Enemies By Law

By Mysterious_Writer

Sapphire loved her family, especially her awkwardly still in love parents who she admired, so when she came b... More

Enemies By Law
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter ten: The unofficial date
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter 15

Chapter One

72.4K 3K 507
By Mysterious_Writer

Finally back from Uni, sorry for taking a while to get this chapter up, I am swamped to my neck with work, (We had Bill Clinton come over yea !) If you heard about the MH-17 Flight disaster :( Well I was a hostess in the conference were 2/3 of the plane was meant to come to, so obviously it was bad, emotions everywhere, and evreything so I was running 14 hour shifts as a point. That ends in a nother week or so, so bare (Bear?) with me. xx Hope all those passed away are in a better place now, such a disaster.

And Enjoy the beginning, and for those confused about the 2 "Summaries" Dw, Wattpad just screwed it up, they're meant to be together.

----------NOT EDITED AS I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY CORRECTIONS

 Sapphire Quartz

I reached for the door handle just as a hand swatted mine and a man maneuvered himself between me and the door.

I stepped back looking up and meeting blue eyes, "Do you have a problem?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"N-no?" I asked looking around. Did I need an appointment? He smiled running a hand through his brown hair and held his hand out, I was about to shake it when I realised he was pointing at something, the reception desk.

"Then go get one,"

I bit my lip urging myself not to slap the smirk of his face, who thought I needed an appointment to see my own dad.

"No you don't get it, I'm his daughter,"

"And I'm his mother, get an appointment,"

I scoffed, if this guy even met grandmother, I was sure he would regret it. I grunted and turned around not ready to fight after a thirteen our plane trip, when it really should have been on three hours. Who knew planes got cancelled and delayed for more than half a day.

I trudged over to the reception desk.

"Hi there, can I book an appointment?" 

A petite woman looked up smiling and nodded, "Of course, what's your name?"

"Sapphire, Sapphire Quartz," I said through clenched teeth. The fact that I was getting an appointment to see my own dad was ridiculous. I had never ever had to do this before, but then I had never seen that idiot guarding the door before either.

"Sapphire?"

I looked up at the sound of my name and smiled, finally someone I recognized.

"Jesse!"

Jesse was the well trusted personal assistant, body guard, punching bag of my dad and he hadn't aged a day since I last saw him. The same blue eyes and the same blonde hair surfer look, too bad it was raining outside to do any type or surfing and judging by his wet hair, he must have also got drenched.

"Haha, if it's my little girl," he said squeezing me into a hug, "What are you doing here kid?" he said ruffling my hair.

I smacked his hand off and leaned back, "I'm twenty, I'm not little anymore, and I'm getting an appointment to see dad,"

Jesse narrowed his eyes before stepping back, "Don't be silly, you don't need an appointment to see Darius,"

I scoffed, "Well according to the three headed dog guarding the door, I do,"

"Excuse us Catherine," he told the receptionist before walking and motioning for me to follow him, "I'll slay the beast for you, come on now,"

He was right where I left him, standing by the door with his hands crossed over his chest.

"Him?"

"Him," I said nodding as Jesse shook his head. I stood crossing my hand and smiling, yea three headed dog try telling Jesse he needed an appointment.

They had a stare of before Jesse looked back at me and raised a finger pointing to the guy, and I nodded, that was him.

"Tristan, let this lady though,"

"Jesse she doesn't have an appointment,"

I frowned, was I missing something here. The way they both were stanced seemed odd, they were literally in each others faces, wasn't that a little too close for comfort. The more I looked between them, the more alike they looked. Blue eyes, blondish brown hair, that stance.

"Move it kid," Jesse said at last swatting his head.

Tristan grunted stepping aside and Jesse turned around winking at me, "In you go Saph,"

"Are you guys-,"

"Yes, who are you?" grunted Tristan and I hid my smile as I shook my head, like father like son. Jesse smacked the back of his head, "Respect, that's Sapphire,"

"So?"

"Sapphire Quartz," recognition hit his face as he mumbled something under his breathe, exactly I wasn't joking when I said I was his daughter.

"You know her, you used to make mud cakes with her,"

We did? Tristan raised an eyebrow and I shrugged, I didn't remember. 

"Go in kid," said Jesse opening the door and I nodded walking past them into the darker lit room, which was more like a hall. In this room there was a dark oak coloured table at the end and red curtains were drawn hiding out the bright light from outside if it was daytime, but it wasn't. 

I walked to the only door there was treading softly on the carpet. The table belonged to Jesse and the door led to the office I wanted to go to.

Outside on mahogany coloured wood was silver letters with his named engraved: Darius Quartz

Did I need to knock? Taking a deep breathe I placed my hand on the cold handle and opened it stepping inside.

I closed the door behind me as I stared at the intimidating figure sitting behind the desk, my dad. His head was down as he scribbled something down, I didn't even think he realised someone walked in, but I was mistaken.

"Sapphire, to what do I owe this pleasure?" 

I froze, how did he know it was me? He looked up, eyes that mirrored my own looked at me before he smiled getting up, his grey jacket on the chair behind him. 

He walked around the table meeting me half way and hugging me, "Hey honey," he said kissing my cheek, "Did you shrink?"

I rolled my eyes, anyone compared to dad was a midget. 

"You look like you shrunk, are you eating properly?"

"No dad and yes I eat thanks," I whined as he fussed over me trying to wave his hands off me.

