Protecting the President's So...

By KirstenMx

[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] Luna Prescott is a young special agent and Ace Crawford is the President's... More

1: Goat's Cheese
2: Hormonal Teens and Drugs
3: Like Regina George?
4: Is Lunch a Class?
5: Your virginity?
6: Pretty nugget
7: Yodelling Walmart Kid
8: Herpes and Smoke Weed
9: Spill the Tea
10: My Knight in Shining Armour
11: Slide into His DMs
12: Keep it PG
13: He Bruises Like a Peach
14: Chicken Tender?
15: Buzz Buzz Bitch
16: Sniffing My Bag
17: Birdy Boo Boo
18: Big Plastic Balloons
19: Mr. Snuggles
20: A Kid With An Attractive Moustache
21: No More Pop Tarts
22: Fakeness Isn't Natural
23: What a Wiener
24: As in The Nemo Character?
25: Done the Deed
26: No Attachments
27: Geronimo!
28: You Little Pig
29: Pinapple Haired Baby
30: Macenth?
31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple
32: So Damn Extra
33: 20 Chicken McNuggets
34: Pun Intended
35: Give It A Rest
36: Just One Thing
37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs
38: Peace Out, Dawg
39: Hit it, Lesley
40: Safety First Kids
41: Your Date Is Here
42: Dramatic Much?
43: Bitch Better Have My Money
44: I'm Sorry
45: Ape Shit
47: Official
48: Jayden Carol Crawford
49: Game On, Loser
50: Deeper Than The Mariana Trench
51: Follow The Rules
52: Lover's Lane
53: Shoot.
54: Baby Daddy?
55: 'She Doesn't Love You'
56: Detach Yourself
57: I Can't Do This
58: My Dumbass
59: I've Got A Bone
60: Was He Crying?
61: They're Probably Dead
62: Like A King
63: Slow Down
64: This Is Your Fault
65: You Know I Can't
66: Just Don't Trust Anyone
67: Fuck The Agency
68: Are You Ready?
69: Time's Up
Final A/N
SEQUEL IS UP

46: Why Won't You Let Me In?

130K 5.8K 3.4K
By KirstenMx

Song:

- My Everything // Ariana Grande

*Focusing on the end of the chapter*

Chapter 46: Why Won't You Let Me In?

Luna*

Inhale. Exhale.

I was breathing fast as I tried to collect the pieces of the glass shards off the floor.

"I can fix this," I mumbled and tried to fix the broken family.

I was so focused on the photo that I hadn't realised that Noah was shaking me, "Luna, stop."

I carried on picking up the pieces.

"Cut it out!" He snapped me out of my daze, I dropped the glass back onto the floor and only then did I notice my hand was bleeding.

"Oh I get it, cut it out..and I have cuts on my hands." I giggled.

Damn you, intoxicated Luna.

Noah studied me with an anxious face before saying, "Let's get you fixed up."

I stared at the shattered family once more before going with him.

The rest of the night, they piled questions onto me and aided my bleeding hand before shutting me in my room and only letting me out if I wanted food. And I was hungry. Multiple times.

***

"You're going!" The girls argued.

"No, I'm not!" I folded my arms.

Today was Halloween, during the 2 days which I locked myself in my room for, I have done a lot of redecorating. Such as putting photos of Ace on my dart board. And then playing darts.

But since they came over to try and force me into going to Dean's party, I can't play anymore because it's 'bad for my emotional state'.

Bull crap, I tell you.

"You need to get out of here, you haven't left this room for the past 2 days!" Raven inquired.

"Lies! I went to the fridge in the Kitchen at least 10 times today," I reasoned.

"That doesn't count."

"What about the time when I went into the living room to watch TV?"

"You didn't even watch the TV, you just kept on throwing pillows at Noah because he didn't give you any of his popcorn." She exposed me. Exposed.

"But I don't wanna.." I whined.

"Well I didn't wanna do my homework, but I still did it." Taylor raised an eyebrow.

"But that's because..you're cool?" Seriously Luna? That's all you could think of?

"Okay we definitely need to get her out of here," Bee confirmed, "This room is messing with her brain cells."

"They're long gone." Raven said which earned a flying pillow from me.

"Actually," Taylor had a devilish smirk, "We could always stay home and watch chick flicks or maybe even Barbie movies-"

"Hold it right there." I stopped her and they already knew what I was gonna say, "Fine, I will go."

"Yes!" They high fived.

"Damn you."

"Volià!" Raven helped me up from the vanity chair to the mirror.

"Really? The irony is killing me." I was wearing a long sleeved black crop top with dark green cargo pants and combat boots, "Kim Possible. I'm Kim Possible."

They grinned at me so that I couldn't help but match it, "I like it."

