Sparks Fly (Megavolt x Reader)

By sugarfootstomp

Sometimes I think I'm an okay person. And then I remember I'm infatuated with the most powerful villain in al... More

Prologue
Don't Call Him Sparky
Me, Mega-Dunce, and the Very Long Night
A Little Act of Kindness Goes a Long Way
Short Circuit

That Darned Laugh

509 7 32
By sugarfootstomp

A/N: I wonder how long the average chapter is? *looks it up* oh. Well then this chapter is 1k words away from being as long as the average chapter which is 1k more than I've been writing. Also sorry if Megs seems a big out of character in the second to last scene, I had some trouble with that part. Might go back and fix it later. 

It's so good to be home. No responsibilities, no chaos, no... Weirdos who talk to light bulbs...

I have nothing to worry about at all... 

RRRIIIINNNNGGG

That is, until it's time to wake up.

So, a quick update: It's been about a week since... That incident. That was a pretty overwhelming experience, but after that life has been pretty normal!

I ended up finding a job! It pays well, the conditions are nice, and my boss already likes me! I'm not one to brag but I see a promotion in the near future.

Also, I don't have to worry about crazy supervillains at night because I have to drive to work. If I just briskly walk fast enough I can make it to the parking building in time before dark. Hooray, safety!

Everything's going perfect and according to plan...

~~~

"You're fired."

"What? Why?"

Fired? Within a week of being hired? And after my boss literally told me I was the child he never had just yesterday? (and he has six kids so that's really saying something)

He adjusts his plaque on the wall and takes a seat in his swivel chair. He's hardly paying any attention to me.

"Well, as much as it pains me to say, I just can't have a criminal working for me."

"A-a criminal?"  What happened to me being one of his best workers?

"Oh, don't act like you don't know what you did. All those missing tools, the trashed workspaces; We just can't have that kind of work ethic."

"'That kind of work ethic?' I... I brought in my own tools, why would I steal someone else's? And the... my stuff should be stolen too! (And maybe if you called the cops once in a while...)"

"Oh, no. You're workspace is spic and span, with your old tools, just to add. Everything that's been stolen is entirely new."

"My tools aren't old, you duncebucket.."

"And that!" he points at me. "An attitude like that is not acceptable." He sighs. "I'm sorry, but I have to let you go. Please take your things and leave."

"Whatever," I scoff. "Who needs this dumb job anyways..."

Me.

I need this dumb job.

~~~

I leave that darned shop with all my stuff in a box. How could he fire me? I'm the best worker he's got! He said so himself.

I guess he was lying....

Don't worry, the parking building isn't too far. Only a couple of blocks. And then I have to go all the way to the top of the building. Yay... Oh well. It'll be smooth sailing from there. 

Gee, why do tools have to be so heavy? More importantly why did I bring so much to decorate my former workspace?  

I set the box down and wipe the sweat off my brown. Ugh... At this rate it'll be dark before I get to the building! 

And... It's dark now. Big whoop.

I go to grab the box before I spot a familiar figure a few meters away....

Oh no.

Not here.

Not now.

Not him! 

Megavolt! 

I hesitate for a moment and decide my life is slightly more important than my box and hide behind the nearest alleyway. No no no no... 

I wait for a bit then look to see if he's still there.

Wait...

He's stealing my box! 

I bet he stole from the shop too! And framed me! 

Oh, wait till he gets a piece of-

Crap, I think he saw me. 

I turn back behind the building. Please don't see me please don't see me please don't see- 

"Ahh!!"

"AHHHH!!"

Apparently Mega-dork didn't see me either and we both stumble and fall, him dropping my box. He gets up and once he realizes it's me he swipes the box back up.

"Oh! It's just you. Say, thanks for the box of tools. Now I can get back to my genius plan! Heehee!"

Gah... That laugh. That obnoxious laugh!  "You! You... You inconsiderate jerk! H-how could you just frame me for stealing stuff and then steal my own stuff?"

