(Shadamy) Ebony Rose

By WannabeEmPad

Amy has been in love with certain blue hedgehog since she was 12, and when he finally grows the courage to te... More

Should've seen it
Re-thinking
Wasted
Home Starbucks
Start of Change
Back Again
Not a date
Ooze the walls
Something to Say
Just happened
Unexpected behavior on a peculiar day
It was an inconvenience
Beach
Rain
Capture the Flag
Something New
Revealed
Sacrifice
Encore
(Update)
Warm Greeting
How Cruel
Commemoration Ball (Part 1)

Ark

2.6K 71 12
By WannabeEmPad

A/N: Okay it's been a little while since my last chapter but this one is long...... so enjoy >:3

3rd POV

Amy struggled to fall asleep. Everything in her life seemed to be speeding up and it's a matter of time before she falls off the bandwagon. But what was also keeping her up was yet another storm that was passing by the town. The weather has been a frequent, but this one particularly has been the worst. Relentless thunder and lightning, high winds, strong rain, Amy was beginning to grow very tired. Not only that, the storm kept clicking on her window.

Tap... Tap... THUNK.

Jolting out of her sheets, Amy looks at her window. She doesn't see anything other than pouring rain and a sudden flash of light illuminating the sky. Her heart was pounding and the sudden thought that she wasn't alone makes her skin scrawl. What could've hit her window to make that noise? Hesitantly, Amy squares up and decides to inspect the area. If she was going to die, now would be it.

Amy stands in front of her window wrapped in her blankets. Her quills are a mess so she kept having to move them out of her view. She begins hearing the clicking noise again, so Amy steps closer. Holding her breath and clutching her blanket even further-

THUNK

Amy jumps back from the shock. Staring at her window, the rain repeatedly spraying against the glass. Amy sighs. It was the tree in front of her house. It was the stupid tree. How did she forget about a tree that was so obviously placed in the front of her house?

"I need to sleep" She mutters to herself. Turning around Amy sharply inhales. On her floor , soaking wet and trembling was- "Shadow!" Quickly tearing the blanket off her body, she wraps it around his. Amy runs to her bed to grab another blanket. Shadow sits on his knees, body bent down and head resting on shaking fists. Drawing the second blanket on top of the hedgehog, Amy suddenly gets the feeling she's seen this before.

Seen this behavior before.

Resisting the urge to question Shadow, Amy falls to her knees to comfort him. She rubs his back, and resting her head on his, whispers soothing coos to help calm him.

After another ten minutes, Amy notices Shadow's stopped shaking. He is more tame than earlier and Amy takes this as a signal to further her care.

Gently sliding her hands to either side of his head, she gradually lifts him to face her. He isn't looking at her; eyes focused elsewhere, Amy observes the broken hedgehog. He looks tired. It was a simple investigation but Amy knew there was more to the story.

She gingerly rests her head on his once again, this time saying something in hush. "Are you okay?"

No response.

Mentally rolling her eyes at herself, Amy decides to save the questions for later. Right now, she needed to get him something warm to put into his system.

Amy guides them up onto their feet; her arms gently bracing Shadow's body in case he collapses down her stairs. Placing him on the couch, Amy hastily makes a cup of hot chocolate ( caffeine free so he doesn't stay up all night). Peering every so often, Shadow continues to sit , back facing Amy.

Amy ponders, how come there was a familiarity to this whole demeanor? As if being punched in the gut, Amy realizes Shadow was probably having another episode, and came to her because she was the only one he could go to.

Her heart sank. What unfortunate timing.

The coco finished, and Amy carries the mug into her living room where Shadow collects himself. Amy watches as his eyes turn to face hers, and a look of both sorrow and relief spreads across his features. Amy holds the mug tighter, scared it would fall from her overwhelming emotions.

"Thank you." She hears Shadow say, barely audible yet so loud Amy feels her ears ringing with anticipation.

Sitting next to Shadow, she fidgets with her thumbs and allows the silence to grow. Sensing the tension in the air has faded, Amy closes her hands shut, "Are you okay?" She asks again.

After a pause, Shadow replies "I will be." Amy squeezes her hands tighter.

