My World of Secrets

By XxKidnappedKissxX

Chloe Nevers is a sophomore is high school and has a secret. It's a secret that no one can know because of th... More

Chapter 1: Meet Chloe
Chapter 2: An Unexpected Encounter
Chapter 3: The Secret Is Out
Chapter 5: The Daily Life of Chloe Nevers
Chapter 6: Waking Up To Death
Chapter 7: Bleeding Venom
Chapter 8: Date Night
Chapter 9: Self Defense and Ice Cream
Chapter 10: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 11: Losing Love
Chapter 12: Keep Believing
Chapter 13: Bff's With The Villain
Chapter 14: Thinking Of Everything And Nothing
Chapter 15: The Escape
Chapter 16: Spewing Blood Is Normal Right?

Chapter 4: Rose

236 7 3
By XxKidnappedKissxX

                                             VOTE VOTE VOTE! And COMMENT :D

                                                                  Chapter 4: 

As I drove home I thought about everything I had just told Tyler. He didn’t take it as bad as I thought he would. He actually said we could be friends. Joy bubbled up inside of me at the thought of having an actual friend.

God…I sound like a loner.

I finally had a friend who was normal that I could talk to for the first time in my whole one hundred and eighty years. Tyler seemed trustworthy enough to not tell anyone. We had exchanged phone numbers and he told me to call him if I needed to talk.

But I was worried about what Jessie’s reaction would be. Would she encourage it? Or would she think it was a mistake telling him? I mean I didn’t exactly have a choice…

I pulled into the driveway of our house and locked the car after getting out. After I quickly got inside the house I noticed that it seemed quieter than usual. Jess usually left the TV on or the radio so the house would be a little livelier. I peeked into her room but it was empty as well.

I started worrying. What if someone got to Jess? I pushed those thoughts aside since I didn’t see any signs of struggle. I decided she probably went out jogging or something like that. I went upstairs to my room and as I reached for the doorknob (I always keep my door shut) the door suddenly flew open.

I screamed then frantically stumbled back and ended up hitting my head on the railing of the stairs. I quickly looked back up to see something red dart at me.

“Wha’?!” I yelled as the thing rapped his or her arms around me.

“Chloe! I missed you so freaking much!” A feminine voice squealed.

“Rose?” The girl, clinging to me like her life depended on it, nodded. “Rose! What are you doing here?!” I asked excitedly. I peeled the tiny girl off of me and saw that she was grinning at me like a maniac.

“John and I are moving here!” John was Rose’s guardian and like Jess and I, Rose and John were also immortal. We found them a while back while we were living in Japan. Apparently they were doing the same thing as us: running. Immortals can sort of sense others that are like us and so far they were the only ones we have found.

“Are you serious?! That’s great!” I said. Rose nodded eagerly.

“Jess agreed to let us stay here for a while since this place is so darn big.” She said while look around the interior of the house.

“This is so exciting! This may seem sorta off topic but do you know where Jess is?” I asked worried.

“She’s out walking with John.” Rose chirped with a mischievous grin on her face.

Ever since Jess and I met them, John always seemed to be flirting with Jess. And Jess definitely never discouraged it. Rose and I had been trying to set them up for a long time.

“Perfect.” I said grinning.

Rose grabbed me and yanked my inside of my room. She was basically the epitome of hyper. This girl could talk for hours non-stop. I'm not even kidding. Rose was like an older sister to me. Even though she was, in body form, only a year younger than me, she had been alive at least a hundred years more than me. It was nice having someone to talk to every now and then.

I rubbed the back of my head, which had started throbbing since I hit it on the railing. “What’s wrong?” Rose asked with her head cocked to the side.

“You scared the crud out of me when you open the door and I ended up hitting my head on the railing!” She looked embarrassed and said, “I'm sorry Chlo! Well at least you know it’s not possible to get a concussion!”

“It’s okay, it’s not the first time I’ve been hurt today” I replied.

“What do you mean?” She asked confused. “Uh…well I kind of…met a guy today…” I started. I didn’t really have a chance to continue cause Rose went into her crazy mode. It happens a lot with her.

“OH MY GOSH!! You met a guy!? Was he hot?! Was he nice?! Oh who cares if he’s nice…was he hot?!”

“Rose! Calm down! Yes, he was very cute.” I felt my cheeks heating up already. “He, er, kinda found out I’m...immortal.” I stared at her waiting for her reaction.

She had a blank expression then said, “Rose, are you sure that was a good idea?”

“I didn’t exactly have a choice! He saw me heal and started asking questions. I’m not completely sure if I trust him but he seemed sincere when he said he wouldn’t tell anyone!”