Mega-memory-loss thinks to himself before putting the pieces together. "I did? Oh! I did! Duh. That was my plan all along. You were such a nuisance to me last time, I figured it was payback time."

This guy... "Oh really? Well if I'm such a nuisance to you why don't you just kill me?" I stand up and cross my arms. 

He sets the box down and slowly walks towards me. Oh boy. "Look, I'm not afraid to kill whoever gets in my way. I've been sent to the electric chair... Twice!"

We're face to face now. I guess this is it...

"...You're just really fun to mess with! Ahahaha!!"

I blush and clench my fists. "That's not funny." 

"Oh sure it is! You think you're such a smart person but you're so easy to push around! You can't even fend for yourself!" 

"I... I don't have to! I've got Darkwing Duck on my side." Phew! Dodged a bullet there. 

"Aw, you're gonna run home and tell Darky! Haha! Oh, that's rich!" He falls to the ground again, but this time from laughter. 

Just when I thought my face couldn't get any redder, it did.

He stands back up. "Oh please, you don't have to guts to ask anyone for help. Which means I get to annoy you all I want! Ha!"

Darn. He's right. 

"See you on the flip side! Ahaha!"

"W-Wait! Come back here you-"

He runs off with all my stuff.

"...jerk."

I'll show him I can be mean too. Then we'll see who's laughing!

~~~

"So I said, 'It only has 50,000 miles on it!'" I wheeze at my own joke and bang my fist against the fountain bench. I'm on a roll today!

My friend blinks at me. A few shoppers stare at us(well, at me more than my friend).

"Oh, forget it." I bury my face in my hands. "This is why I have such a hard time making new friends! I make dumb jokes about cars... I bet that's part of the reason I got fired, too..." I sigh. "Let's just face it. I'm nothing without my mechanics. And if I can't tinker, what am I even supposed to do with my life?"

"Don't be so hard on yourself," My friend takes a sip of their coffee. "You'll find some nerd friends soon!" I playfully roll my eyes. "And I'm sure you'll get your dream job in no time! But In the meantime, you should find something simple until you get the job you want. Hey, how about a job here at Starducks?" They motion to the sign above the shop. "Or any place here at the mall. Lots of options here. You could even work with me at Hamburger Hippo!" 

"Yeah... I guess you're right." I fiddle with my drink's straw but send them a smile.

"That's the spirit." They wink at me. "Come on. I brought extra money for the arcade!"

~~~

I head back to my car in the parking building after a day of fun and games. That really got my mind off of things. I just need to find a temporary job and it'll be smooth sailing from he-

"What. Happened. To my. CAR?!"

Some jerk must have thrown some rocks at it because my windshield is cracked, the driver's window is shattered, and there's various sized dents all over the poor thing.

What kind of person would specifically go for my car-

"Wait a minute..." I spot a yellow sticky note on the rearview mirror. It reads:

Have a nice day! >:^)

-Megs

I can practically hear that darned laugh echoing through my head.

"Why that little!!"

I take a deep breath.

