Glitch || Vision/JARVIS

By AngelicTrickster

No one knew technology better than her. No one knew the struggles of having a power that allowed her to do th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 14

476 11 0
By AngelicTrickster

When she got to the airport, Eve was escorted onto the private jet before she was whizzed off to New Mexico. There, she was driven to a secure location that had S.H.I.E.L.D members and agents crawling all over it. She felt very much out of place there, but she couldn't really do anything about that.

So, she just stayed quiet and behaved herself until she was taken to Agent Coulson. When she was, she was relieved to have a familiar face around. "Agent Coulson," She greeted, shaking his hand with her gloved one. Phil glanced at the glove for a moment before he shook her hand back. "Nice to see you again."

"Ms. Porter." Phil greeted back.

"So," Eve began. "What am I here for?"

"We're having technological errors happening," Phil replied, leading Eve to one of the computer stations. "Something keeps interfering with our connection, so it's difficult to keep working or to save our data."

"Right," Eve nodded as she saw the fuzzy and choppy connection on the screen. "Have you tried rebooting the entire system?" She asked as she set her jacket down on the chair next to her. "Perhaps an entire system reboot is all it needs, maybe the equipment isn't used to this kind of terrain." She added as well.

"We've tried that," Phil replied. "Same result."

"Okay," Eve said quietly. "Um, may I?" Eve asked, gesturing to the computer.

"Please," Phil replied. "It's why you're here." Eve sat down on the chair and began her work. First, she tried it with her natural skill, without using her ability. She got it stable for a few moments, and was able to get to the page they were trying to look at.

"If you don't mind my asking, but what is it you're doing here, and what is it that I'm going to be seeing while I'm here?" Eve asked as she worked.

"Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss that with you." Phil replied.

"Hmm," Eve hummed. "Kind of silly to say that, don't you think?" She asked softly. She meant no offense, but considering she was going to be in their system, she could quite easily hack into them and find out for herself. Of course, Eve wasn't about to tell them that, so she decided to go with the innocuous questions.

"What makes you say that?" Phil asked.

"Considering I'm in your system right now, and I'm helping you get all your files back up and running." Eve shrugged. "So, I'm going to be seeing a lot without meaning too, really. I just figured I'd give you a chance to tell me yourself before I accidentally stumble on it on my own."

Phil thought about it for a moment before he realized that she was right. She was going to see most of what they were doing anyway, so he may as well just tell her. "We're investigating a strange object that is emmiting odd signs. We're not sure what it is."

"I see," Eve replied. She almost had the whole system up and running when it fizzed out again. "Damn." Eve muttered. "Okay, uh, this should only take a second or two." She said as she stood up and went to her bag where the sphere was. Placing it on the desk, Eve sat back down and tapped it, which caused a screen to appear. "Hey handsome, need your help with something." Eve greeted.

"How may I be of assistance, Eve?" JARVIS questioned.

"Need you to run a scan real quick." Eve replied.

"You brought Stark tech?" Phil questioned.

"Yeah," Eve replied. "Know of any better tech?" She asked back.

"I told you, we don't want Mr. Stark involved in this."

"And he won't be." Eve replied. "This is one of my own designs, I just used some of Tony's stuff to make it is all. So, technically, it's his tech, but it's mostly mine considering I designed and created it myself."

"What is it?"

"A direct link to JARVIS." Eve said. "I made it so that it was secure and could be taken virtually anywhere. This is the prototype model, though. So, I won't be surprised if it goes out a few times."

"Prototype?"

"Mhmm," Eve hummed as she worked. "How's the scan?"

"Almost complete." JARVIS replied.

"Good, because this is gonna crap out on me again." Eve said. "Gotta see if this tech is even possible, Agent Coulson. So, I made a prototype for it. I'll enhance it later and make it better."

"You sound like Stark." Phil said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Eve responded as she stood up. "Where are the other computers?" She asked.

"On the other side of camp, why?" Phil asked.

"Tah," Eve scoffed as she turned to face him. "Never put tech too far from other tech, unless it's necessary for it to function. That's why the signal is weak, because it's too stretched out and you're trying to do too much with it."

