My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 48

33.2K 463 78
By livelaughluv451

The doorbell rang, interrupting me from my sulking. Noah and I had planned to spend the afternoon together, but Drake had kidnapped Noah the minute we got out of school. They barely had enough time to drop me off before speeding off. Drake said he wanted Noah and him to spend some time together, just like old times. If Drake took Noah to a strip club I would cut off his balls with my kitchen knife.

My fears grew by the second and I decided to send a quick text to Noah.

Hey, miss you already :(. Just make sure to let Drake no that if either of you set foot in a strip club, I will personally feed your “little friend” to sharks.

The doorbell rang again just as I hit send. I got up and opened the door revealing Alice.

She was my best friend, I told her everything. That’s why I didn’t waste a single second before blurting out, “I sleeping with Noah in three weeks.”

She did a double take and her mouth popped open.

“Well, I guess it’s a good thing I brought this,” She said, holding up a bottle of vodka. My eyes widened.

“No way! Uh-uh. I am not drinking!” I said. She rolled her eyes and let herself in.

“Yes you are! Especially since you told me about what you’re going to do in only three weeks. We need to forget about guys! At least for one night!’ Alice persuaded. I shook my head.

“I’d rather not wake up in the morning with vomit in my mouth and a major hangover,” I said. Alice groaned and set the drinks next to me. I automatically scooted away from them, making Alice roll her eyes.

“Pretty please. I want to have fun with my BFF for a little while,” Alice pouted.

“Saying things like BFF isn’t going to make me say yes,” I said.

“But you’re my BFFFL!” She said. I rolled my eyes and put on an overly surprised face. I covered my gaping mouth.

“Like, OMG! I can’t believe you totally just said that,” I said in a squeaky voice that reminded me of Lexi. Alice laughed.

“Like oh. My. Gosh. What are you wearing?” I continued. I pretended to stare at her clothes like I couldn’t believe she had the decency to wear them in public.

“Those shoes are like, so three weeks ago. And those jeans! You know my motto: if your jeans don’t cost more than your house, they aren’t good enough,” I said. She laughed and put on a pleading face.

“Please! Just one glass!” She said, going back to persuading me. I wrinkled my nose as I eyed them.

“I don’t like the taste,” I argued. Okay, I admit, that excuse was a little weak. But, Alice’s face lit up, as if she got an idea.

“Wait right here,” She ordered. I rolled my eyes and played with my fingers as she rampaged through the kitchen.

My phone rang and I took it out to see I got gotten a reply from Noah. I opened it up with a smile.

Don’t worry. We’re at home and nothing female is present. Except Drake’s dog. But I promise not to sleep with her. And if she tries to strip for me, I’ll tell her I have a beautiful girlfriend back home that I have no intention of cheating on. Just so we’re clear, my “little friend” is NOT little

I scoffed. Of course he had to add the last part.

I’ve seen bigger

Okay, I was lying. But he didn’t know that. I put my phone down and watched Alice through a bunch of stuff into a glass. Finally, she poured a bunch of vodka into it. My eyes widened.

“I hope you know that I am not drinking that,” I told her.

“Please, just take one sip and if you don’t like it you don’t have to drink it again!” She persuaded.

Well, I guess one sip couldn’t hurt. Then I’d tell her that I didn’t like it and we could forget about it. I nodded my head and look a quick drink.

I didn’t even taste the vodka. It tasted fruity but bitter at the same time. It hinted of vanilla and chocolate it was by far the best drink I’ve ever tasted.

“This is good,” I said. I downed the whole drink and set the empty cup beside me. Alice eyed it in surprise.

“Easy there. Remember, it has vodka in it,” She said. By now, I was really past caring. From the large amount of vodka she added, I was tipsy to say the least.

 She poured herself one and refilled my glass.

“Cheers,” We said together and clinked glasses before downing them in only a second.

Noah’s POV

I checked my phone for a reply but again found none. It had been nearly an hour since I’d sent my last text and still hadn’t gotten a reply. I re-read it again.

