Kane

By Just_Josie

*Not Edited, Will Edit when finished writing* HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in AlphaFemale #1 in BodyPositivity #5 i... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Covers
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
A/N
A/N
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight

Chapter Thirty- Two

5.9K 241 45
By Just_Josie

Unedited

Lina

I've never ever thought I'd be in this predicament, but yet again reality has proven that wrong, on numerous situations.

We are currently in a large room, emphasis on large. There's a wide long table with maroon leather seats surrounding it. Seated at the front of the table is Kane, myself and his brothers, the seats next to Knox and Kade are filled with Mac and Vince.

Then followed further along towards the end of the table is Rux, Jace and various other pack members and enforcers. Mrs Anne, is seated near the end with Kase who's currently interested in the little iPad he's about to crack with his crazed tapping.

I feel my nerves calm somewhat as he curses softly at the screen, breaking the somewhat serious tension. Kade whistles towards him once, Kase looks up with an eye roll but keeps quiet. Kane stands, his tall big body taking up the head of the table.

"Thank you all for attending this meeting under short notice" He starts with a nod.

"As you have probably noticed, our Luna has accompanied me. She will be attending from here on out" He pauses facing me, his voice floating through my mind.

'Did you wanna add anything'

I shake my head in a negative. He nods and continues. "There's not much to discuss, as everything is rolling peacefully and in order. We will be having a ceremony to welcome our new pack members tomorrow so I will need you all to help with preparation"

He faces every single one of them, his voice and body commanding. "The only thing I need you all to focus on is our patrol shifts. I want our boarders and front lines to double up on shifts. I want each and every one of you on alert, for we did have a few complications up in Toronto not too long ago."

There's a low murmur of curiosity from the pack memebers, but they quickly quiet down as Kane continues.

"Vince, I want you to let the enforcers know that they now have a new training schedule. Our Luna will be taking their old time slot for now. Until she's ready, she will be training alongside them" he says facing my brother who is grinning softly.

"Knox I've trusted you've kept our books up to date with everything?" Knox nods in agreement, "Yeah but I need to run something past you later" Kane gives an affirmative before facing everyone else.

A man near the end of the table clears his throat, making Kane turn in his direction waiting for him to speak. His blue eyes find my own as he bows his head once before speaking, "I just wanted to know if the Luna will be returning to work-"

Kane cuts the man off with a firm "No" while I place a hand against his arm. He turns towards me as I face the blue eyed man, "As for now not yet, but it is a possibility-" Kane's eyes narrow warningly down at me.

I inwardly roll my eyes before continuing, "That me and Kane are discussing" I turn towards him with a look, that hopefully translates 'Not now'. Kane sighs softly and somewhat discreetly, but not too discreet as I see the grins on Vince and Knox's faces.

I slide my hand under his shirt, feeling his warm back muscles tighten as my palm makes contact with his skin. Turning back towards them, Kane asks if anyone else had anything that needed to be discussed.

Kane turns to Mac, his eyes questioning. Mac gives a subtle shake of his head a silent message I gather Kane understands. When everyone has nothing else to add, he dismisses the meeting as everyone starts to file out of the room.

He turns towards me, his hulking body folding into the large chair behind him. His amber ringed eyes narrowing as I stand. I sigh, moving his hands out of his lap, I move to straddle him. "Don't give me that look, you already knew that we weren't done discussing that" he wets his bottom lip, his big hands moving to cup my ass, pulling me in closer towards him.

"You know I love my job Kane, I love those kids- I mean those little wolf cubs" He smiles softly as I correct myself. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I place my face closer to his, nuzzling my nose against his.

"Maybe just until we make our own wolf cub then I'll be your stay at home wife" I whisper against his lips, my eyes flickering up to see his now liquified whiskey coloured ones. I wait patiently for him to answer me or at least say something as he continues to watch me.

He exhales roughly through his nose and I almost grin happily as I know I've got him. He leans his forehead against my own, pressing a warm kiss against my lips. "Okay, only because I love you so damn much" he says after pulling back from me.

I definitely couldn't hold it in and grin widely up at him. He growls lowly, his dimples winking at me. "As for our babies? I say we go get started on that right now" I let out a loud scream as he stands with me still wrapped around him, his long legs carrying us towards the large door and upstairs to the master suite my laughs and his low growls fading through the long hallway.

~*~*~*~*~

After two rounds of 'baby making' I was finally released as Kane declared he needed to feed me. We were met with his brothers all lounging in the main living room, Mac and Vince nowhere to be seen.

Mrs Anne comes around the corner not a second later, announcing that dinner was served. We all make our way towards the kitchen, I make sure that I grab Kase's arm hugging him tightly as he wrinkles his nose up at me.

I narrow my eyes down at him mockingly. He sniffs me once his eyes narrowing, "You smell weird Lina" my cheeks colour at his statement. Kade and Knox chuckling not so subtly behind their fists.

"She smells like me buddy, that's how she's meant to smell" Kane says to his right, gripping Kase's hips as he lifts him into his arms. Kase makes a cute disgusted face, his amber ringed eyes flashing at Kane.

"No way! She smelt way better before you took her" I silently plead for the ground to swallow me whole as Kase continues, Kade is flat out laughing now as he leans against his chair, Knox grins devilishly up at me.

I inwardly slap my forehead before catching sight of Kane's smug grin making me want to slap his face instead. I growl lowly as Kane chuckles. "Now Kase, I think you should apologise" Kase turns towards me with a guilty expression on his beautiful face.

"I'm sorry Lina, that wasn't nice" I shake my head, pulling him down and off of Kane's arms, his legs wrap around my waist tightly as I hug him. "All's forgiven little wolf man" he pulls back with a smile, making sure to drop down as Mrs. Anne calls for Knox and Kade to help with setting up dinner.