The guys were already at Dean's house setting up the party while we got ready here, speaking of.. I know that Lucas and Jacob were going as Superman and Batman,
Taylor was doing a couples costume with Jason where they were Mickey & Minnie, Bee and Dean were a honey pot and a bee (guess which one is which) and Raven and Noah were..nerds I think?

"You should've heard him when he showed me his costume," Raven held up a picture of him wearing suspenders, white shirt and glasses but he had smarties packets stuck to his pants, "He was like, I'm a Smartie-Pants."

"What- Ohhh," We understood.

"But, your costume is exactly the same." I pointed to her glasses, white shirt, suspenders and skirt which was covered in nerd packets.

"No it's not, I've got nerds." She said in a 'duh' tone.

We rolled our eyes then Bee stated, "Let's get going, we are late."

"It's only.." I pulled out my phone to check the time, "8:01."

"Exactly, late." Then she pulled us out the house.

***

"How many more minutes?" I was sitting in the passenger seat next to Raven while Taylor and Bee sat behind us.

"Only 2," she replied.

"It's 8:17, oh we are so late." Bee complained from the backseat.

Out of nowhere, my phone started to ring, playing 'Call me, Beep me,' by Christina Milian. The Kim Possible theme song.

"Really Raven?" I exclaimed while she laughed, "You're so damn extra."

[A/N: I wonder who else said that before 😏]

"Hello?" I answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"Luna?" I heard Lucas ask through the loud music of the party.

"That's my name."

"Where are you?" I heard him move to a place a little less loud.

"We are still on our way, we'll be a few minutes."

"Can you tell them to hurry up?" I heard Dean shout at Lucas, "I look like a loner dressed as honey."

"That's because you are." Jacob said then I heard something being thrown across the room.

I signalled for Raven to drive faster, "Yeah, we are coming."

"Save me." Was all I heard before he ended the call.

"Why are they all so dramatic?" Taylor pointed out.

"I don't know but we are here." Raven announced and got out of the car with us soon following.

Dean's house was a big modern house but had some distance from the houses next to it which was great because they wouldn't be able to hear 'Turn Down For What' blaring on the speakers. The multicoloured lights were flashing through the windows, red solo cups were everywhere and people who were either passed out or making out loitered the front lawn.

"What are we meant to do?" I mumbled to Raven next to me.

It's weird that the amount of galas or balls that we have been to, don't help the fact that we have no idea what to do at this teenage social gathering or 'party'.

"Just go with it."

We all went inside, where the music was ten times louder and the stench of alcohol and sweat was more profound, to meet the guys in the crowded kitchen.

"You really know how to throw a party Dean." I commented while looking around.

"Thanks." He grinned.

My eyes wandered around the kitchen, past the window into the back garden and the corridor which lead to the living room.

"Hello?" Lucas waved his hand in front of my face, "Are you looking for someone?"

"What? Pshhh No," I dragged the 'o' longer, "I'm just..checking out..the fridge? Yeah, the fridge."

"I know right, it's so slim and sexy." Dean joked and Bee elbowed him in the stomach.

"Why would I be looking for someone anyway?" I totally played it cool.

They shared a look that I knew all too well.

"I know that look, what are you guys up to?" I stepped away for good measure.

"Nothin'" they chorused.

Yeah, like that makes it more believable.

"Luna, could you come help me get some towels?" Noah asked.

"Why would you need towels?"

"We are gonna push the twins in the pool later." He shrugged.

"We heard that." They said.

"Let's go." He ushered me out of the room and to somewhere down the corridor in front of a door.

I opened it to reveal a brightly lit small room with some cleaning supplies, "There aren't any towels in here-"

"Don't get mad." Noah made a face.

"Why would I be mad-" Noah pushed me into the room and slammed the door shut.

"Noah!" I jiggled the door handle but there was a click on the other side meaning he locked it.

"You'll thank us later," he said and then his footsteps away grew fainter.

"Us?" Meaning that they were all in on it. The little rascals.

I made a face and tried the door again.

Maybe I should just pick the lock on the door?

Dammit I didn't wear any bobby pins.

I paced the room at some point I ran up to the door to try and knock it down. Needless to say, it didn't work. And I need some ice.

I gave up and sat against the wall in the corner, waiting for my brother to come back so I can knock him out.

A few minutes later I heard the door handle start moving.

"Boy am I gonna-" I stood up and moved to the door to immediately jerked away when someone else was thrown in.

"Have fun!" Noah guffawed and locked the door once more.

I looked at the person who was dressed in camo and different shades of green.

"Ace?" I realised.

He barely gave me a glance when he tried to open the door.

"It won't open, I already tried." I informed him.

