Always (Harry Potter And Seve...

By rdcastillo24

Ever since the day, he stood as a father- figure and guardian to Harry Potter after Voldemort murdered James... More

The Cast
Chapter Two: Ten Years Later...
Chapter Three: Past Mistakes
Chapter Four: Explanations
Chapter Five: Diagon Alley
Chapter Six: Train To Hogwarts
Chapter Seven: Sorting Hat
Chapter Eight: The First Day of Classes
Chapter Nine: Come With Me
Chapter Ten: My Scar Hurts!
Chapter Eleven: Destined To Fly
Chapter Twelve: Quidditch
Chapter Thirteen: New Magical Teachers
Chapter Fourteen: Charlie Weasley
Chapter Fifteen: Flaws and Doubts
Chapter Sixteen: Nimbus 2000
Chapter Seventeen: Practice Match: Mahoutokoro Vs. Slytherin Team (Part 1)
Chapter Eighteen: Practice Match: Mahoutokoro Vs. Slytherin Team (Part 2)
Chapter Nineteen: Malfoy's Innocence
Chapter Twenty: The Three-Headed Dog
Chapter Twenty-One: Ravenclaw Vs Gryffindor
Chapter Twenty-Two: Down The Hall
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Return of Sirius Black
Chapter Twenty-Four: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Five: Slytherin Vs Ravenclaw
Chapter Twenty-Six: Snape's Worries
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Unicorn's Blood
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Shadows
Chapter Twenty Nine: Sacrifices
Chapter Thirty: The Philosopher's Stone
Chapter Thirty-One: Back To Hospital Wing
Chapter Thirty-Two: Goodbye Feast
Thirty-Three: The Train Home
Thirty Four: Back Home
Thirty Five: To The Next Year!

Chapter One: Lily's Sacrifice

6K 263 245
By rdcastillo24

A/n: I hope you like this book! This is my first Harry Potter Book! I hope you like it!

A one-year-old Harry Potter was crying terribly in his crib in front of Lily Potter who was already dead and gone after Voldemort released a spell on his wand that easily killed her while protecting the young boy she gave birth to.

'AVADAKEDAVRA!!!!'

Voldemort's spell on Harry backfired and instead, hit him when he tried to murder the boy prophesied to stop him from all of his plans resulting in him losing his physical body after he tried killing him. Baby Harry kept calling his mother several times that night but she does not respond anymore. He was only a year old and it was already a memory he won't ever forget.

A disheveled Severus Snape entered the Potter's cottage the next day in Godric's Hollow. Soon enough, he came to a halt and his legs were frozen in shock when he saw James Potter dead in front of the house. It sent chills running down his spine as he feared for the safety of the woman he loved most. Moments later, he ran to look for Lily Potter but he found her lying down with no life anymore in front of Harry's crib. At the same time, Lily's son was distraught and traumatized after he saw his mother pass away. "Lily! Lily! Wake up! Lily!"

"Mama... mama... Mama," Harry called out with tears falling down his eyes. "MAMA!!!"

The baby's cries shook Severus to the core since the boy had lost both of his parents. He took Harry from his crib to calm him down and hugged the young boy. 

Harry's small hands held onto the black robes of Severus Snape and wailed more when he felt that the man wasn't even his mother or father. He tried to leave the man's hold but he couldn't. He was only able to calm down when the man cooed to him and took him to fall asleep. 

Albus Dumbledore and Minerva, two professors from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, entered the destroyed house of the Potters where they found James and Lily, dead inside the house. It was also a surprise for them when they saw Snape. "I can't believe I found you in here first."

"You do know that I am already working as a spy for you," he said as he handed Harry to Dumbledore. "I may once be a Death Eater before but I will work for you to protect Lily's son. One day, I want out as a Death Eater."

"Then, I know who should act as his guardian." He handed Harry back to him. "I know that Lily had placed a powerful charm on her son and it would still need to be done."

Minerva was deeply surprised by Dumbledore's decision. "Are you sure that Severus can take care of the boy, Headmaster?"

