Life In Gravity Falls (dipper...

By IvBeauty

You're a girl who lives and works at the Mystery Shack after you're whole family mysteriously disappears and... More

Ep.1: Tourist Trapped
Ep.3: Head Hunters
Ep.4: The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
Ep.5: The Inconveniencing
Ep.6: Dipper Vs. Manliness
Ep.7: Double Dipper
Ep.8: Irrational Treasure
Ep.9: The Time Traveler's Pig
Ep.10: Fight Fighters
Ep.11: Little Dipper
Ep.12: Summerween
Ep.13: Boss Mabel
Ep.14: Bottomless Pit
Ep.15: The Deep End
Ep.16: Carpet Diem
Ep.17: Boyz Crazy
Ep.18: Land Before Swine
Ep.19: Dreamscaperers
Ep.20: Gideon Rises
Mabel's Guide To Life!!!
Dipper's Guide To The Unexplained
Season 2/Ep.1: Scary-Oke
Ep.2: Into The Bunker
Ep.3: The Golf War
Ep.4: The Sock Opera
Ep.5: Soos and The Real Girl
Ep.6: Little Gift Shop of Horrors
Ep.7: Society Of The Blind Eye
Ep.8: Blendin's Game
Ep.9: The Love God
Ep.10: Northwest Mantion Mystery
Ep.11: Not What He Seems
Ep 12: A Tale Of Two Stans
Ep.13: Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons
Ep.14: The Stanchurian Candidate
Ep.15: The Last Mabelcorn
Extra Ep: See The Memories, Reveal The Past
Ep.16: Roadside Attraction
Ep.17: Dipper and Mabel Vs The Future
Ep.18: Weirdmageddon Pt.1
Ep.19: Weirdmageddon Pt.2: Escape From Reality
Ep.20: Weirdmaggedon Pt.3: Take Back The Falls
A Chrismas Surprise
Special Message
...
Omg hi!!
Hello From Six Years Later?!

Ep.2: Legend Of Gobblewonker

20.4K 334 923
By IvBeauty

Your POV

I woke up a bit late. I got ready and went down to the kitchen to see Dipper and Mabel holding a syrup bottle each.

Mabel: Are you ready for the ultimate
challenge?!?

Dipper: I'm always ready!!!

Mabel: Then you know what this means~!!!

Dipper and Mabel: Syrup race!!! *they both hold their syrup bottles above their mouths as the syrup starts to come out*

Mabel: Go Sir Syrup!!!

Dipper: Go Mounty Man!!!

Mabel and Dipper: Go, go, go!!!

Mabel: *hits the end of the bottle* Almost, almost...!!! *syrup falls into her mouth* Yes!!! *chokes and starts to cough* I won! *coughs more*

You: Ew, you two are disgusting.

Dipper: Morning to you too, (y/n).

You: *serve yourself some cereal and sit next to Dipper*

Dipper: *picks up the nearby newspaper and looks through it* Oho, no way! Hey girls, check this out!

You: *with food in your mouth* Mm?

Mabel: "Human-sized Hamster Ball?" *gasp* I'm human-sized!!!

Dipper: No no no, Mabel, this. *points at the other page showing a Monster Photo Contest* We see weirder stuff than that everyday!

You: *swallow your food* We didn't get any pictures of those gnomes, did we?

Mabel: Nope, just memories. *takes out a lock of hair* And this beard hair!

Dipper: Why did you save that...?

Mabel: *shrugs*

You: *push your bowl away* I've lost my appetite...

Stan: *enters* Good morning knuckleheads. You three know what day it is?

Dipper: Uh... Happy Anniversary...?

Mabel: Muscle Tov!!!

Stan: *hits Dipper with his newspaper* It's Family Fun Day, genius. *opens the fridge and takes the milk* We're cutting off work to do one of those *sniffs the milk* bonding type deals.

You: Uh oh!

Stan: Don't get too excited, you're coming this time. I need some help with these two.

You: Aw, what?

Dipper: Grunkle Stan, is this gonna be like our last Family Fun Day?

Mabel: *whispers* Oh, the county jail was so close.

Stan: Alright, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker, but I swear, today we're gonna have some real family fun! Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?!?

Dipper and Mabel: YAY!!!

Dipper: Wait, what?

We were in the car, the twins sitting in the back, Stan was driving, and I was next to him. The car bumped and I let out a laugh as Stan looks at me with a smirk.

Dipper: Blindfolds never lead to anything good...

Mabel: Wow, I feel like all my other senses are heightened! I can see with my fingers! *touches Dipper's face*

Dipper: *laugh*

The car hits a bump and we all jump up before landing roughly.