Turning her head slowly, Amy asks softly, "Do you want to talk about it?" She knew the answer would probably be no, but a small part of her hoped it wouldn't be.

A soft touch has Amy looking down to see Shadow intertwining their fingers; his other hand enclosing hers. "It will scare you. I don't want to put you in that position." He's still avoiding eye contact. 

Amy deflates.

Airily huffing a laugh, she shakes her head, "Kind of what happens when you come to my house in the middle of the night." Applying pressure to their hold, Amy speaks again, "Talk to me."

She watches as Shadow deflates well. Any tension he held before on his shoulders were released as he speaks.

"Do you remember the Ark?" He asks, finally making eye contact.

"Yes, I was on the Ark with you."

"These... reactions revolve around that." He says, brows knitting together in deep thought. "There has always been a question of my purpose; what I was truly created for and what I am supposed to do now."

Shadow shakes his head slightly, water from the rain drips off the tips of his ears prior to the movement and he closes his eyes once more. "I have no control over when it happens. I was sleeping-" he pauses, " no, I was wasn't sleeping. I was reliving the past. I was the victim of a nightmare yet again and it got out of my control."

Amy can feel her eyes mist. This was Shadow on a whole new level; one that they'd only scratched the surface of. Shadow talking to her right now in her living room, on her couch, and holding her hand was him giving her permission into his life.

For once, Amy didn't need to see his face to know how he was feeling.

"Why did you come here?" Amy asks, toning her question so it doesn't sound as if he's unwelcome. Below her sight, Shadow begins to rub circles over the soft skin of the top of her hand.

Her mind wonders for a brief second towards the fact that she was only in a tank and shorts. Their hands were together without any barriers what so ever. Feeling her cheeks flush, Amy wills herself to focus.

Shadow's frown deepens, "I don't remember coming here. The only things I do remember are being at my house and waking up in yours."

Amy soaks in his words. From the sounds of it, Shadow blacked out. Does he normally black out? How often? Should Amy be concerned? She has too many questions and decides to ask them another time. Shadow beside her was tired, and quite frankly so was she. Their talk session was short, but Amy can already feel herself flush with the fact that Shadow shared a little piece of himself with her.

Her cheeks grow warm, "Well the weather's too reckless to go back so I guess you'll just stay here for the night." This catches Shadow's attention.

Most of the water on him has either dried or been soaked under his fur, but a few drops flick off the tips of his ears again when he twitches them. "The weather is not too reckless, I can-"

Taking her free hand, Amy presses a finger to his lips, "I highly suggest you stay." If her cheeks weren't warm before, they're on fire now. She knows he can see her reddening face, even through the dark. His luminous, crimson eyes tell her he can and has seen a lot of things. Her tomato face at the moment was definitely on that list. Amy watches his eyes glance around her features and a slight smirk plays along the lips under her finger's touch.

Because he can't speak, Shadow nods his head in response. Amy reluctantly removes her finger from the hedgehog.

"Before we nod off because it's officially past midnight, I have to dry you off. You'll catch a cold." Amy says. Raising herself onto the couch more. She pulls one of the blankets over shadow's head and playfully rubs his quills. Shadow chuckles, and reaches over to catch a hold of the pink hedgehog's wrists. Amy squirms away from his attack. After a few attempts of scrubbing down Shadow's head and him attempting to spread some of his water, Amy is left sitting in Shadow's lap, legs straddling his hips.

Arms over his shoulders, Amy laughs under her breath. Looking down at Shadow, her body flushes. She closes her eyes and collects her thoughts.

"Thank you for talking with me tonight." Amy whispers, opening her eyes again to find him staring back; bright and beautiful. Shadow rests his hands on the small of her back, gingerly digging his fingers into her sides.

"Thank you for listening." Pressing Amy closer to himself, Shadow leans up. He stops, an inch of space between them, and Amy's body shivers. He was waiting for permission. Cheeks flushing, Amy wraps her arms further around Shadow and closes the space between them.

He was soft; his lips. Shadow's hands continuously apply and reapply pressure to Amy's lower back and she gives in to her indulgences. 

This is nice, she thinks to herself. 

