Running From Heaven (H2OVanos...

By ChaolypticCrticism

Sequel to Protection From Hell ----- "In every Angel, a Demon hides..... And in every Demon, an angel strides... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Thank You

Chapter 50

543 40 16
By ChaolypticCrticism

"No matter what, do not leave this room, got it?" Evan said, trying his hardest not to look at the spot where he had died years ago. "This is the safest place for you to be. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He looked Craig. "You'll be fine." His brother nodded even though he didn't want to.

Evan left the room, now allowing himself to be nervous and scared, knowing that he could die again. He wasn't invincible, he was just as able to be killed as anyone he had locked into that room. The thought of waking up in Heaven terrified him more than anything.

"Stop." Evan told himself. "You're going to be fine." He picks up the metal pipe before walking towards the stairs. "This ends today, no matter what." Evan advances up the stairs, mentally preparing for the worst. Although he found no comfort in this, with his luck things seemed to always turn out worse than he originally thought.

He wished he knew for sure if he would wake up tomorrow completely fine, it would make all his decisions easier. No, scratch that, it would make his life easier, there were no decisions in his life, no matter what he did to avoid this, avoid the Angels, it would always lead him back to this. He would always end up like this, always be brought back to this place.

"It ends today." He says as he reaches the top of the stairs, the blood stained pipe in hand as he walks to the front door, determined.

He's met with exactly what he suspects as he walks out of the buildings. An arsenal of angels and demons, waiting for him. One demon in particular catches Evan's eye, yet he pretends not to care, tightening his grip on the metal pipe, finding comfort in knowing that it was there.

"Hello, Evan. Have you finally come to your senses? Are you finally going to be joining the correct team?" One of the Angels spoke out to him, Evan ignored her, focusing on one demon.

"Estherion, nice to see you again." He grits his teeth, grinding them against each other. "How is it being an Angel's pet?" The demon is taken aback by his words.

"Evan, I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Liar." Evan's dark eyes glare at the demon with hatred, thinking of how everything that happened, it happened because of him. Estherion chose him to be a guardian, because he knew this would happen. "I know what you're doing, Estherion. I know what you did, I know you're motives, I know what you are."

"Evan, I'm just a demon-"

"Stop lying." Evan smashed the pipe against his skull, having gotten close to him quicker than he  had expected. He stopped himself from swinging a second time. "Now, try again."

"I-I don't-" Evan smashed his head with the metal pipe again, more blood splattering onto its once silver surface, now caked in dried shades of red.

"You chose demons to fool everyone, you tried to play a good guy, you pretended to make things equal, but you didn't, did you? You were a soldier looking for something to shoot with, you created Guardians just so you could find someone like me, someone like us, didn't you?" He hit him with the pipe once more, harder than the last two smacks. "Don't lie to me this time." Anger boils in his veins for a second time that day, but this time he had no intentions of stopping, no matter if it killed him.

"Evan, that's enough-" The hybrid smashed the pipe into the Angel that had come up behind him, trying to calm him down.

"You don't get to tell me what to do!" He shouted at the dead angel beneath him, not knowing the strength of the blow he had dealt. Evan wasn't sorry, his dark eyes swept the crowd. "No one here tells me what to do, got it? Or you'll end up like him." He pointed to the corpse, fearfully every being nodded.

Estherion gets to his feet, blood trailing down his face from his nose, a thin red line leading into his mouth and down his chin. "Evan, my dear, angry Evan. I understand that you're upset, a series of tragedies have appeared to have happened, but," Evan pulls himself away from Estherion's outstretched grasp, "I, we can fix it, we can make it better. You can have whatever you want, Evan, just join us. I promise, Evan, whatever you want." He smiles, and Evan just scowls at him.

"I want Scott." Evan says, his voice still cold. "But he's dead."

"W-we can bring him back! I promise, Evan, we can!" Estherion gets scared by the way Evan gets closer to him, his dark eyes hungering for revenge, for pain, for murder. "You can see him again, Evan, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Estherion, I thought that as a traitor, you would know that?" Evan clutches the pipe, covered in blood from multiple beings. "Guess that's just another lesson I'll have to teach you." He hits him with the pipe, swinging hard at his rib cage, the other hybrid collapses to the ground in pain. "For example," Evan stood over him, "if I made you a promise that I wasn't going to kill you," He smiled, "I'd be lying." Evan smirked as he brought the pipe down over his head again. "Or if I promised that I'd make it quick, there's another lie right there." Two more hits. "Lying isn't a very honorable trait, is it? Certainly not for an honorary angel like you, of course not!" Evan moves his face so that it is closer to Estherion's, grabbing his hair and pulling his head up. "That's the difference between you and me." He smashed his head against the floor. "You are an angel that is forced to be a demon, whereas I'm a demon that's forced to be an angel." This time, a crack rang out, the other hybrid letting out a cry of pain as Evan just smiled. No one dared interfered. "And, well, that's not how the world works, Estherion. You see, when a person'a morals are so fucked up, they end up in bad places." One more smash.