Kane slides his arms around my waist, making sure to cup my butt with his big hands. "Boy, he's a wolf boy" he says with a smirk before pointing to himself, "Me, I'm a wolf man. Your Wolf-Man" I shake my head in amusement, his lips pecking mine softly.

Stepping back and out of his tempting embrace I sigh, "Well Wolf man, put me on the spot once more and you'll just be a wolf, in the dog house. Outside-" I continue to walk back, making sure to use my hands as emphasis.

"Sleeping alone" he rolls his eyes, giving me a wink as he follows after me.

Once Knox and Kade set the table, we all sit as Kase says grace. Everyone's digging in as soon as he's done. When dinner is finally over we say goodnight to Mrs. Anne while me and Kane tackle the dirty dishes.

Kade clears the table and puts away the left overs while Knox is left with 'Kase Duties' as they all call it. He takes Kase upstairs to run his bath and help him get ready for bed.

As I wash and Kane dries I find myself smiling watching them all settle into their domesticated routine. Kade cling wraps the few plates of food before stacking them neatly into the fridge, making sure to wipe down the dining table and countertops.

Kane rinses the last plate, drying it and then putting it away in the overhead cupboards. My heart is torn, feeling somewhat saddened at the fact that their mother and father who had taught them these things never got the chance to see them now and how independent and mature their boys have become.

I grab a towel to dry my hands, I turn just in time as a tear slides down my cheek. Making sure to give Kane my back I quickly wipe my eyes and take a deep breath as I hold back sobs. Just judging by how at ease they were with doing things around the house and with handling Kase I knew they had been doing this for quite some time.

With the help of Mrs. Anne too of course. I jump as a hand lands on my shoulder, I turn as Kade bends down a bit till he sees my eyes. "Hey what's wrong Bambina?" I smile softly, with a shake of my head I wave him off.

"I'm good, really" he doesn't look convinced his eyes catching sight of Kane behind me. "I don't know man, she was crying when I got here" he says before taking a step back. I turn as Kane nods and looks down at me, his eyes searching my own.

He pulls me into his arms without a word, Kade leaving quietly behind us. I snuggle into his shirt, trying like hell to calm my damn breathing. He runs a soothing hand down my back, calming my crazy nerves somewhat. "You alright baby?" I nod, not trusting myself to talk.

"You wanna talk about it?" I shake my head once more, hugging him tighter. I open our link.

'I'm fine Kane, really'

He pulls my face back slightly, tilting my chin with his hands as he searches my face.

'No secrets Lina, remember?'

I sigh, "I was just tearing up because you guys are just so used to doing things yourselves and- and" he cuts me off softly running his thumb against the curve of my cheek.

"I get it baby. I do, I get it" he presses a gentle kiss against my forehead before hugging me once more. With a heavy sigh, I press a kiss against his neck and move back. "Let's go say goodnight to Kase before you take me to bed"

He smiles, my heart lightening up once again, "I'll meet you up there I need to see Mac real quick" I nod, "You going to be long?"

He grins, "Why you going to miss me?" I roll my eyes. Gripping his shirt in my hand I pull him down and towards me, claiming his mouth with my own, I show him using my mouth and tongue my answer for his stupid question.

Pulling back slightly as I break the kiss I smirk. "Always. Now hurry back to me" I whisper before turning and making my way up the stairs towards Kase's room.

~*~*~*~*~

Kane

I fight the urge to follow after her and bring her back to finish what she started and the other urge that is saying to hang back a bit and watch the sway of her hips or the jiggle of her ass. I hold back a groan as she starts climbing the stairs.

Needing to calm myself I turn and head out the back door leading to the backyard and a clearing where I usually run to clear my head. Slipping my shirt off, I drop it on a nearby lawn chair and shift, making sure to stretch and shake out my fur and limbs. Taking off into a light jog, I shoot into the clearing blending into the night as I mindlink Mac.

'I'm close by'

He sends back an affirmative as I just pass the clearing and take a right heading back into main pack grounds. I catch sight of him up ahead near the boarder. The guards he was conversing with pauses and bows respectfully as I shift.

Mac throws me a pair of shorts that I accept and change into before straightening. Turning towards the guard I nod in greeting as we turn and move further along the boarder.

"What took you so long?" I wince, the images of Lina crying just a second ago flashing through my mind. "I had a hold up, Lina got emotional" he pauses mid walk, "About what?" I sigh, "She was emotional about my parents not being able to see us and how we've grown up and become mature men."

Mac smiles softly, "Damn. She definitely loves you" I chuckle, "That she does."
Turning towards me he sobers up, "But on the real, your parents would be proud man, no doubt about it. You did great with raising those little brats" I nod, a feeling of sorrow filling me.

"Yeah, Thank God for Mrs. Anne" he grins at that, instantly lightening the mood once more. "Hell yeah."

Nodding towards more guards up ahead I wait for him to speak. "So, I spoke to Mrs Sue again. They've settled in well"

"And your wolf?" I question, curious as to how he'd answer. He sighs, "My wolf seems to have eased off but I can feel him pacing, he's waiting for something. I can feel it" I nod, my suspicions confirmed.

"Have you seen the girl?" He shakes his head, "No, but regardless if she's my mate. She'll be mine." I pause mid step, almost shocked at his admission. "So you've come to accept it then?" He pauses watching me for a second before facing the dark Forrest, with a heavy sigh he replies. "Yeah, I guess I have. I just hope she can accept me."

~*~*~*~*~

Hello lovely people! Finally finished this chapter, hasn't been edited or anything so read with caution! Hope everyone has been well, I apologise for the long wait but it's up now!

Stay safe, love ya'll!

Josie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 86.6K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...
257K 5.7K 36
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
2.4M 58.5K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...