I'll Protect You, I Promise

由 BrokenCelestial

Steve would do anything for his oldest friend. And sometimes that means holding him through night terrors oth... 更多

The Calm
Kill
Strawberries
The Call
Broken Pieces of a Man
Moments of Heaven
Wake Up Call
Visitor
Doritos and Tequila
Hangover
Before
A Long Bus Ride, a Homophobic Woman, and Another Call
Well Frickity-Frack
Eternity
Um...Awkward
Cards on the Table
Ice Box
The Storm
Note(There is one more chapter after this)
When In Love

A Little Help

488 8 0
由 BrokenCelestial

"You boys are so late, what were you doing? Having sex?" Natasha scolded as she walked up to their stolen car, where the two boys were just getting out.

Behind her was an abandoned factory building. With three stories, completely made of brick, and boarded up windows, it was one of the more scenic buildings on the wharf. The fact that the sun setting behind the building had nothing to do with the beauty of the abandoned building, though it was a nice attributing factor.

"Where have you been," Natasha demanded.

Steve laughed and looked over at Bucky to answer her.

Bucky sighed, "We're sorry Nat, I got hungry so I got Steve to stop for food. But I also attempted to seduce him in the car, so we ended up getting stuck in rush hour traffic. I'm sorry."

"Well, you're here now." She said. "The people following you are private security types and you'll never guess who they belong to. Tony."

"That son of a bitch," Bucky muttered.

"My guess is someone tipped them off." Natasha continued. "Has anyone recognised you in the past few days? Landlord, neighbour, barista, the owner of the laundry mat? "

"Not that I can think of," Steve replied.

"That's goo-" 

Bucky cut off Natasha, "Actually, there was a kid a the ice cream shoppe. He recognised you, he thanked you."

"Damn it, Steve," Natasha turned to him. "Why couldn't you be more careful?"

"I'm sorry."

"An apology isn't helpful. Tony knows where you are, he has men following you!"

"Wait," Steve shook his head. "Why Tony? Are you positive it wasn't someone else? Pepper, maybe?"

"Tony owns the men, but that doesn't mean he commands them," Bucky added.

"Pepper's still away, but there is Happy. Though he doesn't have enough stature, so I don't think he'd have access to Stark's men." Natasha said.

"But he could, there's also Rhody," Steve mentioned.

"He could." Natasha though, "But I don't think it is any of them."

"It's someone from the outside," Bucky stated as if it was the most obvious answer. "It has to be."

"Then who?" Steve asked.

"I suppose it doesn't matter," Natasha interjected. "It doesn't and at this point nothing does. You still have to take T'challa up on his offer."

"No, I don't." Bucky spat. "I'm staying here."

"The nightmares? The ones that have been getting worse? They happen when you're awake?" Natasha questioned. "They're only going to get worse. I know, I know you don't want to admit it but if you don't get help now, those nightmares are never going to stop."

Everyone was quiet for a moment until Bucky spoke softly, "Have they stopped for you?"

Nat pursed he lips, laughing a little and looking down. "No, they haven't."

"Why?"

"I never got help. I never thought I needed it."

"Are you trying to help me?"

"Yes." She whispered. "I can't fix myself, but I'll be damned if I can't help you get fixed."

Bucky smiled softly. He walked to her and wrapped his arms around her. "You were never broken." He whispered to her, "You were stronger than most, you learned to use a mask. It's why you never broke."

Steve shuffled his feet, unsure of what to do. He stood there looking anywhere but the scene in front of him. Nat looked up and motioned for him to join the hug. Reluctantly he did.

"I have a plan," Natasha said in the middle of the hug. The boys chuckled.

"I'm sure you do," Steve said.

They were hunched over the map that was laid out on the hood of the car. It showed a map of new york. On it was red sharpie lines, indicating the path of the security persons.

"Okay, most likely they're only an hour behind you," Natasha stated, "We should go here within the next few minutes." She pointed to a building three blocks north. She looked up at the men and moved her finger. "We also have to move the car here. I'll move the car. Stay in the cafe for 10 minutes and then meet me here. It will give me enough time to think of something unless you guys have a better idea."

They both shook their heads.

"Good." She grabbed their backpacks from inside the car and tossed them. "Get going."

Natasha drove the car out of the lot and down the street. The boys stood there holding their backpacks unsure of what to do.

"I guess," Bucky said, "We should probably get going."

Steve agreed and slipped his hand into Bucky's. Quickly, they headed North, to where Natasha had told them to go. It wasn't a long walk, but two blocks North the people became numerous. It made it difficult to squeeze by and get to the cafe in the time frame that Natasha had given them.

When they reached the small cafe they took a seat that was next to the picture window. Bucky watched the people move outside the building. 

"It's sad." He stated.

"What?"

"That they never know whats happening around them." He replied. "They'll never know what anyone else goes through, they're all caught up in their own world."

"Yeah, maybe that's a good thing." Steve looked out at the street,"Though maybe it's bad too. Less time for violence against others, but  they'll never know when to help."

"Steve, isn't there anything we can do?" Bucky asked.

"I don't know, Buck. I really don't know."

A hush fell over the two and they went back to people watching. Steve looked down at his phone for the time every minute. And then they were there for 10 minutes.

"Bucky," Steve said casually, "We have to go."

Bucky stood up, almost knocking the chair over. "Sorry," He apologised to the man behind him.

Steve let a smile take over his face as the two of them exited the building.

"Come on, we don't have much time." Natasha ushered Bucky and Steve inside the hotel lobby. "Follow me."

"Where are we going, Nat?" Bucky questioned, but Steve placed a hand on his shoulder as a warning not to ask questions.

"I managed to get a room, don't worry it can't trace back to us." She grabbed their arms and dragged them to the elevator. "I'll explain everything when we get there. However, I'm thinking that it's time for Bucky to go."

"What?" Steve asked taken aback. "Bucky isn't going anywhere."

"He needs help Rogers and you can't help him."

"Natasha," He reasoned.

"Guys!" Bucky jumped into the conversation. "Thank you so much for your opinions, but I can speak for myself." He turned to Steve, "As much as I hate this Nat has a point."

"How can you just say that?" Steve whimpered, "You can't leave me, not again."

 Bucky bit his bottom lip, "I need help and you need help. Neither of us is getting the help we need if we are both so focused on helping the other person, so I think it's time I leave. It's for the best."

"Buck,"

"Steve, I'm sorry Nat's right."

The elevator doors opened to a deserted hallway.

"Let's go," Natasha whispered.

The men followed her down the hall, to the right, and three doors down on the left. She opened the door and pulled them inside. She went to the windows and pulled the blinds shut. She paced back and forth until she took a deep breath and turned her friends.

"I have the Quinn Jet stashed away like you asked." The redhead looked over at Steve. "At most with traffic its 35 minutes away and 45 if you're going to walk. Either way, wait an hour and then head over, don't open the door for anyone." She handed Steve the room key. "Be safe. I'm sorry I can't help you more."

With that she headed straight for the door, not turning back one until she was in the loby.

"Good luck," She whipered, "I do hope this works out for you."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

17.6K 317 13
Them: 2 HOT best friends with different pasts. Her: a sassy, homeless girl that locked her feelings away. °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°...
361 11 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦�...
18.3K 389 19
The title says it all. Stories, Alternate Universes, and Songfics ranging from fluff to angst to smut with one topic 90% of the time: SteveBucky.
347K 6.4K 60
"𝖲𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗎𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗉𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖽." ~ 𝑩𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 "𝖶𝖾𝗅𝗅, 𝗒𝗈...