"What do you suggest?" Phil asked.

"Move all computers and all research to be near one another." Eve replied. "Then I can get a better read on what we've got here." While she could easily solve this situation without a problem, she was curious as to what was going on here. She knew it had to be something good, or else S.H.I.E.L.D wouldn't be there.

And so, they all began to work on doing what she recommended. Once the computers and most of their equipment was close to one another, Eve set to work. She was right in her reasoning to think the links were weak because of the distance. Already, there was an improvement in the equipment.

"Well, I guess you were right, Ms. Porter." Phil said. The screens still weren't all that clear, but they were better. "What's next?"

"I just have to smooth talk your generator that is powering all of this." Eve replied. At Phil's questioning look, Eve smirked slightly. "I mean, I have to go check out your generator, so I can work on what seems to be the issue. Because of the weak signal is not the main problem, then it's something to do with the generator."

"I see," Phil nodded once. "This way, then." He lead the way to the generator and Eve raised an eyebrow when she saw it.

"Pretty dated tech here, Agent." Eve said.

"I know, we're working on it." He replied. "I suppose I'll leave you to it." Nodding at him, Eve got to work. She opened the control box and looked at all the wires and connections and cables. She hadn't seen tech like this in a while, so used to the toys Tony had back at the house. However, she knew how to work with this kind of system.

Glancing around, Eve made sure no one was actively watching her before she started whispering to the machine. "Alright, what's wrong now?' She asked it. "What's got you all moody, huh?" Reaching her hand inside, Eve began tinkering with the wires, using her gift to see what she needed to see.

It took a while, but everyone noticed the change in the computers, and they were able to get some work done. It still wasn't anywhere near perfect, but it was an improvement. Phil smirked a little to himself, having thought it was a good idea that he brought her in. If even Tony needed her for help, he assumed she would be the better choice to come out here.

And he was right, Eve was productive, and she got right to work. She asked the important questions and didn't pry too much. It was as if she was a more polite and reserved version of Tony. She had the mind and skill, just not the mouth and attitude. Soon, it was getting dark and Eve was still hard at work.

"Getting tired, Eve?" JARVIS asked.

"Not at all." Eve replied. "Do me a favor and remind me to tell Agent Coulson that I really need to have a conversation with their tech department."

"Will do." JARVIS said, an amused lit in his voice.

"Uh oh," Eve said, her own tone playful. "I know that tone." She smiled as she continued to work with the wires.

"What tone?" JARVIS asked, trying to sound innocent.

"Uh huh," Eve rolled her eyes. "Like you don't know what I'm talking about." She teased. If he could have, JARVIS would have chuckled.

"You know me well." JARVIS replied.

"Oh, well, I'd think so, considering." Eve replied. The two continued their banter as she worked and Eve couldn't help but laugh as JARVIS quipped back at her really well. Soon enough, Agent Coulson came to check on her progress as well as to offer her a break. He paused when he heard her laughter from behind the generator, thinking she was talking to one of the other agents.

However, that wasn't the case, as he heard the familiar voice of Tony's A.I. It was odd, Phil had never heard an A.I sound so... playful, and happy. Shaking his head slightly, he kept walking forward. "Ms. Porter." Phil greeted.

"Agent Coulson." Eve replied as she stood. Her jeans were a little muddy and dirty, and she had a few strands of hair in her face that fell from her pony tail.

"How are you doing with the generator?" Phil asked.

"Fine," Eve replied. "Uh, it should take me a day at the most to get it up and running to it's full capabilities."

"Good," Phil replied. "You can take a break if you wish, even visit the town if you wish to get something to eat."

"Okay, great." Eve smiled. "I think I'll take you up on that one." Nodded in return, Phil left her to her own devices. "Oh, just be back before nightfall." He added before leaving her for good for the day. Shrugging, Eve took the sphere and walked away from the generator and over to the labyrinth of a walkway system.

Eve was able to get out and was allowed to use one of the cars to go into town. Driving there at a leisure pace, Eve wandered over to the diner for some food. She was quite hungry, so she would be glad to have some food.

