I DON'T KNOW YOU

By kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... More

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
09.) and a little bit of trouble
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
15.) first encounters
16.) not so bad
17.) nothing was there
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
30.) old friends
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

06.) ransacked

2.1K 74 91
By kvnopsia

• K Y R A N •

The guilt has been killing me. I'm not the type of person who normally keeps secrets, especially if it involves something stolen.

        The others said to keep quiet because I keep squirming. I wanna confess that we took it, especially after that one phone call with Funneh.

      She said it was special and important to her. Who are we to be snooping in her life back in Canada? But then again, when you find something as weird as that, it's hard not being nosy.

      And what if Gold found out? What would she think of me? A thief? A liar? She'll never love me if she thinks I'm any of those things!

(Aw poor bby Kyran is too precious)

       My phone buzzed, a notification popped up. I pulled out the phone and read the small message that had appeared, which was then followed by a few more messages appearing.

          I opened up iMessage and clicked into me and Evan's conversation.

I started out the door and headed towards the park, dropping everything else. I would run, but I'm not the most athletic person to say the least.

I started to jog and little by little, my pace quickened and soon enough it was a fast enough tempo.

(Okay so don't hate me later in the book because of this)

    Eventually I arrived at the park and just like Evan said, Alec, Evan, and Aly were all waiting on me in a small closed circle.

      "Guys, I'm here. What's wrong?" I panted, jogging up to them which I'll admit, made me a little tired.

       "We can't find Evelyn. She's not the type of person to just get up and vanish! I was on a call with her earlier when her phone just went dead. I kept calling back but she never responded," Aly explained.

        "Did you guys go check her house? Maybe her phone died or something came up," I tried to reason with their explanation.

       "We were waiting on you to check her house. But Evelyn's a smart girl; she would never just hang up and not explain why," Aly sighed.

        "I'm sure there's a logical explanation. I mean, this is Evelyn we're talking about," I sigh and try to calm their flying accusations.

"Well we can't just sit around and theorize like some sort of Shane Dawson Mystery Gang. Come on," Alec directs.

We kept walking and walking as a small group until we finally reached Evelyn's place. It must've taken a little over forty-five minutes.

(Can't remember if she lives in a house or a dormitory, so I'm going to say she lives in a house)

I had only been here one other time, and that was when she confessed she was an investigator-in-training or some sort of intern.

She's a smart girl, no lie there. She managed to create robots that could properly function. What did she name that one robot? Phoebe? Was that its name?

         Alec walked up closely to the door and knocked, attempting to peer through the window. He seemed a little cautious in doing so. He was probably worried he was gonna accidentally punch Evelyn like that one time back during Halloween.

        No one answered even after he knocked numerous times. We all looked at each other and before I could even reason with them again, Evan was trying himself as if it would make a difference.

        "Evan, if she didn't open up when Alec knocked all those times, what makes you think she'll open up to you?" I asked, curious to his own answer.

       "I dunno, worth a shot," He shrugged and looked back at the door, which still had not opened up despite our best efforts.

       "Alec, just pick the lock and we'll check up inside," Aly instructed, as she brushed her hair off her shoulders.

       I remembered Alec said he knew how to pick locks because of his locksmith class at YHS. Funneh was right: YHS does have a lot of programs.

        "Guys, maybe she's just out somewhere running errands. Evelyn's a busy person," I tried to reason again, and still achieved nothing.

Alec picked the door open and with a low groan, it swung open. The house was dark, and it felt eerie despite that it was only sunset.

      "Where's the light switch in here?" Aly asked in a slow and quiet tone, careful just in case someone of something was here.

      After fumbling around next to the walls of the house, we found the light switches. There were three, each of them holding a different purpose.

      I flicked them all on and one by one, different sources of lights fizzled to life and the house lit up instantly. It looked incredibly different from when the lights weren't on.

And I mean it really looked different.

"Evelyn?" Evan called out, cupping his hands around his mouth. He scanned the room as he called out to her. But we received no answer.

The house looked like it had been ransacked. Vases and fragile objects broken, pieces scattered across the floor. Items were thrown loosely and paintings had been knocked off of the walls.

It was obvious that if whoever had done this took Evelyn, they certainly had a rough time doing so. Evelyn's trained to defend herself and she'd never go down without a fight. I couldn't tell if the house was wrecked because they fought or if it was because they had tried to rob her.

"Oh god, where is she?" I asked, worried. Maybe they had broken in while she was gone? Maybe the other theory was incorrect?

"Did any of you see Evelyn earlier today?" Alec asked us, inspecting the room and all of this incriminating and unnerving scene.

"I saw her yesterday. She was walking down the street towards the boba tea place. She was holding some sort of small file-looking paper. I didn't really talk to her. She looked busy," Aly sighed.

"I haven't seen her for a few days. Frankly, Evelyn scares me," Evan shook his head.

"I saw her earlier today. She was heading here I think," I said slowly, attempting to recall my memory of her hurrying past everyone earlier this afternoon.

"What time was it when you saw her?" Aly asked, picking up a small photo frame whose glass was shattered slightly.

"I think around three o'clock. I usually head over to the manga shop near the school around that time. It's when the store is quiet and I can have peace while looking around there," I said sheepishly.

      "Well as interesting as it is to hear you talk about where you find your 2D girlfriends, you saw Evelyn at about three. That means this could only have happened within two hours. It's only five," Alec pointed out.

      "Alec's right. It's five-twenty-nine and if it was around three, it's about two hours. Maybe fifty minutes," Evan scrunches his nose.