Smiling, Amy presses forward so that Shadow can lean back against her couch. Her hands tug on his quills, and he responds immediately. She can feel the change in their kiss; it's gentle.

Amy's heart pounds in her chest. What has she gotten herself into this time to make her feel this way?

After a few more minutes, they both declare themselves officially tired and make their way back into Amy's room. The storm has settled down, and the excessive tapping against the pink hedgehog's window has stopped. 

Facing one another, Amy rests her head onto her pillow. She can't help the smile displayed across her lips. It was a droopy smile, one that resulted from lack of sleep, but she didn't care. 

Shadow leans forward, planting a lingering kiss to Amy's forehead. 

"Night, Shadow." She says, eyes closing. 

"Goodnight, Rose."

. . .

This time, the tapping came from another source. Amy wakes up after hearing something knocking on her door.

Knocking on her door...

Opening her eyes, Amy snags a blanket off her bed, careful not to wake up a sleeping Shadow, and quickly makes her way to the door. Before seeing who was at her house, she glances at the clock across the hall.

It was seven o'clock. 

Seven.

Opening her door, Amy doesn't try and hide the frown across her face. What the hell was Sonic doing at her house at seven o'clock in the morning?

"Hey Ames." He greets, waving shyly. She replies with an incoherent noise because it was too early to function. Awkwardly looking around, Sonic clears his throat. "Alright, no beating around the bush. I'm sorry about my behavior the other day. It was uncalled for and..." Sonic's words drag on, and it takes Amy a moment to register the pause. To her side, she sees Shadow standing next to her, arms folded across his chest. Amy turns her head between the two.

Sonic does the same. "Wait, what is he doing here?" he asks incredulously. 

Amy groans, "Sonic, that is none of your business. What were you just saying? Before?" He doesn't immediately move his focus back to Amy, but Sonic rips his eyes of Shadow in order to finish his speech.

"As I was saying, I'm sorry. I was wondering if you'd like to hang out today? Sally and I are marathoning the entire 200cc on Mario Kart today and I told her you'd be a great help as well." Sonic rubs the back of his nape in question.

Did Amy want to hang out with him after the random, unexpected, completely unnecessary event hat happened yesterday? He did want to be friends again.

Raising a blanket covered hand to rub her groggy face, Amy sighs, "Sure, why not. Tell Sally I'll be there... whenever it is."

Smiling, Sonic nods, "Alright! We're starting at noon at my place. So i'll see you there." Stepping back, Sonic waves, "Cya soon, Ames!" pause, "Shadow." and in a blur the hedgehog is gone.

Closing her door, Amy waddles into the kitchen, not having any of this morning crap. She needed to wake up asap. She can feel her eyes falling shut, and a pair of hands hold her back from walking any further.

"It's way too early for you to do anything. Go back upstairs and sleep." Shadow says. Before Amy can respond, Shadow is already lifting her off her feet; burrito blanket and all. 

He lays her down against the comforter of her bed, and Amy melts into the sheets. She wasn't a morning person.

"Sleep in, I'll come wake you later." Shadow pulls another blanket over Amy before kissing her forehead and exiting the room.

Amy was asleep in seconds.

Just as Sonic said, walking into the gaming room Sally is sitting on one of the couches, controller in hand. Amy walks in, and the chipmunk spots her.

"Hey, Amy! Long time no see." She says, waving her hand. Greeting her back, Amy sits next to her. "How've you been?" Sally asks, handing Amy a controller as well.

"I've been great." Crossing her legs, Amy smiles to herself thinking of her new profound relationship. Facing Sally, she quirks up, "How have you been? Sonic tells me your nut of a father finally decided to let you officially join the Freedom Fighters."

Nodding, Sally shrugs, "He's always a brute. But yeah, after hours of constant nagging I eventually got to him." Laughing, Amy looks over and sees Sonic entering the room with a bowl of chips and juice boxes. Classic.

"What you girls talking about?" He pipes in, placing the items on the coffee table in front of them.

"Sally's dad." Amy says, leaning over to grab a juice box.

"Oh yeah! I know, isn't it crazy, to think something like that could happen?" Sitting on a separate couch, Sonic takes the main controller and starts redirecting them in order to start their matches.