Dipper: Grunkle Stan, are you wearing a blindfold?

Stan: Aha, no but with this these cataracts I might as well be. What is that, a woodpecker?

You: Careful!!!

We crashed through the forest and we finally got to our destination.

Stan: Ok ok, open them up!

Dipper and Mabel: *take off their blindfolds*

Stan: Ta-da!!! It's fishing seasons!!!

Mabel: Fishing?

Dipper: What are you playing at, old man?

Stan: You're gonna love it, the whole town's out here! *looks at the other people in the lake* That's some quality family bonding time!!!

Dipper: Grunkle Stan, why do you wanna "bond" with us all of a sudden?

Stan: C'mon, this is gonna be great!!! I've never had fishing buddies before! The guys from the lodge won't go with me. They don't "like" or "trust" me. And (y/n) always chooses to stay in the Shack.

You: I'm more of an indoor person.

Stan: Where't you the one who suggested to go skydiving?

You: Fine, I'm a complex person.

Stan: *eye roll* So what do you say?

Mabel: I think he actually wants to fish with us!

Stan: Hey, I know what'll cheer you sad sacks up. *pulls out to fishing hats with the name Dippy in one and Mabel in the other and puts them on the twins' heads* Pow! Pines family fishing hats!!! That's... that's hand stitching, you know. It's just gonna be you three, me, and those goofy hats on a boat for ten hours!!!

Dipper: Ten hours?!?

Stan: I brought the joke book~!!!

Dipper: No, no!!!

Mabel: There has to be a way out of this!!!

Old Man: I'd seen it!!! I'd seen it again!!! *runs through the whole place pushing and hitting anything in his way* The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker!!! Come quick before it scrabdoodles away!!! *does some weird dance*

Mabel: Aww, he's doing a happy jig!!!

Old Man: Nooo!!! It's a jig of grave danger!

Worker: Hey, hey!!! Now what have I told you about scaring my costumers?!? This is your last warning, dad!!! *sprays the old man with water*

Old Man: But I got proof this time back company!!!

Dipper and Mabel: *look at each other*

Old Man: *points at a broken boat* Behold!!! It's the Gobbleywonker who done did it!!! It had a long neck like a gee-raffe!!! And wrinkly skin like uh... *points at Stan* like this gentleman right here!!!

Stan: Hm?

Old Man: It shot my boat up into smither-runes and ship-shaped over to Scuttlebutt Island!!!  You gotta believe me!!!

Blubs: Attention all units, we've got ourselves a crazy old man.

Everyone: *laughs*

Old Man: Oh donkey spittle... Yeah banjo polish... *walks away*

Everyone: *does their own thing*

Stan: Well, that happened. *gets on his boat* Now let's untie this boat and get out on that lake!

Dipper: Girls, did you hear what the old dude said?

Mabel: "Oh donkey spittle."

You: *chuckle*

Dipper: No, the other thing, about the monster!!! If we can snag a photo of it, we could split the prize between the tree of us!!!

You: Nice!!!

Dipper: Imagine what you could do with that much money?!?

Mabel: *turns around and stares at the sky*

You: Uh oh, she's gone.

Dipper: Mabel. *snaps his fingers in front of her face* Mabel?

Mabel: *faces us* Dipper, I am one million percent on board with this!!!

Dipper: (y/n)?!?

You: I uh... *sigh* What the heck, sounds like fun!

Dipper: Yes!!! Grunkle Stan, change of plans! We're taking that boat to Scuttlebutt Island and we're gonna find that Gobblewonker!

Dipper and Mabel: Monster hunt, monster hunt, monster-!!!

Old Man: Monster hunt, monster, eh, I'll go. *leaves*

A large boat appears at the other side of the dock called the S.S Cool Dude. I knew immediately who it was.

Soos: You dudes said something about a monster hunt?

Mabel: Soos!!!

Soos: What's up hambown. *first bumps Mabel*

Mabel: *fist bumps Soos making explosion sounds* Explode!

Soos: Dude, you could totally use my boat for your hunt! It's got a staring wheel, chairs, normal boat stuff.

Stan: Alright alright, let's think this through. You kids could go waste your time on some epic monster fighting adventure, or you could spend the day learning how to tie knots and skewer worms with your great uncle Stan!!!

They look at Soos who starts to dance, then back at Stan who sniffs his arm pit (ew), then at Scuttlebutt Island. After they smiled at each other, I knew their answer.

Stan: So what do you say?

