Freedom {LGBT+}

By Anonymous_Summers

Prince Cormac has unanswered questions. Seeking those answers he fell in love in the process. What does his f... More

1.Fifteen
2. Household
3. A Curious Prince
4. It's only Political
5. Secrets
6. Ace in the Hole
7. Ace in the Hole {2}
8. Truths and Lies
9. A Prince Choice
11. Good and Bad
12. Dance
13. Burn
14. Change
15. Heart of Mine
16. Close for Comfort
17. Forgetting is Hard.....Don't hurt in the process
18. Hopelessly in Love
19. Promises
20. Beginning
21. Burning with Passion
22. Battle Scars
23. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival
24. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival {2}
25. The Truth will hurt us Both
26. The things I do
27. Babies, Findings and Answers
28. Coronation
29. Coronation {2}
30. Coronation {3}
31. Tricking the Trickster
32. We Live to Die
33. Who you are
34. Deception and Lies
35. A Ruler
36. The Art of Escape
37. Reunite
38. The missing Pieces
39. The Missing Pieces {2}
40. Phoenix
Author's Note

10. Family

3.4K 220 22
By Anonymous_Summers

🌈

"Wow!" Poppy said in excitement as she watched the baby move around in Siobhan's belly.

Siobhan giggled, watching as Poppy was amazed by what was happening. Poppy poked a finger, wondering if she could actually touch the baby inside. Phoenix sat beside Siobhan, Gus resting on his lap as they enjoyed the morning. 

"Doesn't that hurt?" Rocco asked, scrunching his face in pain, seeing the baby move about.

Siobhan looked towards Rocco. "No, it doesn't."

Rocco shivered as he imagined how that would feel. He looked away, turning to chat back with Rebel. Phoenix enjoyed days like these when he could relax and forget about the things that troubled him. Siobhan, along with Poppy, Rebel, Rocco and Gus bought about a calming feeling to him.

"What happened to your leg Nix?" Gus asked, pointing to the wound on Phoenix's leg. Rocco and Rebel turned to look at him as Phoenix turned to look at Siobhan.

He knew he couldn't leave the question unanswered. Phoenix also knew he couldn't tell them about the things he did. Rocco and Rebel was old enough and that made Phoenix refused to tell them even more. They would think that they were old enough to help him out, to help him help Siobhan, Poppy, Gus and even Stella.

Phoenix wanted them to live as they are right now. Not having to take a share of his responsibilities. All he needed to know was that they woke up another day, smiling and creating memories with Phoenix and Siobhan. Not wanting to worry that they might not make it back if they went outside.

Phoenix smiled, lifting his leg showcasing his wound. "I had an accident at the book house. I'm strong so it doesn't hurt that much."

Gus poked his wound, a shot of pain running through his leg but he kept a smile on his face. Rocco tusked as he looked away, making Phoenix think something was bothering him. Siobhan looked at Phoenix, her eyes telling him that he can't keep lying to them. Siobhan knew how protective Phoenix was and she too wanted to protect the four. Siobhan needed for Phoenix to understand that one day they will find out about the things they lied about. 

"Whose ready to take a bath?" Phoenix said, wanting to rid the room of any uncomfortable thought.

Poppy jumped to her feet, her hand held high as she beamed at Phoenix, "Me!" she said. Poppy had always been the cheerful one. Phoenix thought it was just due to her age and how she looked at everything positively rather than in a negative way.

Phoenix grabbed the buckets they always used. Handing out to all four. Rocco grabbed the bucket from Phoenix with much force before going over back to Rebel. The two were always close. As the two oldest they stuck to each other. Phoenix frowned when he did that, wanting to have a talk with Rocco. 

"Can we stay by the river today?" Poppy asked, jumping on her feet with the bucket atop her head.

"I don't see why not." Siobhan said, looking towards Phoenix. "It's a good day out today."