Barely alive, Evan held up Estherion's head up to his face one more time. "Tell me, Estherion, what's your bad place like?" Blood gurgled in his mouth as he tried to speak. Evan smirked. "I hope you end up there." With one final smash of his skull against the concrete, Evan left Estherion's corpse on the ground, the metal pipe still in his hand.

"Evan," his mother's voice rings in his ears, "you can still join us, sweetie. You can help make the world better, fix the mistakes we've so wrongfully made." Her voice was almost mechanical, the way she looked at Evan was artificial. It was an Angel's manufacturing.

"That's right, son, you can lead Heaven into the new age, you can make it better. For everyone." His father appears by his mother's side. Love was in his eyes, it was such a foreign concept to Evan, who had spent the first few years of his life trying to run away from his parents.

Anger rises up again as he walks forward, playing along. "Can I really? Can I actually fix the mess you guys made? Fix every little broken thing?" They nod, and Evan knows that they aren't his parents.

His parents are vicious, cruel, abusive, alcoholic assholes. His parents are dead. Nothing can change that.

"Alright," he grips the pipe as he smiles, "then how about we start with our family. I think we got off on the wrong foot. Because the way you are now isn't quite how I remember you." They looked confused, Evan knew they were fake.

"How do you remember us, Evan?" The demons behind him shuffled in their spot, clearly knowing how this ended.

"Well, something I remember very clearly about you, dad, is the way you did this to me." He slammed the pipe into his father's body, knocking him to the ground, hitting him again and again. He looks up at his mother. "You were in that exact position, all we need is smashed beer bottles on the floor and for you to have a full glass of wine, but this'll do." A few more smacks and his father was dead. "You were laying just like that when you died."

A few seconds later, his mother lay next to her husband, her dead body growing cold.

An angel jumped Evan from behind, tackling him to the ground, the pipe clanging on the ground as it fell from Evan's grasp. He was turned around and immediately punched, the face of an angel appearing in his peripheral as he screamed out a battle cry. Evan punched the angel, throwing him off before scrambling up to fight him properly. The rest of supernatural beings began to fight as well. Evan could tell that the demons out numbered the angels, most likely because they had overestimated the strength of the white-feathered princesses that Angels were.

Evan didn't know how close he was to the wall of the warehouse until he was slammed against it, the breath being knocked out of his as hands curled around his throat. Evan desperately tries to hit the angel, to find something to help him, screams coming from around him make his ears ring as he realizes that there is no one there to help him. Evan kicks out his legs, the angel falling to his knees, Evan doing the same as he tries to catch his breath, his throat beginning to sting. He tackles the angel to the ground before he can recover fully, blood appears in the angel's once dirty blonde hair, his green eyes going wide as Evan wrapped his hands around his throat as he had been doing to Evan just a few minutes ago.

Another angel comes out of nowhere and throws Evan off, his head hits the wall again, and his vision begins to swim. It reminded him of alcohol, Evan hated alcohol. This angel takes control, her eyes wide with panic as she continues to slam Evan's head into the wall until he's so dazed that he doesn't know what's going on. Hands wrap around his throat once more.

It was times like these he wished he was human, just so he could die quicker and not have such a prolonged death.

His lungs have begun to burn, pain throbbing throughout his skull, pounding against it with furious fists. Evan is gasping for any breath that the angel would allow him. Spoiler alert, there is no air for him.

Out of the corner of his darkening vision, he can see his friends burst out of the door, Evan is upset that they disobeyed him, yet at the same time he had a small amount of hope that they would save him or, at the very least, not let his body get too mutilated.

"It's okay, Ev, I'm right here." Scott's voice appeared in his head, and Evan doesn't feel so scared anymore. He can't stop blinking, his natural instincts fighting against death, but he is not afraid. He won, he got rid of the evil that led Heaven, he got his revenge for Scott, he got revenge for himself, Evan had won.

Now, he could die in peace.

"I'm right here, Evan, it's okay."

His eyes fluttered shut, his throat and lungs still burned for air, but he had stopped gasping, feeling his limbs go weak, falling limp as he stopped struggling. He heard people calling out to him, familiar shouts becoming distant as the pain becomes numb, darkness caving in on him.

"I'll never leave you, Evan. I promise."

He lets Scott's voice guide him into the the darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.8K 43
A/N Hey guys it's another h2ovanoss book THIS IS NOT A SEQUIL TO MY OUTHER ONE! Delirious likes Vanoss no Waite let me rephrase that for you delirio...
79.9K 4.1K 23
[One day I will rewrite the first 11 chapters because they are complete crap] [Cover Artwork: Snoeflake on DevianArt] [Theme Song: Christina Perri...
76.4K 2.6K 60
Los Santos. City of thieves. City of Gangs. There is a constant battle to be, Number One. Every gang wants it, and the Vanoss Crew has managed to...
145K 5.1K 29
Jonathan/Delirious moves into a new town with his father and sister. He was a shy kid at school and got bullied by a gang. His sister, Luna, made him...