Uncharted: The Treasure of th...

By carpboy009

Nathan Drake was once again on another death defying adventure with his mentor and best friend Victor Sulliva... More

Chapter 1: A Treasure Beyond Gold and Jewels
Chapter 2: The Force Behind Uncertain Things
Chapter 4: The Jedi's Intervention
Chapter 5: The Jedi Home Front
Chapter 6: The Truth Behind Questions...

Chapter 3: The Thrill of the Chase

405 8 2
By carpboy009

HEY EVERYBODY THIS IS CARPBOY009 HERE!

Nothing new to report so far other than i'm still making and writing new chapters. New chapters will be up soon, just wait and see.

I honestly wish i could say more than that but there isn't really much else to say.

...So... Good talk.

This is a fanfiction, BUY THE MERCHENDICE!!

The Treasure which you think not worth taking trouble and pains to find, this alone is the real treasure you are longing for all your life. The glittering treasure you are hunting for day and night lies buried on the other side of that hill yonder – B. Traven

Nate had found himself wondering down the road once again. Heading back to the ally way that he found himself in. he needed a place to be alone for a small while and plan his escape. He could come up with a plan, go to the tourist spot Dexter had told him about, then wing it from there. No matter how much Nate wanted to believe that all that was a bunch of bullshit hoopla. 'did I seriously just think that? God... I'm becoming more like Sully every day.' He couldn't just shrug it off. Something was seriously wrong with this place. With the different people and aliens walking around. To the constant flying cars and floating ships everywhere. To the futuristic holograms that played freaky alien sci fi commercials. Nate wasn't in the Bermuda anymore.

"hagh..." he sighed. "Ok Nate, you need to find a way in that temple and find a map home." He looked up and noticed that there was at least two hours before the evening would come. He decided that he could find a way into the temple tomorrow morning. He could find a 'taxi' later to know where he could find it later. Right now he needed food. "heh. Starting to regret leaving the diner." He spoke to himself. His stomach was starting to grumble for not eating in three days. Ever since he had been in Porter Rico at the motel when Sully had eaten the last of the breakfast before they left. He never had anything the next day when they were on the island except for a few nutrition bars. And those did little to nothing to help ease the hunger.

Nate was walking down the street he had before and looked around for any kind of food joint. But the only problem was that this street seemed only to be full of clubs and other sady businesses that he knew would only spell trouble for him. So he kept on moving down. Eventually making his way to a small little store in the wall of a building that looked like some kind of food stand. Nate approached and sat down at the counter. He didn't know what to expect. Not only food wise but what kind of person was there. What he did expect was there would be SOME kind of food there and that would be enough. A Purple alien walked through the kitchen. In a way he looked a lot like that blue skinned alien that Nate met earlier that day. The only differences being that this was a guy and his skin was purple. 'are these guys always different colors or what?' he thought. Interrupting his thoughts was said purple alien speaking, interrupting his thoughts.

"Ahh. Welcome to The Food Alley. Only place this side of Corasant to give you decent food for half the price!" He said as he gestured towards the food in the glass shelving behind him. "Now my good sir what would you like?" He asked with his hands cupped. Making him look like your classic shady business dealer. Nate already didn't like what his prices were going to be but with little to no choice he decided to order something basic on his menu. The man brought out the dish simple food that is preferred by most commoners. The man asked for 25 credits. Nate pulled out all the little bits of gold and silver that he had only to get yelled at by the purple guy. "What you don't have the money!? Get out of my store! You degenerates always try to ruin my business with your credit less hides stinking up the place! GO!" he demanded. As he turned his head Nate noticed another customer coming into the small restaurant stand. The Purple man was distracted long enough for Nate to leave two of the smaller trinkets of the silver behind as he left with the bowl of food in hand. It wasn't until he was around thirty yards away when he heard a distinct but still very loud "HEY!" coming from the direction he left.

As he walked around he ate his food, keeping to the edge of the human/alien traffic. 'I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Aliens? I'm not even going to begin to comprehend this guy.' He thought as he looked into the direction of a giant white furred alien with some straw thing sticking out of its head where a mouth should be. 'he'd probably think it'd be offensive if I ask about it... I think it's a he...' Nate pondered this as he passed the creature. It looked at him and blinked its dark as night eyes and continued walking past.

