Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Excitedly he grabbed my arm and pushed me with him into the house, "I just hope everyone likes you as I do," 

That made my anxiety skyrocket, I was never good at meeting new people. Just imagining communicating with people made me nauseous. 

A butler of some sort appeared taking Alexis jacket off, "Henry!" He greeted as the butler was in the process of hanging the jacket, "Tell the chefs to prepare extra we have a guest," He looks towards me.  

The butler nodded walking away, I turned to Alexis ready to protest. 

I was interrupted by a woman's voice, "My boy! I was getting so worried you came home late," She called wrapping her arms around Alexis. "Do you know the Mason twins have been chanting your name ever since you've promised to take them to disneyland. It's getting on everyone's nerves sort it out," She scowled him. She reached to pat his cheeks lovelingly.  

Alexis rolled his eyes, muttering, "Yes Mother,"  

She noticed my presence and breathed in surprise, "Oh you brought a guest," She said fondly walking over to me. Awkwardly she analysed me from top to bottom not giving anything away. 

"Hi Mrs Montigue," I greeted politely. 

"I like her already," She announced to Alexis, "Is she your girlfriend?" She looked over her shoulder to ask. Alexis smirked as I coughed in a choking fit. Fist bumping my chest I calmed down. 

"No Mother, she's just a friend!" He told her adding a quite "Yet,". My eyes widened, my mind debating if I heard right. 

"She's so pretty, I'd have gorgeous grandchildren" She said holding my cheeks in her hands scanning my face. I blushed beet red. 

"Mother!" He complained, "Leave her alone, you're scaring her!" 

"Nonsense dear," She dismissed him, she turned to look in my eyes, "This is the first time he's brought a girl home, you must be very dear to him." She analysed, she opened her arms. "Give me a hug, will you?" 

I looked towards Alexis who was smiling fondly, I accepted her hug. She squeezed me hardly making me gasp for my breath. Oh, she was crushing my bones! 

She let go, showing all her straight white teeth towards me in a grin, "What's your name dear?" She asked. 

"Liana, Mrs Montigue," I answered. 

"Call me Karen dear," She insisted, I felt Alexis look intensely at me. I sensed he didn't want me to call his Mum by her first name so I just nodded. 

"Karen!" A gruff old ladies voice shouted, Mrs Montigue sighs out of exhaustion rubbing her forehead in stress as she turned around. 

"Here we go again," She muttered under her breath.