“That’s good, just remember what happened with Reilly.” She told me with a solemn look on her face. I remembered very well. Reilly was a guy Rose had dated for a year. Eventually she had to break up with him so he wasn’t in danger and wouldn’t notice she wasn’t getting any older. After that, Rose went through a phase which consisted of sitting in her room with the lights off, crying, eating chocolates and whole buckets of ice cream with a spoon. You know...the stuff you see girls do in movies after a breakup.

I decided to change the subject so Rose wouldn’t have to think about him. “Will you come with me? To the cemetery, I mean. I’ve been meaning to visit it since I got here.”

“Of course I will!” Rose replies as we start walking out the door. “You’ve been in Seattle for three months and you still haven’t visited?”

Every time Jessie and I moved to a different place we always went to the cemetery closest to us to see if anyone we knew was there. It was sort of depressing but it felt good when I got to say a proper goodbye. I never got to do that with my sister and my parents.

“I didn’t really have time, you know? I have high school. Why do we have to go anyway? It’s not like we’re learning anything we don’t already know!”

“Ooh! Guess what?!” Rose asked with her eyes wide. Rose was very predictable so I had an idea of what she was going to say. 

“You’re going to go to Riverstone High School too?” I asked.

The excited expression dropped from her face and was replaced by an annoyed one. “Geez, you just had to ruin the surprise, didn’t you!?”

I giggled and said, “You know me…always taking the fun out things!”

“Seriously!” She grumbled. I swear, this child has mood swings or something cause all of a sudden she starts skipping gleefully to the car.

“Yes! I finally get to go to high school with you! Are there any cute guys there?” She asks after buckling the seatbelt.

I rolled my eyes and said, “You’re too boy crazy for your own good.” I wouldn’t be surprised if guy tried to ask her out at school though. She was gorgeous. She was slightly tanned with bright red hair, a small button nose, and wide brown eyes.

I tried to pull my seatbelt down but it wouldn’t budge. “Rose, can you help me? It’s stuck.”

“That’s what she said!” Rose blurted. “Sorry…I couldn’t help myself!” I laughed at her as she reached over and pulled it down with one harsh yank.

“Oh…whoops.” I said embarrassed. I mean, really? This girl was way tinier than me and yet she was still stronger. I really needed to work out…

I pulled out of the driveway and we drove to the nearest cemetery, which was about fifteen minutes away. Rose filled me in on everything her and John had been doing for the past year. Apparently, they had saved some family from a house that was on fire and lived in Singapore for most of the year. Then they came back and decided to find us. During the car ride, Rose, being her random self, decided to turn the radio up full volume.

“IT’S HARD TO LOOK RIGHT AT YOU BAAAABBBBYYY, SO HERE’S MY NUMBER, SO CALL ME MAYBE!” She sang at the top of her lungs and bobbed her head up and down to the beat of the song. I just grinned and shook my head at her silliness.

We finally arrived at the cemetery and got out of the car to get inside the cemetery through the towering gate in front of us. It creaked as I pushed it open and I noticed the little raindrops sliding down the black metal. I looked up and saw that it had stopped raining. Finally. We slowly made our way through the mud and got to the rows of graves.

By now it was about 8:00 and getting dark. This only added to the creepiness of the cemetery. I felt like any second a ghost was gonna jump out of it’s grave and start chasing me around. Yes…I’m afraid of the dark. Don’t judge!

As I scanned the tombstones looking for a familiar name, I heard Rose call me. I ran to her worried she had somehow gotten into trouble but my heart stopped when I saw a distraught look on her face.

“Chlo, I’m so sorry.” She whispered.

Could it be possible…?

My gaze followed her arm down to what she was pointing to and I automatically felt tears coming into my eyes. I felt the mud soaking through my jeans as I kneeled down to look at the grave planted in front of me.

Laura Leigh Greene, 1836-1921. Loving mother, wife, daughter, and sister.

My sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! VOTE/COMMENT/FAN! I know it was put up earlier than I would usually but I was bored and decided to write it! BYE YOU AWESOME PEOPLE! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 24K 34
Jeremy Heere had always been into girls. If you want to be more specific, Christine Canigula. That was a fact well known to he and his best friend, M...
6.9K 338 22
mikalah carver (or preferably, mikah byers) was raised in a lab where he became 'two' where the experimentation only heightened mikah's developed wer...
1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
5K 662 38
You all know the bad boy good girl story, you don't know the one where a clichΓ© story turns into a brutal murder mystery. Luke's parents have had eno...