I'll Protect You, I Promise

By BrokenCelestial

Steve would do anything for his oldest friend. And sometimes that means holding him through night terrors oth... More

The Calm
Kill
Strawberries
The Call
Broken Pieces of a Man
Moments of Heaven
Wake Up Call
Visitor
Doritos and Tequila
Hangover
Before
A Long Bus Ride, a Homophobic Woman, and Another Call
A Little Help
Eternity
Um...Awkward
Cards on the Table
Ice Box
The Storm
Note(There is one more chapter after this)
When In Love

Well Frickity-Frack

510 12 15
By BrokenCelestial

This chapter was named by my friend(her Instagram: @madamebirbo) The inspiration for this chapter also came from her. Thank you so much for your weird ideas! And at her request, she'd like you to know that she is a full worshiper of Klance and she's like to tell you 'an avacado...thanks'

"Bucky," Steve said, trying to get his attention, "Bucky."

Bucky turned to glare at him, his hand still playing with the window controls. "What."

"Please stop playing with the window."

"I'm not playing with it!"

"Yes, you are." Steve insisted, "Now stop, I'm trying to focus on driving." 

"Now stop, I'm trying to focus on driving." Bucky mocked, making his voice an octave higher.

"Really?" Steve grimaced. His knuckles started to turn white with the pressure he was gripping the steering wheel with.

"Sorry, I'm just, uh," Bucky looked out the window, "Oh, look! A rest stop! Can we stop, I'm hungry!"

"No, we'll stop in an hour."

"But-"

Steve cut Bucky off, "No, we'll stop in an hour."

Bucky pouted and went back to looking out the window. He rested his elbow against the door, putting all of his weight on it. He watched the people in their cars. There was a certain way they acted like they were in a different world. It was amazing to watch people acting so careless, yet they had somewhere important to be. There was one car with a girl, she was singing and dancing to the music as tears she most likely was trying to hide fell down her face. There was another with a tired mother driving and two kids in the back who looked like they were fighting each other.

He couldn't help but smile at the children. They were innocent and pure and the way they waddled around was adorable.

"Hey, Steve," Bucky asked quietly, "Can we ever have children? Would that be a thing that we could do?"

Steve turned the radio down and quietly stated, "One day, when this is all over, we can have kids and live in a house with a garden. I promise that you will get an ending that you deserve."

Bucky moved to face Steve, "Aw, baby, don't cry." He moved his hand to wipe the tears falling from Steve's eyes.

"How hungry are you?" Steve asked abruptly.

Bucky squinted at him, "I don't know, are we going to stop for food."

"Maybe, but that depends on how hungry you are."

"Well," Bucky said carefully, "I'm very hungry."

"Then let's eat, there a reststop in 3 miles."

"Oh thank god,"

Steve tried to smile, but he couldn't stop hearing what Bucky had said. Can we have children? Is that a thing we can do?  How could he tell him that once you're in this game, you can ever leave? There's always something, Clint knows that more than anyone. He had a wife and kids and is 'retired' but he always is dragged back in. You can't ever stop, even if that's all you want.

He shook the thoughts out of his head, he needed at least some peace from everything thing that was following him. Maybe, Bucky being so hungry and demanding food would actually get his mind to stop thinking all the time. 

Steve turned into the rest stops parking lot, taking a spot closest to the door.  He got out and walked to the door of the building, it wasn't anything special, it looked like every other place along the road.

Bucky caught up to him and opened the door, letting him go in first.

"Thank you," Steve mumbled.

They scanned the place and Bucky found somewhere to eat. He pointed to the burger king. "Can we eat there?"

Steve looked at Bucky's puppy dog eyes, "Sure, Buck. Whatever you want."

Bucky smiled and dragged Steve into the line.

(I've never been to burger king, so yes, nothing will be acuate. Though, I'll assume they sell burgers. They sell burgers right?)

"We only have," Steve took out his wallet, "$25, so don't get everything."

"Okay," Bucky looked up and scanned the menu. 

After looking at the menu for a few short seconds, Bucky knew exactly what he was going to get, a cheeseburger. And Steve, he wasn't going to eat whatever it was. The food sure didn't look real and even super serum couldn't stop food poisoning. He decided to get fries. 

The two of them stood in line, behind a roudy family,conisting of three young boys, two girls, a baby and two eexausted parents. The mother kept giving simpathetic looks and appologising to the young worker was too tired to care.

It took a few minutes but Steve and Bucky finally made it to the register, against Steve hopes.

