I'm sorry, okay? /// a.i

By justmywonderwall

We all start off as strangers. More

prologue
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[afterward]

[eight]

21 0 0
By justmywonderwall

"On three?" I whispered.

Michael and Calum nodded in response.

"Pillows ready"

"One"

"Two"

"THREE!"

The three of us started smacking Luke repeatedly. I couldn't help but break into laughter. Luke curled into a protective ball after a few seconds of our attack.

"What the hell guys" he mumbled under hotel pillows.

"Wake up!" Calum shouted.

"We're going to be late" Michael added, setting his pillow down to psychically shake Luke.

He groaned once we stopped hitting him, and sprawled out on his back.

"We have to be at the radio station in twenty minutes. So haul ass" Michael demanded.

"Twenty minutes!? What time is it!?" he cried, sitting up.

"Seven forty" I told him, pulling on some shoes.

"Fuck no" he muttered.

"Get uppp" Calum laughed.

"I'm not a morning person. Just leave me here" he cried all to dramatically, falling back onto his bed.

In the end, it took all three of us to drag Luke out of bed. That took five minutes. Then making sure he looked presentable took ten. So we arrived ten minutes late to the station.

I remember people at the station yelling. I remember having to set up our band crap in a hurry.

But sure enough, we were set to play at eight thirty, like we were supposed to. The lesson learned here was, don't underestimate 5 Seconds of Summer. We were only fashionably late.

As we all took our seats, each one of us exchanged glances. It was just another show. Deep down though it wasn't. People were at home listening to us that truly cared for what we were doing. Our career was really taking off. So we had to play our best, no matter where we were playing. Whether it was now, or for our tour next year.

"1...2...3...4" Luke mumbled.

*

*

*

All of us were exhausted. Content, but exhausted. Sure it was late in the afternoon, but it'd been a long day. Calum, Michael and Luke were all playing video games they somehow managed to hook up into the hotel tv. I instead sat back and was more moral support than anything else.

"Luke, go LEFT!" Calum screamed, jerking his controller to his left.

"I'm trying!" Luke shot back.

I eyed Michael as he was intently trained on the screen. It almost made me laugh aloud.

Somehow over the blasting sound effects of the game, I heard my phone ring. I quickly answered without looking at who it was and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hey Ash!" shockingly, it was Lexie. Her voice was so cheerful it forced me to smile.

"Oh hey! Sorry, hold on. Let me get to somewhere quieter" I explained, completely leaving out hotel room.

"Yeah, what is all that noise? Am I calling at a bad time?" she wondered.

"Oh no! No!" I echoed.

"It's just the lads playing video games. It's okay now though. Sorry! I'll stop rambling. What's up?"

I heard her giggle a little, and I scrunched my nose up with a little smile.

"I just wanted to know if you were up for getting some food?" She suggested.

"Anything that gets me away from them" I told her jokingly.

"Okay, be ready in fifteen"

"What?" I questioned, but she had already hung up.

My first thought was, why was she picking me up? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Lexie definitely wasn't traditional. Maybe that's what interested me about her.

I shook the thoughts out of my head with a little shake. I decided to let happen whatever was going to happen. But before she came, I had to change out of my sweatpants. Who knows what place she had in mind. Was it fancy? Or more casual? I should've asked.

After I slid my card in the door, I stepped back into the hotel room. It seemed louder than ever actually. In fact, it was so loud that they didn't even acknowledge me entering.

So I went straight to my luggage, pulling out whatever I could find. Eventually I settled on a simple, yet casual outfit. Just hopefully Lex wasn't in a dress.

Then I ran down to the hotel's parking lot, looking for her car.

Soon her car pulled up, and I jumped into the passenger side.

"Put this on" she instructed, handing me a fake mustache.

I laughed.

"What?"

She smiled maniacally, peeling the mustache from the paper it was stuck too.

"Here you go" she began, pressing it onto my upper lip. It tickled.

I was beyond confused, but waited to hear the thinking behind her madness. But then she started driving and didn't speak another word.

"Are you going to explain yet?" I wondered, trying to hide my smile.

"Nope" she chirped, keeping her try's focused firmly on the road.

"Come onnnnn" I whined.

She didn't answer, but had this grin on her face.

So I sat back in my seat, poking and prodding at my new facial hair. The silence that hung in the air was a little bit awkward, I admit. But after about tweet minutes or so, we pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant.

"I know you can't be seen in public or something. Especially with a mystery girl as the paps would call it" Lexie began.

"No, it's-"

"Let me finish silly" she laughed, cutting me off.

"Okay, but I thought we could eat under fake names, use accents, be silly I don't know. But I hope the mustache will help hide your identity"

My smile broke into uncontrollable laughter. My hands held my sides. This girl was brilliant.

"Please, this is a nicer restaurant. I want to see how this goes down" I managed between breaths.

Once I got ahold of myself, the both of us climbed out of the car and made our way into the building.

"Table for two" Lexie states once we reached the hostess.

"Names?" she wondered, not even looking up from her chart.

"Hugh Janus" I said, eyeing Lexie. I watched as she tried to contain her laugh. Then she took a quick breath.

"Robyn Banks" she declared.

The hostess glared at both of us, before sighing all too loudly and grabbing two menus.

"Right this way" she called as she started moving fast. We followed her to a table for two in the way back of the building.

"A waiter will be right with you" the hostess said, seating us.

"Hugh Janus?" Lexie asked once the hostess was out of ear shot.

"Robyn Banks?" I wondered.

"Sorry that I didn't think it had to be dirty" she giggled picking up her menu.

I smirked, picking mine up too.

"We're so immature" I mumbled.

"Yeah, well with your mustache Mr. Janus, you look like a pedophile" Lexie said, peering over her menu to catch a glimpse of me.

"Fair enough" I muttered.

"So what are you in the mood for?" She questioned, referring to the menu.

"I don't know... I'm thinking steak?" I answered.

"I can't decide yet. What about you?"

"Easy!" she chirped.

"Lobster"

My eyes widened.

"Wow. No salad?" I wondered, but immediately regretted it.

"No Mr. Stereotypes" she said flatly.

We looked over our menus in silence for the next few minutes before our waiter came over.

"Hello, I'll be serving you this evening. Now what can I get Mr. Janus and Ms. Banks on this wonderful occasion?" he wondered, smirking.

Lexie burst into laughter on the spot. I on the other hand, turned to face him.

"Yeah about that" I began.

"Don't sweat it" the waiter said cutting me off.

"You guys are the talk among the staff tonight" he squatted down, resting his arms on the edge of the table.

"And honestly, this is the most exciting thing that's happened all month. It gets rather boring here. So thank you really" he said, lowering his voice to a whisper.

Then he shot back up, whipping out his notebook.

"Now what can I get you?" he wondered.

Lexie had finally gathered herself enough to tell him lobster and a water. Then I told him a medium-rare steak and a beer.

"That'll be right up. Along with my twenty dollars Jerry now owes me" the waiter mumbled as he left.

I turned back to Lexie after that. She was smiling as was I.

That's exactly when I knew I wanted that girl to be mine. I had to do something for her. Something big. I guess I had a lot of planning to do.

God, I was going crazy for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

842K 25.4K 61
A song brings two strangers together.