Please Don't Go

By piggy8

She knows, he doesn't. This is a story about Lila and Sam's love. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Nine

77 3 0
By piggy8

Hey der! Happy fourth of July even though I really don't care. I'm just happy to get a day off haha.

Chapter Nine

Today was the day. Lila’s first date of her life.

“Do you want me to curl your hair?” Morgan asked Lila, excitement in her voice. Lila shook her head.

“No. I don’t want to go overboard. Sam and I have hung out so many times, I don’t want to over do it.”

Morgan nodded her head, understanding what she was saying.

“But, I don’t wear make up very much, does this look good?” Lila turned her head away from the mirror and blinked her eyes at Morgan.

“Hun, you have some of the best eye lashes I’ve seen. You look beautiful.”

Lila looked in the mirror again and let out a nervous sigh.

“If you say so.”

“You’re lucky you haven’t lost your hair.” Morgan ran her hand through Lila’s long hair and smiled.

“Yet.” Lila breathed.

“Yet?”

“I think I want to go through chemo.” Lila muttered.

“Honey, you heard what the doc said-“

“I know!” Lila cut Morgan off. “But I want to give it a shot. What if it helps?”

Morgan sighed and shook her head, “you could give it a shot. But you should be meeting up with Sam, you told him to meet you at the beach, right?”

Lila nodded and stood up, “yeah, I decided to meet him instead of trying to explain to him why I’m here.”

“You know you’re going to have to-“

“I will. Not tonight. I want tonight to be great!” Lila sighed, smiling up at Morgan. Morgan sighed back and shook her head. Morgan just wanted Lila to be happy.

“Fine, get going, girl.” Morgan gave Lila a little pat on the butt, causing Lila to give a little squeal before scurrying out her room door.

Sam was early. A little too early possibly. And Gina was with him.

“You can go now.” Sam muttered towards the pixie like girl.

Gina took a huge bite of her ice cream and smacker her lips loudly, “no. We need to confront her of this James guy.”

Sam rolled his eyes. “No. We don’t. I can, but I won’t.”

“Are you a poetry writer?”

“Go away Gina!” Sam groaned and slumped down on the bench they were sitting on.

“Well if you won’t confront her, how about make her a little jealous? I mean, she made you jealous with James.”

“I am not jealous…”

“Denial!” Gina sang out and leaned over closer to Sam. Sam shrugged her off and told her to go home.

“Fine, but maybe I’ll make an appearance at the movie and saunter over and say hello.” She stood up and waved her fingers at Sam, “good luck!”

Sam rolled his eyes again. What is wrong with her, Sam thought.

“Sam! Sorry I’m late!”

Sam jumped and looked up to his left to see Lila with a big smile on her face.

“Lila! You look great!” Sam spoke out before he could think. Both of them blushed at Sam’s words and Lila tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear.

“Thanks. You’re not too shabby yourself.” She joked. Sam shook his head and stood up, “no really. Nice make up.” He blurted out.

Lila laughed, “thanks I guess.”

“Sorry, guess I’m a little nervous.” Sam chuckled.

“So what movie are we going to see?” Lila decided to try and break the awkwardness.

“I decided on a classic.” Sam smirked. He was proud of his choice.

“A classic?” Lila quirked her eyebrow.

“Yeah, awhile ago, a friend and I were wondering around town when I first moved in and we found this movie theatre that plays classic movies. Guess what they’re playing tonight?” Sam grinned.

Lila shrugged. “What?”

“Sixteen Candles!”

Lila grinned and then narrowed her eyes toward Sam.

“How did you know that’s my favorite movie from the 80’s?”

“Lucky guess.” Sam started strutting towards the theatre, utterly proud of himself. Lila walked next to Sam with ease. She never felt so comfortable with someone before. They made it to the movie and Sam bought them the tickets, even though Lila complained that she didn’t get to at least pay for her ticket. Sam wasn’t going to let her pay for anything tonight. It was all on him.

Before the two of them walked into the theatre, they heard someone calling Sam’s name.

Sam cringed and slowly turned around.

“Why?” He whispered. Lila eyed Sam suspiciously and followed his gaze and saw a girl, not much taller than she was with hair that was chopped up near her ears.

“Who’s that?” Lila asked Sam, not taking her eyes off the girl.

“A nuances.” Sam replied darkly.

Lila looked away from the girl and looked up at Sam, confused.

“Hey, didn’t think I’d run into you here!” Gina nudged Sam with her elbow, and gave him a little wink. Sam shook his head.

“Go away, Gina, you’re ruining things.” Sam muttered under his breath, just loud enough for Gina to hear.

“Oh, who’s this?” Gina asked, eyeing Lila.

“I’m Lila.” Lila smiled warmly at Gina.

“I’m Gina. Apparently, Sam isn’t a gentleman enough to introduce his date to me.” Gina joked. Lila gigged and nodded her head, “that’s what I say!”

Sam turned pink and shook his head. “Shut up guys!”

“Well, have fun at your movie, I’m going to watch Ghost Busters with my girlies over there. Bye Sam, see you in class!” Then Gina bopped over to her group of friends leaving Sam with his jaw set in a scowl.

“I hate her.” He muttered and Lila smiled.

“That’s the girl you used to complain about all the time, the one that’s in love with you. She seems sweet.”

Sam laughed, “you don’t know her like I do, let’s go watch the cheesy 80’s movie.” Sam slung his arm around Lila’s shoulders and guided her to the theatre.

“I love that movie.” Lila sighed. “The love is so perfect.”

“The love? You were not focused on the love, you were focused on the dude that plays Jake Ryan.”

Lila grinned, “well duh! He’s so dreamy.”

“And old. He’s old now. Is he even alive?” Sam shot back.

“Aw, are you jealous?” Lila teased.

“No. He’s old now, he’s no compotation. However…” Sam hesitated before he brought up James. Should I really bring this up during our date? Sam wondered. He shook his head. No, he shouldn’t.

“Where are we going to dinner?” He nudged her lightly and she looked up at him.

“Pasta.” She hummed out.

“What?” Sam laughed.

“Let’s eat pasta.”

“You didn’t actually choose where to go, did you?” Sam sighed out with a smile on his face.

“Nope! But pasta sounds amazing right now!” Lila rubbed her stomach at the thought of pasta.

“Let’s go to Geraldo’s.” Lila stopped walking and looked at Sam with wide eyes.

“The spaghetti there is to die for-“ Lila stopped talking when she realized what she said.

“The spaghetti is good. Let’s go.” Lila ducked her head.

Sam noticed Lila’s change in mood and boldly took her hand and tugged her forward to get her to start walking again.

“What’s wrong?” He asked her softly.

Lila’s eyes were glued on their intertwined hands and she felt her heart flutter.

“Nothing! I’m super hungry! Let’s go get some pasta!” Lila forced smile on her face, not wanting to feel down for her stupid choice of words.

Sam nodded his head slowly. He didn’t want to ignore Lila’s mood change, but she obviously didn’t want to talk about it so he said, “Pasta it is!”

---------

Vote, Comment, Hugs, Smile ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 0 35
When Hailey moves into a new town she instantly clicks with Lucas and his friends. The only problem is Hailey found out that her cancer has returned...
751 294 35
An excerpt: Dear You, To be honest I've known you for a long time. Start from our primary grade up to now. You are one of the most popular boys...
2K 159 31
Cal and Lilly are inseparable by love, and they plan on being together forever, until life takes a unexpected turn. They fight to stay together, not...
42 0 34
Sam is gay but can't seem to come out, Lilly is in love but can't hide. Can their relationship survive with these sides of the story?