"No matter. This is just a minor inconvenience. There's no way I'm gonna let him get to me." I smile, dispose of the note, and get into my car.

~~~

I let him get to me.

Gah! I can't take this anymore! He's so annoying! Everywhere I turn he's there, telling me what I'm doing wrong, wrecking my stuff, and babbling on about how better things would be if I had an electric car. What's that even about?

To make matters even worse this guy had the audacity to steal every phone book in St. Canard and wreak havoc in any shop that was looking for more employees. So yeah, I'm jobless now.

I pull my spare tire out of the trunk. Darned thing got a nail stuck in it (which surprisingly wasn't Megavolt's doing because there wasn't a dumb sticky note anywhere, but I will still gladly blame him) and now I can't drive home. Great. Just great. Can this day get any worse?

"You're doing it all wrong."

Remind me to never ask that question again. "Doing what wrong, Mega-jerk?"

"Well for starters if you had an electric car-"

"Oh, for crying out loud, Megavolt! I... I'm so sick of you harassing me! Following me, criticizing me, and preventing me from getting a job! I don't... I... I'm jobless because of you. A-and what in the world does owning an electric car have to do with anything??? You... You're so scatterbrained, it's annoying..."

Megavolt just stared. 

"...Just go." I go back to working on removing the flat tire. 

That idiot's still staring at me. What's his deal? Gosh... 

"Okay, look. As fun as it is seeing you get flustered," 

Is this... an apology? 

"I may or may not be having a problem with my latest invention, and... I want you to check it out." 

Oh. Nevermind. 

"And DON'T think this is me asking for help! Edison forbid I ever do that! It's just that," He thinks for a moment. "If you do this, I'll consider not bothering you anymore."

Sure you will. 

"And I know you won't say no, so it's not like you have a choice."

He's right. I don't.

At least he thinks I'm smart, even if he won't admit it.

"...Fine." 

"Alright! Let's go then!"

"Wha- now? I'm... I haven't even taken the old tire out!"

"Who cares? This is a matter of world domination or failure for me!" He pulls me up and drags me with him, with a really strong grip on my wrist if I must add. "Hey!"

~~~

Soon enough we arrive at his place. It's an... Old abandoned apartment. I would have expected something more luminous

I followed him up to his room and he finally let go of my wrist. I'm pretty sure he forgot he was still holding it until now... 

"This is it! What d'ya think?"

"It... It's a lot." I chuckle. There's cords all over the floor attached to assorted machinery and appliances. What are these? His friends? 

Oh, wait. 

There's a large object hidden by a bedsheet. Megavolt motions to it. "This is my latest invention!" He pulls the sheet off to reveal the biggest satellite I've ever seen! Also attached to a huge control panel complete with buttons, dials, and joysticks. "It sends out a signal so strong that every radio frequency will absorb it, and then I'll be able to control what everyone listens to and order them around!"

Oh, boy. What have I just gotten myself into? 

"Only one problem... I CAN'T GET THE DAMNED THING TO TURN ON!" He kicks the satellite but also hurts himself in the process. "Yowch! It's really bursting my bulb. I've tried everything! Rewiring, putting in a new disc. Heck, I even got the smallest pen I could find to hit the reset button..." 

While this nerd rants on, I walk behind the satellite, where the hugest knot of cords I've ever seen resides, all attached to a singular power strip. 

Hold on...

I grab the extension cord plug, walk over to the outlet, and plug it in. The machine whirs, and soon enough it starts up. 

"It's working! Haha!" Megavolt raises his arms up in triumph. "That was electric! How did you do that?"

"T-The extension cord wasn't plugged in-"

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you!" Megavolt practically leaps onto me and hugs me really  tight. "I could kiss you! Oh- uh, but I won't." He immediately  releases me and clears his throat. 

"Uhhhhhh you're welcome!" Wow. Wasn't expecting that. 

...

I also wasn't expecting to help destroy the entire city. 

...

Oh come on! I knew the guy was capable but I didn't know he was that capable! The man talks to inanimate objects for crying out loud!

Megavolt pushes me out of his apartment. "Alright, you've done enough. See ya later! Or better yet: hear  ya later! Hahaha!" He slams the door on me.

That laugh... That darned laugh! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880 0 68
a collection of it x reader oneshots and imagines bc i'm bored and love them all
3.2M 97K 83
🖤Book 2 of the 'Blackstone' series🖤 • • • 🔥Highest Ranking🔥 #1: -Adult -Employer -Raunchy #4: -Rated-R #5: -Flower ******************** ⚠️Trigge...
16K 465 10
(Disclaimer: Amphibia belongs to Disney and was created by Matt Braly. I have no affiliation with either of them and am not looking to profit off of...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...