Origin of Addictions [✔]

By letty505

Addiction is when you can't get enough of what you don't want anymore. Addiction is defined as not having co... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Final Chapter

Chapter 20

44 4 0
By letty505

Chapter 20 

After devouring the sandwich like a hungry beast, I was offered to change into some presentable clothes. I accepted with gratitude as Alexis reminds me that I would soon pay him back by working for him. It made me feel better knowing I wasn't another charity case. 

I was so lucky! 

He introduced my to some of his co-workers and soon it was night. "Do you have a place to stay?" He asked, putting on his jacket getting ready to go home. 

"Yeh," I lied. 

"I'll drop you off," He grabbed his car keys from his desk. I panicked, "No! It's not far from here," 

He looked at me with suspicion, shaking his head, "It's raining outside. I'm dropping you off!" 

I nodded, I guess I'm going to have to tell him my home address. The car journey was quiet the radio played in low volume as the heat blasted from the car. I stared outside watching the other cars pass away. I didn't belong in this expensive black mercedes, I was amazed at the intricate detail put in this car. There was thread hand stitched into the car just for its design. A monstrous growl escaped the engine as Alexis drove feeling on top of the world. This car was a powerful machinery. 

Arriving outside my parents house I could tell Alexis gaze over the building judging it. 

"Right well, this is it!" I called grabbing his attention. "Again thank you for the job and this car ride," 

He smirked, "My pleasure,"   

Looking over the building brought back my haunting memories. I didn't want return back. I couldn't find it in me to smile back, so I just forced myself hoping it was a believable attempt.  

I got out shutting the door gently, I walked around the car. I waved hoping he would drive off, he waved back watching me in the car. I helplessly laughed turning around to replace the laugh with a scowl. 

I could still hear the car behind me, I didn't even have the keys. I walked over to the pouch, there were boxes with household objects inside. My Uncle must have cleared the house out, I concluded.  

Sadly I reached for the door handle, it would be a miracle if it was open. I wanted to lean my head against the door and cry. When it didn't budge I knocked, ringing the bell. Maybe someone was inside. When no one answered, my head fell forward with my hair curtaining my face in sorrow. I felt defeated unable to conquer one problem after another. 

I felt footsteps behind me, I already knew who it was. A gentle hand rested on my shoulder, as a tear fell from my eye. I didn't react, as slowly the hand guided me to turn. I landed in his chest with sobs that I couldn't control. I could only hold it in for so long. Any more and I would have turned into a statue. 

"Everything's okay," He cooed, his hand running through my hair. He held my face in his hands looking me straight in the eyes, "Why didn't you tell me?" 

I covered my face with my hair, feeling unguarded and embarrassed. Rely on me to cry in front of my boss. I just couldn't meet his eyes. 

"Come with me," He whispered. 

He grabbed my hand, guiding me back to the car. Opening the door for me he encouraged me to sit. I wiped my stupid arse tears with the back of my hand. He drove off faster than before, I could sense the eagerness in him. 

I was scared, flashes of Zackary played in my mind. Would he take me home just to destroy the little self esteem I had left in me? 

We arrived, his place was huge. Like none other. I sniffed, not liking this. He reminded me of Zackary, he was rich as well. 

Alexis got out of the car as I stayed put. Confused he walked over to my door, he knocked on the window. Opening the door, he said, " Come out, we've arrived!" 

"Li, I don't live on my own. I have a family in there!" he pointed to the house sensing my uncertainty. "No need to be scared," 

I gulped, "Your married?" 

He laughed, "No! My parents, grandparents, my uncle and aunts, my cousins, my siblings, and my nieces and nephews live here," He said with in one breath.  

I was amazed, astonished, "Welcome to the Montigue Manor," He gestured to the extravagant mansion. 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Man, this song hit hards. AIN'T NO SUNSHINE WHEN SHE'S GOOONNNEE! *Sings like RM*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 54 13
aph·ro·dis·i·ac /ˌafrəˈdizēˌak,afrəˈdēzēˌak/ noun a food, drink, or drug that stimulates sexual desire. (04/30/19 - 06/05/19)
1K 751 20
After the death of his father due to his addiction Jacob understands the true meaning of life and starts a journey with her mother and sister to earn...
Numbed By Kiki

Fanfiction

4.9K 211 14
Numb is the beginning to addiction Getting Numbed is the addiction when your in something for so long that's all you know, live & breath. Going throu...
3.7K 112 3
It all started with a simple kiss, but gradually turned into an addiction... An addiction not easily to cope with and so strong that made them crave...