Dipper and Mabel: *climb the S.S. Cool Dude*

Stan: ... *looks at you, then nods*

You: I'll keep an eye on'm. *get on the boat*

We sail away!!! ...before realizing that we were missing a few things. After getting it all...

Dipper: *pacing around* Alright, we want to win this contest we've gotta do it right. Think!!! What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?

Soos: If you're a side character, you die on the first five minutes of the movie. Dude, am I a side character? Do you think about stuff like that?!?

Dipper: No no no! Camera trouble! Say Bigfoot shows up. Soos? Be Bigfoot!

Soos: *does a Big Foot pose*

Dipper: "There he is, Bigfoot! Uh oh, no camera! Oh wait, here's one! *takes one and gets ready to take a picture* Ah, no film!" You see, you see what I'm doing?

Mabel: Mhm.

You: Yep.

Soos: Dude's got a point.

Dipper: That's why I bought twenty one disposable cameras! Two on my ankle, three on my jacket, four for each of you, three extras in this bag, and one under my hat! There's no way we're gonna miss this. Ok everybody, let's test these cameras out!

Soos: *takes a picture but gets scared by the flash* Ah, dude!!! *throws the camera into the water*

Dipper: You see? This is why you need backup cameras. We still have twenty!

Mabel: *gets scared by a bird and throws a camera at it, loosing it* Ah bird!!!

Dipper: Nineteen.

You: These actually have really good quality, Dip, where'd you- *get distracted and trip over Mabel* Woah!!! *drop the camera into the water* Whoops...

Dipper: Eighteen! Ok guys, I repeat, don't loose your cameras!

Soos: Wait, loose the cameras?

Dipper: Don't!!!

Soos: Dude I just threw two away.

Dipper: Sixteen! We still have sixteen cam- *punches a camera in anger* Fifteen. We have fifteen cameras.

You: So what's the plan?

Mabel: Do we throw more cameras overboard or what?

Dipper: No! No, ok, you'll be lookout, Soos can work the steering wheel, I'll be captain, and (y/n), you'll be first mate!

You: *saluting* Aye aye!

Mabel: What? Why do you get to be captain? What about Mabel, huh? Ma-bel! Ma-bel! Ma-bel! Ma-bel!

Dipper: I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Mabel: What about co-captain?

Dipper: There's no such thing as co-captain.

Mabel: *throws a camera overboard* Ah, whoops!

Dipper: Ok fine, you can be co-captain!

Soos: Can I be associate co-captain?

Mabel: As co-captain I authorize that request.

Dipper: Well, as first co-captain, our number one order of business is to lure the monster out with this. *points at a barrel filled with fish food*

Soos: Permission to taste some?

Dipper: Granted.

You: Permission first granted.

Mabel: Permission co-granted!

Soos: Permission associated co-granted! *licks the fish food, then starts to gag*

You, Dipper, and Mabel: *laugh uncontrollably*

Soos: Ah, dude, I don't know what I expected that to taste like.

We go near Scuttlebutt Island, the mist was thick causing it to give the island a scary atmosphere. After a few minutes of looking around I notice Mabel holding a pelican's beak as she talks. Poor pelican.

Mabel: Hey, how's it going? *pretending the pelican's talking* It's going awesome! Bow bow bo- bow bow!

Dipper: Mabel, leave that thing alone.

Mabel: Oh, I don't mind. Hey look, I'm drinking water! *starts to drink water* Twinkle twinkle little- *chokes on water and starts to cough*

Pelican: *flies away*

You: Aren't you supposed to being doing lookout?

Mabel: LOOK OUT!!! *throws a ball at you which avoid, causing it to hit Dipper* Hehe, but seriously, I'm on it.

As if on cue, the boat crashed into the island.

Mabel: See? We're here! I'm a lookout genius! Hamster ball, here we come!

We exit the boat and start to walk for a bit. Eventually, we see a sign titled "Scuttlebutt Island"

Soos: Dude, check it out. *covers "Scuttle" with his arm* Butt Island.

Mabel: Soos, you rapscallion!

You: *laugh, then notice that Dipper has a different expression* You ok, Dip?

Mabel: Yeah, why aren't you laughing? Are you scared?

Dipper: Yeah right, I'm not-

Mabel: Yeah you are! *starts poking Dipper while blowing raspberries*

Dipper: *tries to speak*

This goes on for a while until we heard a strange growl from deeper in the island.

Soos: *as he walks over* Dudes, did you guys hear that?

You: What was that...?!?

Mabel: Was that your stomach?

Soos: Nah, my stomach normally sounds like whales noises.

Mabel: *puts her ear against Soos's stomach and listens* Wow, so majestic...!

