The Big, Bad Badboy

By cri_evry_tiem

Emerald (Emma) Redbourne is a nobody in the hierarchy of high school, famed only for being late to school nin... More

Chapter 1 - The Big, Bad Bad Boy
Chapter 2 - The Human Wall
Chapter 3 - Public Enemy No.1
Chapter 4 - Strategic Thinking
Chapter 5 - Funeral Games
Chapter 6 - A New Comrade
Chapter 7 - Surveying Enemy Territory
Chapter 8 - Surprise Attack
Chapter 9 - An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 10 - External Violation
Chapter 11 - Dispelling The Threat
Chapter 12 - Rumour, A New Enemy
Chapter 13 - An Early Arrival
Chapter 14 - Continual Violation
Chapter 15 - The Enemy's Ex
Chapter 16 - Predicted Consequences
Chapter 17 - Ambush
Chapter 18 - Persuasive Techniques
Chapter 19 - The Enemy Drunk Dialled
Chapter 20 - Checkmate
Chapter 21 - Taking Chances
Chapter 22 - False Pretences
Chapter 23 - Revelation of Truths
Chapter 24 - Hunting For Armour
Chapter 25 - War
Chapter 26 - More Than Just Allies?
Chapter 27 - Double Assault
Chapter 28 - Duty
Chapter 29 - Compromising On The Field
Chapter 30 - Conflict
Chapter 31 - The Final Battle
Chapter 32 - Target Practice
Chapter 33 - The Enemy Met My Best Friend
Chapter 34 - A Familial Arrival
Chapter 35 - Relaxation
Chapter 36 - Rivalry
Chapter 37 - Bargaining
Chapter 38 - Decoding The Truth
Chapter 39 - The Enemy's Best Friends
Chapter 40 - War Paint
Chapter 41 - Planned Encounter
Chapter 42 - New Experiences
Chapter 43 - Secrets
Chapter 44 - Tension
Chapter 45 - Truth Serum
Chapter 46 - The Inebriated Enemy
Chapter 47 - Lie Detector
Chapter 48 - Crisis
Chapter 49 - Ceasefire
Chapter 50 - The Enemy Is My Ally

Epilogue

182 3 2
By cri_evry_tiem

After prom had finished, I was waiting in the reception area for Grey to come back from the toilets. I think what Heidi had said had really got to him and his bladder.

I chuckled to myself, reminiscing over how amazing the evening had been. Grey and I had finally come clean about our feelings for each other and he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I was undoubtedly the happiest person alive right now.

I was staring into space when I heard someone call my name. It was somebody I hadn't seen in a while.

Victor Blue was standing in front of me, his hair and face as perfect as usual. The suit he was wearing exentuated the colour of his eyes. There was no doubt that he looked incredibly good.

"Hi, Victor." I greeted, giving him a small smile.

He returned it and started up with small talk.

"How are you doing?" He asked me, taking a seat opposite me and studying me.

"I'm well, how are you?"

"Not too bad. The last few months haven't been easy but I've been investing myself more in sport to stay focused."

The mention of sport brought back the memory of our breakup. I shuddered at the thought.

"Did you come with someone tonight?"

Victor looked up from the floor, surprised at my sudden question. I hope he didn't think I was jealous or anything. I was just trying to make small talk and we had just had prom, so it seemed appropriate.

"No, I didn't. I stuck with Chris for most of it." He confessed and I recalled how Heidi practically stuck to Chris like glue when I saw them before.

"And Heidi too?" I added with a chuckle.

Victor nodded, a smile forming on his face.

"Yeah, Heidi."

"What about you? Did you come with anyone?" Victor inquired. I could tell he was a little bit nervous to ask me this. I just hoped he wouldn't take the answer badly.

"I did." I told him, watching his reaction. His face fell a little but then a sad smile found its way onto his lips.

"I'm glad."

At that very moment, Grey walked out of the toilets, his eyes widening as he saw Victor.

"Is everything ok here?" Grey stood in front of me protectively, and I assumed he was glaring at Victor.

Victor looked between the two of us, his mind putting the pieces together.

"Are you two dating?" Victor spoke calmly, and Grey continued to loom in front of me, his legs spread out to mark his territory.

"Yes." I stated and Victor got up.

He gave me a strained smile, congratulating us. And then he quickly walked out of the door.

Grey relaxed his posture and sat down next to me.

"Hey, I never asked you, but are you sure you're ready to be with me?" Grey placed his hand over mine and waited for my response.

I didn't need to think it through. I knew I was ready.

"Yes. Definitely." I assured him, one-hundred-percent sure that I was.

Grey embraced me, so that I was sitting on his lap with my face buried in his chest. The position we were in was more comfortable than it sounds.

"Hey, lovebirds, go PDA somewhere else!" I heard an annoyingly familiar voice rant, and I reluctantly removed my head from Grey's chest to face them.

Ruby was standing there, her eyes shining with happiness, despite the garbage that was leaving her mouth.