Nate was now making his way to the same alley way that he woke up in. he figured that he could start exploring the city a little more but he wanted to double check make sure that he did have anything and he wasn't forgetting anything important. Plus it was getting to be evening. The golden sunset among the town behind him being the key factor. And what's one night on solid metal/concrete going to do for his already sore back. If anything it might help him. But then again he'd have to be careful for any looters that come to try and steel anything off of him while he slept. Even though he was a light sleeper that could wake up if he even felt so much as any kind of danger around, blood loss of any kind can make sleep last longer than intentions allowed. With the blood he could already had lost he could be asleep for at least more than a day!

Nate was a few buildings away from where he found himself today. He could tell because of the design and graffiti on the corner that he sat down on to try and comprehend all the new things around him. In a way he was still trying to find a way to comprehend it. But he figured he'd either wake up in a warm bed, or on a sandy beach back in the Bermuda now that he thought about it, and be back home. With a plane full of Spanish gold and jewels, and an apology for Elena. 'Or you know, back in this confusing shit show.' Nate was making his way for his corner when he heard voices coming from the alley way. There weren't as many people on the street as there were earlier today so he could almost clearly make out what specific conversations were being said.

He started to slow down. He approached and leaned on the wall close enough to the end to hear what they were saying, but also being hidden among the other homeless people who gathered around the place. Apparently from listening before he ever got back to this part of the street, there was a homeless shelter nearby. It was convenient. Maybe he didn't have to sleep on the concrete ground tonight. But first he needed to know what was going on. Maybe some kind of argument with two homeless people or some kind of shady deal in the making being the more likely. Through his brief time walking around in wherever the hell he is, he could tell that just by looking at people. From how they walked and acted, to the way they talked. That there were plenty of shady people in this neighborhood.

He leaned closer and could now almost hear perfectly what they were saying. There were several people talking. One sounded like a man with some experience behind his voice. Not too rough but not too soft. Almost like Elena in that sense. The other was a woman with more of a younger pitch to it. Like she was grown up but a piece of her just didn't want to. She sounded more along the lines of a kid but he couldn't assume anything just yet. The next couple voices were almost one in the same. But had a kind of static to them. Maybe some kind of radio? Then just like that the other two started talking. Now Nate really started paying attention to the voices. Wanting to know what was happening.

"What do you think Snips? These are the right coordinates right? So where is the source the council said would be here? Because I don't see anything other than trash and a disposal bin." The man's voice said.

"I don't know master. Maybe they miscalculated? If they did they weren't too far off. Whatever caused everyone at the temple to collapse like that is definitely around here somewhere. I can sense it." The younger girls voice said. Talking with confidence at the last part.

'Source? Council? Collapse? Master?... Snips? What the hell kind of a name is that? Ok Nate, focus. What council are they talking about? That the government here or something? Makes sense to me. What Collapse though... and what source?... and what the hell kind of name is Snips?' Nate pondered as he continued listening.

"I can sense It too... it's closer than we think, but... I can't pinpoint it exactly. We'll just have to fan out and search the district. Whatever the source is, it couldn't have gotten far. Weather someone took it or if it's actually a being, we find it and bring it before the council. Understood?" the first voice asked.

Then out of nowhere several of the blurred, static-y voices shouted "Sir, Yes Sir!" to where even a couple people on the street turned their heads. Nate without having to look into the alley way could tell that these were soldier types. 'Maybe one of those 'cloners' Dexter was talking about. Not good if I get into trouble... Good thing I'm finding a bed to sleep in'. He thought as he slowly backed away from the corner. He moved a couple feet from the corner to look as inconspicuous as possible. (Damn that's a big word to spell) He was about to move into the line at a couple blocks away from their where all the other homeless people are making for when he heard a static-y voice from his left speak out "Excuse me, sir?" Nate knew who that was. One of those 'cloner' soldiers was talking. But he didn't think much about it. Shrugging it off as them asking for another person's attention. But again after walking a few more feet he heard "Sir? I'd like to speak with you." This got his attention. Nate turned his head stopping in the middle of the road just several yards from the alley way. He looked to find two men in all white armor walking down the road from where he came from the opposite side of the Homeless shelter, in the direction that Nate had come from earlier on his way back to the Alley.

These Men looked like future soldiers alright. Their white armor from head to toe, with some kind of gel like suit under. Their helmets had some kind of black visor that was thin in a T shape with an upside down V attached to the bottom of the T. How could they see with those on? He had no clue. In a way they almost gave off a mid-evil knight feeling. But with a future design. Their weapons were the next thing that Nate noticed. The looked like some kind of small SMG. But the barrel was way too big to be one. It looked like it could be half the size of a grenade! They had something sticking out the side of it. It looked more or less like the ammo magazine. The two soldier boys came walking towards Nate in an almost perfect military stride that they mirrored each other almost exact. The one on the right placing his hand out in a 'halt' position while the other kept both hands on his gun.

