Freedom {LGBT+}

By Anonymous_Summers

Prince Cormac has unanswered questions. Seeking those answers he fell in love in the process. What does his f... More

1.Fifteen
2. Household
3. A Curious Prince
4. It's only Political
6. Ace in the Hole
7. Ace in the Hole {2}
8. Truths and Lies
9. A Prince Choice
10. Family
11. Good and Bad
12. Dance
13. Burn
14. Change
15. Heart of Mine
16. Close for Comfort
17. Forgetting is Hard.....Don't hurt in the process
18. Hopelessly in Love
19. Promises
20. Beginning
21. Burning with Passion
22. Battle Scars
23. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival
24. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival {2}
25. The Truth will hurt us Both
26. The things I do
27. Babies, Findings and Answers
28. Coronation
29. Coronation {2}
30. Coronation {3}
31. Tricking the Trickster
32. We Live to Die
33. Who you are
34. Deception and Lies
35. A Ruler
36. The Art of Escape
37. Reunite
38. The missing Pieces
39. The Missing Pieces {2}
40. Phoenix
Author's Note

5. Secrets

4.1K 226 23
By Anonymous_Summers

🌈

Phoenix was in a pinch. It was the end of week which meant his daily rounds outside of Area Fifteen amongst other duty. The gates were heavily guarded as it always was. Seridian guards stood proudly with their swords ready to cut down any Fifteen who dares tries to run away. There was nothing to be proud about.

Phoenix always thought a man who weaves a sword should be able to protect the people at the cost of their lives. Seridian guards were nothing but imposters, they pointed their swords at anyone who bore the branded mark, who claims the name fifteen. They shed the blood of their own with no remorse, following the King's order like a blind man. They didn't lay down their lives for the people of Seridina, they pointed their swords at their own; despicable.

Phoenix stood to the bushes nearest to the gates. His back pressed against the wall, making sure the guards weren't looking in his direction. It was usual for him to be in such a spot in Sector One. Phoenix swiftly ran across, ducking amongst the bushes. A guard looked his way, hands on his swords before he walked away. Phoenix let out a heavy breath, his heartbeat speeding up.

Phoenix found his way through the bushes. His escape marked by a chip in the wall, a X which he carved above it. He was scooping around Sector one when he found the broken section in the wall, as if it had taken a hard blow. Phoenix took weeks to dig through it. Smashing a hole in the wall without drawing too much attraction. It led to an area in the Garrett District. Guards were set at every point in the wall, Phoenix was surprised when he saw no one when he smashed through, bricks falling and the rise of debris. He was careful in what he was doing, aligning bricks to block the hole he created, leaving a hole which he could peek through. Phoenix soon got to learn about the guards that were set there. On Fridays, or rather most days, they found their entertainment in the Garrett District, women and beer to their likes.

Phoenix thought he was a lucky star. To have an escape out of Area Fifteen and guards who lacked the capability to follow through with their task. The guards of Seridina was nothing but a joke. Phoenix took his route as evey other Friday. Lowering his head as he made way through the Garrett District. The place was lacking in every aspects, no different from what's inside the Iron Fortress. They were alike in similar aspects: there were those that were homeless, houses that were unfit, lack of the necessities to carry them through life. Phoenix knew the people of the Garrett District had it better than the fifteens, even if it was just a single grain in the sand. They had the opportunity to earn their share of Rubis'; living close but not withing the walls. Worst of all, the people of Garrett District and the fifteens were abandoned by the King. Nothing more than a disgrace to his Kingdom.

It wasn't long before phoenix was walking in the District of Thornburg. It was well off than the Garrett District with its working class and abundance of supplies. Phoenix received looks of disgust. His tattered clothes and unkept hair made him stood out. A patch of dried grass amongst luscious green. He ignored it, used to the unpleasant stares he received. He looked up into the sky, thinking it was different from the view Area fifteen offered. His eyes met the castle far ahead, hate in his eyes as he thought of the King. To the left of the castle down below where Pixie Tower was, wondering if he would see him today.

Phoenix sucked in a deep breath, pulling out the sack he carried as he headed to the market. He distracted himself as he slipped in food items as he wondered through the crowd of people. Ignoring the curses he got when he bumped into someone. He knew well that stealing was wrong, reaching out for his pendant to feel an empty space.

He never ventured outside with it, fear of it being lost. He lowered his hand, they left him no choice. The king left him, amongst others with no choice. Phoenix thought of the others, knowing this selfless act was for them.

"Thief!" The vendor bellowed, seeing Phoenix slip plentiful potatoes in his sack.

Phoenix didn't panic, he took a few more then ran. Pushing through the crowd as the guards, along with the vendor chased him. Attention was drawn to the thieving boy, people of the District of Thornburg whispering words of disgust. Phoenix had a firm grip on the sack thrown over his shoulders. He was grateful for the crowd of people, the guards wouldn't fire arrows at him. Phoenix turned a corner, almost falling. Balancing himself, pulling the sack in a better position. Phoenix collided with something hard, sending him to the ground. The footsteps of the guards sounded behind him.

