I'm Not Yours, Alpha (Under R...

By HeronLightFray

Highest Rank: Werewolf #1 "Mine" he growls, and spins me around to face him. His face is now only inches away... More

I'm Not Yours, Alpha
Prologue
Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Awkward
Chapter 3: Imperfections
Chapter 5: Invitation
Chapter 6: Stones
Author's Note + Cast
Chapter 7: Forgot
Chapter 8: Restraint
Chapter 9: Dinner
Author's Note: Please Read
Authors Note
Chapter 10: Fear
Chapter 11: Closer
Chapter 12: Game
Chapter 13: Hold
Chapter 14: Bat

Chapter 4: New

226K 8.4K 2.8K
By HeronLightFray

I just want to start off by saying thank you for all the votes and comments, you all are awesome!

Without further a due;

Chapter 4: New

Jared's POV

It hurt.

Looking at her like this.

Knowing that whatever happened to physically scar her to that extent, I wasn't able to protect her from it. I wasn't able to take the pain away from my mate and tell her it'd be okay. The skin on Stella's left side looks as if its been burnt away and even I know that would've hurt the toughest of werewolves.

I feel my wolf rising to the surface as she sits up and grabs a flimsy shirt to shield herself from me.

Why is she hiding? I'm the last person she should hide from. She is stunning, scars and all. A low growl escapes my lips before I can muster enough strength to stop it. Seeing her like this sets me off and I can barely control it.

"What happened?" It may be forward of me to ask, but it's the only thing I can do to stop from shifting right here in front of her. I need answers.

Then it hits me, her emotions coming full swing through the mates bond, her insecurities, her fears, her worries, everything she feels I feel.

Only once have I felt this useless in my entire 18 years on this earth.

There she is -my beautiful mate- thinking fucking shit about herself and all I can do is stare. It's at time like now I don't care about what my father told me. I need to tell her and I will.

When the time is right.

"She has a fucking boyfriend," my wolf snaps venomously in my head like he has been doing since last night.

Carter.

Just his name has me wanting to rip his fucking throat out.

She's mine.

When I heard the words I love you pass her rosy lips I couldn't believe they weren't said to me. I should be the only one to hear those words come from her, not some weak human.

Stella looks up at me her eyes holding so many emotions and letting me feel every single one of them.

My grip on the door handle tightens considerably -to the point it might snap off- as I watch her head slowly fall into her tiny hands.

Before I know it I'm standing in front of her like the first night we met. She doesn't look at me and my wolf doesn't like that at all. He's used to the attention always being drawn to him wherever we go.

'Piss off' I tell him.

Her delicious scent hits me and I want nothing more than to reach out and take her into my arms, where she belongs.

"I'm sorry" I say meaning every word of it.

***

Stella's POV

"I'm sorry" he says.

"Please, p-please don't tell anybody" I beg him on the verge of tears. I look up at him and he's in front of me. His eyes widen as he inhales.

"Stella I-"

"Jared, get out now son" Anne's voice snaps both our heads to the door. There she stands holding the plastic bottle of pain killers in her hand, something I completely forgot I needed. The pain is gone on my side but the stomach churning feeling of someone seeing my burns is still there and stronger than ever as Jared stands before me.

Something about the way she is looking at him tells me he isn't going to argue with her.

I can't even look him in the eye as he steps away from me slowly. He must have walked out the door because that's all I hear before the door slams and something drops.

I look to the floor to see the tiny dented door knob rolling back and forth.

***

Sutton Regional High School

The sign on the front entrance reads in bold letters. A few people are scattered outside and along the property of the school just talking, while others sit along the green sports field. I walk up the front steps and open the doors.

As mum instructed before I left this morning, I have to pick up my schedule, so I make my way down the corridor following the signs to the office. The first thing I notice are the plaques of graduating classes from previous years plastered on the walls, there are hundreds of them. I pass them and a few students by their lockers, and before I know it I'm in the office.

I advance towards an elderly woman behind a large desk. She looks up and sees me halting whatever she's been doing.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up my schedule" I tell her admiring the photo on her desk of a boy and a girl.

"Name?" She asks.

"Stella Riverson"

Her head snaps in my direction her eyes widening.

Well that's weird.

"Okay one second" she seems lost in space as she rifles through a stack of papers. "Here you go sweetie" the secretary smiles sweetly, her wrinkled cheeks crumpling together as she hands me some papers and books from below her desk. "In there you got your schedule, locker number and text books. Don't lose them. We do not under any circumstances provide you with new ones." She informs me as I take them.

She ushers me away saying class will start soon all while looking a little on edge. I nearly walk into a wall on the way out but thankfully avoid it at the last minute.

The school is easy to navigate so finding my locker is going to be pretty easy.

