The Idiot

By BoringStar

Winter Kane soon finds out that her real dad was, and she wasn't pleased to learn that it was Patrick Kane. More

Friday, December 30, 2022
Saturday, December 31, 2022
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Monday, January 2, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Friday, January 6, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023
Sunday, January 8, 2023
Monday, January 9, 2023
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Friday, January 13, 2023
Saturday, January 14, 2023
Monday, January 16, 2023
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Monday, January 23, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Epilogue

Friday, January 20, 2023

715 12 2
By BoringStar

Friday night. I'm so happy that Friday is finally here. I know that I didn't have school, so I spent the whole day wrapped up in my blanket watching hockey videos on YouTube.

The day was quiet since Amanda and Amber were gone doing their thing, the brothers were away at Dave's house, and Patrick had a focused on his pregame routine.

Anyways, if any of them were around, I doubt that any of them would bug me.

Well, except for around three when Patrick came into my room. He walked towards my bed and didn't anything as he looked down at me wrapped like a burrito in my quilt.

"Yes?" I asked moodily.

Without saying a word, he grabbed his phone out, looked at it, and put it back in his pocket. "I was wondering, if you would want to get out of this house and come to the game."

"Nah rather be here."

"No one will be here tonight until late. You get to hang out with the team."

I rolled my eyes at that. "No."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I do NOT want to go to your stupid game tonight!"

Right as I said that, the video that was playing yelled, "He shoots, he SCORES! A highlight real goal all the way! Patrick Kane taking a hand off, darting across the slot was tripped up on his way to the Canadian net and fired it past Montoya!"

Panicking, I rushed to pause the video. Patrick heard every word of that and laughed. "What are you watching?"

"Some stupid video. It just played, didn't want to watch it. Probably an ad for the stupidest hockey players in the history of the NHL."

"That doesn't make since. If I'm on the list, it has to be the ad for the smartest hockey players in the history of the NHL."

While I rolled my eyes, again, I thought about how Andre would be working tonight since there is a home game. "I'll go with you."

He looked at me like something strange just happened. "What?"

"I said, Idiot, that I'll go with you to your game."

"Really?"

"YES!" I yelled throwing my blankets to the side. I was still in my pajamas, but I didn't care. I got up and went towards my closet.

"Okay." He quickly said, "We're leaving in five minutes," before he left my room.

Quickly, I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a basic t-shirt.

Patrick and I left as soon as I made it downstairs. We didn't say anything to each other as Patrick navigated his ways through the busy streets of Chicago.

Being in my third week of living here in Chicago, I have been starting to get used to living here, and it seems like forever since I last saw my mother alive. I can't believe I have ben able to survive that long in my current situation. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to deal with everything.

Just think, this summer Patrick will be around all the time. I won't have school, and I'll have no escape from everyone. I feel like I have been suffocating now, being around him, but then, I might as well be dead.

The whole ride, I listened to radio. Neither of us said a word.

People might be thinking that I have started giving up hating Patrick because I acknowledge his existence. In reality, I have been lightening my attacks at him so I can just survive while still ignoring him. I know that this will make me seem very shallow, but I only act this way around Patrick for my personal gain. And I might be.

When we got the UC, Patrick lead me inside. I never have come this early, so it was weird for me walking in with him.

We stopped walking right outside of the changing room. Patrick looked at me thinking before he reached into his pocket. "I know that you'll be hungry, so here," he said handing me a hundred dollar bill. "You can hang down here if you want to. I don't care what you do."

I nodded at him before I walked away. I planned on listening to my music and walk laps around the place until Andre arrives at work. He should be here soon, but I actually don't know when.

Hours seem to fly by, but there was still a half of an hour before the gate opened when I finally saw Andre.

When he saw me, he started to laugh. "What brings you here?"

"He asked me to come since everyone else is out of the house, and I was wondering if you wanted to," I winked then continued, "tonight."

"After the game, I have nothing going on, but I doubt that your dad will let you come with me."

When I heard him reference Patrick as my dad, I gave him a stink eye, but before I could call him out of it, one of his coworkers walked over by us.

"Andre," the girl said, "we got to start getting the food ready." Then she turned to me, "The gate isn't even open. How did he sneak you in?"

Andre interjected before I could. "I didn't sneak her in."

"I can't imagine that the security just allowed her to walk right in."

"They did because she came with her father."

"And who is your father?"