"Excuse me sir. I'm going to have to ask you a couple questions." The one on the right said. His voice was once again static-ish.

'Maybe it IS the helmets that make them sound like that.' Nate thought. Then he asked them. "Uh... why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Well were out here on patrol when we see you acting suspicious on that corner there. The same corner that several of our fellow troopers and some Jedi were talking in so we'd figured we'd come to discuss what was going on. You mind telling us what you were doing there civilian?" this was the solder on the left that spoke. His head bobbing up and down, giving the appearance that he was indeed talking. In a way it kind of helped.

"Oh... uh..." Nate had to think of something fast. "You see, I was about to go into the alley way for the night. It's... been my sort of home for the last couple of days. Well I heard some voices coming from there so I figured I'd wait for them to leave. And well they didn't so I... just decided I'd use the little money I found lying around the past few weeks to get me a room in the shelter for a night." He finished his lie. 'Nailed it!' he mentally congratulated himself.

"Hmm..." the first trooper sighed in thought. With the helmets on the troopers were a little intimidating. They may not be built big or even as tall as Nathan. He stood over them by at least a head. They still had the guns at the ready and probably would call their buddies in the Alleyway if he tried anything.

Nate looked away for a split second 'speaking of which... ah, crap.'

Out of the Alley way was another soldier coming through the small groups of people towards them. Standing in the alley were two other people. Most likely the man and woman that he heard talking earlier, the only thing troubling him were the brown cloaks they wore with their hoods on. From here he couldn't get a look at their faces. They looked shadowed in and mysterious. Obviously so. The other soldier however was completely different looking from his counter parts. Where the other soldiers were in all white body armor, this soldier had a lot of blue color to it. His entire body armor set had blue lines and designs all over. He had some kind of shoulder plating on his right shoulder with some kind of cloth covering his back legs down to the knees. It also had two pistol holsters. That, of course, had two pistols holstered. On his helmet however was some kind of antenna. Probably a built in radio inside his helmet. 'didn't' the U.S. military have something like that already? Or is this just brand new? Whatever it is couldn't have come from any old mercenary group. Even the ones with the most up to date hardware wouldn't be able to afford anything like this.' Nate finished his thought as the new character approached the trio of soldiers and undercover treasure hunter in the street.

His voice was the same as the other two yet somehow unique. More of a commanding, yet understanding voice. But still muffled by the slight sound of static through the helmet. "Catcher. 3's. you boys mind telling me why you're not patrolling the parimit-" He stopped when his sight fell upon Nate. He didn't show it physically, having the lax attitude about the situation but he mentally tensed up. "Troopers. What's going on?" The new character asked. This was either going to end well or bad. He would have to try and talk his way out of this one. Or at the very least get a ticket for loitering and be sent on his way.

"Captain." The Trooper, now known as Catcher, spoke.

'Captain? Well shit.' Nate thought as he watched the new soldier walk towards them. "We found this civilian by the corner of the alley where you and the General were debriefing. We watched him make his leave and we intercepted him to ask him some questions." Nate took a mental note to always remember that even if he hadn't already learned from experience. The Soldier types, weather bribed or persuaded, will always rat you out.

The other Trooper, 3's, spoke next. As the captain stopped in between the two soldiers. "Says he was waiting for you to leave so he could sleep there for the night. Also said he got tired of waiting, so he left for the homeless shelter." As he spoke the 'Captain' put his hands on his hips and watched Drake. If he knew any better, he could almost think that the 'Captain' was thinking about what his game was. It was hard to tell with the helmet. Did he know that Nate's story was a lie? God, he hoped not. He didn't need any more shit to deal with. Especially in this crazy ass town.

The Captain turned around to look at the two unknowns still standing in the corner watching them. He could tell they were discussing something between each other from how their heads and arms were moving. But about what? He couldn't hear. But he would bet it had something to do with them. The mystery duo looked at the captain. The taller man shook his head in a nod, to where the captain nodded in return. As this happened Nate couldn't help but give a worried and confused look. The captain turned to look back at Nate. "Alright Civi, come with us. Some Jedi would like a word with you."

This made Nate go wide eyed. "Wait, why!? Am I arrested? For what? Waiting to go to sleep?" Nate wanted to not make a scene but get a point across. The soldiers only stood there not moving and not saying anything Nate wanted to hear.

"Sir, they still wish to talk to you." The captain tried again. Failing once again.