Bigger? Now I’m hurt. I love you. By the way, who exactly do you know that’s bigger than me?

I tried to tell myself that she was probably busy watching a movie or something and didn’t hear the phone ring but it didn’t stop me from getting nervous.

I realized that I had frozen yet again, causing Drake to blow my head off in our video game. Yep, we had resorted to balling up in Drake’s house playing video games.

“Come on! That’s like the tenth time you lost! What’s going on? Has having a girlfriend fried every male gene in your body?” Drake asked, knocking on my head like it was a door. I scowled and pulled away.

“Nothing,” I said. He rolled his eyes.

“So it’s Amber. What’s wrong? Trouble in paradise?” He asked. I laughed and shook my head.

“No, nothing like that. I just don’t like being away from her,” I muttered. Drake clasped his hand together.

“Awwwwww. How cute!” he cooed. I scowled again. He might be my best friend but he sure was annoying.

“Don’t worry Mr. Grumpy Pants. I sent Alice over there so she won’t be lonely,” Drake said. I sighed.

That’s why Amber didn’t answer her phone, she was busy with Alice. That was good. She deserved to have a break and hang out with her friends.

Just as I was agreeing with Drake, my phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID and a smile spread across my face as I saw Amber’s name.

“Hey Amber,” I answered.  Drake started making kissing noises and I hit his arm to make him shut up.

“Hey Noah!” She slurred, almost inaudibly. What was wrong with her voice? It sounded garbled, almost slurred.

“What are you and Alice doing?” I asked. Amber laughed loudly.

“We’re having so fun! But Alice needs a ride home!” She said excitedly. I could barely understand her. Maybe we had bad reception and it was messing with the sound.

“What’s wrong with her car?” I asked. Amber laughed again, but I didn’t see what was so funny.

“She says she’s too drunk to drive, but we are not drunk! Not even a tiny bit. Nope. Never. Not even a teensy little bitty bit. We’re the opposite of drunkenness!” Amber said.

That explains her voice. But how did they get drunk? Did they go to a bar or something?

“Where are you? I’ll come pick you up,” I said. Amber gasped.

“We’re at my house. Thank you Noah! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She shouted.

“Alice needs a ride home,” I whispered to Drake, deciding to leave out the “drunk” part.

“How did all this happen anyway?” I asked Amber. She giggled.

“Well…..” She said, holding out the ‘l.’ “Alice made me a drink and I didn’t think I would like it but it was yummy! I’m sorry Noah! It was too yummy. Hey! You should try it! It tastes sooooo good. Like rainbows and chocolate!” Amber said. This time, I had to laugh.

“Maybe. Can you stay safe and don’t do anything crazy until I get there okay?” I asked. I hopped into the passenger seat of Drake’s car and he sped off towards Amber’s house.

“Of course! Alice and I are totally non-crazy people. We would never do anything that was crazy. Crazy isn’t even part of our name!” Amber said. I rolled my eyes.

“Sure it is honey. Just stay put and don’t do anything crazy,” I advised. Amber gasped.

“Ummm, hang on,” She said.

“Alice! Noah says don’t do anything crazy!” I’m guessing she hadn’t meant for me to hear that. I heard Alice reply but couldn’t make out the words.

“Does wrestling a penguin count as crazy or suicidal?” Amber asked. I laughed and Drake glanced at me warily.

“Where did you get a penguin?” I asked. Drake scoffed and looked back at the road.

“Uhhh. I’m not sure. I think its friends with the giraffe. Oh my gosh! No! Noah I have to go! A hippo is giving birth! Talk to you soon,” Amber called.

“Amber wait!” I said but I heard the line click as she hung up. I threw my phone in my lap and groaned. Giving birth? I’m almost scared to see what was going on over there.

“What was that all about?” Drake asked. He took a sharp turn, causing me to jerk in my seat and slam into the door. I scowled.

“You’ll find out soon enough,” I grumbled. A couple minutes later Drake screeched to a halt outside her house.

