Olive Branches

By Jenna__Rose

Skylar Pearl Gray is a single mom, she and her almost one year old son Nico live in New York. Two years after... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
New book UP!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus chapter 2
Bonus chapter 3 + sequel info!

7

45K 1.1K 99
By Jenna__Rose

⚠️ double update today ⚠️

It has been two weeks since Elijah and I have been official. Lily was estatic. Her pregnancy is doing good. She still is at risk but she doesn't need to be at home all the time. So today we are meeting for coffee.

"Hey Pregnant Woman." I smirk.

"Hey to you too Sky." Lily roles her eyes.

"How are you Lils?" That is my new nickname for her -Lils.

"Fine." Just by her tone I sense something is wrong. And she did have a bit of puffy eyes.

"Lily." I said in a warning tone.

"I am not fine okay. I had encounter with Jer's mother and she said she doesn't approve of another child and that I do not deserve Jer. Then she started fake crying and lied to Jer I told her she is old witch and I don't want her near my children. He of course believed her and he is now staying at his parents house for a whole week. I told Yara he is on a business trip and I am facing this pregnancy alone." By now she was crying. We both ignores people around us. She is my friend and she needs me, and those people should mind their own business.

"Oh Lils. Please don't stress yourself. Jer will see the truth sooner or later. You know he has a bad past with girls disapproval of his parents. He is just stupid. And you have me!"

"Thanks Sky. Can me and Yara come to sleep over at your place. I know it's not big, we will sleep on the couch, I just can't be alone in that room anymore." Her desperation is obvious.

"Of course Lils. Come on let's go straight away. We will pick Yara and Nico."

"Thanks Sky. Isn't Nico's daycare closed today?"

"Yeah it is. Elijah wanted a day with him. He calls it daddy day."

Yup I could say their relationship is developing quite fast but hey it's between them so if they want to have daddy day, who am I to stop them. Okay yeah, I am Nico's mother, but I see how Nico enjoys Elijah's company. And Elijah Nico's.

"Woah Sky you two are going really strong. I am so happy for you Sky."

That is Lily to you folks. Even with her own problems she genuinely shows me her happiness for me. She is the most selfless person I have ever known.

"Thanks Lils, let's go. Leave your car here, you are upset and you shouldn't be driving." She nods her head, knowing I was right.

So I was driving now already towards my apartment. We picked up Yara and some of their stuff.

Now it is 7pm and Elijah should be back any minute. Yara is sleeping, since she is very tired from her water day in daycare and Lily is also but she is from fighting.

Just then her phone starts ringing. It's Jer. I pick it up.

Lily baby you answered.

It's not Lily it's me Sky. Jer what were you thinking! Not believing your own wife! You know your mom doesn't like Lily and she even neglected Yara! What is your problem? I whisper yelled to not wake Lily or Yara up.

I know, I messed up big time.

No Jer that is an understatement! She was crying, she is in risk pregnancy and she was crying because of her husband, the one who should always be by her side!

Sky please just tell me they are ok...

They are now, no thanks to you. Look tomorrow morning I will drive them home. I expect you to properly make this right! Or god help you Jer! Now good night.

With that I cut the call, I hear car outside so I go open the door and there was Nico asleep in Elijah's arms. He quickly kissed me and place Nico in his bed.

"Will you come with me for a few minutes to talk outside?" He whispered.

"Of course, let's go." I quietly shut the front door and Elijah and I sit on steps.

"How was your day?"

"It was fine i guess. Lily has some issues with Jer and his mom. So I helped her. How was your day?"

"I hope you put Jer in his place. His mom hates everyone. But my day with Nico was perfect. Thank you for allowing and trusting me with him." He then slowly and gently kissed me.

"Of course I trust you Elijah. You proved me and you still show me with your actions everyday."

"I feel like you could slip through my fingers everyday. I have nightmares that you will leave me and shattered my heart Pearl. I love you so much it hurts." The look in his eyes told me how genuine he is.

"I love you too Elijah." I quietly said. His eyes widened in shock.

"Yo-you do?"

"I do. I truly do. I am scared too you know. I am scared you will leave me and shattered my heart."

"I will never leave you Pearl. You are my world." We then spent probably another hour in each other's arms. Whispering 'I love you' here and there. For me it was the most perfect night we spent together.

"I should go check everyone in there. And I admit as much as I love being here with you I am tired."

"Of course Pearl. Good night love, sleep well."

"Good night Elijah." He already takes his leave when he calls out my name. I turn around.

"Two things. First why you always call me by my full name? Nobody else calls me that." He wondered.

"I like your name so I call you by it." I shrug my shoulders.

"No of course not, I love how you say my name." I blushed at that but he couldn't see because of darkness.

"So what was the other thing?"

"I was wondering if you and Nico would like to go with me on a weekend getaway tomorrow? I know it's on short notice, but I have this small apartment on Long Island, so us three could enjoy the beach for few days."

"Wow that is wonderful Elijah. I would love too. How many days?"

"I was thinking 3-4. We leave tomorrow and return on Tuesday? I took leave in work, can you took leave in yours too?"

"They gave me leave because on few days I worked over hours, so next week I don't have a job. So sure we can go. Thank you Elijah." I kissed his cheek.

"Everything for you Pearl." And he kissed my temple. Such a sweet and loving gesture. We parted our ways, and just like ever since I met Elijah I fall asleep peacefully.

Hey guys!

I would really like your opinion. Is the story written okay? Would you like more pictures? Comment or DM me.

Thank you.

Love,
Jenna Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 24.3K 26
"If you were really my best friend, you'd see that you were the only person I've ever wanted to be with. You've been dating everyone else while I'm j...
236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
1M 26.2K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...
4.3K 772 42
This is a story about how Lia and Sam who are madly in love fight against their problems obstacles, trust issues, insecurities, ego and so on. Life g...