Chapter One

HEY! I know I havne't posted anything good in forever..but this story is why!! I've been working on it for a long time and I've finshed it, so now I'm ready to post it. Hope you like it!!

*NOT EDITED YET. I WAS TOO EXCITED TO EDIT IT ALL BEFORE I POSTED IT** 

Chapter One

Lila sighed as she walked along the shore. She breathed in the salty air and felt her shoulders relax. This was the only place where she felt at peace. Where she felt safe. The beach had always been her home.

“Lila! Morgan is looking for you!” Lila looked over her shoulder and waved her hand in response. “I’m coming!”

She took one last look at the sea before she turned on her heel and trudged back up the sand.

Who is that girl? I’ve been seeing her for the past few months. Sam thought to himself as he watched the girl with the long, sandy brown hair in a pure white dress walk away.

Sam has been visiting the beach everyday at two because he knows that she’ll most likely be there. He discovered her about three months ago, when he first moved to this small town.  Sure, he feels like a stalker, but he couldn’t help himself. There was just something about her.

She had the beautiful long hair that Sam has always had the soft spot for, and she was tall and slender. Almost model like. She had pale skin and deep green eyes. Sam only knows that she has green eyes because once, he stood in line behind her at the little coffee hut that was on the left end of the beach and she accidently ran into him. She apologized with a soft voice before quickly walking away to the right side of the beach, which rarely had many people.

Sam shook his head to stop his daydreaming.

“Sam!”

Sam looked over his shoulder and saw a short blond haired girl with a pixie cut bounding her way towards him. Sam tired not to groan. Gina. Sam can’t stand Gina. She’s way too clingy. Sam plastered a big smile on his face and waved a little.

“Hey Gina. How are you?” Sam sat down on the sand and took his homework out of his bag.

“Oh god I’m so tired!” Gina plopped down next to him, dropping her bag and spilling all her books out in the process.

“Whoops!” She giggled. “Do you like your classes?” She asked as she started to gather them all up. Both of them went to the same college and had two classes together.

Sam nodded his head and smiled a little. “It’s all fun.”

“My favorite classes are Marine Biology and English.” Gina gushed. Sam tired not to roll his eyes. Those were the two classes they had together.

“I like my languages class.” Sam shrugged and looked over the spot where his mystery girl liked to stand. She would always look out to sea. She had such a relaxed look on her face, but her eyes always looked so sad.

“Hello? Earth to Sam!” Gina waved her arms around in front of him.

“Huh? What?” Sam asked stupidly.

“You’re thinking about her again?” Gina asked, almost glumly.

“Who?”

“The girl with the long brown wavy hair. And don’t lie to me. You’ve been watching her for weeks!” Gina looked down at her books and sighed.

More like months Sam thought to himself than shook his head, realizing how creepy he actually sounded.

“Well-“ He started but Gina cut him off.

“Why don’t you talk to her?”

“Wh-what? Why would I do that?”  Sam felt a blush creep its way up his neck.

“Well you’re obviously interested in her. I can see why. She’s so tall and skinny and I would do anything to have her hair.” Gina blew strands of her bangs out of her face and looked out at the water with almost the same look in her eyes as the mystery girl.

“You’ll thank me one day, for making you go and talk to her.” Gina shoved her book bag on her shoulder before saying a quick goodbye and then scurrying off to the busier side of the beach.

Sam felt guilty as he watched her go, but a feeling of relief washed over him as well. Now he was alone, and now he could come up with a good plan to talk to the mystery girl.

“How are you feeling today Miss Gibson?” The doctor asked Lila as she positioned her self more comfortably in her hospital bed. “I’m fine. And you can just call me Lila, I’ve been telling you this all year, Doctor Hines.” Lila smiled kindly at the young doctor.

“Of course.” Dr. Hines smiled. “We got the results from the tests we ran yesterday.”

Lila’s heart started to hammer in her chest.

“Just tell it to me straight.” Her voice was shaking a little and she clutched onto her blankets for dear life.

“We’ve already called your family, and they’ll be here as soon as possible.”

Just tell me already! Lila screamed in her head, but simply nodded, telling Doctor Hines to continue.

“The tests are positive.” Dr. Hines hung his head slightly. Lila gasped and clasped a hand over her mouth to help her from crying. She knew this was coming. But hearing it only makes it more real.