Ace didn't say anything when he walked to the wall and sat down. Moments turned to minutes of silence as he refused to make any sort of human interaction with me.

"I'm sorry." I finally say.

"Apology denied."

"Ace please, I never meant to hurt you."

He changed the subject, "Your costume is the definition of ironic."

"Camo? That's the best you can do?" I say hoping for us to joke again like we used to.

"At least I'm in character, you are literally what your dressed up as." He shot back, in the wrong direction that I wanted this to go.

"This is off topic," I shook my head,  "Stop changing the subject."

It should've felt like silence in here but the music outside the door wouldn't let that happen.

"Why did you hurt Lucas?" I asked quietly.

"I shouldn't have," he grimaced, "But he just kept nagging me about her."

"Who? Jayden?"

Ace finally looked at me briefly, "You wouldn't understand."

I moved closer to him, "Then tell me, tell me what is going on so I can understand because you have no idea how fucking confused I am right now."

He stared at the space between us before standing up and going to the door, "I've had enough of this shit."

"Open this door or I swear I will kill anyone who doesn't." His fist pounded on the door, "Open it!"

I heard someone say on the other side, "I'm not dying today."

The lock clicked open and Ace pushed the door. He stalked out of the door and weaved through the crowd of people.

"Ace, Wait!" I went out of the room.

"So..how did it go?" Noah appeared next to me.

"I will deal with you later." I pointed at him and ran after Ace.

He was already out of the front door and into the pouring rain of outside. Some people were still out there but the rest were hurrying to get under some shelter. Car lights were on helping we see through the dark night and spotting Ace who was walking directly in the path to his car.

There wasn't any shelter near him that I could take us to so we would just be standing in the cold rain.

"Fuck it." I squeezed past people out of the Dean's house into the gravelled path.

I did my best not to slip on the stones as I ran to him with my hand over my eyes to stop rain getting into my eyes.

"Ace! Ace wait!"

"What? What the hell do you want?" He stopped and whipped round to face me which I luckily stopped myself from colliding into him.

"I want you to talk to me, I want us to be how we were, I want you make me understand." The rain soaked my hair and clothes, not that I minded. There are more important things happening right now.

"Sorry, that train has already left the station." He started walking away again but my hand grasped around his arm and held him back.

Ace seemed the surprised when his eyes travelled from my hand to my face.

"Why won't you let me in?" I wanted my voice to sound strong but it came out lighter.

His face softened and I saw the feeling that he usually hides behind his intriguing blue eyes.

"I'm afraid of what you'll see when I do." He whispered like it frightened him to say it.

I moved my hand from his arm to cup the side of his face which he gently leaned into.

"Nothing you could ever do or say could make me change my mind on how I feel about you."

Apparently that was all it took for Ace to take action. It didn't matter if it was raining or that people were watching us or that we were both dripping wet with rain.

His eyes went from my eyes to my lips. His arm was around my waist and his hand was behind my neck, pulling me closer to him. His breath fanned out on cheek as he now brighter eyes stared into mine before he connected both of our lips together.

And he kissed me.

***
A/N: AAAHAAHAAAH SOME LACE ACTION FOR YOU ALLLLL 😍😍😍 I SHIP THIS SO SO SO SO SO MUCHHHH

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to write this chapter aaaaaaaahhhh they kissed guys.

THEY KISSED *insert kissing noises* 😂

I hope this chapter forgives me for chapter 44? It does right?

Anyyyhowww, my updating schedule will from now on be every 3 days. So my next update will be Wednesday, then Saturday, then Tuesday etc..

This is probably my favourite chapter because of lace lmao 😂

Also someone asked the show's that I will be binge watching so here is a list (you can skip this if you don't care) and please tell me if you watch these too:

• Teen Wolf

• The Vampire Diaries

•The Originals

• The Flash

• And rewatching Stranger Things

But not to fear, I will still be writing chapters ;))

Okie Dokie, that's all I have to say so see you in the next chapter!

Love, Kirsten
xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.9K 2.7K 38
【 𝗷𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗱𝗮𝘄𝗸𝗶𝗻𝘀 x 𝘧𝘦𝘮!𝘰𝘤 】 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, travelling to Australia left a girl bored and afraid, until she felt blood on her hands. ...
1.2M 84.1K 29
|| a featured story || After the tragic death of her boyfriend, Rose flees to a cabin in the wild to mend her broken heart. It's there she meets Seba...
201K 17.7K 38
When senior students at Lincoln High receive the same deadly text message, it falls upon Helena Gallagher and an unlikely companion to solve the myst...
165K 16K 38
This is a FREE STORY with one paid bonus chapter! An exclusive boarding school on the coast of Maine. The unexplained death of a female student. A si...