Rat: *steals Dipper's lantern*

Dipper: *gasp* The lantern! *tries to follow the rat, but stops realizing he can't see through the mist* I can't see anything!

Soos: Dude, I don't know man, maybe this uh... maybe this isn't worth it.

You: Yeah, I'm with Soos on this one.

Dipper: Not worth it? Guys, imagine what would happen if we got this picture! *stares up at the sky along with Mabel*

You: *sigh* They're both daydreaming.

Soos: Let them be, dude.

Dipper: I'm in!

Mabel: Me too!!!

Dipper and Mabel: *run off*

You and Soos: *look at each other, faces filled with worry before you follow the twins*

We walked some more. Still nothing. Of course, Mabel decided to lighten the mood with a new rap along with Soos beatboxing.

Mabel: My name is Mabel, it rhymes with table, it also rhymes with glabel, it also rhymes with... shmabel!

Soos: Dude, we should be writing this down.

Dipper: *whisper yells* Guys guys guys, you hear something?!?

Crows fly away in the distance and we decide to follow.

Dipper: This is it! This is it!

Mabel: *as she punches Dipper and he punches her* Yes yes yes yes yes...!!!

Soos: *picks up a sharp branch*

You: *follow close to Soos*

All: *hide behind a log*

Dipper: *whisper yells* Everyone, get your camera's ready. *raises his camera*

You, Soos, and Mabel: *raise your cameras*

Dipper: Ready? Go!!!

Soos runs first taking pictures like crazy, the rest of us following behind. Once the mist cleared enough, we saw that is wasn't a monster, just a beaver dent with so many adorable beavers!!!

Soos: *takes a picture*

Dipper: But, but, what was that noise then? I heard a monster noise!

We saw a beaver playing with a chainsaw, I'm surprised it hasn't cut itself. Soos immediately took its picture.

Dipper: Maybe that old guy was crazy after all...

Mabel: He did use the word scrapdoodle...

Dipper: *sits on a rock on the lake* What are we gonna tell Grunkle Stan...? We ditched him over nothing...

You: *sit next to him* Dude, cheer up. We still have the rest of the day.

Then I start to feel some vibrations from the water, and so does Dipper. The rock sinks and Dipper and me swim back to land.

You: Well, there goes my second camera.

Dipper: This is it! C'mon, this is our chance!

You, Soos, and Mabel: *back away slowly*

Dipper: What's wrong with you guys?

You: Uh... Dip...?

You: It's not that hard, alright? All you got to do is point and shoot. Like this. *turns around and notices the Gobblewonker right in front of him causing him to drop the camera*

We start running as fast as we could. Soos picked me and Mabel up. Dipper started taking pictures of the Gobblewonker, but dropped the camera. I myself lost my two remaining cameras, darn. Soos then picked up Dipper who was angry for dropping the camera. We made it to the boat and Soos drove us away, but the Gobblewonker was still following us! On the boat...

Dipper: Alright, this is it! *takes out a camera* Cracked lens?!?!? Soos, take a picture!!!

Soos: *throws multiple cameras at the Gobblewonker*

Dipper: What are you doing?!?

Soos: Oh, I still got one left. Don't worry dude! *throws it at Dipper who covers himself in protection as the camera breaks into pieces next to him*

Soos drives to where many people were still fishing, the monster still following us. We were escaping it when Soos ran over and destroyed a beaver dent!!! And now the boat was filled with beavers!!! Some biting Dipper's hat and hair, others biting Mabel's arm, others on Soos's face. I, however, was able to avoid them all and noticed no one was on the stearin wheel! I ran to it, grabbing it, but not knowing where to go so I just continued forward. The Gobblewonker destroyed the boat's roof, we went through a glass pane, until I saw a mountain with a waterfall in between.

You: GUYS, WHERE DO I GO?!?

Dipper: *searches through his journal* Um, uh, into the falls!!! I think there might be a cave in there!!!

You and Mabel: MIGHT BE?!?

We all scream, readying ourselves for the impact. Instead we went into a cave and landed flat on the ground after the boat got stuck on land. We let out sighs of relief before the monster came inside. Then we noticed, it was stuck!!!

Mabel: It's stuck!

Dipper: Haha, yeah! Wait, it's stuck?!? *searches for a camera, but freaks out when he doesn't find one*

Mabel: *lifts up Dipper's hat revealing a camera* Boop!

Dipper: *takes the camera and starts to take many pictures*

You: Did you get a good one?!?

Dipper: They're all good ones!!!