Or so I thought.

With a few wrong turns and a hell of a lot of walking I finally find my locker. By this time the halls have cleared and a bell has already rung signalling I'm late.When I put my books away I open up my schedule to see English with Mr. Dawson first period.

I make my way -more like run- to class for the first time without Carter by my side. Every morning before class we would meet up and walk together to class first period. Not having him by me right now is kind of lonely and not as fun.

Being distracted by my thoughts I don't realize I've passed the class already, so I turn back around in search of it.

Okay, here we go.

I reluctantly raise my fist to knock on the classroom door. A voice calls for me to open the door so I do. And let me tell you,I really wish I hadn't.

At least 30 pairs of eyes turn to look at me as I enter.

"And who may you be?" a man with thickly framed glasses and a bald spot asks from next to the chalk board.

"Um-" I blank. I hear a few snickers from a few people in the class.

Oh great!

"Stella" I say finally comprehending the question.

"Oh yes, a new student." The teacher, Mr. Dawson looks at a sheet.

"Why are you late?"

"Well I-I um.."

Seriously! I'm not one for excuses but come on, I'm new cut me some slack! It's hard finding your way around.

"I-"

"Mr. D, come on stop making her sweat. She didn't do anything wrong!" A girl yells from the back of the class arising few laughs from the class because of the name she used.

Mr. Dawson looks annoyed as he turns to face her. "Ms. Hawkins please refrain from yelling in my class or else you will find yourself in detention with me during lunch"

"What? Only lunch? Mr. D, I thought we got passed the silly threats last year when you had me" she says with a smirk playing on her lips.

"Ms. Hawkins, I do not make threats, I make promises. Now quiet down before I make you one you can't refuse" he points at her.

She holds her hands I'm the air above her golden blonde head as if surrendering. "Alright, alright no need to get your knickers in a twist" she uses a fake British accent again earning laughs from the class.

"Settle down!" He yells at the class. "I'm warning you Ms. Hawkins. I've already sent you to the principals office twice since the beginning of the year. Don't make me do it again."

He turns to me, "How about you take a seat next to the ever so lovely Ms. Hawkins" he gestures to the blonde in the back.

I nod quickly and walk to the back of the class still feeling some eyes following me. I take the seat beside the girl who literally saved me from what ever punishment the teacher had in mind.

"Andrea Hawkins." She extends her hand to me. I take it a little surprised by the fact she's even talking to me. Most people tend to ignore me, well beside Carter, who this girl strangely reminds me of.

"Stella Riverson"

"Well, Stella welcome to Sutton High!"

"Ladies!" Mr. Dawson yells.

"Mr. D, I know you love my voice"

Mr. Dawson rubs his temples and huffs in frustration, "Ms. Hawkins" the warning tone evident in his voice again.

"Sorry Mr. D, I get it, that 'promise'," she grins using air quotes on the word.

He turns to the chalk board and starts his lesson again.

"Stickler" She fake coughs out the word erupting the class in another sea of laughs.

Oh this will be fun.

***

So it turns out Andrea has the same English and Math class as me, so during Mr.Dawson's lesson she invited me to sit with her friends at lunch. And that's what brought us here with her pulling my arm energetically towards the cafeteria doors.

"I have so many people I want you to meet!" Andrea hulls me through the doors leading us to a table full of people.

Oh great. Like I said, school and I don't mix, as in me and people don't mix that well. Let's hope that can change.

"Attention!" Andrea yells while hitting the table everyone is sitting at. "Guys, I want you all to meet Stella." She gestures to me.

I hear a course of hellos and heys being thrown in my direction as we sit in a few unoccupied seats at the table. I turn to Andrea, "Why are you doing this for me?" I ask her quietly.

I don't want to be rude, but its just not that ordinary to have someone this willing to be your friend on your first day.

"Can't a girl be nice?" she shrugs.

"Yeah but no ones ever this nice to me" I confess.

"Well, the worlds a harsh place." she sighs, "Everyone needs a friend, so Stella darling here I am. I'm yours if you'll have me" she puts on a puppy dog face with her hands interlocking one another.

I laugh and knock her shoulder with mine, "Thanks, Andrea"

The next few minutes was spent with her pointing to people and telling me their names.

"That over there is Zach" she points to a dark haired boy at the far end of the table. "The red head next to him is Julia, his ma- girlfriend"

"Then there's Luke and May" she points to a loved up couple clinging to each other. "Ugh, love" she mutters.

"The boys; Nate and Dylan. Both are class A sluts, so beware" She warns me pointing to two boys.