When was it ever a good day in Area fifteen? They woke up to the same walls, the same scrap they had to make use of. Everyday was the same. As Phoenix looked at an excited Poppy, a Siobhan who thought it was a good day. He thought how they could forget what was in front of them and seem so happy. Phoenix was happy with them, but Area fifteen haunted him. Resting on his shoulders, whispering a constant reminder of where he was and what life had to offer. As someone who grew up inside Area fifteen all his life, Phoenix thought he would be able to rid the bad and live in the moment with the good.

Siobhan had learnt that, that she had to make use of the good days and not let the bad ones block her vision. Phoenix smiled, "Sure we can do that." For once he'll allow this happiness to fully take over. Lose himself and not while reading a book or being with Axton. Phoenix will look at the good Area fifteen had offered before him.

Poppy cheered before rushing off, Gus following behind her. Siobhan told Rebel and Rocco to watch the two until they arrived. Siobhan stood, smiling at Phoenix. "Did you get shot in the head with an arrow too?"

Phoenix laughed, "Why aren't you funny Siobhan. I thought we could use a change today."

"Poppy is really happy that she could go." Siobhan pointed out. "Do you know where Ace went?"

Phoenix hadn't expected for Siobhan to ask about Ace. Phoenix hasn't seen him since he left that day. "Aren't you worried about him? He left that night, I haven't seen him since."

"Of course I'm worried, aren't you?" Siobhan rested a hand on her hip. "I'm sure you wanted to help him."

"It's in my nature." Phoenix pushed his hair from his face. "Besides, he went outside on his own."

"Don't you think he's a little like you?" Phoenix raised a brow. "He's kind, caring and much to my surprise he has a helpful nature like you. Ace is just more polite than you are."

Phoenix rolled his eyes playfully. Ace and him were nothing alike in his eyes. Phoenix knew there was something odd about him. The look on his face when he left his pair of shoes and crawled through the opening. Phoenix saw a fearless look in his eyes. That Ace didn't fear what was outside these walls like the other fifteens did. Phoenix thought it was just the nature of someone who grew up in Seridina and was new to Area Fifteen.

Then, Phoenix knew those same fearless eyes that didn't fear what the new life in Area fifteen had to offer. Instead they were saddened by what they saw. He wasn't like the others that would cry and beg to be let out. Ace welcomed Area Fifteen. It still puzzled Phoenix as to why he wanted to leave. Every fifteen wanted to leave Area fifteen, to go back to their regular lives and be normal. Was Ace hoping that he could leave and go back to the life he had before?.

"Let's go before the others think we aren't coming." Phoenix said.

Siobhan nodded and left with Phoenix. The River was more prominent in Sector Two. A lot of people would always be there. Phoenix and the others would always full their buckets and go back home. Poppy and Gus were playing in the water as Rebel and Rocco stood to the side. Phoenix wondered why Rocco was upset with him. He didn't recall doing anything to upset them. In fact, he does nothing but bring smiles to their face. It pained Phoenix that one of them was upset with him.

Rebel saw Phoenix and said something to Rocco before walking over. Siobhan had went to where Gus and Poppy was. "Nix, can I ask you something?"

Phoenix smiled, "Go ahead Rebel."

Rebel fiddled with the hem of her shirt, glancing up at Phoenix nervously. "Is it umm..." Rebel trailed. Phoenix patted the top of her head, telling her it was okay to say what she wanted. "Is it okay if I wear Rocco's clothes today?"

"Rocco's?" Phoenix said. "I don't mind but is Rocco okay with that?"

Rebel nodded, "He said I should ask you if it was okay since my mom never allowed me to."

"You can wear whatever you want Rebel, you don't have to ask me or Siobhan." Phoenix told her. "Would you like to borrow my clothes as well?"

Rebel laughed, "I'll pass. Your clothes are too big for me." Phoenix was glad he could earn a smile from Rebel. Rebel rushed off back to Rocco then they joined Gus and Poppy in the water.

Phoenix looked around and saw no sight of Siobhan. "Where's Siobhan?" He bellowed at the four. Gus pointed in the direction she went.

