From Somewhere Beyond || A Ta...

By RajoshiChakraborty

The one thing that I got from you is love. But I can't hold onto it anymore. I'm happy with the memories we... More

From Somewhere Beyond

41 8 19
By RajoshiChakraborty

The forest behind me was calm.

The only sound that nature made was the sound of the lake water splashing on the shore.

Beyond that everything was foggy.

Just like my memories.....

***

It wasn't my first mission. I was used to it.

Travelling through time, to make amends to the past, to fix the loopholes and to make sure the progression of events are not disturbed.

And especially, to not form any attachments.

That's all that a Time Agent does.

That's what I thought too...

...Until I met him.

***

A smile crept up on my sad face.

Cold wind blew around me. But somehow the memory of his smile and laugh brought back all the necessary warmth.

***

"I'm Kim Taehyung." He flashed a big, cheerful smile.

I raised an eyebrow. "Hello then..."

"You're the new trainee here?" He asked.

"Yes." Was my curt reply. That was my alias for now.

'Aishhhh this guy talks way too much.' I thought, irritated. 'Anyway I just got to do my job and-'

"Oh, and your name?" Taehyung asked curiously.

I was already dead tired from all the practice. Who knew 21st century people used to do a lot of work. All this made me cranky. And...

...I burst out. "Really? Do you have no work? Stop pissing me. I'm already tired."

Taehyung's reaction made me feel guilty. He looked very much apologetic and well...adorable.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

He was almost about to turn around and go when...

"N-no. I'm sorry." I spoke hurriedly. "I was only exhausted and-"

"-I kept pestering you?" Taehyung grinned. "In that case I'm sorry. And I got to treat you as an apology."

"What! No!" I exclaimed. I got to fix some things and go my way in a few weeks. I cannot spend my useful time having a meal with a stranger.

"Please?" He made a puppy-like face.

'Noooooooooo. You can't win like that mister.'

Taehyung had that cheesy grin on his face as we were eating lunch at a nearby restaurant.

"It's like a date!" He exclaimed happily, his mouth full of food.

"Shut it." I grumbled.

***

I was happy inside. It was the first time I've ever been asked out by someone. Genuinely.

It was a breath of fresh air.

***

"...so we fought again. But we talked about it and now everything's fine." Taehyung blabbered about another one of Bangtan's inner fights.

Obviously, I was half-listening. All my thoughts were on my previous call from my boss, from the future. It didn't go well.

Apparently, my work progress wasn't 'up to mark'. Always the same dialog. In the same way. No matter how much I break myself to complete the job I'm always a disappointment.

Fresh tears appeared in my eyes. Sometimes I just want to run away.

"You want to talk?" Taehyung asked concerned.

No matter what we talk about, he would always notice my sadness and would instantly stop his blabbering and ask me what's making me sad. That makes all the negativity evaporate.

I looked into his eyes and smiled. "I'm feeling good now."

"Really?" Taehyung asked, unsure.

I smiled and nodded.

A comfortable silence engulfed us. We were out for an early walk in a park and the sun was about to rise.

"Tae?"

"Hmm?"

"What would you do if you're expected to do better at something but you're always aren't up to someone's expectations?"

He shrugged. "Depends if that 'something' is what I like and want to do."

"Why?"

"Because if one likes what they're doing and are being complained about slacking off, then they just need to improve." Taehyung spoke. "If they aren't doing what they like then I'd say just don't do it and find your passion."

"What if the person doesn't know?" I asked.

"Then I can tell you." He smiled. "I can help you find what you like."

***

Not like. Love.

I don't know if I found what I liked but in that pursuit he was with me.

And I found someone whom I loved.

***

I researched a lot about Bangtan Sonyeondan. And I found out that they were very popular in the 21st century.

Sadly, none of their music was left in the archives of our time. The Dark Wars of the 25th century were a complete disaster that destroyed many countries. Many things were also destroyed by some anti groups.
So now in the 32nd century, in my world, almost nothing was left of the pre-war world.

I sighed angrily. I wanted to listen to BTS. I wanted to listen to Taehyung.

"Why the angry face again?" Taehyung sat down beside me on the floor in the practice room.

I didn't even notice that everyone had gone.

"Um...nothing." I said. Fiddling with my fingers I looked at Taehyung. "Can you tell a place where I might find all of BTS's music albums?"

Taehyung smirked. "I, myself, am sitting here right in front of you. Can't I sing for you?"

"Sure." An unexpected giggle escaped from my mouth.

***

Butterfly.

That was the song he had sung.

How did I remember this from my vague memories?

Cause it's echo still remains in my heart.

***

The waves crashed roughly on the sea shore as the sky grew stormy. But for me and Taehyung it was a perfect time and a perfect place to have a walk.

He looked somewhat fidgety. I knew why.

We had the same reason after all.

"I love you." He said, softly.

I smiled. "I love you too."

We stopped.

Taehyung looked into my eyes. "I think there's a 'but'."

"There was always that 'but'." I said as tears began to flow from my eyes. "You made it impossible for me to say it."

Taehyung looked away. Tears lining his cheeks.

Then looking towards me he gave his brightest smile. "I don't know where or why you'll go. But let's make happy memories as long as we're together. So happy that they'll last a lifetime. Okay?"

I nodded and he caught my hand and we started running.

The sound of our laughter soon overpowered the sound of the waves crashing on the sea shore.

***

That was the last time that we were together.

The next day I needed to go. My work here was done.

I never gave Tae any words of goodbye.

I simply left.

Now standing here, in the quiet forest on the shore that separates everything, I felt wetness on my cheeks.

This timeless place that brought back all the memories.

Was it a gift or pain?

Time.

It brought us together. It made us fall apart.

But it was a beautiful fall. One that had no regrets.

Kim Taehyung.

From somewhere beyond I'll love you still,

But for now,

I'm ready to Let Go.....

*****************************

Author's Note -

A one shot. But I wanted to write a small romantic BTS fanfiction. 😍

Unfortunately, in the romance genre I can only write one shots. So here we go. 😂😂😂

Anyway, please vote and comment. 😉

Khamsahamnida 😊

P.S. - Here's a wallpaper that I made. 😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
179K 18.5K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.1M 37.8K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
803K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...