The Wrong Girl

By collide

We've all watched about a million Romantic Comedies where the boy breaks up with his girlfriend because he re... More

The Wrong Girl
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
UPDATE!
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Two

16.1K 942 610
By collide

The next day at school was pretty much exactly what I expected.

Pity, pity, and more pity.

"How are you doing?" My best friend, Chloe, asked, handing me an iced vanilla macchiato as a pity gift. I was grateful though, Starbucks was always a slight pick me up, and I could totally use one.

"Shitty" I replied honestly, "And thanks"

She dug around in her bag for a straw, and then finally looked up at me when she found one.

"Holy shit, your hair!" She shouted.

"Yeah" I said, grabbing my newly brown locks, "I felt like it was time for a change"

"It looks amazing" She gushed.

"Thanks Chlo" I said, taking a sip of my drink. She's been the best friend I could ever ask for since I transferred here.

"Let's get to class" She said, linking her arm through mine, and waltzing towards our first period classroom.

We passed by Grayson, who was standing alone by his locker. His eyes met mine, and he looked away quickly.

Guess things really were back to normal.

The day passed by with at least five people in all of my morning classes telling me how sorry they are, and how much of a jerk Brayden is. I pretended to be grateful for their pity, but it was really annoying me. I knew that half of the people telling me how sorry they were were the same people clapping and whistling at Brayden and Kelly's kiss in the courtyard.

Now it was lunch time, and if I walked into that cafeteria, I knew I'd see Kelly and Brayden sitting where me and Brayden used to sit together every day. Maybe kissing. Maybe holding hands. Doing things me and Brayden used to do together. The thought made me nasceous.

I was weak. I couldn't do it.

I took a turn, and exited the building.

Sitting on the steps by himself, was none other than Grayson.

He looked up at me, sighed, seemed to think for a minute, and then patted the spot next to him.

"Sit" He said, finally.

"Thought yesterday was a one time only deal" I smirked, sitting next to him.

"It was" He said seriously, "But I wouldn't want to be in there either. In fact, I already don't want to be in there"

He silently offered me half a sandwhich, which I refused because my stomach was in knots. We sat there in a comfortable silence until the period ended.

When the bell rang, Grayson immediately stood up.

"Hey Grayson?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He paused.

"You're a good guy" I stated.

"Don't say that, Princess" He replied, voice becoming cool, "You don't know me"

He dissapeared into the building, and I followed suit. The afternoon went the same as morning, until my last class of the day.

It was AP Chemistry lab. Me and Brayden had chosen each other as lab partners, and you're not allowed to switch until the semester ends.

Which basically means I'm fucked.

I walked in five seconds before the late bell rang, and Brayden was already in his seat. I slipped my face into a mask of indifference. I could've sworn Grayson gave me a concerned look from his seat in the table behind mine, but when I looked back, he wasn't looking anywhere near me.

"You changed your hair" Brayden commented, looking slightly dissapointed.

I felt anger pulse through my veins again.

This asshole broke my heart, and that's all he has to say to me. That I changed my hair?

"Fuck off" I said, in the coldest voice I've ever used before.

Brayden recoiled like I slapped him again.

"Look, Serena, I know-" Brayden started.

"Shut the fuck up" I said icily.

"We should talk about this" Brayden said.

I spun around to face him for the first time.

"Let me make something clear to you, Brayden, I will never talk to you about anything that isn't AP Chemistry ever again" I snapped, "And once this semester ends, which will be the happiest moment of my life, I will never acknowledge your pathetic existence again. So just shut the fuck up, and pass me that beaker"

Brayden stared at me wide eyed. To be honest, I understood his shock, I never spoke like that to almost anyone. I was admittedly a sweet girl. But what he forgot is that I don't take any shit. I'm only sweet until you mess with me.

When he finally passed me the beaker, I did the entire experiment and lab write up by myself. I'm a lot smarter than him, and he was going to struggle in this class without my help.

Good. I hope he fails.

The bell rang, and Brayden rushed out of the room like he was on fire. I almost laughed.

"That was some speech, Princess" Grayson said, pausing in front of my table, "Didn't know you had it in you"

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me" I said, smiling a little bit.

He scanned his eyes over me, and I felt myself blush.

"Can't wait to figure them out, sweetheart" He winked, striding out of the room.

I walked out of the empty classroom a minute later, still blushing a little bit. The senior hallway had mostly cleared, since almost all seniors run to their cars the second school is over, but I saw three figures down the hall, near my locker.

"-You have no fucking respect, if I see you shits doing anything in this building again, you'll have hell to pay" A voice said.

Getting closer, I realized it was Grayson.

"You have no fucking right to speak to me like that, Mitchell" Another all too familiar voice snarled, "This is none of your buisness"

Brayden.

Grayson was talking to Brayden and Kelly. I let my locker slam shut in surprise. The three of them whipped around to stare at me, and I felt massively confused.

"This conversation isn't over, Erikson" Grayson said quietly, walking away from them. To my surprise, he didn't stop next to me or even look my way, before striding out of the building angrily.

Kelly and Brayden both looked at me, and I flipped them off before striding out of the building, the same way Grayson had exited.

Seeing them together made it feel like I couldn't breathe.

I stumbled outside, and saw Grayson sitting there, apparently waiting for me.

"What was that about, Mitchell?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"None of your buisness, Princess" He answered.

