Dangerous Secrets

By MiddleChildCrisis

AUTHORS NOTE: This was written when I was 14, its not my best work and can definitely use some editing, which... More

Chapter One - Rediscovery
Chapter Two - Awkward
Chapter Three - Introductions
Chapter Four - Shock
Chapter Five - The Ex
Chapter Six - Addiction
Chapter Seven - Nerves
Chapter Eight - Stubborn
Chapter Nine - Fear
Chapter Eleven - Together
Chapter Twelve - Warning
Chapter Thirteen - Broken
Chapter Fourteen - Recall
Chapter Fifteen - Gone
Chapter Sixteen - Genius
Chapter Seventeen - Memories
Chapter Eighteen - Cookie
Chapter Nineteen - Desperation
Chapter Twenty - Force
Chapter Twenty One - Stolen
Bane's First Steps
Andrews Story Anyone?

Chapter Ten - Bruised Inside

10.9K 250 13
By MiddleChildCrisis

WHOOT WHOOT it is up!!!! 

ookay, if last week was the official 'tammy is accident prone and every turn she makes she will hirt herself' week than this week is 'lets fuck up tammys life and all technology will run for cover' week, i just sent my phone off with optus to get repaired and wont get it back for a few weeks i thought, okay thats fine ill just use my old phone, but nooo it had other ideas, it is blocked and theres is no, abosoulutly NO way of unblocking it. so i am without a moblie for 3 weeks FUCK MY LIFE ROYALLY!!!!

JODYS POV 

Haddiean was waking up, wow that was fast, he wasn't out long, 5 maybe 10 minutes.  

His eyes fluttered and I shook him. He was a bit groggy from what ever the hell that asshat he put in him. I kissed him until he woke properly, then he saw the blood.  

It was oozing from my side steadily and hurt like a bitch.  

-------------------------------------- 

And that's how I ended up sitting in the very uncomfortable visitors chair at the police station. 

When he was hurt worse than I am, did I go to the police? Nooo! He said it didn't matter and that he was fine.  

Fine my ASS! 

The police officer was talking to Haddiean whilst I was sitting slumped in the visitors chair determinedly ignoring them. 

When Haddiean told them about the fight he had with the "Stalker" as they were calling him. They asked why we didn't come then.  

'We thought it was a robbery' he said. 

The police officer nodded, 'and how did you know its not?' he asked.  

Growing angry as he remembered, Haddiean told them about what had happened today. 

The police officers face grew just as angry as Haddiean's, he looked at me, 'He touched you?'  

I nodded. 

He glanced at Haddiean then back at me, 'can I see what he did?' 

I shook my head and hugged my stomach.  

The police officer sighed, 'I won't hurt you' he said.  

I just ignored him and hugged my stomach tighter even though it hurt.

HADDIEANS POV 

What's wrong with her? 

Her eyes were wide as dinner plates and she was squeezing herself so tight it was a wonder she didn't break in two.  

The police officer was leaning over her, very close. She shook her head and looked over at me. I was shocked to see the terror in her eyes. I glanced at the officer, he was sitting back in his heels looking confused, he met my eyes and I shrugged. Getting up I walked over to Jody, as soon as I got within reaching distance she grabbed me and latched on. She was squeezing my neck so tight I could hardly breathe.  

'Jody hunny, can you loosen your grip?' at first I thought she hadn't heard, but then her arms loosened and she pressed her face into my throat.  

I looked up at the officer and he smiled at me, the soft look in his eyes put me off balance for a moment but then I smiled back, 'is it okay if we come back?' 

He nodded and his partner, who had been sitting back at the desk silently got up and paused beside her partner.  

'can I talk to her for a second?' she asked.  

I glanced down at Jody, she was peeking up at the female officer out of the corner of her eye, still holding tight to me. She nodded her head and I waved the female officer over.  

'you probably won't pry he off me though' I warned, and felt Jody's breath lightly against my neck as she huffed out a laugh. 

The officer crouched in front of me and smiled at Jody, who was watching straight faced and solemn eyed out of the corner of her eye again.  

'my name is Cherry Flands' Cherry waited and after a moment Jody nodded her head, and muttered a 'M'names Jody' 

Cherry smiled fleetingly then bent her head a little closer to Jody's, her expression fierce 'Did he touch you Jody?'  

I tensed, I hadn't even thought of that, I'd been asleep when Jody'd gone out, how could I know how long she'd been gone? 

I held her tighter as I waited for her answer. She barely paused a second then gave a quiet 'No, not in that way'

CHERRYS POV 

The kid relaxed and pressed his face into his girlfriends hair. He'd been asleep when she'd gone out for a walk, he probably felt horrible about what had happened that afternoon, then when the son-of-a-bitch came back, he was asleep again, then drugged right in front of her. There was a slight red mark on the kids neck, underneath Jody's thumb, where she was rubbing it over the skin of his neck.  

These two were so much in love it was beautiful.  

But there was something else.  

'What aren't you telling us?' I asked  

Haddiean looked up for a second, fear in his eyes then hugged Jody closer to him and shook his head 'Nothin''  

I rolled my eyes and Kell snorted.  