"What can I get you today?" The girl taking the orders said, not looking up from the register.

"A cheeseburger," Bucky said happily.

"Okay." She typed something into the machine.

"Just a small side of fries," Steve said as he took out the cash.

"That'll be, 6.89" She held her hand out and Steve placed the ten in her hand.

"Just keep the change." He said.

That changed her mood immediately. She flashed him a bright smile, put the change in the tip jar, and twirled it light blonde hair around her fingers. She started at him out from under her eyelashes.

"Thank you," She said sweetly, biting her lip. She paused, looking at the line behind them, and stopped. "Your order will be up in a few minutes, so just stand over there. Have a nice day!"

Steve smiled at her and thanked her, Bucky stood behind him, glaring at the girl. They walked to where she pointed to wait for their food. Bucky continued to glare at her.

"She was flirting with you," Bucky stated.

Steve looked at him confused. "She was?"

"Yes, idiot, she was. How did you not notice?" Bucky watched her, "She keeps looking at you and smiling." Then much quieter he stated, "You idiot, he's taken."

"I wasn't looking to see if she was flirting and should it matter, I wasn't flirting back."

Bucky grumbled and crossed his arms.

"Bucky," Steve pleaded, "Come on, it doesn't matter if she flirted with me, I only have eyes for one person!"

Bucky looked up at him, his eyes big and filled with hope. He whispered, but it was almost inaudible, "Don't you dare say Carter."

Steve looked at him, a gasp on the edge of his lips. "God no. No! Bucky-"

He cut him off, "Please save it, I'm hungry."

"Order 69," A male said, placing the bag of food on the counter.

Bucky went to grab it as Steve started to find a seat. They found a table by the window. They sat down and ate in silence. While they ate, the sky filled with thick clouds and soon it started to sprinkle. Then it started to pour.

"Well, fuck," Bucky mumbled, crumbling the cheeseburger wrapper into a ball.

"Langauge," Steve muttered. He wasn't feeling up to an argument, so the word was only half felt, but the other male hadn't wanted to fight either. Everything was passed over. 

When Steve was done, Bucky gathered the trash and tossed it into the trashcan, conveniently 4 feet away. Bucky stood up, hovering over the end of the table.

"What?" Steve looked up at the concerned Bucky.

"We should get back to the car before the rain picks up anymore."

Steve agreed and they headed to the door of the building. Steve glanced at Bucky. His face was hard set, whether it was set with a purpose or hurt, Steve wasn't sure. He just knew he had to fix it.

 "I unlocked the car, so we should make a run for it," Steve said as they stood outside the doors, under the covering.

"Okay." Bucky agreed.

The two men ran through the rain, careful not to run into anyone. By the time they were inside the car, they were soaked head to toe. Steve turned the car on and put the heat on full blast, though he did not move the car.

"Bucky," He started, "What I was going to say was that I, well, I was going to say that I only have eyes for you. I only have eyes for you."

Steve looked over at Bucky only to see him staring at his torso.

"Bucky?" 

Bucky shushed him and placed his hand over Steve's mouth. He reached out to touch the soaked fabric that was clinging to Steve's chest. Without hesitation, Bucky leaned in and put his lips on the other male's. Bucky climbed over gearshift, onto Steve's lap. With the little space and his back pressed against the steering wheel, he decided to put the seat back all the way and make the seat back flat. 

Steve pushed Bucky back, "Wait," He whispered, "We're in a car, people can see."

Bucky pushed him back down, "Don't care."

He put his lips back on Steve's and slid his hands under the wet shirt, pulling it off.

"I want you," Bucky whispered against the blond's lips, "And I'm the only one who can actually have you."

Steve smiled. "Then take me. But not here."

He pushed Bucky off and Bucky climbed back to his seat. He folded his arms, pouting.

"I promise we can have sex, just 1, not in a car, and 2, not when we have a limited time schedule before we get caught." Steve reasoned. "And when we do, I'll make sure that it's the best night of your life."

"Fine," Bucky huffed. 

Steve put the car into drive and headed back onto the highway. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 153 13
"Losing control is scary, but sometimes it's the only way to find yourself." These words echoing in a young boy's mind, his thoughts grasping for pur...
5.8K 181 17
This is a stucky fanfiction about how Steve and Bucky met before the war and how their relationship flourished throughout the years. (I know it's th...
18.3K 389 19
The title says it all. Stories, Alternate Universes, and Songfics ranging from fluff to angst to smut with one topic 90% of the time: SteveBucky.
369 11 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦�...