Loving Blue

By chaddanya

Highest Ranks: #1 Lukanette / #1 Luka / #1 Adrian / #1 Miraculous / #20 Fanfiction - - - Marinette has caugh... More

Note from the Author (important)
attack of the squealing girls
how to flatter a guitar: a guide
a walk down memory sidewalk
broken love
running in the rain
storm and silence
man hunt
her name, is marinette
not all lost want to be found
more light and light; more dark and dark our woes
adrian and luka
goodbye is too good a word
author's note
golden boy
charming prince blue

the holding of a hand

11.6K 526 507
By chaddanya

[ Luka POV ]

Marinette was too busy staring off into the sky to notice Luka watching her.

Unbeknownst to her, she looks very pretty. Well, she's always looked pretty. But right now, in particular, she looks extraordinary. Her head is raised, the light brightening her skin and illuminating her eyes. Her lips are slightly parted in awe, and Luka finds himself unable to look away.

Suddenly, something takes over Luka. He feels as if a thin, heavy layer were laid on top of him, a ghost of some sort.

Before he can stop, Luka finds himself speaking.

"Marinette."

What is he doing?

Marinette looks down, her eyes focusing on his.

Luka then lifts his arm and points at Marinette's hand.

"That looks heavy. Let me hold it for you."

Luka doesn't know what to expect. Maybe a blush, a turn of her head. The lowering of her lashes.

Instead, Marinette slowly blinks, her mind furiously whirring in her head as she thinks of what he has just said. Then she slightly slightly frowns. Luka realizes she didn't get it.

"...that's...my hand." Marinette deadpans.

Was she just messing with him, or did she really not get that he wanted to hold her hand? He looks at her again.

She holds her hand to her chest, clearly waiting some sort of clarification from Luka.

Yea, she didn't. Well, what does he say now? Does he explain it to her? Should he just reach over and hold her hand?

But once Luka focuses on Marinette again, when he once again sees her confused eyes and little frown on her lips, he can't help but feel his heart swell. She is so innocent, so pure.

Sweet Marinette.

His funny girl.

He sighs, his eyes momentarily close as a soft smile emerges on him.

Then he reaches out to hold Marinette's delicate face in his own rough hand. He gently turns her around, their faces only inches apart. Being this close, Luka can now see the softness of her lips, the small freckles that sprinkle her nose, and the emotions displayed in the depth of Marinette's eyes. If anything, she looks brighter, more beautiful than before. Especially now that he's up close.

"You know something, Marinette?"

She looks up at him with wide eyes as red slowly tints her cheeks and nose in a soft blush. Luka's heart beats steadily despite his rising emotions. He isn't nervous, he's been wanting to say this for a while.

"You are an increadibly smart, kind, and funny girl- its just that..."Then, he does what he thought impossible for him to do. He leans in, his nose gently grazing against her's as he does, only coming to a stop when their lips are centimeters apart.

He whispers,"you're pretty bad at flirting."

There is a pause when none of them even dare to breath. They were so, so close, both moving millimeters towards each other.
They were going to kiss.

At the very last millisecond, however, Marinette suddenly slips out of his hold, her legs giving way as she slumps to the floor. She sits on the ground, her face beat red as something like a wheeze escapes her lips.

Whatever dark layer that had settled on Luka suddenly lifts and Luka is left feeling like a shy mess.

"I'm sorry, was that too much?" Luka asks, making sure to give Marinette her space on the floor. But he doesn't think Marinette heard him. Her gaze is completely unfocused.

He thinks he made her malfunction.

[ by @catneylang ]

At first, he's a little concerned. Is she ok? Should he get help? Was this normal?

But then he realized exactly what had just happened. They almost kissed. Him and Marinette! And she was embarrassed?!? Or maybe she was just flustered? Either way, he thought the sight of a grown woman on the floor in a flustered mess and a grown guy worrying over her not knowing what to do was incredibly funny. He laughs.

He couldn't help but feel a small wave of emotions for the girl. He was usually a very cool person yet she made him a flustered mess too. Oh she was just so cute. Just her face, and her mannerisms and, and everything!

He goes up to Marinette, scooping her off the ground in his arms and placing her on one of the white walls accompanying the sidewalk. She's still dazed off, and it takes all the will power in Luka to not kiss her. She's just so adorable.

Luka sits beside her so that she leans against him. He gets comfortable, lifting one leg up so his ankle rests on his knee before slipping his guitar off his shoulder and opening the case. He takes out his guitar, and gently puts the case on the floor.

