Loving Bad (Stephen James)

Por LadyTopGear

The pressure to succeed in the classroom and balance other aspects of college life, including work, social ac... Más

Main Characters
Chapter 1 - Repercussions
Chapter 2 - Reflecting
Chapter 4 - Blast From The Past

Chapter 3 - Surprise Visit

55 2 0
Por LadyTopGear

Sorry about any mistakes! Rushed to get this out because it's been forever since I updated! I took a mental health break but I'm back! Sorry for the delay! I will be editing this later on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally finish brushing my teeth after having already dried my previously wet hair. The shower did wake me up a little, but not enough to make me entirely coherent and running at full throttle. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Walking out of the bathroom that's connected to my bedroom, I lazily make my way to my walk in closet, on the hunt for something to wear. It's not like I have a shortage of clothing, but I'm super picky when it comes to my outfits at times, so getting dressed is more of a struggle than it should be. Girl problems, am I right?

      I slide the right side of my wall mirror over, revealing my closet, tucked away like a hidden chapel of fashion. Clothes adorn the beautiful grey walls and shelving units, bright lights cast a beautiful sheen all around the elegantly designed space. Now, it's time to figure out what to wear.

I step inside and gaze around, shifting my weight from one foot to the other as my arms lay crossed over my chest. One outfit in particular stands out to me, so I immediately stroll over, grasp my white cropped tank top and light blue ripped jeans in my hands, and prepare to change into them. Once done, I grab my white sneakers and slip them on, completing my outfit.

>This outfit, minus the hat lol.<

Gazing into the large mirror, I tilt my head side to side, taking in my outfit in every way. I slightly second guess my decision, but eventually shrug and choose to keep it on. It'll have to do.

"Good enough," I sigh, turning and walking out of the closet. I slide the mirror door closed behind me.

      Since I decided to look somewhat presentable today, regardless of how tired I am, I might as well do my makeup. Maybe I can hide the exhaustion with some coverup?

      I walk over to my vanity table and sit down, turning the lights on. Grabbing the makeup I'm going to use, I lay it out in front of me, and begin my usual makeup routine. Nothing too crazy and bold, but nothing too bland and subtle either.

>Makeup setup like this one lol<

Roughly 15 minutes go by, and I finally finish up the final touches to my everyday makeup look. I must say, for the short amount of time this took me, it turned out well. I guess, since this is my go-to makeup style for casual outings, it became second nature to do it, thus, became effortlessly easy to do.

"Bitch, you better be rea-" I hear outside my door, seconds later, the door swings open. "Damn, you clean up well," Maria jokes.

      I roll my eyes and scoff. "So do you, Malibu Barbie."

      Her eyebrows are nicely filled in with only mascara and a nude brown eyeshadow. Her foundation and bronzer are lightly done, paired with a faint highlight and a nice, nude pink lipstick accentuating her plump lips. She can pull off the neutral look so well.

      "Barbie, huh?" She chuckles.

      She looks nothing like a Barbie, but I know it bothers her sometimes when I call her one. Just annoying digs we make at each other. Just as annoying as they are harmless.

      Her faint makeup and her white, loose fitted top that rests off of her shoulders, brought together by a pair of black skinny jeans is quite flattering on her.

      "Joking," I laugh.

      She shrugs, "I know, Dolly," and walks out of my room.

      "Shithead," I grumble.

      Dolly. That's the nickname she came up with when we first met. The first time we met, she said I looked like a doll, but I'm not sure how. Some nicknames don't die, because she still calls me that.

      "Let's go!" Karlie yells from downstairs.

      She's home? Finally! She's been gone for an entire week on a business trip, and Maria and I have been lost without her. It's so quiet when she's not around. She's the glue that holds us all together, even though she's considered the baby of our little group.

      I leap up out of my vanity chair and bolt down the large staircase. As soon as I reach the bottom, I embrace Karlie in a tight hug, so happy to see her.

      "What's up, Squirt?! We missed you!" I smile, messing up her hair.

      She swats my hand away and combs through her purple locks with her fingers, attempting to repair the destruction I brought upon it. She shoots me a disapproving look.

      "What?"

      "I told you not to call me that," she smiles. "And we're going out to lunch, so let's get going."

      I look around for Maria, but she's nowhere in sight. Where the hell is she?

      As if reading my mind, Karlie says, "she's already gone out to the car. Let's go."

      I grab my purse off of the staircase, having forgot it there last night, I reach inside and look for my car keys. They're not here!

      "Shit, hold on! I have to find my keys!"

      I swear, I put them in my purse when I parked my car last night. I'm certain I did, but if I didn't, they have to be in the driveway. I didn't take my purse or keys any farther than around here.

      Karlie just shakes her head, erasing my worries by saying, "Maria snatched them from your purse already."

      A wave of relief washes over me as her words process in my brain. Nothing can explain how happy I am that I didn't lose my car keys. I don't have a second set, so my car would have been parked for a while.

      "She's going to be the death of me. I nearly had a heart attack!" I breathe, walking towards the door with my purse securely slung over my shoulder.

      I hear a faint chuckle from behind me as we make our way to my car, the beautiful blue paint of my Subaru coming into view. That's my baby right there! My pride and joy.

>Deserai's blue Subaru WRX<

"Maria!" I yell. "You're in big trouble for taking my car keys!"

She was leaning against the passenger side fender with a strange look on her face. What's up with her? She was so chipper an hour ago, and now it looks like somebody insulted her outfit.

"What's wrong?" I ask, stopping a short distance in front of her, Karlie stopping next to me.

She awkwardly glances towards the sidewalk, then back at us. Karlie follows her stare, and her face twists with the same expression as Maria.

"Wha-" I begin to say, but I fall short when my eyes land on a familiar face. My damn ex.

"Blair," Karlie whispers. "I forgot to close the gate when I got back."

"What's that blonde-headed weasel doing here?!" I whisper loudly.

"He walked up asking for you when I came outside. I think he's been out here waiting for us, for god knows how long. I told him you were busy, then he went to stand over there," Maria quietly says. "I'm sorry."

I run my hand through my hair frustratedly as I see him pacing the street, talking on his cellphone. He's definitely somebody that puts a cramp in a person's mood. Well, maybe we can sneak by him. He hasn't noticed me out here yet.

"It's fine, let's just get outta here," I inwardly groan. "I'm not prepared to deal with the likes of him today."

Holding my hand out, I wait for Maria to give me my keys. Once she slides them into my open hand, I eagerly walk around to the drivers side, hop in, Maria and Karlie getting in as well.

"I wanted shotgun," Karlie pouts, crossing he arms.

"Well, I'm the oldest."

"So? I haven't even been home for a damn week!" Karlie argues.

"Guys, can we do this later?" I sigh.

I start the car up, and begin to pull up to the already open gate, prepared to hit the remote on my keychain to close it behind us. Please, don't see us leaving.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30K 2.1K 39
people read the book trust me on this one
90K 4.8K 32
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
290K 21.5K 49
منذ أن فتح عينيه للحياة وجد نفسه محاطا بذنوب ليس هو بفاعلها فأطلق عليه الجميع لقب الخطيئة و لكنه ليس بشاب يستسلم لقبح قدره بل قرر أن ينتقم لمن كان سب...
99.7K 6.5K 16
حسيت كل جسمي مات من الخوف ورجفه لزمتني شنو الي جاي يصير ياربي ماجاي يستوعب عقلي شنو الي أسوي راح اروح بالرجلين ! اباوع الة متمد گبالي وأگع شلون أگعد...