๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Prologue

56.6K 1K 978
By ASTRAGAZER-

"It has nothing to do with you."

"I'll see you when I'm back."

"Sakura, thank you."

His words are forever embedded in Sakura's mind. Two years ago, in the gate of Konohagakure, Sasuke had bid his farewell with a forehead poke and promise to bring her on his next journey. Sakura still felt Sasuke's touch on her forehead just on the rhombus shape Byakugou Seal that's proof of her strength in Medical Ninjutsu and beauty. Her hand grazed her forehead and a smile tugged on her lips.

"Sasuke-kun's touch was so warm and soft." She said and smiled wider.

"Daydreaming again, Sakura?" Ino's voice startled her out of her wits and she arranged her desk full of paper works.

After the war, Sakura decided to help the children deal with the anxiety and trauma left by the 4th Great Shinobi War.

"I-ino! What brought you here?" She asked, almost flustered that she caught her smiling like an idiot while touching her forehead.

"Lord Sixth called you in his office. Get your lazy ass there before Naruto came barging in here."

Sakura blinked. Naruto was called too? She stood and asked Ino to take care of the hospital while she's gone.

Sakura went straight to the Hokage's office. Meeting Shikamaru who gave her a knowing look along the way. When she opened the door to the Hokage's office, she was met by an impatient looking Naruto who was on the verge of flying through the roof. Sakura's eyes drifted to their white-haired Sensei who was holding a scroll in hand.

A mission? But Naruto had just gotten married to send him on a mission right away.

"Ah, Sakura, you're here." Kakashi addressed her and the pinkette bowed her head in respect.

"Sakura-chan! We've got very great news! It's Sasuke-teme! You heard me?! Sasuke-teme's on the way back to Konoha." Naruto said, or more like shouted.

Sakura had to stop for a second to fully let Naruto's words sink in her mind.

Her eyes slowly widen and her heart suddenly picked its pace.

"S-sasuke-kun... is going back....home?" She said slowly as she looked at the scroll that her Sensei was holding.

Slowly, her eyes lit up and her lips form into a wide grin.

"Sasuke-kun is going back home." She said and almost jumped in joy. Her grin never wavers until a certain blonde stepped in front of her with an eyebrow raised.

"I knew it! You're still in lo-"

Naruto didn't have the liberty to finish his sentence as Sakura's fist came in contact with his face, sending him flying across the room. Kakashi looked at his former students and sighed. Some things never change.

"Oy, quit it you two. Let's head to the gate and welcome Sasuke."

The three of them did not waste a second to walked towards the Konoha gate. While waiting in front of the open gate, Sakura couldn't help herself but relive some memories.

This gate witnessed a lot of things. It saw every Shinobi that came and go. Shinobis who walked past the gate with a promise to come back home again. Shinobis from another village who walked inside with a welcoming atmosphere that state they are always welcome at home.

Sakura, as well, had her fair share of memories that this tall gate had witness. The time when Sasuke was just a child who was blinded by revenge. The time when Naruto was just a kid who promised to bring back Sasuke. The time when Team 7 went to missions outside the village. And most importantly, the time when Sasuke promised to bring her on his next journey.

Sakura looked up at the sky. It was almost nighttime. The sun was on its way under the horizon. The sky was painted in a combination or orange and purple hues and the stars are making their return back in the night sky.

"Sakura,"

A voice pulled her back from her reminiscing memories. She slowly looked in front of her and the time stood still. There, just a few feet away, stood a certain onyx haired man. He wore a brown poncho and a cloth wrapped around his forehead. His jet black hair was longer than before almost shielding his mismatch eyes from the public to admire.

"Sasuke-kun," the wind carried Sakura's words to Sasuke as the night air blew past him.

"Sakura, I'm home."

"Welcome home, Sasuke-kun."

And in that moment, it feels as if they're the only ones who stood in front of each other. The moment was almost perfect. Almost.

"Oy, Sasuke-teme, we're here too y'know." Naruto's voice shattered the moment between the pinkette and the ravenette.

Sakura had an irkmark on her forehead and her fist connected on Naruto's stomach.

"Sakura-chan, what was that for?" Naruto asked as he rubbed his stomach.

Sasuke walked in front of his two teammates and nodded at Naruto.

"Still hasn't change, I see." He said.

"Oy Teme, shut your mouth! I'm cooler than you now!"

"Naruto!"