       Alec's phone started ringing, and he pulled it out of his back pocket. He looked at the contact name and excused himself. In a hurry, he ran outside and disappeared to answer the call.

      He really does hurry off after he gets calls. During art class, Funneh has said she wished he would put his phone on silence for once. Though, she did say it because she was salty about how her date with Alec ended.

Who was calling him? And why did he hurry off?

      Even after all the years I've known Alec, I still don't understand him. He's secretive and quiet, but shares a sense of humor and curiosity like the rest of us.

     And then he has that hoodie. He's always wearing a hoodie, hood draping over his hair and hiding his face. Never takes it off really. He shows no upset emotion when he does take it off, so I don't know what's up with that.

He still gets on my nerves though.

(They're always arguing, aren't they?😂)

• A L E C •

(Oh boy, finally a new POV! Good job on not being lazy for once or uncreative, author)

I rushed out the door, and stood beside the outside wall of Evelyn's house. I would've just stepped into another room to take any normal call.

Only problem was that this was not a normal call.

I answered the call and held it close to my ear, listening to the words (or rather instructions) I was being given.

"I have an update on my plans," Her voice echoed and it sent chills down my spine slightly. You'd think that after all the times she's talked to me, I wouldn't feel the slightest bit scared of her.

But I am.

"Plans? Plans on what?" I asked, confused. My eyebrows furrowed and the unnerving feeling that was swirling in my chest grew even more.

"I need you to hack into Evelyn Wynd's security system. Her cameras caught the crime Celeste and I committed. Erase the evidence, now," Yandere directed.

     "Crime? What did you guys do?" I asked, shoving my available hand into the pocket of my hoodie. I looked sketchy, which wouldn't help me, but I also didn't stick out too much. I blended in underneath the shade of the house.

      "Let's just say she's getting too close to figuring out that I killed Valerie. That and she's interacted with someone I'm particularly fond of too many times. She has to go," She hissed.

      "You're gonna kill Evelyn!?" I whisper-yelled, caught off guard by her explanation.

    Kill Evelyn? No, why her? Evelyn's a good person, she doesn't deserve this, I thought.

     "You maybe be her friend, but that doesn't matter to me. She's gotten too nosy and escaped my attempts of killing her one too many times," She snapped.

     "You can't just kill her. It's not her fault! Yandere, this isn't fair. Leave her alone," I tried to defend Evelyn. Sure, she might also kind of hold a grudge against me for accidentally punching her but she shouldn't die.

     "Oh look at you, trying to be everyone's knight in shining armor. Remember, if I go down, we all go down. Imagine what the others would think of you. What would your mother, sister, and father think of you? What about your friends? What about your little girlfriend, huh?" She threatened.

A pain shot through my heart, filling my veins with worry and fear. She was right. If one of us got caught, we would all get caught. And to just imagine what Aly, mom, or the others would say or think hurts even more.

I don't want them to be dragged down with me. Not Aly, mom, Kyran, Evan, Gold, or Funneh. They can't suffer for my actions.

I wouldn't be in this situation if we didn't need the money, if we weren't struggling financially. Taking side jobs, working extra hours, hiding other secrets, it's hard. I had tried to stop working for Yandere. I didn't want anything more to do with her.

But then I found the overdue rent papers in the garage after I had to fix the crib that Aly broke. We were struggling and the pay that I received from Yandere was decent enough to help us.

I wish it didn't have to be this way.

"So you're going to obey every instruction I give you, okay?" Her voice lowered to a slow and eerie growl, her voice growing icy at the tips.

I didn't respond. My tongue felt twisted and my heart skipped a beat. The sheer thought of the others finding out threw me off my game for a few seconds.

"Do I make myself clear?" She growled. She was growing impatient, it was easy to tell.

I adjusted my voice and coughed before I said, "Yes." You could feel her smirk growing on the other end of the line.

"Good. Now get to it," She directed. I agreed and hung up with a sigh, figuring out how I was going to fulfill the task Yandere gave me.

I turned off my phone and tucked it away into the back pocket of my jeans. I shoved both of my hands into my hoodie pockets and walked back inside as casual as I could.

"Who was it?" Aly asked, looking at me. Kyran and Evan were busy searching the place.

"Oh it was just a wrong number. They refused to believe me and kept arguing about some sort of Mine-Bay purchase that was apparently a rip-off," I shrugged with a chuckle.

Oh great, you're a pathological liar now. Way to go, Alec, I thought to myself.

"Oh okay," Aly nodded and walked off into another room, looking for any clue of some sort. The fact that I now knew who it was made me uneasy. What if they found out before I could get us out of here?

What would Yandere do?

-/•\-

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to publish this chapter. I'm going through a major creative block. I don't feel like drawing and my motivation to write is lacking. Sorry but I hope I delivered on this chapter! It's only 2000+ words so sorry, it might've been longer had I not have this block.

Keep reading and stay cool🌙

(Remember to vote, follow, and comment! It's appreciated <3)

L U N A is typing....💬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 473 50
// No bad words, kissing, little violence, cringy// "Kat please! I like the school here!" Betty said, while she was watching her younger sisters K...
1.2K 22 12
Welcome to book 3!! This book is a free roamed one!! Which means it comes in a surprise!! A surprise I don't even know, haha!! Though, I will have ad...
12.6K 424 22
Funneh and Gold are the best (average) agents in the Canadian business. But when a power villain comes along, the duo will need more than just themse...
7.4K 128 13
(Y/N) one day went to high school called Yandere High school for short YHS and when she was just a kid she got hit by a car and went into a coma and...