Orphic (#1 in the Hajar serie...

By luhhgends

"You can't love someone back to life, Israfil." She whispered. Her chest heaved with desperation, her heart t... More

prelude
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
IMPORTANT
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
important
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
postlude
a confirmed sequel - occhiolism (#2 in the Hajar series)
get excited !!!!

fourteen

1.9K 89 9
By luhhgends

chapter fourteen - galore

song of the chapter ; eternal sunshine - jhené aiko

--

ISRAFIL DID NOT feel an ounce of guilt after ending Noah's life prematurely. Some may even say that Noah did not deserve to die, maybe just to serve an extreme punishment and let him pass away in the rotting cells. But he didn't just ruin one life with his selfishness, he ruined the lives of multiple women. Israfil had done his research, looked into Noah's criminal record for incriminating evidence.

And he found it.

There was at least a dozen of sexual harassment and unlawful sexual intercourse with multiple women on many different accounts. None of which were taken to trial. Noah had the money from his father to pay off judges and law enforcement officials, who allowed him to be free of any consequences to his actions. He was a predator walking the streets, looking for his next prey, and he found it.

It was Farah, and he knew he would have a good time, messing with a girl who clearly wasn't in a stable enough mental state to deny him. He had never tried anything with a woman who had a mental disorder, and in some sick twisted way, he decided he would have even more fun this time.

But now a rapist's blood stained Israfil's skin and tinted his mind with disturbed abhorrence. For a moment he worried how he would handle Farah. He knew that as horrible as it was, Farah had some kind of brainwashed sentiment that resembled love towards Noah, despite everything he did. He wondered if her mind would snap out of it if she knew all the atrocious things he did to other women.

He grit his teeth with frustration and worry, his mind running in circles. He was suddenly awakened when his Beta, James, shook his shoulder with concern, his eyebrows drawn together as he stared at his Alpha stressed out of his mind.

Israfil looked up at him with a frown, "Sorry, what did you say?"

"I brought your clothes for you, and a washcloth with a bowl of water like you asked. ."

Israfil nodded absentmindedly.

"Israfil, are you alright?" James asked.

Israfil nodded again, "Yes, thank you. I need you to call the dungeon keepers down and have them clean up what I left behind, please." He then went to where James had left his clothing and washbowl, and began scrubbing the pungent smell and stain of metallic blood off of his skin. He then threw on the clothes that James had picked out, a pair of dark jeans with identical rips at the knee and a dark t-shirt with casual shoes.

James had gone off to complete the rest of his duties and Israfil trailed up the stairs of the cells and out into the open. The staircase that dwindled downwards to the prison was hidden by a small stone shelter that was closed off with a heavy iron gate and padlock, along with two guards that stood by the entryway.

Israfil soon found his way back to his car and entered it with a heaved sigh. He stared out through the windshield of his vehicle, his hands drumming against the steering wheel with somewhat impatience. The thick metal rings on his fingers made a clinking sound as he did so, and his eyes shifted to a deep red ruby that was encrusted in the silver band that was on his index.

He was delaying the inevitable. Farah would find out about Noah, whether it was through Israfil or not. Try as he might, he could not prevent the truth from snaking its way through his lips and into the open air for all to see and hear. She had to know, Israfil was fully aware of such, but how would she view him if she knew that he killed Noah?

It was selfish, yes, but he wanted to hold onto Farah's somewhat decent idea of him as long as possible. He didn't want to see her look at him with the same expression that she did with Noah- with fear. Israfil slumped against the driver's seat of his car as he tried to think of an umpteen amount of loopholes.

Perhaps he could just tell her that Noah fled the country?

No, that wouldn't work.

Farah had such a deep-rooted paralyzing unease when it came to Noah, so vivid it bordered PTSD. She often had re-occurrences or small instances where something familiar would take place and bring back all of the terrible events that had previously taken place, Israfil knew that Farah would not believe he was gone for sure unless she was told that he was truly dead.

Israfil let out another sigh, pushing the key into the ignition slot before turning it sharply, hearing the rumble of the car beneath him. He put the conveyance in reverse and began to pull out of where he was parked, before turning the wheel and driving forwards back onto the road. The drive back to his house was a short one, filled with silence and the quiet blurring of city lights as they passed him.

His pack lived on the outskirts of Los Angeles, surrounded by a thick forest and large trees that spread around the community. He also owned a large chunk of Los Angeles and the California itself, land covered in buildings and other man-made structures where contrasting and towering palm trees stood tall.

Soon he was slowing into the driveway of his home, the night soundless and still around him. He hadn't realized how long he had been in the dungeons, teeth tearing at flesh and blood blemishing the cement. But nonetheless, he had to push the remembrances of his past violence behind him to move forward.

And he did just that. He clicked the lock button on his car twice to ensure it was enclosed from any impending intruders and began to make his way up the stone driveway and to the front steps of his house. His hand, still shaking from adrenalin, clinked against the metal of his keys as he pushed them into the slot of the door, turning sharply to unlock it before he pushed it open with caution. Israfil's palm pressed against the crack as he crept inwards as if it would muffle the sound of his entry.

It was just past ten o'clock at night when he kicked off his shoes and placed his keys in the ceramic bowl that sat on the small table by the front door and he stepped further through the front foyer. He could see only one source of light, and it was reigning in from the kitchen. He froze and listened for a sound, a heartbeat, and he found one.

It was Farah's, he guessed. He was proven correct when he walked towards the luminescence and heard her heartbeat rate grow gradually faster. When he turned the corner into the kitchen, Farah stood short and quivering with a rubber spatula raised in the air as if she was ready to attack.

He let out a laugh, "What? Were you going to hit me with a spatula?"

Although Farah's blush was not evident, she could still feel the heat rushing to her cheeks. "I thought you were an intruder."

"Noah?" It slipped out of his mouth before he could stop it, and instantly he felt regret pooling in his stomach. But Farah remained indifferent, yet still flinched at the sound of his name. "Sorry," Israfil murmured.

"Don't worry about it. But yeah," She sighed, placing her attack weapon on the counter. "I thought you were Noah."

"You don't have to worry about him anymore, Farah." Israfil's eyes were almost white porcelain in the dim lighting of the kitchen, pulling Farah into a trance. "He's gone this time, I mean it."

Farah believed him.

--

huh

what yall think ? lmk in the comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.1K 65
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
933K 27.3K 30
"Slowly, little moon-- I'm not going anywhere." ***** Marked wolves were the only wolves that could conceive an A...
1.4M 55K 42
Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father's mistake. His father had given away hi...
8.3K 301 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...