I didn’t wait a single second before jumping out and knocking on the door. I could hear voices from the other side and I strained my ears to listen.

“He’s here, what should we do?” Alice, I think, asked.

“I have no idea. Should we just ask him?” Amber asked. Were they talking about me?

“Are you crazy? He’s going to lie! We should just ignore him, maybe he’ll kill someone else,” Alice suggested.

“Let’s just ask. We’re safe. He has to be invited in remember,” Amber said.

“That’s only in the Vampire Diaries. In Twilight they can barge in and kill you in under a second,” Alice shouted. I heard someone, Amber I think, sigh.

“Let’s just try. You go hide behind the couch! Oh! Go get some garlic from the kitchen!” Amber said. I heard footsteps padding off in the other direction. Finally, the lock clicked and the door opened.

“Hey Noah,” Amber said cautiously.

“Hey. What happened?” I stepped forwards but she held out her arm to stop me.

“Don’t come in yet! Are you a vampire?” She slurred. I rolled my eyes.

“Nope human.”

“Can you prove it?”

“I have brown eyes not red,” I said trying to move around her. I could easily push past her but that would probably cause her to lose balance and fall, considering the state she’s in.

“Where’s Alice?” Drake asked appearing beside me.

“In the kitchen. Is Noah a vampire?” Amber asked Drake.

“Yep,” He said. He pushed pasted her and she stumbled back a few steps. I shot my arms out and steadied her before she hit the floor. Remind me to kill Drake later.

“Hey! You’re a vampire! You can’t come in!” Amber whined. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m human,” I said, rolling my eyes. She glanced at me warily.

“But Drake said….”

“Drake’s a liar.”

“You could be lying.”

“I’m not.”

“Can you prove it?”

“I, Noah Flynn, am not a vampire.”

“That’s what a vampire would say.”

“I’m not a vampire.”

“Blood sucker.”

“I’m human.”

“Says the vampire.”

“I’m not a vampire!”

“Human killer.”

“I have never, in my life killed a human!”

“Such a vampire thing to say…”

“I’m not a vampire!”

“Want to play hide and seek?” Amber asked randomly. I shook my head. This was actually kind of amusing.

“Sure. But first we have to get Alice and Drake to leave,” I told her. She grinned happily.

“Hey we’re going to head home now,” Drake said, appearing at the door way. It was like he was on cue.

He was half carrying- half dragging Alice beside him. I chuckled at the sight.

“Are you psychic?” Amber asked in amazement. Drake muffled a laugh and nodded.

“Yep.” Amber’s mouth gaped open. I thought it made her look cute.

“That’s so cool!” She cried. Drake smirked.

“Where are her keys? I’ll drop off the car tomorrow morning,” Drake said. Amber spun around in a circle. She stopped and put a hand on her forehead, looking dizzy.

“Are you okay?” I asked, stepping forwards. She nodded slowly.

“I’m fine. I think they’re on the counter over there,” Amber said. Drake picked up a set of keys and put them in his front pocket.

“Farewell,” he said.

Before I knew what was happening, Amber had jumped up and wrapped her arms around Drake. I felt my jaw grind as Drake wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer.

“Bye!” Amber said, not pulling apart. Drake glanced at me and smirked, obviously knowing what he was doing. I frowned and balled my hands into fists. It took everything I had in me not to tear his arms off her.

“Bye sweetie,” Drake said teasingly. He even went so far to kiss her forehead.

This time I yank them apart; Amber gently, and Drake, not so gentle.

“Ow,” Drake complained. I glared at him and brought Amber closer.

“You’re hot when you’re mad,” Amber piped up. I chuckled. I guess she said everything that ran through her mind. I’m glad to hear that she thinks I’m hot.

“And you’re hot all the time,” I said. Drake mock gagged and headed towards the door.

“Bye, bye! Noah, try not to be too perverted. And Amber, remind Noah to use protection,” Drake called as he went out the door. I froze.