Eve sat by herself in one of the few corner tables in the diner. She smiled politely at the waitress and ordered a sandwich and a lemonade. "So, how's Tony take to me leaving on such short notice?" Eve asked.

"As well as one could imagine." JARVIS replied.

"So, did he throw a tantrum?" Eve asked in amusement.

"A minor one." JARVIS said. "Although he seemed fine with it after he got his barrings. Considering I told him that I am in constant contact with you"

"Aww," Eve smiled slightly. "He worries about me."

"Indeed, Ms. Potts wasn't too happy about your sudden absence, but she too was glad to know that I am in constant contact with you."

"As am I," Eve smiled wider. "It would have been so boring without you to talk too." JARVIS felt a strange buzz flow through his circuits at that. While JARVIS was intelligent, he still didn't understand what he was feeling and why he was feeling it. But, he enjoyed feeling it, so he didn't question it too hard.

Her lunch was uneventful for the most part, until three men came into the diner. They didn't look to be the friendly kind, but they seemed to be known to the workers and a few of the other guests there. Scanning the room, the man in the middle smirked when he spotted Eve. Eve glanced his way but then looked away again.

"Shit, shit, shit." She muttered to herself when she realized he was walking over to her.

"What is it?" JARVIs asked quietly.

"Guy thinking he's Fonzee is strutting his stuff over to me." Eve replied. "Why do I always get the douchebags?' She asked. First she had Justin Hammer drooling on her, and now she has this guy.

"Remain calm." JARVIS advised. "You're alright, you are in a public setting, there isn't much he can do to you here without risking getting into trouble himself."

His words seemed to calm Eve, as she let out a soft deep breath as she continued to pointedly ignore the man as he sat in front of her. "Hey there, pretty lady." He grinned. "Name's Duke."

"Hello." Eve replied quietly.

"Aww, do I scare ya, little mouse?"

"Not really." Eve replied. "I just prefer being alone."

"Sorry, honey, but when I saw your pretty face, I couldn't help myself. I ahd to come over and talk to you." Duke grinned wider. "What's you're name, sweet cheeks?"

"Eve." She said back. "I'd really appreciate it if you left me alone, Duke."

"Aw, come on, don't be like that." Duke chuckled. He tried flirting with her, but Eve kept deflecting. She was high uncomfortable in his presence, so she decided it was time for her to leave.

"Listen, I'm flattered, really, I am." Eve said as she took out a few dollars. "But I have to go."

"Aw, don't break my heart, sweets." Duke replied. "Stay a little longer, eh?" He asked. "Join me for a drink at least."

"It's 5 in the afternoon." Eve replied, raising an eyebrow. "I don't drink before six."

"Great, then meet me at the bar tonight at six, eh?" Duke grinned.

"I... I don't know." Eve said. "I'm really busy and I've got important things I need to do."

"Just one drink, honey." Duke replied.

Repressing the urge to roll her eyes, Eve sighed. "Alright, maybe. But as I said, I've got a lot of work to do."

"Hey, I'll take it, pretty lady." Duke smiled. Eve offered one back before she paid for her meal and left the diner. She got back in her car and drove to the sight again.

"Ugh," she groaned. "That was annoying."

"I am inclined to agree." JARVIS replied.

"Why do I always get the attention of the douchebags?" She asked again. "First it was Justin Hammer, now this guy."

"You're not actually getting a drink with him, are you?" JARVIS asked.

"No," Eve scoffed. "Besides, I doubt Coulson would let me leave at night, anyway." Only, when she returned to the compound, Eve didn't intend on being scared half to death by a crazy man who was trying to get to whatever they had in the crater that S.H.I.E.L.D was looking at.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 528 13
A xreader fanfiction. Any gender reader. You were trying so hard to hide your powers but with each passing day it was getting more difficult. Until o...
71.3K 1.1K 58
Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for death. I met evil when I was only a chi...
335 21 29
"Not all strength is visible when you look at somebody, just like not all scars are visible. Your brain, Tony, is just about as strong as anybody els...
26K 607 25
"The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we n...