room?" I ask.

"Don't worry," Audrey says, holding up a key. "She will."

We all walked to the living room and Audrey just played on her phone. We were soon joined by Venus, she sat next to Dean and he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Mind explaining why you left out of the bloom?!" Emily snaps. "We were worried out of our minds!"

"I left a note that says I'm perfectly fine." Venus sighs.

"Dean was so out of character without you." Nathaniel says, shaking his head.

"Why the hell is he here?" Venus asks, pointing at Harry who was sneering at Dean.

"He wanted to come." Emily says, nodding.

"Ew, why?" Venus asks, looking utterly disgusted by Harry.

"I still like you, Venus." Harry says, chuckling. I saw Dean frown and pull Venus closer to him.

"Oh!" Audrey cheers, clapping. "Love triangles! I love me some love triangles!"

"Shut up, Audrey." Venus says, snorting.

We're going nowhere with this and it's really getting me mad. Venus needs to cut her sass, Dean needs to stop being jealous, Harry needs to stop being a dick, and Audrey needs to stop being overly joyful. Everybody is just pissing me off right now. It's like they're 2nd graders!

"Okay, enough arguing." I snap. "You guys are getting annoying, acting like you guys aren't seventeen-year-olds. Cut the immaturity or else I'll put you in a playhouse filled with princesses and teddy bears. We are not going to go anywhere if you guys keep acting like you're five, cut it out."

"Excuse me, but you were the ones who appeared at my door step and I told you guys to don't come try to find me so you guys are the annoying ones." Venus shots back.

"You left out of the bloom how do you expect us to react?!" Emily asks. "You left us with so many questions! Why did you leave? Where did you go? Did we do something wrong? Did she not like us? Is she avoiding us? Is she breaking up with Dean? Are we ever going to talk to her again? Is she just going to move on from us after all the years of being friends?"

Venus lip quivers and her breathing changed a little bit. She blinks back tears and lets out a shaky breath.

"I-I didn't want to leave in the first place." Venus says quietly.

"Then why did you?" I ask.

A tear streams down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away.

"Guys, stop pressuring her." Audrey says. "She's been having a rough time. Give her some space."

"I'm fine." Venus murmurs. "I'm just tired, I hadn't slept. I'll talk to you guys when I wake up."

Venus gets up and walks away with Dean tagging a long.

"She sleeps until around four in the after noon so get comfortable." Audrey says, walking into the kitchen.

"Won't be a problem."

__________________________

Nathaniel

"I'm hungry." Harry grumbles as he looks up from his phone. It was 2 PM and despite the flight, we were wide awake.

"I'll order some pizza." Audrey says, taking her phone out.

"Can it be meat lovers stuffed crust from Pizza Hut?" Emily begs. "That's the only one I eat besides just plain cheese pizza."

"Meat lovers stuffed crust from Pizza Hut?" Audrey asks, turning to Emily. "Are you like, a ginger version of Venus? Venus loves that shit." She giggles and starts dialing some numbers.

"Well, we refer to each other as twins a lot. So, yeah. And she was the one who got me into meat lovers stuffed crust." Emily says, chuckling.

"Nate." Ashley says, poking my cheek.

"What?" I ask, turning to Ashley.

"Ask Emily." She said plainly.

"Ask her what?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Ashley mouthed 'Ally' and I frown.

"What? No!" I exclaim. Is she daft?

"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND WHOM I LOVE VERY MUCH PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE NOT INTENDING TO ASK ME OUT!" Emily screams.

"Who doesn't have a boyfriend?" I hear Audrey say under her breath.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Harry answers Audrey's question, causing her to giggle.

"I'm not going to ask you out!" I shout, ignoring Audrey and Harry.

"Then what did you need to ask?" Emily asks, turning to me.

"It's nothing." I say, going back to playing on my phone.

"He wanted to know if Ally had a boyfriend." Ashley says.

My eyes widen and I shot Ashley a glare. Emily bursted out in giggles and smiles.

"She's perfectly single, make a move, Nate." Emily says, smiling.

"Yeah, wel-" I get caught off by a blood-curling scream coming from upstairs.

Audrey jumped out of the couch and ran up the stairs. She did it so quickly I felt like this wasn't that first time. We follow Audrey closely and she throws open the door to a room I didn't know of. Venus and Dean sat on a bed, her head buried in Dean's chest. Venus was shaking and Dean looked worried.

"Nightmare?" Audrey asks, in a tone that said 'again?'

Venus pulls away from Dean and sigh, running a hand through her hair. She just nods, jumping out of bed.

"I'm hungry." She said plainly, as if she didn't just scream like she was getting murdered.

"Well, I just ordered some meat lovers stuffed crust and a cheese pizza from Pizza Hut." Audrey says.

"Thanks, I'll be down in a minute. I need to do something really quick." Venus says, opening a door in her room and walking inside it.

