My First Love [COMPLETED]

By anjanadstifler

If I am willing to get the love and care which I never got in my life I do not mind waiting endlessly. I love... More

Chapter 1
NOTE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
NOTE
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Important Note: Change of Title
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Announcement!
#girlboss

Chapter 55

21.8K 572 9
By anjanadstifler

Thank You @bon_eee for this amazing cover. Love you and your works so much.

Keep it up! XOXO :D

The deal had to be finalized. I found taking the ownership of the hotels would be beneficial as the location in which they are set is the best.

But the number of customers has dropped for these chains of hotels since last five years.

The sole reason for this was THE ADALS.

THE ADALS were already a well-established company who stepped into the market of these chain of hotels three years ago.

Their service, their ambience, their hospitality and all other factors were much better.

MOST IMPORTANTLY FOOD.

We had to improve in many aspects.

But the major challenge was, in order to understand the customers, I had to understand their culture and design plans accordingly which I did for another one month.

We had to win over THE ADALS!

The schedule for the meeting was after two weeks and I had to hunt for more information.

I had no plans to reveal my ideas to Caroline because she would surely reject them as they would involve lots of cost. But we had to do it.

I made a presentation which analyzed the effects of implementing my ideas and I hope it would help.

Two weeks passed by and I was done with my work.

"Are you done?", Caroline asked.

"Yeah, I am.", I said nervously.

"Lara, this is your first presentation. You should have shown me at least once. It's a huge risk.", she said.

"I shall manage.", I said.

We all entered the conference hall.

This was a different conference hall. It is not the one where I saw Luiz and Maryam kissing. It had a larger capacity and there were so many people.

I thought I would faint due to the pressure.

This was too much for me.

All the members were already present including Mr. Brown.

I remembered how he tortured me in the official party of Cardoso's whihc I attended for the first time.

In the course of going through this project I learnt that Mr. Brown was the one who used to handle these chains of hotels on behalf of Caroline's sister.

He looked at me and grinned like a fool.

Pervert old ass!

Caroline headed the meeting.

I sat adjacently to the right of Caroline and Luiz to the left of her. Which meant we both were facing each other.

He kept staring at me which was so distracting.

I lent my ears to the briefing and avoided seeing him as much as possible.

After briefing a few presentations from the German representatives were made. It was my turn to present my ideas.

I stood in front of all the members.

I inhaled sharply.

I don't know why but I looked at Luiz.

He looked amused. He smiled at me and showed his thumb.

Aww he was wishing me all the best!

I couldn't help but smile back.

My mom was a creative woman and she became my inspiration after I got to know about her. My dad is a smart man but he never used his talent to the fullest potential which makes him so unhappy. I don't want to be like him.

I started my presentation and everything went well with the initial few slides.

Then came the slide of my suggestion.

"So keeping these things in mind, I feel that we should change few of the staff members. Most importantly the chefs.", I said.

Everyone's eyes grew bigger.

They started murmuring among themselves.

I looked at Luiz. He lost the smile he had. It was replaced with sad expression.

He looked at Caroline who was equally sad about my decision.

"Well I think this would lead to a lot of manpower cost mam.", Maryam butted in.

You just shut up. Don't throw your smartness!

"But the benefit realized would be great.", I answered her to which she looked at Luiz but he didn't look at her.

Is he really over her?

I quickly brushed away the thoughts.

"This is what happens when you allow brainless beauties to handle such huge responsibilities.", Mr. Brown said.

Luiz gave him a death glare and Mr. Brown turned red.

"Mind your words Mr. Brown or else you will bear the consequences.", Luiz said.

"Luiz, please control yourself.", Maryam said in an extra sweet tone.

"Why should I?", he said and continued saying, "This is an official meeting. There is no need of passing personal comments about a person. She has worked very hard for this project. She rose to this level of understanding of this project within such a short span of time. You have no right to say anything to her."

I was so damn happy! He was supporting me.

"I am sorry Mr. Cardoso. But this decision is not acceptable. It would lead to a chaotic situation. We cannot change everything at once. It would also incur more cost for hiring and training new staff and chefs.", he said.

"It will not lead to a chaotic situation Mr. Brown. You can handle the situation very well.", I said.

"What do you mean?", he drew both his eyebrows closer.

"You changed the chefs before five years because you wanted to give opportunities to your near and dear.", I said.

He was shocked was an understatement!

"All the chefs, position holders are some or the other way related to you. You are the one who recommended them. Isn't it?", I asked.

His face lost expression.

Everyone in the hall were surprised.

"Yes.", he said after a long time.

"That's is the reason why the quality came down and the service turned out to be bad. Did you ever go through the feedback of customers? They were not happy with the staff and services. The staff members know very well that you won't chuck them out even if they are not contributing to their best. Even the present staff seems to be very rude because of lack of proper salary. I do not say that every staff member has to be changed. But yeah, the positions should be given to the people who are actually worth it.", I said.

"Do you mean to say that I didn't hire a good staff?", Mr. Brown asked raising one of his eyebrows.

"The results speak so Mr. Brown, not me.", I said.

"We need to discuss this some other time Lara.", Caroline said.

A/N

Hey my High Fliers!!

Yahoooo! It is not just an amazing day for Lara but for me also!!

MY FIRST LOVE has reached 6000 reads!

Thank you all for your love and support!

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118

Love you all  xoxo

Taking a bow :) :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
14.5K 542 44
As we all know opposite pole attract like that they attracted towards each other He hated her for being his replaced bride and she also hated him for...
355K 13.8K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...
1.2M 36.3K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...