"Voldemort is now dead and gone but he will return. Someone has to train the boy to control his magical instincts," Dumbledore told them. "If I take him in his muggle relatives, they won't be able to give him the right care and love. I have found out from my sources that Vernon Dursley isn't fit to be Harry's guardian but Petunia is fine with it. I'm sure she will keep him safe. She wanted to at least help her sister hide but she doesn't have any resources for it. Now, there's one way she can help. Her relationship with Harry will help a lot. I am sure that Severus can give necessary parenting to him."

Severus cannot believe what he heard from the headmaster as he held Harry. "I'll do my best to be a loving father to Lily's son. For him, I'll forget whatever James did to me in the past. I'll try to swallow my pride for him."

...

At the funeral of James Potter and Lily Potter in a different cottage in Godric's Hollow, a lot of their friends, staff of Hogwarts, and the Order of the Phoenix paid their last respects to the two wizards. Petunia also arrived but even if she wanted to get inside the house, she doesn't want to as she doesn't want to be seen inside. She had been angry with her sister throughout their childhood for having magic while she's a normal muggle who fell in love with a 'pig'. She was alone, staring at the house when Snape spotted her while he was holding a sleeping Baby Harry close to him. "I think I've seen you somewhere. Who are you?"

"I called you and my sister 'freaks' before," she told him. "I can't believe you will forget me that easily."

"Can't believe that you are Lily's sister!" he screamed. "Why don't you get in the house and see your sister for the last time?"

 "I can't. It was already an honor that Dumbledore took me here."

At that moment, she noticed Harry who was in his arms, thumbsucking while sleeping. "Is that Lily's son? May I hold him?"

Severus Snape handed him to her. "Take care of him for a while."

"Mama?" Harry cried bitterly when he felt that the woman wasn't still his mother. "Mama!!!! Mama!"

Petunia pitied the boy. She couldn't believe that such a young boy would lose both parents immediately. "Who killed his parents?"

"Forgive me but a Muggle like you cannot know," he answered her. He took Harry back from her immediately so they could get in the house before the boy cries again.

"I'm Lily's sister! Can't I take the boy home? I'm only his living relative!" she spoke up. "We can take care of him!"

"I cannot let you take the boy!" Snape sneered."As far as I know, your husband hates magic! He will only be abused in your house!"

Petunia couldn't believe it. "Let me hug the boy!"

Baby Harry began tearing up because of their argument. "Mama! Papa!!!"

Severus immediately cooed to the boy and calmed him. They immediately went back to the cottage after that.

Ten days after James and Lily were buried in Godric's Hollow, Severus Snape took Harry into a new home in London, England. Also, the destroyed home of the Potters was soon hidden from the Muggle eyes. Dumbledore smiled happily that Severus chose to take care of Harry until the prophecy comes to suffice. As Harry began to sleep inside his crib in his room in Snape's house, he reminded him, "I hope the boy would be able to know the truth soon. I'm sure the truth will hurt him. For now, he will eventually forget about his parents. You have to stand as a father to him."

Dumbledore put a lot of protective spells on Harry and Severus at that time and even around the house. He knows that if the Death Eaters learn that he's taking care of him, they will do their best to kill the baby. As he kept swishing his wand and after he placed protective spells, the two men pitied the boy more when they became aware of what was left on the boy's forehead- a lightning bolt scar. After he finished giving it, once again, he reminded him, "Love him. I know that you might remember James when you look at him but whenever you look at his eyes, I hope you remember that he is Lily's son. She sacrificed her life for him."

Severus joined him as Dumbledore leave the two-story house. The headmaster has given it to him and is near the Dursleys. Dumbledore took a magical lighter. Using it, he took off all of the lights of the village first that night to hide. After all of the lights were off, Dumbledore swished his wand and put the strongest protective spell in the house.

"Goodbye Severus!" he told him. "Take good care of Harry!"

A/n: So, this is my first attempt at creating a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I hope you like this book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 520 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...
471K 10.6K 38
Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of a dark wizard and 2) her mother's husban...
539 6 33
Severus loves Lilly, Raven loves James. The marauders friended Raven, Lilly friended Severus. The Potters death took its toll on Raven and Severus...
185K 2.9K 37
What if James and Lily Potter came back alive? What if Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Fred Weasley returned? What if there was a prophecy made that if...