TILL DEATH DO US APART (Watty...

By DikshaSinha

What would you do if you fell in love with the very person you have been ordered to kill? Ask Crystal Wingett... More

TILL DEATH DO US APART
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: The Team
Chapter 3: The Ball
Chapter 4: The Hospital
Chapter 5: New Friends
Chapter 6: The Date( part one)
Chapter 6: The Date( Part Two)
Chapter 6: The Date( Part Two) continued.....
Chapter 7: The Hospital Again
Chapter 8: The Night
Chapter 9: Of punches and Bosses(Part 2)

Chapter 9: Of Punches and Bosses

110 5 2
By DikshaSinha

Chapter 9: Of Punches and Bosses :

(Kyle’s P.O.V)

I looked out of the window, watching the sun rise. It was a beautiful day. I glanced down at Crystal who was sleeping contentedly on my lap. She actually looked like an angel, vulnerable and delicate. A smile played at my lips when I realized how peaceful she looked. At least there was a time when she wasn’t agitated.

I had been up for quite some time just watching her slumbering on me. I wondered when she had decided to follow in her father’s footsteps; her father was a federal agent. She never struck me as a person to take up criminal investigation as a profession. During our younger days, she had been too fragile and frail. It was astonishing to see her now, so headstrong and gritty. She may not be physically strong, her built was small and thin, but her mental strength was indomitable. Her resolve drove her to her goals. It was almost disconcerting to see her so fixated on her job. I had been pretty sure; Caden would be more like his father. Crystal was just so girly and sweet in those days. More like her mother, poignant and gentle.

Her father had been a proud officer who wanted his children to be like him. I recalled the time when during her birthday celebrations her father had said something along the lines of ‘ my daughter will shine in this field one day’ and Crystal had scrunched up her nose in disgust and cried out that she hated fights and guns and was never going to do that. I was surprised that the girl who used to cry her lungs out when she scraped her knees had turned out to be a tough woman. One who carried a gun…

Sitting there on her couch, I realized how much she had changed. But even I had, hadn’t I? Every cell in my brain warned me to stay away from Crystal, being in her proximity was dangerous. It was better not to become too attached to her. But a strange force pulled me to her; it was difficult to avoid her. I had easily warmed up to her even though I knew she hated my guts, although unknowingly, but still.

My phone buzzed in my pocket at the exact moment that Crystal stirred and opened one eye to give me a fleeting look. I ignored the buzzing phone and smiled down at her, “Rise and Shine, honey,” I beamed.

“Don’t call me honey, I am not your wife, you flirt,” Crystal responded groggily and snuggled her face into my stomach, going back to sleep.

I looked down at her with an amused expression realizing she was not a morning person. I decided to carry her to her bed and let her stretch her muscles a little, I was sure she was going to have muscle ache when she got up for sleeping on the couch.

Slowly I slid my arms under her head and knees and tried to lift her up. As it turns out, it wasn’t difficult at all, she hardly weighed anything. Carrying her along, I looked through each door before I finally found the bedroom. I walked in and heaved her on the bed. At that precise instant she woke up with a start and punched me on the nose.

“Uff…” I groan in pain, collapsing on the bed.

She rubbed her eyes for a few seconds until she opened them and took in her surroundings, when they landed on me they grew wide and she gasped, putting a hand on her mouth.

“Oops…” she grimaced.

“What was that for?” I growled, my nose still throbbing.

“Umm… I thought, it was a burglar or something,” she said, giving me a pitiful look, “Are you alright?”

“I think my nose is broken,” I said, grimacing.

“I am sorry,” she genuinely looked so.

“Hey, that’s okay, these things keep happening,” I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

She let out a small laugh, “yeah I guess,”

“Okay, so tell me, is it a normal routine for you to punch people early in the morning?” I teased.

She scowled at me and left the bed to go to the washroom. Meanwhile, I thought of checking my phone to see who it was that was calling me continuously. I took my phone out of my jeans pockets and flipped it open. It was still ringing.

I picked it up, saying hello into the speaker.

“Is this Christopher Reese?” Someone drawled on the other end, in a heavily accented voice.

“Yes, who’s speaking?” I said grimly.

“Mr. Reese, I am Marcus, my boss wants to have a deal with you,” the person on the phone drawled.

“What kind of a deal?”

“Oh! It’s a deal from which you will gain a lot, but it is something you have never done before,”

“What is it?” I asked, in a businesslike tone.

“I can’t tell you that, my boss has asked me to set up a meeting with you. If you are willing to discuss the matter, come to the Hotel Bluebird, tonight at 8:00,”

“Who is your boss?”

“You will know that tonight, I can just tell you that you will be glad to see him.”

“Fine, I’ll come, but that does not mean I am agreeing to the deal. I want the details first,” I responded.

“Yes, of course Mr. Reese,” Marcus drawled out again, before disconnecting the call.

I ran a hand through my hair and cracked my neck; I would have to meet the boys to make some plans for tonight.

“Do you want some coffee?” Crystal asked coming out of the washroom, wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. Her hair was wrapped up in a towel.

