Olive Branches

By Jenna__Rose

Skylar Pearl Gray is a single mom, she and her almost one year old son Nico live in New York. Two years after... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
New book UP!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus chapter 2
Bonus chapter 3 + sequel info!

8

43.7K 1.1K 164
By Jenna__Rose

After I drove Lily and Yara to their home, pack Nico and my stuff, got us showered and dressed, Elijah came to pick us up.

"Dadda up." Nico said and Elijah took him in his arms. He than kissed me and carried all the bags in the car. Car ride was short and his apartment is really lovely. Just as we got there we went to the beach. I wore this one piece swimsuit with blue and white stripes. Elijah wore blue swimming pants and I put Nico in swim-diaper. We were enjoying ourselves, my baby loves water so he spent the most of the day in it with Elijah.

Elijah told me to relax and enjoy myself. I do admit I enjoyed watching him and Nico. It always brightens my day. For dinner we went out. Oh and did I mention Jer apologized to Lily so they are fine now. Or should I say for now.

•••

And so our days passed and today is Monday. Tomorrow morning we are going back home. As for now we are walking down the street, exploring. Elijah has one arm wrapped around my waist and in the other he is holding sleeping Nico.

"We can go back so you don't have to carry him all along. I did offer to take a stroller but you refused." Elijah's brows were raised meaning he finds this amusing.

"I told you Pearl. I love carrying Nico and my muscles don't hurt."

"Okay my strong man." I said lifting my hands up in surrender, earning a laugh from Elijah.

"What do you want to eat today?"

"Maybe we could cook together?" Just as Elijah was going to answer, the voice I never wanted to hear called my name.

It's not that I hate it. No. Hate is an emotion, a strong one. For this person I do not have any feelings. Elijah recognizes this voice too. We slowly turn around.

"Skylar fancy seeing you here." Jake says with a smug smile, which disappears when he eyes Nico and Elijah.

"Jake." I say with a nod.

"So is this that child. And what is he doing with you?" He says with a venom. I don't know who Jake despises more Nico, me or Elijah. I didn't want to have a conversation and Elijah thankfully took over.

"This child is mine and Skylar's. And she can be with whoever she wants. Now if you will excuse us." He said with deadly tone.

"So you are a whore now Skylar? One child from me, one from him, who is next?" What is he looking for a fight?
(A/N: I don't usually use cursing words or insulting, so this is an exception!)

I bet if Elijah wasn't holding Nico, Jake would be dead by now. I place my hand on Elijah's chest. "Elijah let's go, he is not worth it."

"Well I was obviously worth it for 4 years." What on earth is he trying to prove?

"Leave us alone Jake. Yes at the time we had something, but I learned my lesson. And that is in the past. Let the past be the past. Goodbye Jake." I tugged on Elijah's arm and we want towards apartment.

"You shouldn't let rage consume or control you." I remark.

"I know but he was insulting you!" He shouted. Nico stirred a bit but then fell back asleep.

"Elijah." I softly called him. " I don't appreciate that man either but don't show him any emotions. That is what he wants a reaction."

"I am sorry Pearl." He says apologetically.

"I know you aren't."

"You are right, if I wouldn't be holding Nico I would strangle him." He smirked.

We were now in apartment and Elijah put Nico in his bed.

" Okay so what are we going to cook?"

"Maybe we can order takeout?" He suggests a solution.

"Sure I will order us some Chinese."

"Sounds good thanks." So I ordered our food and went to him. He was sitting on the couch, deep in thoughts. I am not really the one all cheesy but he needed me so I took his hands and gently sat on his lap. He subconsciously wraped his arms around me.

"Elijah, please talk to me. What is bothering you?" I plea.

"His words. Skylar I don't want you to ever feel the way he said it. Even or when we have a child together, I count Nico as my own blood too." His eyes and voice reflect so many emotions. Worry, love, fear, sadness, anger, care.

"Elijah those are just venomous words. I don't care what he thinks about me. I care about the people I love, I care about their opinion, I care about your opinion the most." I reassure him.

"I love you so much Pearl that words can't describe it." He whispers.

"I love you too Elijah." And his lips were on mine again.

We then went to bedroom and lay in each other's arms, both thinking about our last night here in embrace of love.
(A/N: they were just laying both dressed, kay?)

~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of Nico's cries. I wanted to get up but Elijah pulls me down.

"Elijah let go, Nico is crying."

"Go lay down love, I will take care of him." He says kissing my temple. I did as he told me to and slowly drifted to sleep.

Next time I woke up it was 10am, after I got dressed I was searching for Nico and Elijah and heard giggles from kitchen. Well what I was looking at was Nico leaning on Elijah's shoulders and they were making pancakes.

"Good morning boys."

"Monin Momma." "Good morning Pearl."

"Almost everything is packed, so we eat our breakfast and be on our way." Elijah informs me.

"Thank you. And thanks for this morning too."

"Love I already told you, Nico is my son too, so of course I will take care of him."

I just kiss him in response. Elijah really is changing me, I never was this mushy and lovey dovey.

After we ate our breakfast, we cleaned and now we are driving in the car. Nico is fast asleep.

"Pearl? I have been meaning to ask you something for a while now. It's regarding Nico."

"Yes? What is it?" Rising my eyebrow in anticipation.

"You told me birth certificate is not full, his fathers part is empty right?"

"Yes." I urged for him to continue.

"I would like to fill it with my name and info." He casually says as he is informing me he is eating ice cream. To say I was shocked was understatement.

"What? Elijah you do know what you are saying right?"

"Yes, I want to be his father officially too. We already have a relationship like that."

"But what if we don't work out?" I bluntly ask.

"I really think and hope we will, but if we don't I still hope I get to see Nico." He says, but he has this edge on his voice and I know what caused it. Me mentioning again that we might not work out.

"Umm okay. I think I agree. So we can go tomorrow." I respond and with that finish this conversation.

Yep that is it. Don't worry problems will come really fast.

Love,
Jenna Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 326K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
1M 26.2K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...
25.4K 1.3K 55
Kimberly Graham is a successful lawyer and a single mother to her eight-year-old son, Sam. The brown-skinned beauty had it hard growing up but had no...