"Hey! I heard that!" One of the boys yells throwing a fry at Andrea. She looks shocked when it hits her in the face before an evil smile forms on her lips. She gets up and makes her way to him. She wraps her arms around his neck from behind and whispers something in his ear. He smirks and is about to say something back when his head is quickly smashed against his plate of food.

Well that sure escalated quickly. I try and cover a laugh with a cough to hide my amusement.

"If your going to play with food Dylan, make sure you're ready for an attack." Andrea says while backing away from his face which is now covered in his lunch.

He on the other hand doesn't look so cheery as he turns to face her. "You're dead"

"Got to catch me first fucker!" And with that she takes off out of the cafeteria leaving everyone laughing, including myself. Dylan chases after her until he to is out of sight.

If I remember correctly a guy whose name is Nate slides into Andrea's seat beside me.

"Crazy people right?" He smirks nodding towards the doors Andrea and Dylan just ran out off.

"Andrea is like a live wire." I laugh.

"Yeah, the complete opposite of her brother which is quite funny actually." he says. "I'm Nate" he introduces, rendering me correct.

"Stella" I say with a smile.

My stomach growls suddenly reminding me I still haven't actually eaten lunch. My cheeks warm and I let out a nervous laugh. Did that really just happen in front of him?

"Come" he says. I get up and follow him. "I need to get my lunch too" he smiles winking at me.

I'm about to ask him what's on the menu for today when I freeze. The same nervous -almost dizzying-feeling washes over me as I see him walk into the room. Remembering what happened this morning makes this moment so much worse as I watch him make his way to the cafeteria line.

Which stops right behind me.

Beside Jared is a guy about the same height but with light blonde hair. A lot of people wave and greet them as they pass by.

Oh, so he's one of those guys. One of the well known and worshiped. I should have known. Of course he would be, he's not hard to look at at all which should've been a dead give a away.

"I'm actually not that hungry Nate. I'll see you around though" I tell him, needing to get out of here.

"Wait, Stella-"

I cut him off, "I really have to go" I say getting out of line and walking to the exit of the cafeteria. I make it to the doors and burst through them hearing Nate call after me . I know it may seem stupid to run away from your problems -literal- but its so much simpler than facing them head on.

A dreadful thought pops into my head and it has me running outside for fresh air.

At the end of school i'll have no choice but to face Jared.

He's my ride home.

***

When the bell rings signalling the end of the school day, people are throwing their books in their bags and leisurely strolling out of here. Me on the other hand, I don't want to move at all.

Every step I take out of this classroom is a step closer to that car. I reluctantly pick up my bag and head to my locker. The halls are emptying out quickly as I walk and by the time I reach my destination it's almost fully cleared. I put in the combo and grab stuff before heading outside.

The parking lot is full of students just itching to get out of this place. A few people lean against the hoods of their cars and others are standing around.

"Stella!" I hear my name being called. I turn around to see Andrea jogging in my direction.

"Hey" I say when she finally reaches me.

"Thank the lord I caught you before you left. So tomorrow the girls are coming back to mine. You in?" She asks placing her hands on her hips.

"Ahh-"

"Great! I can't wait. I'll see you tomorrow Stella-la-la-la-la-la-la-la" she sings my name to a Christmas tune and skips away.

Looks like I'm going to Andrea's tomorrow.

When I turn back around there he is, leaning up against the hood of his car. The sight of him has my heart beating faster every step I take. I look down as I get close enough to him that he can see me. Suddenly a gush of winds as my hair blowing messily in front of my face. I lose my step I nearly bash into the car when feel a tug at my wrist.

Just like the first night I ever talked to him, a tingling goes off underneath my skin, only this time I'm pretty sure it's not from my pain killers.

I'm about to say thank you when he does something completely unexpected.

Jared pulls me close to him and lifts his hand to smooth the lose hair around my face behind my ear. My heart flutters realizing what he just did. There is still at least a foot of space between us as he leans to say something.

"Stella you have to know I'd never tell anyone about- you know. I apologize for barging into the room this morning. We can pretend it never happened." he whispers to me. I look up into his light green eyes and my breath hitches because his face is closer than I thought it would be.

"I'd really appreciate that" I tell him quietly.

"Consider it done" he winks at me.

I hear a few people whispering in hushed voices and look to see many -many- eyes staring at us.

Jared releases my wrist and pulls out a set of keys twirling them around his finger. He nods for me to get in the car and I do.

As we drive off one thing lingers in my mind. One thought and question I don't have the answer to.

Can I trust Jared?

------------

Hey Reader,

Thanks again.

So out of curiosity, how did some of you find this story?

-Elena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.3K 28
Alpha of Mine - Preview ********** Sophie introduced Trevor to my mate and I watched Denver interact with them before excusing herself to the kitchen...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
61.2K 1.5K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...
3M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...