✔️| 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡

By NatashaLangerveld

Karisma Montel, just another Northside teenager which means attending Riverdale High, being warned about the... More

Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.

Chapter 1.

859 16 2
By NatashaLangerveld

Pop's, a small but popular diner in the mysterious town of Riverdale. It's the one place where Northside and Southside folks put their differences aside, most times, to enjoy the greasy but delicious burgers and fries, topping it off with the famous milkshakes.

I enter Pop's after being stood up by a certain jock, Chuck Clayton, and walk over to a booth. I sit down, instantly dropping my head in my hands.

How could I let myself get played like that?

"You ok, Karisma?" I hear the familiar voice of Pop Tate ask.

"Yeah, I just got stood up" I answer, looking up at him.

"Oh, sorry about that. Can I get you anything?" I shake my head. "You sure? Maybe a banana milkshake on the house. I know it's your favourite." A smile growing on his face.

"I'm not one turn down a free Pop's milkshake but no thank you, Pop. I'm not in the right mood, thanks for the offer though," I say; a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. Pop nods, shoving his hands in the pockets of his white dress pants.

"You're welcome. If you want anything just let me know." He sends me one last smile before walking to the kitchen, probably to fry up more food.

"Will do."

As I read my book, the bell above the door rings as the door hits it, letting everyone know someone has entered the diner. I look up from my book to see a group of South Side Serpents walking in. Good thing it's getting late so no snobby Northsiders are here to start something with them. If they were here they would most likely cause a scene considering everyone from the Northside seems to hate the people from the Southside of town. I'm probably one of the few people who don't have a grudge against the Serpents.

FP, who is my best friend, Jughead Jones' dad, is the leader of the Serpents. He's also like a father figure to me since I grew up without one, so I know Serpents can be more than just hard asses that cruise around on motorbikes.

There are two boys, both dark-haired and tan but one's much taller than the other, and one girl, who is also tan and had brown hair that fades into pink. They sit down in the booth in front of me, engulfing in conversation instantly.

I look back down at my book and carry on reading, trying not to gain their attention, but my phone starts going off. The vibration on the table sends a loud sound around the almost silent diner; the music from the jukebox filling the room with some noise, along with the muffled whispers of the three Serpents. I quickly grab it off the table and look at the screen to see it's Jughead. "Jughead Jones, what's up?" I try to keep my voice low and quiet but one of the boy Serpents lookup from the table and straight at me.

"Karisma Montel, I was wondering if you wanted to meet us at Pop's tomorrow" Jughead replies.

"Who's us?" I question, looking around the diner to avoid eye contact with the Serpent that is petty much burning holes into me with his hard stare.

"Archie, Betty, Veronica and I" Jughead answers. I roll my eyes when Jughead says Veronica's name considering she is the reason I went on the "date" in the first place.

"I'll see, something might come up," I say, not wanting to have to deal with all the questions about the date. You know, the one that didn't bloody happen.

Useless jocks.

"Ok, let me know when you can," Jughead says.

"Will do, Jug. I've gotta go" I say, looking at the entrance of the diner as the bell rings. A certain redhead walks in, or shall I say struts in as if she owns the place. Without realising, a groan escapes out my mouth.

"What?" Jughead asks, confusion clear in his voice.

"Nothing, bye," I say quickly, hanging up the phone. Cheryl spots me and eyes me up and down; her lips pursed. I roll my eyes and she turns her attention to the Serpents.

"Who invited you, hobos, here?" Cheryl asks disgust clear in her voice, crossing her arms.

"Cheryl, leave them alone," I say, causing the Serpents and Cheryl look at me.

"Shut up, Karisma," Cheryl spits sassily.

"Back off," the girl Serpent says, causing Cheryl to go quiet.

Pop walks over to Cheryl and hands her a milkshake, I'm guessing that's her usual drink. I look down trying to hide that tears have formed in my eyes from Cheryl's comeback, but look up when I hear glass shattering on the ground. I see Cheryl's milkshake on the ground and she glares at Pop.

"You got it wrong. Again!" Cheryl scoffs and Pop apologises, rushing time clean up the mess.

God, has this girl ever said anything nice to anyone?!

* * * *

I walk out of Pop's diner and start making my way back home. As I'm walking, I hear a man calling out to me, I ignore it because he's obviously drunk and carry on walking.

"Hey pretty lady, don't ignore me. I just wanna show you some love" he says, pushing me up against a wall in an alleyway.

"Get off me, you sick freak" I spit.

"You're a feisty one. I like it," the man says, pinning my arms above my head, and he tightens his grip on my wrists. I whimper in pain as his grip is too tight and his rugged nails dig into my skin.

"HEY, GET OFF HER!" I hear a voice yell sternly and the man gets shoved off of me. I stand against the wall in fear, holding my wrists. I can hear the sound of fists meeting skin, making me flinch.

I see a tall, dark figure stand up and walk towards me, but it's too dark to see if it's the drunk man or the guy that saved me. "Let's get you out of here before that man hurts you again," he says. They step closer to me, the light from street light revealing their identity, and I see it's the taller Serpent from Pop's. He holds his hand out towards me and I take it. He leads me back to the street and stops in front of what I'm assuming is his motorbike.

"You wanna ride home?" The Serpent asks.

"You're going to help a Northsider, a so-called "enemy" of the Southside?" I ask.

"It's the least I can do. You stood up for my friends and I at Pop's," he answers, swinging his leg over the bike.

"I guess it's safer than walking by myself, so yes I would love a ride home."

"Alright, hop on," the guy says, patting the little square of padded leather behind him, and I nervously bite my lip. "Let me guess, you've never been on a motorbike." I nod and he lets out an amused laugh. "Don't worry, I'll be safe."

It can't be that bad... right?

He starts up his bike and kicks up the stand. I hesitantly get on with his help and he hands me his helmet. "Just, go slow, ok?" I say.

"That makes it more dangerous" he replies and revs the engine, sending a loud grunt echoing around the empty streets. I quickly wrap my arms around his waist and he looks back at me with a smile small. I tighten my grip around his waist as he zooms down the street and hear him laugh. I feel his hand on top of mine, making me blush.

Geez, Karisma, get a grip. You just met this guy.

He parks in front of my driveways and turns off his bike, kicking down the stand. He gets off and grabs my waist lifting me off the bike. "Thank you for everything, not just the ride home," I say, looking up at the boy.

"You're very welcome, anything for a pretty girl." He winks and I feel my cheeks heat up... again.

"I'm Karisma by the way." I stick my hand out towards him and he grabs it, shaking it lightly.

"Sweet Pea."

"I guess I'll see you around, Sweet Pea."

"I guess so, Karisma." A smile toying at his lips. I walk up to the front door and walk inside. Slipping off my shoes, I hear the grunt of the motorbike and watch Sweet Pea speed off down the dimly light street.

See... Serpents aren't bad people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 182 38
[COMPLETE] Due to her parents history Betty Cooper had been hiding on the Northside, away from the reality of her life of being a Northsider, her mom...
208K 3.5K 50
Welcome to the Southside. This place is my home and I hate how those over privileged residents from the Northside treat us. Southside has two main ga...
432K 10.7K 56
Betty... The perfect girl next door. A surfer. A soccer player. A mechanic. A writer. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. But there is so much...
193K 5K 42
[COMPLETED] [highest rank: #1 in vughead category, #1 in jeronica category, #4 colesprouse, #2 in camilamendes and #1 in jugheadjones category] Ver...