"Yeah? Well just tell them the same thing I told you. I'm sorry but I'm getting tired and I need to find somewhere to sleep tonight. I have a busy day tomorrow and I need to be well rested for-" Nate was interrupted by the captain.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Really I am. But that doesn't excuse that two Jedi are requesting you speak to them. I'm only doing my job." He spoke. Nate had to add, 'voice of reason' to the list of what this man sounded like.

"I know that but I need to get going. Tell them I said I'm sorry, maybe some other time, like tommorow." Nate turned around and was about to walk farther when the sound of metal clicking and some kind of weird spring sound went off. Nate was confused at first but when he looked forward and noticed that some people in front of him had gotten wide eyes and started backing away he had a good Idea of what those sounds were. Nate slowly turned around to find all three soldiers were pointing their guns at him. The captain only having one of his two pistols out. Nate slowly raised both of his hands in the air to head level. When he did this he noticed that the two cloaked mystery Jedi were already walking towards them. His attention was back on the captain who tensed his arm again to make a point.

"By order of the Republic you are under arrest, for suspicion of crimes committed against the Jedi order."

He was surprised that was for sure. "Wha- I didn't do anything!" he protested to no avail.

"Yeah, tell it to the Jedi." The Captain reached around at his back and pulled out what appeared to be hand cuffs. By this sight Nate knew he had to get out of their and out of their fast. There really wasn't any where to go if he glanced around. There were people gathering in large groups around the scene as it happened. The cloaked strangers making their way towards them had to even maneuver past them and squeeze through a couple groups before making it to the opening. With that information he decided to wing it and try to escape. 'What's the worst that could happen? Them shoot me? I've already been shot! TWICE!!' With that in mind he waited for the captain of the group to pull out the handcuffs a little farther.

Nate took his chance and grabbed his arm as quick as a he could and shoved him into one of the other soldiers. Knocking them both to the ground. He then used his momentum to grab the gun of the remaining soldier and kicked him back to the ground away from the other two. He quickly turned his head to find the cloaked mystery Jedi were now moving through the bystanders considerably fast. Nate knowing running with a gun in his hands would only slow him down, no matter how honest to god light it felt, He quickly turned around and ran throwing the gun on the ground towards one of the downed soldiers making their way back on his feet. Nate had to push through a couple people before breaking free from the group of aliens and human looking people that had huddled around them. When he was free of the group he ran as fast as he could without having to sprint to save a little energy for when he needed it.

As he ran, Nate could hear a rhythm of movement behind him. Not relatively close but far enough for them to clearly see him. He then heard "STOP IN THE NAME OF THE REPUBLIC!" come from behind him. Nate, while running, took a glance behind him to find all three soldiers running with guns out after him. As well as the other two from before just a few feet in front of the soldiers. Nate then continued running forward feeling the drag of the wind brushing past as he ran with the cloak on. He ran down the street realizing that he was going nowhere fast. So he decided to turn left at an upcoming alley. He moved through a small group of talking humans and bumped into one of them as he sped through. Nearly crashing into the building wall in the process. As he sped down the alley he noticed some metal crates of some kind along the wall. Waiting for the right moment he grabbed the crates and knocked them all down on the ground in an attempt to slow them down or block off some part of their chase. He kept running and glanced back again. To see that the entire group had easily jumped over the poor excuse of an obstacle. Feeling a little pissed off right now, Nate decided to try his luck with another alley way as he ran through the streets of whatever the fuck Corasant town this is. He sped through to people on the other side. Assuming that it was a busy looking street he decided to try and hid among the crowd. Still running for his life he made it to the street only to find little more than... 1,2,3,4,5... 10 people there! He continued to run down the street to immediately regret his decision.

It looked like a dead end alley way that the only thing around were old abandoned buildings around with no way out but the way he came or further down the street. Or through the buildings if he got lucky. He tried to turn around to slow down when he saw the group of five run past his only chance of escape. They all found him standing in the open with nowhere to run. They all got into a half circular line surrounding his way out. Nate could feel in his gut that he was screwed. He could also feel a lot of pain. That was slowly building the more he thought about it. The wound must've opened up in the front because he could feel the make shift bandage was wet with blood when he reached to feel it. However, it must've just started to bleed because it didn't stain his hand yet. But the makeshift bandage wouldn't last for long and he knew that he needed some actual bandages or treatment to stop it this time. Looking back up at his chasers they were all still surrounding his escape. The captain now having both of his pistols out and pointing at him. The two soldiers on the left side of the captain with weapons at the ready. And the two cloaked Jedi strangers standing there in a small stance with no weapons drawn.

