The Big, Bad Badboy

By cri_evry_tiem

Emerald (Emma) Redbourne is a nobody in the hierarchy of high school, famed only for being late to school nin... More

Chapter 1 - The Big, Bad Bad Boy
Chapter 2 - The Human Wall
Chapter 3 - Public Enemy No.1
Chapter 4 - Strategic Thinking
Chapter 5 - Funeral Games
Chapter 6 - A New Comrade
Chapter 7 - Surveying Enemy Territory
Chapter 8 - Surprise Attack
Chapter 9 - An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 10 - External Violation
Chapter 11 - Dispelling The Threat
Chapter 12 - Rumour, A New Enemy
Chapter 13 - An Early Arrival
Chapter 14 - Continual Violation
Chapter 15 - The Enemy's Ex
Chapter 16 - Predicted Consequences
Chapter 17 - Ambush
Chapter 18 - Persuasive Techniques
Chapter 19 - The Enemy Drunk Dialled
Chapter 20 - Checkmate
Chapter 21 - Taking Chances
Chapter 22 - False Pretences
Chapter 23 - Revelation of Truths
Chapter 24 - Hunting For Armour
Chapter 25 - War
Chapter 26 - More Than Just Allies?
Chapter 27 - Double Assault
Chapter 28 - Duty
Chapter 29 - Compromising On The Field
Chapter 30 - Conflict
Chapter 31 - The Final Battle
Chapter 32 - Target Practice
Chapter 33 - The Enemy Met My Best Friend
Chapter 34 - A Familial Arrival
Chapter 35 - Relaxation
Chapter 36 - Rivalry
Chapter 37 - Bargaining
Chapter 38 - Decoding The Truth
Chapter 39 - The Enemy's Best Friends
Chapter 40 - War Paint
Chapter 41 - Planned Encounter
Chapter 42 - New Experiences
Chapter 43 - Secrets
Chapter 44 - Tension
Chapter 45 - Truth Serum
Chapter 46 - The Inebriated Enemy
Chapter 47 - Lie Detector
Chapter 48 - Crisis
Chapter 49 - Ceasefire
Epilogue

Chapter 50 - The Enemy Is My Ally

146 5 1
By cri_evry_tiem

The final chapter is finally here! YAY!

I'm so excited to finally finish this book! However, there will be an epilogue after this, so don't forget to read that.

~D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night air was cool and chilly against my face but I revelled in it. The breeze was perfect on my warm skin, allowing me to cool down and relax.

My arms however, were far from happy. I began to shiver as goosebumps formed all over my skin.

Before I knew what was going on, a jacket was thrown over my body. It was warm and smelt good.

"Here." Grey helped me to put it on properly and I thanked him. I felt a lot warmer.

"Let's walk up to the bridge," Grey suggested, taking my hand in his as we strolled in that direction.

Although it was dark outside, it was beautiful. The grass was soft and the sky was clear, allowing many stars to be seen. The moon was out too, flooding the golf course in a pool of its moonlight.

We finally reached the small wooden bridge in the midst of the course. It was built over a tiny stream filled with gushing water. The sounds of the running waves was soothing.

Grey and I stood there for a bit, observing our surroundings.

"It's beautiful." I breathed out, truly taken aback by the scenery.

"It is." Grey commented and I turned to him. He wasn't looking at the scenery though. He was looking directly at me.

I felt my face grow hot yet again. Did he mean that? Had he just called me beautiful?

"I-" I tried to speak but no words came out.

Grey smiled at my ineptitude, before turning back to the scenery.

I was irritated at myself. I should've said something. I should've thanked him, or told him how handsome he looked, although goddamn hot was probably more accurate.

"Grey." I squeaked out, my breath hitched in my throat. My heart was racing.

Grey looked to me curiously.

"What is it, Emerald?"

That's when I did it. I dived forward and gently took hold of his face, before planting my lips on his. At first he didn't kiss back. I was tempted to step back but as I tried to, an arm held me firmly in place. I could barely register what was happening.

Grey Black was kissing me back.

We broke from the kiss, sighing with relief as we did so.

"I've been waiting for you to do that ever since you kissed me to run away from me." Grey remarked, a look of nostalgia crossing his face. I felt my chest grow warm at his comment. Did this mean he liked me? I had to ask. Now was the perfect time to.

"Grey, do you like me?"

Grey blinked, his eyebrows raised. I don't think he was expecting the question.

"Well, that depends." He replied, vaguely. Wow, this idiot knew how to ruin special moments, didn't he?

"On?" I pushed, desperate to get an answer.