Smirking, Sally leans into Amy devilishly, "Speaking of something happening... Sonic tells me he saw Shadow at your house this morning when he went to deliver his invite." Flushing, Amy shyly looks away from Sally's insistent gaze. Sonic makes an incoherent noise in the back.

Composing herself, Amy shakes her head. "It's nothing. Just talking about G.U.N, that's all." she lies. Sally doesn't seem to believe the hedgehog, but behind her Amy notices Sonic physically deflate, as if he were hoping for the worst. Something was up with him.

"G.U.N? Why is Shadow talking to you about G.U.N?" The chipmunk asks, tilting her head. It clicks, and Amy softly laughs at her self.

"You probably don't know. I thought Sonic would've told you since he apparently tells you everything-" she sneaks a glare at the blue hedgehog, "-but my absence was me joining G.U.N." 

Sally's eyes widen, "Oooooohhhh! That makes so much more sense! If you're back now, does that mean you're joining the Freedom Fighters again? Is that why you were talking to Shadow; to quit?"

Her last question catches Sonic's attention, and he stops navigating them in the game to listen. Biting her lip, Amy directs her sight elsewhere. 

"No... I'm not quitting. He was just... discussing a new project we're investigating." Amy says carefully. Her cheeks warm up at the thought of their discussion; or lack of.

Unfortunately, Sally spots the color on her cheeks and mischievously grins, "Discussing things huh? You're looking a little flush Amy, I'd say you have a crush on the dark hedgehog." Eyes widening and cheeks on fire, Amy responds hastily.

"I do not." She lies again, urging herself to calm down. In her line of sight, Amy can't tell if Sonic is frowning or simply listening. 

"I don't believe you. You've been gone for how long? Five, Six months? Working with him, you've got to have at least caught some sort of feelings toward him. Is he a good kisser?" 

Amy's eyes widen again, and she feels as if the temperature in the room has risen a good twenty degrees. Her cheeks continue to flush, because damn it if Shadow wasn't a good kisser. He was a really good kisser. It was unfair. 

Opening and closing her mouth, Amy eventually musters the words to defend herself and continues to shake her head, "We're friends, nothing else. I work more with Rouge."

Laughing Sally slaps her thigh, "Do you have a crush on Rouge?" 

The subject was changing, and Amy takes this opportunity to save herself. Shyly chuckling, Amy shrugs, "I'd be lying if i said I haven't been interested at least once." In the back, Sonic groans.

"Guys," He draws out, "this is a gaming marathon, not a slumber party." Laughing, the two girls get back on task and drop the conversation. Amy every so often catches Sally looking at her, and remembers how much the chipmunk was into gossip. She was going to be hard to deflect.

Choosing characters and selecting the first course, the three of them begin their fifteen hour long gaming session.

. . .

Rouge called later that night to discuss a real mission and Amy had to leave Sonic's early. He wasn't pleased, especially since he wanted to spend more time with her, but he was already on thin ice because of his impulsive behavior. To his surprise, Amy said she'd meet up with him later and they could do something more eventful.

Amy was told to meet up at Rouge's, so here she was, standing on the front porch about to ring the doorbell.

Pausing, she thinks about this morning. Something unsettling was dwelling in the pits of her stomach and Amy almost missed its source. She hates lying, its a known fact amongst herself and her friends. She didn't want to lie to Rouge about her and Shadow like she did with Sonic and Sally. 

Making her final decision, Amy knocks on the bat's door and immediately hears her call, "Come in!"

Taking a step inside, Amy spots Shadow first, his eyes meet hers and she sees the slightest smirk spread upon his lips. God this relationship was going to kill her. Taking a deep breath to tame the excessive beating in her chest, Amy glances around until she finds Rouge standing with a folder in her arms.

"Hey sweetheart, come gather I have info to share." She says. Standing next to Shadow, Amy watches as Rouge opens the folder to reveal papers of multiple colors. "So this isn't going to be easy to take in," She begins, cautiously glancing up to Shadow before continuing, "but the government discovered the Ark has been reactivated."