All: *cheer*

The celebration didn't last long, for a giant rock fell on the Gobblewonker causing it to... break.

Dipper: What the...? *goes to the Gobblewonker and cautiously stands on its flipper*

Mabel: What's wrong?

Dipper: *knocks on the monster* Hm. *starts climbing the Gobblewonker to the top*

You: Careful!

Dipper: I got this, hold on!

You, Soos, and Mabel: ...

Dipper: Hey guys, come check this out!

You, Soos, and Mabel: *follow Dipper who shows you three some sort of hatch*

Dipper: *opens it revealing the old man from earlier on a chair pulling maby levers*

Old Man: Eh?!? Aw banjo polish...

Dipper: You?!? You made this?!? W-why?!?

Old Man: Well, I... I uh... I just wanted attention...

Dipper: I still don't understand!

Old Man: Well, first I just hootenannied up a biomechanical brainwave generator and I learned to operate a stick-shift with ma' beard!

Mabel: Ok, yeah, but why did you do it?

Old Man: Well, when you get to be an old feller like me nobody pays any attention to you anymore. My own son hasn't visited me in months. So I figured that I'd catch his fancy with a fifteen ton aquatic rober! *laughs maniacally, then sighs* In retrospect it seems a bit contrived. You just don't know the lengths us old timers go through for a little quality time with our family.

Dipper and Mabel: *look a their fishing hats with sadness, then sigh*

Soos: Dude, I guess the real lake monster is you two, haha!

You: Soos!

Soos: Sorry, it just like boom just popped into my head there.

Mabel: So, did you ever talked to your son about how you felt?

Old Man: No sir, I got to work straight on the robot. I made lots of robots in my days! Like when my wife left me and I created a homicidal pterodactyl tron, oh and my pal Ernie didn't come to my retirement party and I constructed and eighty ton shame bot that exploded the entire downtown area!!! *laughs maniacally* Well, time to get back to work on my death ray! Any you kids got a screwdriver?

Dipper: Well, so much for the photo contest...

Mabel: You still have one wall of film left.

Dipper: What do you wanna do with it?

We then returned to the fishing area. Grunkle Stan was still on his boat when we got there.

Stan: *sigh*

Dipper: Hey, over hear!!! *takes a picture*

Stan: What the-? Kids? I thought you guys were playing spin the bottle with Soos!

Dipper: Well, we spent all day trying to find a legendary dinosaur.

Mabel: But we realized the only dinosaur we want to hang out with is right here.

Stan: Saved your sympathy! I've been having a great time without ya. Making friends, taking to my reflection, I got a running with the lake police!!! Guess I gotta wear this ankle bracelet now so that'll be fun.

Dipper: So I guess there isn't room in that boat for four more?

Stan: ???

Dipper and Mabel: *put on their hats*

Stan: You knuckleheads ever seen me thread a hook with my eyes closed?

Dipper: Five bucks says you can't do it! *gets on the boat*

Stan: You're on!

Mabel: Five more bucks says you can't do it with your eyes clothes, plus with me singing at the top of my lungs!!! *gets on the boat*

Stan: I like those odds!!!

You: *get on the boat*

Stan: Thanks for keeping on eye on them for me, kid.

You: Not a problem.

Soos: *gets on the boat*

Stan: Woah, what happened to your shirt?

Soos: Long story, dude.

Dipper: Alright, everybody get together! *points with his camera* Say fishing!

You, Mabel, and Stan: Fishing!

Soos: Dude am I in the frame?

Dipper: *takes the picture*

We spend the rest of the day having fun as a family. Sure, the monster hunt was fun, but this beat it by far. As we drove by on the lake we felt a bump underneath, but we shrugged it off. There goes another awesome day.

Thanks for reading!!! 'Till next time!!!

❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5.2K 36
(Y/n)'s mom and stepdad had to go on a job trip, which meant hello Gravity Falls again. You haven't really been there for a long time, and you miss y...
10.4K 296 25
Dipper Pines along with his twin sister, Mabel Pines, goes off to live with their uncle Stan and Ford. They been there since they were kids so it wa...
279K 8.1K 33
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ͝ ⏝𝅄︶ ͝ ⏝ ⊹ ⏝ ͝ ︶𝅄⏝ ͝ 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 ✘ 𝘔! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ͝ ⏝𝅄︶ ͝ ⏝ ⊹ ⏝ ͝ ︶𝅄⏝ ͝ ༊*·˚ 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 the season of the s...
28.6K 1.1K 30
When young preteens Dipper and Mabel Pines are sent to the hidden town of Gravity Falls in Oregon to spend the summer with their great uncle Stan, th...