Phoenix began walking along, hearing the laughs and occasional screams from all four. It was a good choice he decided that they came. They needed a little fun sometimes. To think that they could live as happily, no even more happily than they did before in Seridina. They all lost something on the outside, but on the inside of these walls they also found something.

"Sorry," Phoenix apologized when he walked along, dazed and didn't see that he already reached the spot where she was. Phoenix turned on his heels immediately when his eyes met the naked Siobhan.

"Did I ever tell you thank you?" Siobhan said.

"There's no need to." Phoenix replied, his back still turned.

"You're right," Siobhan agreed. "A thank you wouldn't be enough for what you've done for us."

"I already told you it's in my nature. I don't do it for the 'Thank you'."

"I had already given up. I wanted to depart from this world." Siobhan said. Phoenix knew what she was doing, knowing how painful of a memory it was for her. "If you hadn't walked up to me that day, I'm sure I'll be dead by now. I wouldn't have only killed myself but also this baby." she rubbed her belly. 

"I'm not angry anymore. It still hurts and I'm glad I was thrown here." Siobhan continued. "If I wasn't, I wouldn't have met you. You gave me a reason to live again. I'm sure those four also think the same. We appreciate what you do for us, when I worry for you it's for good reasons. I don't know what I'll do if you don't return one day. What will I tell them? We'll all be devastated because we lost apart of our family."

Phoenix kicked a pebble, looking out in the distance at the four. Siobhan had lost far too much. The people close to her took advantage of her. Defiled her in so many ways. Forcing her into the vilest of acts. No matter how hard she cried and screamed, no one would help her. Not even her own father because he believed it would change her. It couldn't, they can't change what's already there. They can't plant apple seeds and expect oranges. Having enough they threw her inside Area Fifteen, her sanity almost fading. Her body left in pieces and fear was the only thing she knew.

Siobhan even feared Phoenix. She feared any man that came close to her. Phoenix had handed her a stick, telling her if she thinks he's going to do anything she should hit him. He got a lot of  hits but it came to Siobhan's realization that she didn't need to fear Phoenix. It took a long time, but Phoenix was patient. He was new to situations like this and didn't know how to approach it.

Siobhan lost a lot and she was grateful for Phoenix. He gave her memories to overcome the bad. He showed her that Area fifteen was better than Seridina.

They all got home feeling jolly that day. Siobhan was making something to eat when Phoenix came back from Stella's house. She smiled at him. "You should wear those shoes. Don't let his kindness go to waste."

"I'll return them when we meet again." he answered.

"Do you think we'll see him again?" Siobhan questioned. Phoenix shrugged, "You two would make a good team since you're so much alike."

"I'm not pulling anyone in my schemes." Phoenix told her. He reached for his pendant. It was okay risking his life but not putting another's in danger.

"You're always reaching for that thing," Siobhan pointed to the pendant. "What is it for?"

"I'm not sure," Phoenix answered honestly. It always bothered him what it meant. It became a habit of his to reach for it. "My parents left it for me. It was my Dad's."

Siobhan looked away sadly, "Did you know him?"

"I didn't know him or my real mother." The only person he knew as a mother was Stella. She raised him all his life.

"This is getting sad." Siobhan forced a laugh. "If you happen to see Ace again, try and be his friend."

"I have you guys."

"No we're your family. You need a friend Phoenix."

🌈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 14.1K 25
I'm obsessed with my best friend's dad. One day I looked a bit longer into his eyes and he just knew he could do anything to me and I would love it. ...
2.6K 250 11
| ManxMan | - Historical Fiction - Strong SEXUAL Content | Tossed aside for his sexual preferences, a young lord is abandoned by his family. But, he...
3.7K 163 27
What happens when the president's son falls in love with a Prince who is tied down by the archaic traditions of his society. Two people from differen...
104K 5.1K 40
ManxMan | In 1920, when merely being homosexual is punishable by up to life imprisonment under British Law, a young English doctor flees his homeland...