This was not the news Amy thought she was gong to hear today. Turning towards Shadow, she looks for his reaction.

She can't read his face. Keeping his facade, Amy looks back to Rouge and she continues.

"The entire Ark isn't active. The cannon is not active, the laboratory is not active, but everything else including the main controls system is active and running."

"Are there any clues as to why the Ark is reactivated?" Shadow asks, knitting his brows. Amy notices the tension in the way his arms cross over his chest, or the way his stare is firm and unwavering. To think they were just talking about the Ark this morning.

"Didn't Eggman tell us directly he was retiring?" Amy asks as well.

"You'd think. The only facts we know for certain is that someone is up there turning everything on. The system is impenetrable. The government hasn't been able to hack into the Ark before, and still can't today." Rouge says, closing the folder and setting it gently on the counter beside her. "President is asking us to go up there and check it out." 

Gasping, Amy steps forward, "What? Why us-"

"Sweetheart," Rouge interjects, "They also want Sonic and his team to go up with us. Like the good ol' days."

So many thoughts run through Amy's mind. She hasn't been to the Ark since she was twelve, not to mention everything that happened up there on that satellite. This news wasn't the greatest. How would they even get up to the Ark? It's not like the government has a spare ship ready to fly into the atmosphere. Really, the only plausible way for Sonic and them to make their way onto the Ark was if-

"The Government is going to make Shadow teleport us all to the Ark." Amy says out loud. Nodding, Rouge sighs, "You got that right. While they're nervous about whatever's happening up there, the Government isn't spending a single penny. They're cheap."

They grow silent. Amy looks at Shadow in her peripheral vision and resists the urge to comfort him.

"When do we head out?" Shadow asks. His eyes flick to Amy's, and her chest swells. She knew he didn't want to go back up into the Ark. None of them truly did.

"Two days." Rouge begins. Walking up to Shadow and Amy she rests a hand onto her hip, "One day to negotiate with Sonic and the others, and the second day to get out."

Raising a hand to her lips, Amy bites a finger in thought. "That's not a lot of time. I doubt Sonic will agree."

"Well, he has to. So work your magic because one way or another he's coming up to the Ark with us." Rouge says, chuckling afterwards. Work her magic... Amy bites into her finger the more she delves into her thoughts. After a second, Amy smiles.

"I think I know how to get him to agree." She says, finally dropping her hand. Ears perking up, Rouge bounces in her step as she approaches Amy.

"I knew you could, girl. So tomorrow you can go pop by and persuade him?" Rouge rests a hand on Amy's shoulder, and the pink hedgehog nods in reply. "Great! Well it is officially late, and this bat needs her shut eye. How else do you think i look this good?"

Saying there goodbyes, Amy decides she'll have to stop by Rouge's tomorrow as well. It was late, and they all needed sleep.

Shadow chaos controls the two of them back to Amy's. Release her grip on his arm, Amy looks up to inspect the hedgehog. He still seems a bit dazed. A lot must be on his mind, Amy thinks to herself.

Grasping his hands gently, Amy mutters, "If you need to, you can stay the night again."

Shadow squeezes their hands and looks her in the eyes. He gives a soft smile, "I'm alright, rose. Thank you for the invitation." Leaning down, he captures Amy's lips in a quick kiss. Amy squeaks in surprise, but Shadow's already backing away before she has time to register the action. Blushing, Amy watches as Shadow slips his hands out of hers, waves, then chaos controls back to his own home.

Left standing alone, Amy exhales and turns to enter her house. Tomorrow was going to be hectic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 1 2
While on Vacation with her friends, Thanks to Shadow, Amy has a one-night stand with Sonic that she quickly regrets, but as the months go by, somethi...
29.7K 480 22
Amy was a new student in Mobius high. When she lays eyes on the most popular kid in the school known as Sonic, she began to fall for him badly. When...
93.4K 2.9K 27
Amy meets a new hedgehog, Shadow. They become great friends, Shadow is starting to fall for Amy but she is still going after Sonic. Will Shadow be ab...
34.3K 876 20
Sega company hosts a ball at their head quarters! All the characters gather for a fun time, music and food, and friends from all over! But two hedgeh...