"Well hello to you too, Ruby!" I replied, as Grey's arms snaked around my waist, pulling my back flush with his chest.

"Hello big sister." Grey taunted and Ruby, at his words, turned pale.

"God, when you say that, it sounds like you two are married or something." Ruby remarked and I blushed.

Grey just tightened his grip on me and whispered into my ear.

"One day."

***

A few weeks later

Summer was finally here and all of my exams were over (for now). So far, I had spent every day skiving off or doing something useless like watching those videos of people doing everyday chores. I should've planned my summer better.

I was currently slumped on my couch, popcorn in one hand and the remote for my TV in the other. I was watching some trash TV about a woman whose baby's father is yet to be identified. It was amusing to watch and sometimes Dee and I would watch it together merely for the fun of it.

"It's my kid, he's got my feet!" One guy yelled, pushing the other guy backwards.

"He's got my eyes though!" The other guy yelled back, regaining his stance.

Then the lady, I think her name was Giselle, intervened.

"Guys, guys, it's none of y'all. The paternity test came back and it's a nought percent match to either of you. And also, I haven't see you guys for at least a year."

The two guys groaned, shrugged their shoulders and walked off.

I started to laugh. This show was hilarious.

Just as I was about to watch Giselle break the news to another unsuspecting guy, the doorbell rang.

I wasn't expecting anyone though.

I quickly snuck into the kitchen, taking out a frying pan before approaching the front door with caution. Who knows what could be on the other side? Maybe it was a baby!

I opened the door, throwing the frying pan back over my shoulder, ready to smack any intruders.

"Emerald?"

Grey was standing there, confused until he saw the frying pan I was holding before erupting into hearty laughter.

"You... brought... a .... frying pan...to the front... door?"

I frowned, lowering the weapon, despite the current temptation to knock his jaw out with it.

I then realised how I must look right now. There were popcorn fragments dotted all over my hoodie and leggings, making me look like a social recluse.

"I wasn't expecting you." Is all I said, although I was happy to see him.

"I just got back from Spain and I wanted to see you." Grey told me, as I let him into my house.

"What about your man-gang?" I joked, plopping myself back on the couch and stuffing some popcorn into my mouth. Grey sat next to me, making himself comfortable. I leaned forward and offered him some popcorn, as the great host that I am.

He declined and answered my question.

"My 'man-gang' as you call it, are perfectly fine. I'm seeing them this afternoon if you want to come with?" Grey offered.

I thought about it.

"I'm really busy, you see." I responded sarcastically, and Grey chuckled, ruffling the top of my head.

"With Giselle and her baby daddies?" He retorted, after having a quick look at the TV screen.

"Yep."

Grey stood up, lifting me over his shoulder. I screamed, still not used to his surprise ambushes.

"Come on, let's get you ready."

He carried me up the stairs and plopped me down on my bed.

"What do I wear?" I moaned, flicking through my wardrobe disinterestedly.

Grey took a look and pulled out an outfit for me. It was a t-shirt and a dark pair of jeans that looked surprisingly ok together.

"What? Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I don't have a sense of fashion." Grey sassed, clicking his fingers like a diva. I laughed at his actions and after ordering him out the room, I got changed into the selected outfit.

"Hey Emerald?" Grey called from outside my door.

"What is it, Grey?" I said back, hauling the t-shirt over my head.

"You do know I can see you."

My eyes went wide with fright. The keyhole!

"Pervert!" I hissed, speeding up the pace at which I was dressing.

"Just joking!"

I groaned. I was really self-conscious for a second there.

After I finished getting changed, I opened the door and Grey was sitting there, looking bored. His eyes lit up when he looked up and saw me.

"Emerald?" He asked me, placing his chin on his knees.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know why I call you Emerald?"

I shook my head. Actually, I didn't. It had always baffled me. I assumed he did it to be annoying.

"Because it's more of a beautiful name than Emma. I think for that reason, it suits you."

Although his reasoning was cheesy and probably out of a 'Romance for Dummies' book, I thanked him, diving into his chest and hugging him with all my strength.

"Thanks, badboy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that brings this book to a close! I don't feel like writing a sequel BUT I'm happy to do some other things. Let me know if you're interested in the following:

-A Q&A
-A chapter from Grey's point of view
-A chapter set in the future?

If there's anything else I haven't mentioned which you want to see, please tell me.

Also!

I am currently writing a few other books, so please check them out if you're interested. (They're not published yet but just collecting dust in my drafts). They will be very different to this book.

Thank you so much for your time and patience. I hope you've enjoyed reading this book as much as I've enjoyed writing it! :))))

Love you all,

D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290 19 37
Because Jaden Grey is Intoxicating and addictive. Once you've had a little bit, you keep coming for more. Too bad nobody warned me in that moment, i...
353K 8.8K 62
She's rich, the perfect student, and graduating early. He's a heathen, a heartbreaker, and well he may never graduate... These all might be true, but...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...
8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...