We all went down the stairs and sat in front of the TV which was showing The Walking Dead.

"Sorry 'bout that. Venus tends to have nightmares." Audrey says.

"Oh, I know." Dean says. "I'd wake up to sobs some nights and the bed would be shaking. I'd look over and Venus is curled up in a ball."

"Some nights, I just have to lay beside her and cuddle her until she falls back asleep, even then she won't let go of me in her sleep and I'd be forced to fall asleep next to her." Audrey says, giggling. "Not that I mind or anything cause I really don't. She gives great cuddles."

"Tell me about it." Dean laughs.

"A seventeen-year-old girl who always acts tougher than she actually is have nightmares?" Harry wonders aloud.

"Are you trying to say I'm a pussy?" Venus asks, walking into the living room in a tank top and denim jeans, along with her 5 billion bracelets she seemed to wear a lot. "And it's not six-year-old-monster-under-my-bed nightmares. So, excuse you, Harold."

"What are they about?" Ashley asks.

"They're about everything going wrong, they're about my irrational fears, they're about dying, they're about a lot of things I really wish I don't dream about." Venus answers, sighing and taking a seat next to Audrey who was typing some stuff up on her laptop.

"Like what? Your OTP breaking up?" Emily asks sarcastically.

"Haha, very funny." Venus rolls her eyes.

"Yes, I'm very funny." Emily jokes, acting smug.

"Not when you get brutally murdered with a pocket knife right in front of my eyes." Venus says bluntly, adjusting her bracelets.

"Wait, what?!" Emily exclaims.

"Sometimes my nightmares include murder. People that I love and everything." Venus nods. "Or sometimes it's about my abandonment issues and fear of rejection. Like, people leaving me and stuff."

"But, you're the one who left us." Dean says, frowning.

"I had no choice." Venus sighs.

"What do you mean?" Ashley asks.

"The reason why I left was mainly because of my dad. He wanted me to move to America because he lives at New York and London was too far. He didn't specifically say that I have to live with him so I live with Audrey." Venus nods.

"That's not the only thing, I can tell." I say, propping my elbows on my knees and leaning my face down onto my hands. "You're hiding something."

Venus sighs and laughs. "My dad doesn't really like my 'life choices' and stuff. He forced me to get my snake bites off and to turn my hair all black again. He made me throw away the majority of of my not-so-very-good-girl clothes."

"Like?" Harry asks.

"My band shirts, muscle tops, ripped black skinny jeans, you know." Venus shrugs.

"Why did you leave without warning?" Dean asks.

"I didn't want you guys to get mad so I just left." Venus said bluntly, gnawing on her lip.

"You got us so worried!" Ashley snaps.

"I'm sorry! Like I said, I told you guys clearly that I was perfectly fine in the note I left!" Venus exclaims. "Stop giving me shit!"

Venus sits up and starts to stomp over to the front door. We all sigh and follow her, Venus opens the door and squealed as she noticed a guy with blue eyes and brunette hair standing in front of the door. He was holding the pizza in his hands and he bursts out in laughter at Venus.

"Fucking startled me!" Venus shouts, smacking the boy's arm.

"Hi Blake!" Audrey cheers, running over to Venus' side.

"Hey, I heard you wanted some pizza." The boy, who's name seemed to be Blake, hands them the boxes.

"Thanks." Audrey says, handing him some cash and taking the boxes. She then runs back to the kitchen.

"So, are we still going to the movies?" Blake asks.

"Oh, yeah. Of course!" Venus says, grinning.

"Pick you up at eleven?" Blake asks. I saw Dean stiffen up and frown.

"Why so late?" Venus asks.

"Because going to the movies really late is always fun. There's basically nobody in the theaters." He answers, a little smirk threatening to form on his lips.

"That is true." Venus nods.

"Who are these people." He asks, gesturing to us. We were just standing about two yards away from them.

"Oh, they're my friends from London." Venus says.

"Oh, hey, I'm Blake. Venus' best friend and pizza delivery guy." He says, putting a lot of enthusiasm when he said 'best friend'

"I'm Emily." Emily nods. "You're cute and all but excuse you, how dare you call my best friend your best friend." Emily's eyes widen as she realized she just blurted it out.

"I was just joking when I said best friend." Blake says, chuckling. "And thanks, I guess."

"I-I didn't mean to say you're cute I-" Emily stutters.

"I'm telling Louis!" Ashley exclaims.

"What? No!" Emily exclaims.

"I'm joking." Ashley says, sticking her tongue out at Emily.

"Well, um, this is Ashley." Venus says, point at Ashley and she waves at Blake. "And that one is Nathaniel, Ashley's twin brother."

"Hello." I say, waving.

"Nobody." Venus says, pointing at Harry.

"Hey!" Harry protests.

