Stole My Heart (Editing)

By aarti_athavle

Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30 - Epilogue

14.1K 446 114
By aarti_athavle

Five years later.

We were driving down home for Christmas. I had asked Noah to arrange for us to fly here but he had insisted on driving as it is more romantic. The last five years have been nothing but magical for me. Who knew Noah could be the best boyfriend in the world. Like all the couples we had our share of fights but nothing too serious ever happened. I was mad at him for transferring to NYU so he could be with me and we didn’t have to be in different states. It was his dream college but he convinced me that it is not more important than me, how could I say no?

I looked at him. He was looking ahead watching the road his one hand was on the steering and the other one intertwined with mine. He looked at me and smiled happily. How did I get so lucky? I love him even more than I did now. It was his idea to spend the Christmas with our parents this year. His mom and Peter were coming too for dinner today but it was at Noah’s house.

“How long?” I asked excitedly. It had been two years since I had come here last. Noah and I both had got jobs in New York and have been living happily for past few years.

“Just another hour or so.” He said smiling. I frowned. Another hour? It feels like we have been on road for days. I am so tired already.

“Why don’t you take a nap? I will wake you up when we reach.” He suggested. I nodded and rested my head on the seat and closed my eyes.

I heard someone calling me, it has to be Noah. He stroked my cheek lovingly and kissed my forehead. I opened my eyes to see his face inches away from mine. “Wake up sleepy head, we are here.” He said softly.

I nodded and opened the door and stepped out. Damn, it is so cold. Noah wrapped a jacket around me from behind. He is so adorable. I ran a hand through my hair trying to even it out and straightened my shirt as well. “What you doing?” Noah asked curiously.

I shrugged. “Making myself look presentable. It was not such a good idea to sleep in the car after all.” I said.

“You look beautiful.” He said taking my hand and kissing it. I blushed and let him lead me inside the house.

We entered and my parents came running and pulled me into a tight hug. “Can’t breathe.” I said and they stepped behind.

They gave a hug to Noah and the he left. He had to get some stuff ready for the dinner apparently. He was slightly upset that his dad cancelled last minute due to some work. I spend some time with my parents. I missed them so much, we talk on the phone almost every day but it’s not the same. I got up around five and decided to get ready.

“Wait a minute.” My mom said and went to their bedroom. What is she doing? I looked at dad but he just smiled at me excitedly. Ok, that’s weird.

My mom came back grinning like a small kid and handed me two boxes, one small and one big. “Open it.” My dad said.

My Christmas present, today itself? Wow, I am so excited. I opened the big box and gasped. I picked up the gorgeous purple dress. It was so beautiful; it must have cost them a fortune. “It’s so beautiful, I love it.” I said. It was fairly short, had a bow around the waist and was strapless.

“Open the other one.” My mom said. I tore my eyes away from the dress reluctantly and opened the small box. It was a beautiful pair of purple stiletto heels, they so cute. I squealed in excitement and hugged both of them happily.

“Wear this tonight.” My dad suggested. It is not a bad idea but I think I will wear this tomorrow for Christmas.

I shook my head. “I will wear it tomorrow.” I said keeping the dress and shoes back in the respective boxes carefully.

“Wear it tonight. Noah’s mom will be there. Wear it.” My mom said. Ok, if they want me to I will wear it today itself then.

I nodded and ran up to my room. I took a shower and washed my hair. I came out and slipped the dress on. I dried my hair adding a few loose curls. I applied some lip gloss and wore my shoes. I stood in front of the mirror to see if I looked ok. Noah’s going to flip when he sees me today. I grabbed a small clutch and went downstairs excitedly.

We made our way to Noah’s house. Olivia opened the door and welcomed us in. “You look very nice. I love your dress.” She said.

I smiled. “Thanks, you look good too.” I said honestly. The green dress she was wearing was looking really nice on her.

I looked around the room. I saw Will, Rachel, Liam and Amber. I didn’t know they were going to come. I have missed them so much, I went towards them excitedly. I threw my arms around Will and hugged him tightly and then the others.

“I have missed you guys.” I said honestly. We all are still in touch but don’t get a chance to meet each other.

“We’ve missed you too.” They all said together. I laughed and we started chatting easily. Rosie is in Hawaii with her boyfriend and Sarah in LA so they couldn’t come. This was Noah’s plan to call these guys to surprise me. By the way, where is he? I have been looking for him since I came here. I just want to see him, I am missing him. We saw each other only four hours ago but for the past five years we’ve hardly spent any time apart.