Kakashi looked at his former students. His eyes recording the moments they share. And for the first time, he felt as if he was back in the good old days. The white-haired Hokage chuckled causing the three to stop bickering and looked at Kakashi in bewilderment.

"Let's go, brats. Dinner is on me."

Naruto jumped and run towards Kakashi, "Kaka-sensei, let's eat at Ichiraku!"

As the two student and teacher walked in front, Sasuke and Sakura fell a few steps behind. They both walked side by side. Sakura knew that she walked with Sasuke every time back in their genin days. But now that they've grown, walking like this was different. Sakura had to stop herself from launching herself to Sasuke now that they're so close together, literally.

They arrived at Ichiraku shortly and the sun had finally set for the moon to make its entrance in the star-filled night sky.

Nothing much had change. They were eating together at Ichiraku like in the good old days. And unfortunately, that includes the fact that they will never be able to see Kakashi's face. Before Sakura can even take her second bite of the ramen, Kakashi had already finish his and had arrange his mask.

Soon after, they had to bid a temporary farewell.

"I have lots of paper works left to do so take care." Kakashi was the first one to leave the group and head back to the Hokage's office.

"Crap! I forgot I had to go home early! Well, see you tomorrow Sasuke-teme, Sakura-chan!" Naruto waved and ran back to his home where the ever loyal Hyuga Princess awaits.

And then, just like when they were genin, both Sasuke and Sakura were the only ones left.

Both of them walked in the busy street of Konoha that was lit by lights from stores and lamppost. Unlike the people in the villages Sasuke had come to visit, the people in Konoha did not give him cold stares with daggers and ice shards. News had spread about his heroic deed that helped sealed Kaguya and saved the Shinobi World resulting to his crimes being pardoned by the Five Great Nations. In fact, there are even some who acknowledge him and gave him a bow of respect and ever so often he would find people smiling at him.

There's a warm feeling that spread through his chest when a child no more than eight years old, smiled at him and thank him for helping him when he tripped.

It felt so warm that Sasuke begin to feel a tug on his lips.

He is certain of one thing,

"I'm finally home." He said.

Sakura looked at him and smiled. She couldn't be any happier now that the old team 7 was back and Sasuke finally felt at home.

That is, until a certain thought struck the pink-haired kunoichi.

"Home? Umm, Sasuke-kun, if by any chance...do you have a place to stay for the night? You know, like an apartment or something since you rarely go back home." Sakura voiced her concern, hoping to hear the answer that would allow her to play her cards.

"Now that you mentioned it, I really don't ha-"

"You can stay in my apartment for the night." Sakura said, not letting Sasuke finish his sentence.

Sakura cleared her throat and looked in front, trying to hide her blush.

"I mean, if you don't have a place to stay for the night, you can stay in my apartment."

Sasuke thought of denying her request. He can stay at an inn. Besides, he plan to stay here for a couple of days and then go back on the road.

But looking at Sakura, he can't find a reason to refuse her.

"I think," he looked at her briefly, "I can stay in your place for a couple of nights. If it's fine with you."

Sasuke was expecting to hear a quick response just like a while ago. Maybe she would stutter and get flustered then hid her face behind her hair. How can he be such an idiot? They were no longer genin and Sakura had grown mature over the years. But it still surprise Sasuke.

"It's fine Sasuke-kun. You're always welcome to stay in my apartment for as long as you want." She said and looked at him with a smile. The perfect kind of smile.

Why did he go back home?

He never once forget about his promise to Sakura. That he would bring her with him to his next journey.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here's a new fanfic. I've wanted to write a SasuSaku fanfic and now here it is! I'm a big SasuSaku shipper since Naruto started so you can imagine how happy I was when the ship finally sailed! Lol.

We all knew Sasuke and Sakura had a beautiful daughter named Sarada. But the gap between Sakura Hiden and the start of Boruto has left the fandom (and that includes me) wanting for more and the fact that Kishimoto left the story of Sasuke and Sakura travelling together.

Hope you guys give this story a chance! I don't own Naruto or any of its characters. Masashi Kishimoto does. I only own the plot.

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 9.4K 42
โ๐๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ, (๐ฒ/๐ง).โž โ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ?โž โ๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก.โž ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ...
74.9K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...
122K 2.7K 23
A story about Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura's travel around the world. After more than two years of traveling for self redemption Uchiha Sasuke...