'Sure kid, we were born yesterday' I raised an eyebrow at him, 'now spill'  

He seemed to hesitate, then Jody muttered something I couldn't hear, and he sighed, deflating.  

And his next words knocked me flat.

We have a son 

The words were still spinning in my head an hour later. Barely 18 with a kid. I looked down at the photo that I'd blue-toothed from Haddiean's phone to my computer, then printed off.  

They made a beautiful picture. They were standing in a kitchen, Jody had orange smeared on her face and Haddiean's hair was sticking up in places, most likely from the same orange substance, Scanning the picture again I caught sight of the bowl on the counter, and laughed, spaghetti.  

Who would hurt this young family and why in world would they want to?

KAINS POV 

After Jody had forced 3 pain pills down Haddiean's throat, he'd retaliated and shoved 2 of his own down hers. After that little fight I'd tried to heard them back to bed, but even as dead on their feet tired as they were, they insisted on seeing Benji.  

They barely lasted 10 minutes with him, when I went back in they were sitting pilled on the rocking chair- god only knows the weight limit on that thing- and Benji was laying alert, waving his hands and taking the opportunity to grab a hold of Haddiean's hair and pull.  

Haddiean barely even grunted, just swiped a hand at Benji's hand. Jody shifted her grip on Benji and wriggled in Haddiean's lap, laying her head in a different position on his shoulder.  

The bruises on Haddiean's jaw were fading, but even just seeing them reminded me of all the times I'd seen Lurinda bruise him while I was too weak to help him.  

Clenching my jaw I walked over to them and took Benji, then, one armed, I grabbed a throw blanket and tossed it over them. 

As I sat in the lounge room and played with Benji, my mind was wide awake. Racing. 

I was gunna get whoever had done this to my boy, if it was the last thing I did.  

At the knock on the door, I glanced at clock, it was 5 in the afternoon.  

I crossed to the door and opened it a crack, there was two police officers at the door. I opened the door wide and faced them, 'please tell my you caught the bastard that hurt my baby' 

They glanced at each other then at me, 'You'd be Kain?' the woman asked. 

I nodded, 'Cherry Flands and Kell Saras' I said. The two cops who'd talked to Jody and Denny.  

'Can we come in?' Flands asked.  

I shrugged and pulled the door open fully, watching their reations as they saw Benji.  

Cherry grinned, and Saras smiled, Benji, sensing the attention, gurgled and cooed to the full extent. 

'He's a beautiful baby, those two are lucky' Flands said.  

I lead them into the kitchen and waved them to a seat as I pulled a cold bottle from the fridge and put it in the microwave.  

'You didn't find anything'  

Saras raised an eyebrow at me, 'you don't seem surprised' he observed.  

I shrugged and held out a finger for Benji to wave around in his seemingly exciting way of his. 'If you'd have found anything you wouldn't look so grim' 

Flands sighed, 'I hate cases like this' she muttered.  

I stayed silent. 

'We came to see if you had anything to add to the information your son and his girlfriend gave us this arvo' 

Grabbing the bottle from the microwave as it dinged, I stuck a teat on it, tested it, and stuck it in Benji's waiting mouth. Sitting across from the police officers I sighed, 'well we can assume that Denny never told you about his mother....'

KELL SARAS' POV 

Two words, pond scum that's what Lurinda Perry was. Anyone could tell that kid she had was special, and she threw it away. More then threw it away.  

When he spoke about this wife, Kain Perry's face went from blank to mindless rage. When he told us about how she drugged him and made him watch as she beat Haddiean my own blood boiled along with his. 

This kid had gone through hell and back, and Jody had been there as well. That must have made it worse. She'd fixed him up and tended his wounds. Doing so again a few days ago must have brought back horrible memories for her.  

'She always loved him, a few times, times when Haddiean was hurt real bad, I practically had to sit on her to stop her from going after Lurinda herself. She always had a strong will' he said 'and a heart even stronger'  

We heard a noise from the next room and a few moments later, a sleepy head rounded the doorjam.  

Her ears must have been burning. 

Jody smiled sleepily at us and crossed to Kain, sitting beside him, dragging her chair close.  

'Den's still asleep' she muttered, laying her head on Kain's shoulder and stroking her sons cheek. 

'Sometimes I would have to give him the painkillers first then take a look' with her voice barely above a whisper, she continued the story, 'I never thought of him as weak, but I'd never seen him vulnerable before, and it scared me shitless' she paused to take Benji from Kain and cuddle him close. 'I hated myself for it, I told myself to be brave, for him.  

Sometimes I wondered if the only reason she let me patch him up, was so she could hit him again' she looked up her pale eyes watering 'it was so cruel, what she did, and why? What did she get out of it?'  

Sitting straight and whipping her eyes Jody looked at us with determination, 'I am not going to let her ruin Den's life, she'll never get close to him again, if it's the last thing I do, I'll make sure of that'

-------------

yay?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 110K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.4M 158K 84
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1M 25.9K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
198K 9.7K 62
Fight For Love Series Book 3 After the way he left things in College eight years ago, Kaiden is back in Josie's life with one aim only - to get her f...