"So did you just arrive?"

I nodded as he went back and sat down, I played with the paper weight on his table, how was I meant to tell him. He crossed one long leg over another and spun the chair around to face me.

"Yea,"

"Where's your luggage?"

"In a taxi," I said looking up shifting the weight to the other hand, why were paper weights so heavy?

"Fire, what did I say about taxi's,"

I rolled my eyes biting back a smile, "They're dangerous,"

"When you catch them alone at this time of the night," I nodded, I know but I wasn't sure. I always had it at the back of my head that I would turn around and catch the flight back interstate, I didn't want him to come and wait at the airport if I chickened out.

"Sorry dad,"

"Call me next time," I nodded and opened my mouth and then closed it, sometimes Dad knew things even before I did, and I never knew how he did that.

"What's wrong fire?"

Just spit it out Sapphire, it's not like he will yell at you, would he? There were very few times dad ever yelled at me, in fact I don't even think I could count them with my fingers on one hand.

"I quit,"

He nodded turning around to put a pen back on the table, was that it? "You've graduated," 

"No, I mean the internship, I don't want it anymore,"

How did he know I graduate, the results weren't out for another week, but I knew I couldn't have failed the subject, I already passed before I even did the exam. Thank god for in class results.

The internship was another hand, it was the whole reason I moved interstate in the first place, the best uni in the country and an internship from my second year, I had my career all planned out. So maybe that's why dad was watching me curiously, why would I want to give up when I only had a bit more to go, a bit more meaning a year.

But he said nothing. I shifted looking around the room, it was plain, a bookcase wall filled with all types of books that had to do with the business, ordered perfectly and neatly and then there was the third bottom shelf that made me smile. Books were thrown in chaos and there was a yellow ball on top, I was sure there were a few story books from when we were kids playing in the office while dad worked.

There was a photo frame of all of us on the table against the wall beside a vase filled with fresh flowers that I forgot the name off, they were blue and small.

"Are you sure?" he asked and I looked back at him. I nodded, I was damn sure, nothing could change my mind, it was just telling him that I quit that scared me.

There was no way I could last another year in that company with him. The only way I could quit was by breaking a legal contract, which wasn't easy. I was tied to them for another year, after graduating I had to work with them for a year. When I spoke to the dean of the university he said he couldn't do anything.

So I came to the best person I know who could make something happen, my dad.

"Do you want to do another course, I can arrange for a u-,"

"No, I still want to be an accountant dad," I said putting the paper weight back on the table, "I just don't want the internship. I want to move back, and I'll find a job here, I like it here," 

Did someone turn the ducted heating on, why did it feel warmer all of a sudden?

He didn't ask any more questions, which made me wonder was he not a tiny bit curious to why I wanted out? Instead he nodded opening a draw and taking a phone out.

"I'll make a few phone calls, go back downstairs, get your luggage out of the taxi and get Tristan to drop you home. Your mother will be happy to see you,"

I nodded and turned around when he spoke again, "Don't say anything to your mother just yet," it was like he read my mind, "Of course, love you dad,"

"Love you too fire, now get home and eat,"

I smiled as I closed the door behind me and rushed back, now that he mentioned it was the taxi still downstairs. I said I would be back in a minute and it was more than half an hour.

I stepped out into the main office and closed the door behind me, where the hell was Tristan. I looked around till I saw him leaning over a table talking to someone and smiled, revenge.

"Hey grandma," I yelled walking up to him, workers stopped what they were doing and looked up at me, some just smiled going back to work while others stared curiously. 

Tristan's face grew a shade that resembled a tomato and he looked up pointing to himself, "Yes you come,"

He stood up straightening his tie and walked over, "I need a ride home, dad-,"

"Say no more princess, I shall escort you home," I rolled my eyes as he put on an accent and stepped aside as he led.

"You look different, I didn't recognise you," he said as we got into the elevator.

"It's only been three no four years," 

I had been home every year for Christmas and any other long holidays when work wasn't demanding, and dad stopped by every-time he was in town for business but it had been four years since I stepped into this office.

"You look different too," I said, I had honestly not even guessed who he was, last time I saw him we were still in high school and he was a lanky teenager wanting to play baseball all the time.

"You got muscle," I said poking his arm. He scoffed shifting on his feet, "And you got ugly,"

"Rude," I snapped as I walked out the elevator, he laughed following me and my heart skipped a beat, where's the taxi?

But of course, I thought as I smiled spotting Jesse standing next to my luggage, damn that man.

"Alright kid, drive her home and straight back you got it, you still have work to do," 

Tristan groaned as I helped grab one of the smaller bags as they hoisted it up into a black car, "I am seriously regretting working for you," 

"I know," Jesse winked as he held the car door open for me, "Guess what Miss Quartz?"

"What?" I asked as I pulled my buckle on.

"Ivory is cooking tonight,"

"What?" I yelped as the door slammed shut. 

 Will update soon (Fingers crossed), And check out the other stories! It's story marathon year! 2014

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 23.8K 36
Katelyn Victoria Darcy, daughter of the late Viscount of Montgomery, whose privilege life has a drastic, changed when her father died. His death reve...
1.2M 39.1K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
163K 5.7K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
590K 23.1K 35
Getting married to the person you loathe is the worst nightmare ever. But for Leona Wilbrose, this nightmare came true when she was forced into a mar...