Only Drake would remind us of that…

“I’ll make sure Noah puts one on!” Amber yelled back. My eyes noticeably widened. Put one on? Does that mean she’s planning for us to do it tonight? We’re supposed to wait three weeks!

Despite myself, I could feel stirring in my pants, and I had to move my bottom half away from Amber so she wouldn’t feel it. Only three more weeks…

I could hear Drake’s laughter echoing down the street as he drove off. I glanced at Amber nervously, who still had a huge smile on her face.

“Uh, you know that we’re uh, not actually doing, um, it tonight,” I stuttered uncontrollably. Amber frowned.

“But you promised!” She said! Her bottom lip stuck out as she pouted at me. She knows I can’t say no to that face.

She’s drunk, Noah. You can’t take advantage of her.

“I said in three weeks,” I reminded. Her pout disappeared as her mouth gaped open.

“Three weeks? That’s wayyyy too long!” She complained. She crossed her arms and stomped her foot like a child. “Can’t we do it now?”

Now? It’s killing me to say no.

“Amber, we can’t. You’re drunk. I’m not going to take advantage of you like that,” I said. She shouted in protest and threw her hands up in the air.

“That’s all you ever say! I don’t want to take advantage of you, Amber,” She mimicked my voice horribly. “Please!”

“Amber no! We are not having sex tonight and that’s final!” I said sternly. She gave me a confused look.

“Sex? When did we start talking about that?” Amber asked.

“When Drake reminded us to use a condom,” I told her. She still looked confused as she shook her head.

“I thought he was reminding us to use a helmet to play Hide-and-Seek,” Amber said.

Hide-and-Seek? I suddenly felt stupid.

“But, I’m all for the other idea,” She said seductively. I groaned. Great, now I’ve got her on the sex idea.

“How about we play a game instead?” I suggested. She shook her head and stepped closer to me. I took a step back as she did so. We repeated the process until she had me backed up against the wall.

“I would much rather do something more fun with you,” She said.

Her hand rose to cup my face as she spoke. Her thumb stroked just under my eyelid. As warmth spread through my body, I leaned into her hand subconsciously.

“Please,” She whispered sexily.

Her hand started to trail lower down my body, down my chest and middle and resting on my thigh. She started to move towards my very prominent erection. I caught her hand before she got any closer.

“Amber,” I protested, but it sounded like I moaned her name instead.

She seemed to like this, as a look of lust passed on her face. Her index finger slid across the place just under my button, making my gasp and moan.

“I want you Noah,” She whispered. I shook my head.

“We can’t,” I groaned. I gasped as her finger slipped under my jeans and traced my waist.

“I need you Noah,” She whispered. Her hand drifted lower and lower, my breath speeding up with depth.

We shouldn’t be doing this. We were supposed to wait! She’s drunk! She doesn’t know what she’s doing. I can’t do this.

“No, Amber. I’m not doing this,” I said. I grabbed her wrist and brought her hand back into the open. As I did so, I noticed her eyes tear up. I felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest a million times as the tears spilled over.

“Why not?” She whispered. I sighed.

“You’re drunk,” I muttered.

I waited for her to complain but she didn’t answer. Instead, her body went limp as she collapsed into my arms. I caught her quickly.

She had passed out right in the middle of the conversation.

I sighed and scooped her up into my arms. I carried her bridal style to her room and set her on the bed. Careful not to jostle her, I climbed in next to her.

“I love you,” I whispered just before drifting off myself.

Hey lovely people! I’ve got a quick question. If I made a sequel to this, would you read it?

Also me and a fan have started a story together. It’s called Picking up the Pieces. Here’s the link if you get time to check it out: http://www.wattpad.com/5626808-picking-up-the-pieces#comments

Votes: 70

Next Upload:Thursday

Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 283K 50
Madeline Stone knows where her future is heading-her family has that part all figured out. On her twenty-first birthday she is stealing a few moment...
19.9M 678K 63
(*Now an Amazon Bestselling eBook*) Sera's usually a good girl. (Except for that one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happen...
1.6M 95.3K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
406K 25.4K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...