Then, like second nature, his hands start strumming a soft tune. It isn't a song. He's just playing cords as they come to his head. Anyone listening, however, would think this was pre-composed because of how well put together the notes are.

As he plays, Luka feels Marinette slowly relax against him. He smiles softly.

[ by @hazenheim ]

In that moment, Luka realizes that he is happy. The sky, filled with clouds and a pinkish tint, made him happy. The park, green and flourishing, made him happy. His guitar in his hand, playing random chords out in public without a care, made him happy. Marinette, sitting besides him, made him happy.

How he wished this day would never end.

But it would. Luka will once again have to face the music. His eyes momentarily drift away from his guitar and off into the city of Paris. His eyes land on a particular building, distinct from the others. It's a studium, large and proud among the other structures. It's too far away for the people around here to notice, except for Luka. Although far, he feels as if the building were looming over him, almost watching him.

It was a weird sensation that had been bothering him since their arrival. However, he had nearly forgotten it when he became distracted by something else.

Luka's eyes flicker back to the girl behind him. He sees her with her eyes closed, her head slowly swaying to the tune he plays on his guitar.

Or, should he say, someone else.

Luka grins softly, and finishes the song with a final strum. They are silent, the final note echoing in both of their minds.

Then he turns and looks at Marinette when he feels her lift off of him. To his surprise, she scoots forward so that they are sitting shoulder to shoulder on the edge of the low wall.

"Luka." Marinette says, a smile starting to grow on her own lips. "I hope you don't think that counts as my song."

Luka chuckles, "Of course not. What would the princess like me to play?"

Marinette's gasps, pausing for a moment, then laughs at his nickname. She scrunched her nose and looks away, her eyes flicking to the sky as if she could find the answers among the clouds.

Then her eyes brighten, an idea set behind them. She looks back down. Her hands reach out and gently land on his guitar, Marinette turns to look up at him with big bright, exited, blue bell eyes.

"Play the song of my heart."

Luka frowns, his hands clenching on the guitar. The brightness dims in Marinette's eyes when she sees Luka's reaction. His heart feels heavy. He wants the brightness to come back.

But he cant play that song.

Marientte seems to realize this. She frowns as well.

"Why can't you play it?"

Her voice is sad, confused. But he can't tell her. Can he?

Luka looks back at Marinette to see she wears a sincere look of concern on her face.

"If you forgot the song its ok, I understand." Marinette says, giving him a small shrug, "Ill just ask you to play something else." She offers Luka a small grin.

He knew what she was doing. She was giving him an opportunity to dodge the explanation. All day he had been evading her questions, and he knew Marinette knew that.

Maybe, it's time he told her.

Maybe, its time he told someone.

"I..." Luka starts, but he has to stop and look away from her gaze to finish the sentence, "can't play love songs."

He hears Marinette become silent, then a fit of giggles come out of her.

"But Luka! That isn't a love song! So I'm in luck!"

Oh sweet Marinette.

Luka turns around to face her, a soft melancholic smile on his lips.

Marinette's smile slowly falls, her cheeks tint a small shade of pink as she lowers her eyes.

They are silent for a bit. Marinette looks at the floor while she thinks, and Luka watches the way the light plays on her hair as she does.

Then she looks up, her eyes filled with curiosity and determination.

"Tell me why you can't."

Luka gives her a sad smile, and then looks down at his guitar.

It has been a while since his guitar last sang words of love.

"It's a long story." Luka says it as a warning, and looks over at Marinette for aproval.

Marinette nods, getting comfortable in her seat.

Luka then takes a deep breath, and starts his story.

~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote!

It lets me know what you like and helps me write future chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 1.2K 23
Adrien Agreste has fallen in love with Marinette Dupain-Cheng. On the day he decides to tell her, somebody shows up. Luka Couffaine, another model fr...
3.1K 69 12
Marinette Dupain- Cheng is a 17-year-old who has everything she could ever wish for in New York, a family, friends, a job, and happiness. But when he...
27.9K 2.2K 42
Marinette is a rich girl, but she isn't that happy with her boyfriend Luka who was imposed by her family, she never known about love or good and happ...
537K 19.1K 82
~Highest rank: #1 in mlb ~ -COMPLETED AS OF OCTOBER 5, 2022- (A/N: Please don't read this story if you're under 15, there is some content I'm not com...