Nate slowly backed away towards an abandoned building. He noticed before that there were some metal trash dumpsters just along the side walk he could use for cover if he had to. He slowly backed away more only for the group to take a few steps closer. Nate was now far enough away to roll behind the dumpster and try to shoot his way out if he could. He looked back at his pursuers still in his way for freedom. He noticed the man in the cloak take one step closer than the others. "You're surrounded and there is no way out of this. You are coming with us to the temple. I'd suggest coming quietly." He spoke with a dangerous tone of voice in the last part. It was starting to get pretty crowded in the alley way. the group was now at least twenty yards away from Nate. One clean shot from any gun, no matter how ridiculous they look, could put him down if he wasn't careful.

This time the younger cloaked woman spoke to him, trying to be as threatening as her partner. "There's no point. Give up now or we WILL use force!" she said loudly enough to make it pretty clear. This wasn't going to end well. Nate was going to have to think of something. He mentally panicked when suddenly a small light bulb went off.

'There's no way this is going to work.' he thought "Ok, ok... I surren- OH GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" he screamed as loud as he could hoping to distract the group. The group of the three soldiers and two cloaked strangers all turned their heads in the direction behind them. 'I can't believe that worked!' he thought to himself. He suddenly turned and did a roll into cover behind the space dumpster. By the time the others had turned back it looked as if he disappeared. Nate was behind cover now contemplating what to do next. He heard a couple startled and shocked gasps as well as a "He's Gone!" from one of the soldiers. He started to think that he had just preformed a miracle. Until...

"Really... did you just hide behind a disposal bin?" that was the younger girl of the group. Did she see him last minute? Or was it that obvious?

"...Maybe..." was all he could think to say. There wasn't much of a choice in options now. It was either fight or flight. And he would have to fight before the later.

The man once again spoke up. "Snips, Rex you two stay here, Catcher, 3's. you're with me." He finished ordering. Nate knowing what would happen if he let them any closer was starting to panic.

Nate went for his gun in his holster under the cloak while still behind cover. He cocked it back putting the .45 bullet in the chamber. 'Guess I really have to fight it out huh.' He asked himself. After a few seconds and some shifting sounds from behind the dumpster he waited for the right moment to strike. He looked behind him towards the building and found something he didn't notice before. There were small gaps and cracks in the wall of the building that he could use to escape from the streets and get to the roof tops. That would have to be his escape route if he was blocked from the street.

Nate calmed himself down, waited two seconds and rose out of cover aiming his pistol at the closest soldier in white. He fired at the soldier three times watching him stumble back and then immediately got into cover. He heard one of the other soldiers shout "Weapons free!" before raising again to fire at the other two soldiers several times each. With this the soldiers stumbled back in surprise before the captain fired his own weapons at Nate. He could've sworn that he saw a deep blue light escape the weapon when it fired and fly towards him. He would've stared longer if the light hadn't hit the dumpster giving a tiny forceful and powerful blast affect. The force of the impact made Nate duck down quickly. "JESUS!" he shouted. "what the hell kind of guns are those!" he talked to himself. He rose again to fire at the captain who once again stumbled back. His gun clicked empty. He ducked down once again to reload, emptying the magazine for a fresh one. '6 left.' He thought, pulled back on the gun and loaded the bullet in the chamber.

What he heard next both shocked him and horrified him to some extent. "Sir. He's using slug rounds. They can't penetrate our armor!" one of the soldiers shouted.

"Hold your fire, Hold your fire!" this was the man in the cloak. Nate with all his senses urging him not to, he slowly peaked over his makeshift barricade. He saw the man start walking towards him and remove his hood. He was around five yards away. Too close for comfort in Nate's opinion. He raised and pointed his gun using both hand to steady his aim. This cause the other soldiers to stiffen even more but were only stopped when the man raised his left arm. Then he reached for his belt and pulled out some kind of metal object. It wasn't a gun and it wasn't a blade of any kind. But it looked like some kind of remote. The man then pushed a bottom on the strange device.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 391 27
It had been three years since Caeli had taken a job with Nathan Drake, when she was suddenly called by him, asking for help to sneak into a black mar...
28.2K 721 14
Nathan and (y/n) Drake, twin siblings that are supposed descendants of the explorer Sir Francis Drake, seek the lost treasure of El Dorado, with the...
107K 2.4K 37
Lost. Not gone. There's a difference. If something's lost, it can be found. Nathan Drake x fem! reader. I do not own Uncharted or any of the charact...
2.6K 33 11
After uncovering the lost coffin of Sir Francis Drake, friends Nathan Drake and Ella Davis seek out the fabled El Dorado with the help of journalist...