"Well it sounded like you were yelling at Brayden and Kelly" I told him.

"So what if I was?" He demanded gruffly.

"Wont that ruin your friendship with Brayden?" I asked, curiously.

To my surprise, Grayson started laughing. Not in a happy way, but bitterly.

"Princess, me and Erikson have never been friends" He said, something unidentified flashing behind his eyes.

"He never mentioned" I muttered.

"That he hates me?" Grayson finished my thought, "Or that I hate him? Yeah he wouldn't have. Because then, you would've wondered why"

"I'm wondering why now, though" I pressed, burning with curiousity.

"Well, sweetheart" Grayson said smugly, "I'm not your boyfriend, so I don't have to tell you"

"But-" I started to argue.

"Shut up, Princess" He groaned, "And get in my car before I regret my decision"

"What decision?" I asked.

"To hang out with you today" He sighed, like saying the words was paining him, "Now get in"

"You can't command me to hang out with you!" I insisted, crossing my arms.

He glared at me, and I glared back at him.

"Fine, suit yourself" He shrugged, getting into his car, and peeling out of the parking lot.

What a dick.

I shook my head, and got into my own car, driving home. I parked in the driveway, and opened the doors to my predictably empty house.

Almost ten minutes later, there was a knock on my door.

"Grayson?" I asked, pulling it open.

"Hey Princess" He flashed me a charming grin, "Can I come in?"

Wordlessly, I let him in. I was very surprised. He was holding popcorn, and some candy, along with a few movies.

"You did all this?" I asked him, "For me?"

"Don't get that tone with me" He said, warily, "All I did was stop at the shop for a minute. It wasn't a big deal"

I shrugged, because he clearly didn't want me to dote on his amazing gesture, but it meant a lot to me.

And thanks to my fragile state, I burst out crying.

"What the fuck?" He asked, alarmed "Why are you crying?"

"I- I'm sorry!" I burst out, wiping my tears, "I just- I'm a little bit of a mess, and this was so n-nice!"

"Jesus fucking Christ" He shook his head, "Remind me to never do anything nice for you again"

"Shut up" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Alright, I'm off" He said, heading towards my front door.

"What?" I exclaimed, "No! You have to stay and watch a movie with me"

"Promise me you wont cry again?" He asked, looking partly amused and partly alarmed.

"Promise" I said, holding out my pinky to him.

He looked at me like I was crazy, and then told me I was an eight year old. I dragged him back to the couch, and looked through the movies he got me.

Frozen. 500 Days of Summer. Mean Girls. Bridesmaids. Friends with Benefits.

"These are the best movies in the world" I gasped, "You're the best"

"I have a sister" He shrugged, awkwardly. He always gets awkward when I compliment him.

I deliberated which one to watch first. I told him that I wouldn't cry, so that ruled out 500 Days of Summer. It was too relatable.

Mila is my girl crush, so I decided on Friends with Benefits.

When me and Brayden had movie nights, I'd lay down with my head on his shoulder, and he'd stroke my hair and back gently.

I pushed this thought out of my head, and stretched out, putting my legs on Grayson. He shot me a look like he questioned my mental stability, but didn't push me off, and I cuddled comfortably into the couch.

I was comfortably watching Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake get it on, when I realized Grayson was checking me out. When I looked his way, he awkwardly turned back to the TV. I took this opportunity to check him out back. After all, fair is fair.

His dark brown hair was cut at the perfect length, not too long, but also not a buzz cut; it was slightly shaggy in a way that suited him. His brown eyes displayed absolutely no insight into what he was thinking, unlike Brayden's blue ones. I could always tell how Brayden was feeling from them, but Grayson's mind was a complete mystery to me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Grayson asked, pulling me back to reality.

"I'm not looking at you like anything" I said quickly, "Shut up and enjoy the sexiness that is Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake"

He rolled his eyes at me, but turned his attention back to the screen.

We watched Frozen next, and I couldn't resist but to sing along with the awesome sound track.

"I regret bringing you this" He said, covering his ears and wincing, "I think your voice will give me nightmares"

"I'm a great singer" I lied, just to argue.

"Yeah I'd love to listen to you sing" He said sarcastically, "If I was deaf!"

Oh well, I shrugged, singing is definitely not my strong point. He just had to learn it the hard way.

He was a good sport about it, but after the second movie, I yawned even though it was only about seven thirty at night, and he decided it was time for him to leave.

I walked him to the door, and looked up at him.

"Thanks Grayson" I said, "This was really nice"

"It's a one day only special" He told me, "Don't get your hopes up"

"You said that yesterday" I reminded him, smiling. I didn't believe him for a second.

"I'm not a good boy, Serena" He said, getting serious all of a sudden. He used my real first name, "You don't want me as a friend"

"You don't know what I want" I argued, frowning.

"I'm not your friend, Princess" He said, cooly, "One day only special. Remember that"

With that, he walked out of my house, shutting the door firmly behind him.

Author's note- Ooh wonder why Grayson keeps insisting that he's not a good guy. Weird. I'm trying my best not to post these too quickly, because I've only written five chapters so far, but I also don't want to keep you guys waiting too long! Hopefully, I'm doing alright. It's unbelievable that this has 21 votes already, and so I wanna say thank you & I love you all so much! Hope you're enjoying & you continue reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
647K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
513K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...