I looked straight at her. She looked around Andre's age. "My father is Patrick Kane."

"Bullshit." Right at the time, some security guards walked past, and the girl called them over. "Can you please tell me who this girl is?"

With only a moment glance, one of the guards said as quickly as the Colorado River, "She is a player's daughter."

"What player?" she demanded.

"Kaner. Now if there is a problem here, we will be on our way." Then he turned his attention over to me. "Ms. Kane, Mr. Kane was wondering if you would want to sit in the front row. There was a free ticket there."

Smiling at him, I accepted the ticket before I turned my attention back towards Andre and the guards went on their merry way. "For a girl who hates her father, you do accept gifts from him."

"This," I scoffed, "is not a gift."

"Then what is it?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't know. He's just being nice."

"So, a gift."

"No."

He smiled at me. "I bet he is giving this too you after talking to a couple of his teammates. He is probably tired of you being pissed so he is giving this to smooth things over."

"This will never smooth things over."

"Yeah, but he is trying with this priceless gift that he can pay with being himself for one minute."

"Anyways, Jackass, how do you think that I'll be able to come over."

He turned around and called, "Angel, will you claim to be Winter's best friend and ask her to come over for the night for a girl's night after the game. Then you and her, come to my place and we can have a few."

Angel smiled at that plan. "Sounds good, but what do I get out of this?"

"You get to meet Patrick Kane, and I bet Winter can make sure that Jonathan Toews will be there."

Something that changed on her face made me sick to my stomach. This high school girl had a crush on my dad!

Before I could vomit, their supervisor showed up making me move on my way, but not before Angel told me to meet her outside this stand after the game.

I walked another lap around the place when I noticed that the gates opened.

Once the gates opened, I found my set and sat there playing a couple of my phone games.

Couple of times in the hour I sat there listening to my music, I saw Jamie text me, but I didn't answer or looked at the message.

I understand that he didn't do anything to make me benched, but I still felt betrayed. Maybe on Monday, I'll try to talk to him.

The game was exciting and full intensity. Multiple of the guys kept hitting the glass in front of me. I don't know why, but I couldn't help but to laugh at that.

Actually, it happened so much that this cute guy who sat next to me asked me if I was dating a player.

I shook my head at that with a smile, "No, I don't know any of the guys."

He then smiled as well, "Well, then I think that you have a group of guys who thinks you are beautiful."

"Doubt that, they are too busy with the game."

"Well, I'm not." It took me a couple of seconds to understand what he meant by that.

"I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend."

He grabbed my hand. "He doesn't need to know."

"I wouldn't do that if I was you."

"And why is that?" he whispered.

Loudly, I said in a matter of fact tone, "Because my father is none other than Patrick Kane."

"Bull."

A girl sitting behind us jumped into our conversation. "She is his daughter. She is Winter Kane. Since she arrived, she has been in the headlines."

Me being in the headlines was no new news. Reporters question my old classmates and teachers to find out who my brothers and I are. It seems like everyone has been fascinated about us, but I never cared about what they had to say.

That made the guy stop, thankfully.

The rest of the game, there was no more incidents. The guy stayed, but he consumed heavy amounts of alcohol while he sulked. I didn't mind since he was no longer bugging me.

Like I was told, I met Angel outside the stand before the two of us headed down towards the locker rooms.

It was hard to try to get Angel to be able to pass, but after I argued with them, they finally allowed her to pass.

Patrick was reluctant for me to go, but Jon talked him into it saying, and I quote, "Be good for her. She's been down and this would be good to hang out with a girl her age." After that, he said it was fine as long as I got home before nine tomorrow and no partying.

Can't believe that he would think I would go party. I'm not that much like Patrick. I'm having more than a few with a couple of friends. It's safe this way.

Right as we got to Andre's, the two of us made our way into his room and started with multiple shots of tequila and vodka.

It didn't take me long to black out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 7K 69
Patrick Kane has always been surrounded by love. His sisters have found love, his teammates are starting to settle down. When will it be time for Pat...
207K 2.8K 27
Just a story of a girl who got her heart stolen by a certain someone of the Chicago Blackhawks
4.1K 76 11
Short story /// Nicole is her own person. She does her own things. She is exactly who she is. However, that means being the daughter of Sidney Crosb...
278K 3.8K 73
**PLEASE READ THE LAST ADDED PART** She's the daughter of his coach. He's the new recruit. How could this possibly end up badly? Scotland Brown has g...