I ran my eyes from her head to her toes and gave a cheeky grin, “Does the FBI allow that outfit, if not it should, all your un-subs will willingly surrender themselves,”

She let out a hearty laugh, “No, they don’t allow, although if it would make Reese surrender I will happily go to work wearing a bikini,”

My lips twitched as I tried to control the smile that was ready to spread out on my face.

“You could try the bikini stuff on me you know, if it works on me it would definitely work on Reese,” I grinned cockily.

She stuck out her tongue at me and mouthed some choice words under her breath which only made me grin wider. She went into the kitchen; me following close behind, and switched on the coffee maker. I hovered above her looking down at what she was doing.

“Go and sit down, don’t hover behind me,” she groaned.

“I like it here,”

“You are annoying,” she glowered at me.

“Yeah, so I have been told,” I smirked.

She stopped in the middle of a retort and got busy making a sandwich. It was an uncomfortable silence; in order to fill it up I started with small talk.

“How are your parents?” I asked.

No answer, she just continued with her work silently.

“Crystal? Is something wrong?”

She turned around to face me, her expression pained.

“They died in a car accident two years ago,” she said, her voice choked.

I wrapped my arms around her and brought her close, “I am sorry,” I whispered.

“It’s okay, you did not know.”

 Mentally kicking myself for being such a dolt, I patted her back in reassurance.

“Anyways, have the coffee and breakfast and after that we need to go get my car, ok?” she said, pouring the coffee in mugs.

“Sure,” I said, biting into the sandwich.

By the time we finished eating we knew each other better. At least I knew her better. I had been silently listening to her as I had nothing to say. In the time that it took us to eat she had received three phone calls from a frantic colleague and had decided to visit the headquarters for which she had to change into her formals.

“Ready to leave?”  She asked as she came out of the room wearing a crisp white shirt, a pair of trousers and a suit jacket.

“Yeah, let’s go,” I said.

                                                   ************************************

(Crystal’s P.O.V)

“Thanks Kyle, I owe you one,” I said, making my way towards my car that was parked in Delany’s parking space.

“Hey, what are friends for right?” he replied, smiling.

I smiled back and gave him a small hug through the window of his car. He told me he had some important work and drove off.

Making my way towards my car I thought back to Nathan’s phone call. He had sounded so anxious. Apparently Weiss was at the headquarters and I was needed to hand over the investigation papers to her.

What I hadn’t anticipated was the scene that met my eyes when I reached the bureau. The moment I entered Director Connelly’s cabin, seven pairs of eyes turned towards the door to glare at me.

“Oh! Welcome Officer Wingett, please come in, there is something I want to discuss with you,” Director Connelly was the first to speak.

“Hello, Wingett,” Weiss said as I passed her.

“Weiss,” I acknowledged, not sparing her a look.

“Officer, there is something I wanted to discuss with you,” the Director continued.

“Yes, sir?”

“Officer O’Conner’s statement proves that Frank Hope was armed and since you have been a conscientious member of the department from the time you have joined, the board has decided to acquit you and allow you rights of further work,”

“thank you, sir!,” there was no limit to my elation. I wanted to scream and let everybody know that I was thrilled.

But then something struck me as odd. If everything had been sorted out why was Alexandra here? And why did Nathan sound so hysterical on the phone?

I turned to look at the four members of my team that were present in the room. There expressions gave out nothing. That was the moment I understood there was a catch in whatever the Director had said.

“But?” I questioned, realizing he hadn’t finished his talk.

“But, officer, I personally think that you still incapable of handling leadership and the pressure that comes with it and this is the reason why I have called Officer Weiss. She will be leading your team from now on, including you. She has come here to guide you and your team so I expect full co-operation from your side. You will report to Officer Weiss Everyday and she will be the one to plan the days’ events, any questions?”

“Does it matter?” I muttered under my breath.

“You said something?” Director Connelly said.

“No, Sir,”

“So it’s final, you must hand over your reports to Alexandra so that she gets an idea of what you are up against. You can go now,” the Director dismissed us.

Alexandra was smirking when I looked at her. What wouldn’t have I given to see that smirk being wiped off her face. I walked out of the room as fast as I could and went into my office. Sighing I sat on my table and stared out of the window. Things had reached the level that I had to take orders from Weiss.

Susan and Nathan came into my office and sat on the spare chairs. There expressions mirrored mine.

“We need to talk,” I said, after pondering for a few minutes, “Meet me at the hospital, in Brian’s room after today’s shift.”

The two of them nodded silently.

At that precise moment Alexandra Weiss entered my cabin with a wicked grin plastered on her face.

*****************************************************************************

I am soooooooooooooo Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that this chapter has been so late and that it isn't as long as expected. The fact is, I have become crazily lazy in these past few days plus i have been having a serious writer's block......

Please bear with me.

Anyways, this chapter is in two parts. This is the first part and the second part will be uploaded quite soon.

And guys, there is an earnset request , please Comment and Vote.

Tell me if you like it or not. Let me know so that I can About any modifications that you want..

Love You All:)

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN.

I have dedicated this chapter to XxSkater2Girl16xX because she is my favourite auther on Wattpad and I am in love with all her stories<3

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...