"And this is De-" Venus starts but she gets caught off by Dean.

"Hi, I'm her boyfriend." Dean says, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Dean." Venus continues, shooting him a glare.

"Well, I have to go. Bye Ve." Blake says and turns around, walking off the porch.

Venus wiggles out of Dean's grip and ran out of the house, slamming the door shut.

"Blake! Wait up!" I hear Venus shout.

"Don't worry." Audrey says, appearing out of nowhere with pizza in her hands. "She obviously doesn't like him more than a friend. Every girl needs a guy friend and when she met Blake they instantly, I don't know, clicked? I don't know. I'm weird. What my point is, suck it up, Dean."

"Amen!" Emily shouts. Causing me to chuckle and Ashley to burst out in giggles.

Dean gritted his teeth and ran up the stairs to Venus room, slamming the door shut.

"I made him mad, oops?" Audrey says.

"Don't worry, he'll get over it." Emily says. "I just want pizza right now."

__________________________

Ashley

We all just settled around the kitchen and started eating pizza. Not uttering a word to each other. Audrey picked up her laptop and starts typing really loudly and really fast.

Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick - Tick

The clicking of the keyboard echoed throughout the quiet room.

It starts raining and I frown. Right when I thought I was away from the mocking rain, it continues to follow me 2,962 miles away.

Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter - Pitter - Patter

I sigh loudly and take out my phone, scrolling through the text messages I got before the plane took off. Several of them was from my mum and I had no heart to read them. I hope my younger siblings are going to be nice to her for the mean time that Nathaniel and I are gone.

"So, you're Venus' British friends?" Audrey asks, looking up from her laptop. What was that question suppose to mean?

"Yeah?" Harry answers, but it came out more like question.

"She's told me lots about you guys. Basically everything, honestly." Audrey says, smiling.

"Proof!" Emily exclaims, obviously trying to be funny but failing epically.

"Have you forgiven Louis for kissing Eleanor?" Audrey asks Emily, a smirk on her lips.

Emily's eyes widen and then looked away. "God damn it, Venus!" She shouts, her fist up in the air

"What else do you know?" Nathaniel asks.

"I know you have a thing for that Allison girl." Audrey nods at Nathaniel who laughs and smiles.

"Yeah. But I think some other guy has his eyes on her, not that I would let that happen or anything." Nathaniel says, a smug grin on his lips.

"Who?" Dean asks, appearing in the kitchen and picking up a slice of pizza and biting off of it.

"Daniel." Nathaniel says, a sneer appearing on his lips.

"How much do I have to say that they don't have anything going on?" Emily asks, sighing in frustration. I feel you, Em.

"I hate Daniel." Dean says sternly, ignoring Emily.

"Tell me about it." Nathaniel says, laughing. "He stole my girl."

"Welcome to the club." Dean says, chuckling.

"Both of you are dumb if you think Daniel is taking Venus and Ally from you guys. Or you guys are just pathetic and can't keep a girl?" Emily asks, smirking.

"Jesus, sassy." Audrey says, giggling.

"Venus taught me a few things." Emily says, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Speaking of Venus, does anybody know how long she'll be out?" Dean asks.

"She probably ran off to Pizza Hut with Blake, sometimes Venus comes with him to deliver pizza's or she helps out at taking orders. And she'll probably stay with him until after the movie, she might even sleepover at Blake's." Audrey informs.

"Sleepover at Blake's?!" Dean exclaims.

"Calm down, they don't do anything." Audrey rolls her eyes. "What is up with this weird love.. box?"

"Love what?" Harry asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"There's like four boys after Venus, a love box." Audrey shrugs. "I mean I'm not saying Blake is going after Venus but that's what you guys think."

"And Daniel isn't going after Venus." I say, nodding.

"Yes, he is!" Harry and Dean say in unison.

These boys, I swear.

__________________________

Author's Note[7/26/14]: SORRY I TOOK 5 BILLION YEARS TO UPDATE AND THAT THIS IS SUCH A HORRIBLE CHAPTER IM SOOOOOOO SORRY. UGH I HATE MYSELF.

I'VE JUST BEEN BUSY WITH A LOT OF THINGS BUT YEAH I'M SORRY I'LL TRY TO UPDATE FASTER.

Happy four years of One Direction,

Jean Chanty xx

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

704K 30.2K 39
[completed] "Please don't say anything." "Lou-" "Don't fucking speak," I snarled, my breath hitting the skin on his neck that I was glaring into. I t...
7K 78 26
Just a normal girl who lives in London with her friends. She is a very good student that is given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that changed...
818 22 18
Liam was on his way home from work when he met an unfamiliar Irish boy who was new to London. Liam didn't like meeting new people but... Niall was di...
26.4K 555 36
"So. Do you want to be my girlfriend?", he said. That was the moment, everything in my life was about to change. From unknown people, to friendship...