“So five years huh? How’s it been?” Will asked. I smiled happily. The last five years have been the best time of my life, where to begin?

“Amazing. I have had the time of my life. What about you?” I asked. He shrugged and then Rachel walked past us and Will looked at her, he is so checking her out.

I cleared my throat and Will looked at me smiling stupidly. “Ok, what’s going on?” I asked. I am getting confused.

“Baby, will you have a drink?” Rachel asked to Will. I looked at her curiously. “I mean Will. Slip of tongue, can happen.” She blurted out and emptied her glass.

She never called him baby before. Oh my God, these two are dating. Why didn’t they tell me? “Are you guys dating? Since when?” I asked excitedly.

Will took Rachel’s hand and pulled her closer to him. She was blushing ok that’s the first time. “We’ve been together for five months now.” He said kissing the side of her head. So cute. “Just don’t tell anyone. We are not ready.” Will added.

I nodded and hugged them both. I pulled Rachel aside and she started filling me in with the whole story. I listened to her but I kept looking around for Noah, where is he? He hasn’t even come down yet. I haven’t seen him since afternoon. He looked nervous about something in the morning when I asked he said it was nothing so I decided to let it go.

I excused myself and went to the kitchen where Olivia was chatting with my mom. “Have anyone of you seen Noah?” I asked looking around impatiently.

They shook their head and smiled at each other. Ok, again weird. Olivia excused herself and was talking to someone on the phone. “The lights in the backyard are not working. Do you mind checking it out?” Olivia asked.

I nodded and made my way outside. It is so dark I can’t see anything and it is cold. I rubbed my hands on my arms to keep myself warm. In such darkness what am I going to possibly be able to do? I walked a few steps ahead and suddenly hundreds of small lights were switched on. Near the swimming pool a tent had been put up which was decorated by red and white roses. Noah turned to face me and smiled. The whole backyard was covered in flower petals; there were candles and bouquets of roses everywhere.

Wow, this is so romantic, it’s so beautiful. I walked towards Noah grinning from ear to ear. He did all this for me? He is really the best boyfriend anyone could ever have. He never fails to surprise me, always lets me know how much I mean to him. I stood in front of him; he was looking so handsome in his suit. He smiled at me and took my hand.

His other hand was clenched in a fist, he was holding something. Suddenly he kneeled down on one knee and my breath caught in my throat. I wanted to scream yes before he even asked. “You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. I want to make you feel everything you make me feel. I love you so much more than you know. I want to make you happy, you mean the world to me, nothing is more important to me. I will always love you, will you marry me?” he asked holding out the ring in front of me.

He was still holding my hand. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. “Yes.” I croaked in a small voice and Noah visibly relaxed. He slid the ring on my finger, I looked at it and it was beautiful just the way I like but I couldn’t care less about it.

He bent forward and kissed me. His one hand tangled in my hair and other went around my waist pulling me closer to him. I kissed him back immediately tangling my hands in his hair, enjoying every moment. We both pulled away breathless, I looked into his eyes and could see my whole future in front of me with him by my side. What else could I possibly ask for?

“I love you, Rebecca.” He said resting his forehead on mine. I could feel the honesty in his words. I never thought I would hear him say this.

“I love you too, Noah.” I said. He smiled and kissed me again for a few seconds. He hugged me and lifted me off my feet moving me around in small circles.

He set me down but didn’t let go not that I am complaining. I feel like the happiest girl in the world to have Noah holding her like this. He stole my heart the moment I looked at him for the first time; I thought he was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. I don’t want this moment to end, not this soon, I want to it last so that I can be sure it’s not a dream. I rested my head on his chest and breathed him in; he rested his cheek on top of my head and sighed. This is just so perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------THE END-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, its finally over. Sorry took so long to upload, college work.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Vote and comment if you like.

Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478K 13.3K 95
Meet Sarah Reed, a seventeen year-old girl without a care in the world. Her life is what people would call average with a few ups and downs, overall...
860K 24.3K 30
"They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not...
524K 10.2K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...
578 5 6
Join this journey of two best friends - April and Rose, who start their friendship in a not-so-friendly manner. What happens when love takes a toll o...