"On whether you like me." He finished, smirking, but I could tell he was nervous.

"I do."

My words came out in a hushed whisper. I had never admitted it until this very second, but it was true. I did like Grey. I had never enjoyed being with somebody as much as I enjoyed being with him. I'd also never felt so comfortable around another person. And I am definitely attracted to him, I mean, who isn't! I suppose it had took me so long to realise it because I wasn't fully over Victor and I was uncertain about Grey's feelings.

Grey was overjoyed. He lifted me off the ground and into his arms.

"I like you too, Emerald."

My arms wrapped around him as I pulled him close to me, savouring his smell and his warmth.

After a few minutes, we separated.

"I have one more question for you, Miss Redbourne." Grey took my hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Our eyes met and I nodded for him to continue.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I was overwhelmed with emotions. My chest was thudding so loudly, my head was spinning and my face was erupting into pure, unadultered happiness. I sprung up off the balls of my feet and put my arms around Grey's neck.

"Of course."

***

"It took you guys long enough." Dee, that grumpy sod, muttered under her breath once Grey and I had announced our relationship.

And then she embraced me and Grey, crying out 'I told you so.'

Steve, Jeremy and Lottie all offered their congratulations but none of them looked very surprised.

"You owe me money," Dee informed Jeremy, sticking her palm out in his direction. They'd bet on us?

Steve saw my shocked expression and filled in the blanks.

"Once we heard about Grey and you fake dating, we all bet on when you would get together. After Grey invited you to prom, Dee knew she was going to win."

Dee fist pumped in the air as she received thirty pounds.

Grey and I looked at each other and laughed.

"We're worth more than thirty pounds." Grey claimed, pulling me closer to him.

I nodded in agreement, nestling my head in his shoulder.

"Awww." The whole group cooed and I glared at them.

"Awww yourselves!" I hissed and Grey chuckled at my statement.

"EMERALD REDBOURNE."

My heart froze. Was it- It couldn't be-

It was Heidi.

I spun to face my worst nightmare. An angry Heidi, with a terrified Chris on her arm.

"You're finally with Grey Black and you didn't tell me?" She boomed, and I heard Chris and Grey whimper simultaneously.

Grey leaned down to my ear and whispered "I need to pee."

I slapped his shoulder and faced Heidi. What kind of badboy gets scared at a girl of five-foot?

"Heidi, I'm so sorry. We literally just got together!" I apologised and Heidi's face immediately softened.

"Haahhahaa!" she giggled uncontrollably.

"You should've seen your faces!" Heidi mocked, pointing at Grey and me.

"What?" Grey and I said in unison.

"I'm not actually angry at you, Emmie. I just wanted to scare the infamous Grey Black." She explained and I felt a smile come to my face. She leaned in closer to us and spoke in a low voice. "And if my lip reading skills are still at their best, I would say that he just wet himself." 

Grey shook his head.

"I was exaggerating." He protested, but Heidi shook her head and laughed.

"It was nice to meet you, Grey Black." She quickly spoke, before prodding his chest. "If you ever hurt Emmie, I will feed your flesh to my dogs."

Grey nodded anxiously, gulping.

"I won't." He managed to push out a few words and Heidi, satisfied with his response, backed away and bid us farewell.

Grey was positively traumatised by meeting Heidi. I gave him a reassuring squeeze with my hand and he smiled, thankful for my comforting.

"Emerald, do you want to dance?" Grey suggested, his eyes trailing off to the virtually empty dance floor. Everyone had wandered off outside to take pictures, making the dance floor perfect for the two of us to enjoy.

"Sure." I told him, even though I didn't like dancing.

We did that slow dance thing that you see in American movies, where the guy holds the girl by the waist and the girl holds onto his neck and they just sway from side to side. It was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

"Hey, Emerald." Grey piped up after a minute of dancing.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, looking up at him.

"I lied, you know." He gave another one of his trademark remarks and I, frustrated, hurried on his answer.

"About?"

"Who the most important person in my life is."

I was trying to ignore the warmth invading my chest again and with a semi-composed face, I asked him.

"Who is it?"

"It's you."

*The end*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Bad Boy By Say

Teen Fiction

424K 12.7K 28
This is the story of Isaac Grey and Olivia Stein. Isaac Grey is the ultimate bad boy of Francis High. He's the most popular boy in the entire school...
8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
233K 4.2K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
1.1M 27.1K 50
Arianna has never had a normal life. Her mom died when she was 10 and her father blames her. Ever since the day her mom died her dad has abused her m...