"That's him," the vendor said, "that's the thief my worker saw."

Phoenix glared behind him, the vendor with a smug look on his face. Phoenix felt large hands on his shoulders, "My apologies Sir," the voice said, Phoenix turned around quickly, a handsome face smiling at him. "My filler seems to have caused some ruckus." he pulled Phoenix to his feet.

"Is he your filler?" the guard asked, looking at Phoenix's ankle for the single shackle with his imprinted number.

"Yes," he replied. "His tag got a bit Rusty and broke. I should teach him a lesson for running away and stealing." phoenix huffed but stayed quiet.

"If I catch him again, he'll be thrown back inside that damned wall." the guard informed him. The vendor fumed with anger as he tried convincing the guard.

Phoenix angrily took up his sack before leaving, "I believe you owe me a thank you, Phoenix."

"I didn't ask you to save me Axton." Phoenix snapped, turning to face the man trailing behind him. His pale skin and dark hair drew the gaze of many. A smile that held secrets. "There's no need to play hero dear Axton, We only need to follow out on our end of the deal. Don't save me, I hate extra and unnecessary work if it doesn't assist me in my goals."

Axton licked his lips, closing the distance between him and Phoenix, his breath hot enough to burn, "A deal is a deal."

🌈

With every touch of gentle and soft lips, a dance they both knew the movements of; well rehearsed. Phoenix lost himself the moment he entered the Garrett District, his heart thumping with each step he made. Everything was wrong, from the life he led to Axton. It was funny to him how in a single moment all felt right. From his touches to his kisses, the smallest of things he did to make Phoenix moan in pleasure. The thought of getting caught was left out the door of their usual house, only thinking of the pleasure that was to welcome them. Axton didn't think twice before he took Phoenix in his arms, with each thrust he was eager for more. He was a Fifteen, Axton was a Seridian, they aren't supposed to mix. Yet, they fitted perfectly. Two different pieces, but together they were a beautiful lie.

"I thought you stopped stealing." Axton said as he sat naked at the end of the bed.

"I have no other choice." Phoenix replied softly, pulling the covers close.

"You do," Axton turned to face him. "Just ask and you'll receive."

"I told you not to leave any marks." Phoenix shifted the conversation, his thumb brushing over a kiss bite on his chest.

Axton sighed, knowing Phoenix wasn't going to take his offer. Phoenix would never depended on anyone but himself, and his family depended on him. He didn't want Axton thinking of him as a charity case just because he was a fifteen. He trusted no Seridians, the people inside Area fifteen was enough proof of what a Seridian could do to them, family or not. What they had was nothing more than a deal. At the end of it all, Phoenix will always be a fifteen and Axton will return to Pixie Tower.

"I don't mind the ones you leave." Axton teased, giving Phoenix a view of his back, the marks he left. Phoenix looked away, the heat rising in his cheeks. "They remind me of how much you enjoyed it." he crawled his way up to Phoenix, teasing him further with a kiss.

"Aren't you afraid of being caught?" Phoenix asked, biting on his bottom lip as Axton lodge himself between Phoenix's legs.

"I don't see why I should abide by the rules of Seridina." He said, peppering kissing along Phoenix's neck.

"What do you mean?" Phoenix pushed him away, meeting his blue eyes as he kitted his brow in confusion.

Axton sighed, pulling away, his rush of lust gone with the wind. He tousled his black hair, resuming his spot at the end of the bed. "Why don't you become a filler?"

Phoenix rose from the bed, frowning as Axton asked such a question, "I won't become someone's pet. A tool they use to fulfil their needs." he spat, turning his gaze out the window.

"This isn't any different," Axton informed him, gesturing between them. "The deal is we continue this and I keep quiet about how you keep escaping. You know what will happen if you get caught. This is no different than me buying a filler."

"It is," Phoenix said softly, "It is different. I'm not bound by a number around my ankle. I take your Rubis' so what? I have my own reasons. I need money and this the only way. Axton, you come here every week when you can let me be punished. Why?"

Fillers were just a way for the rich to enjoy themselves. With money and power one's freedom, no matter how small it is, even if it's just inside the walls, was enough and that small sense of freedom was being taken away. The guards who would gain a few extra, turned a blind eye and allowed for these things to continue. Nothing would reach the King's ears if there's nothing to talk about. This was the underground route of the filthy Seridina. As long as they had power and money, a filler will always be bound by a shackle. That wasn't who Phoenix was.

"Just like you, I have my own reasons." Axton took his trousers from the ground. "I know you're taking the money so that someone could be onewed. That's why you steal instead of using the money. I come here of my own accord, the deal is not why I'm always here. There's something about you Phoenix, I always look forward to our time together."

"Those roses," Phoenix shifted the conversation again. Noticing the white roses sitting on the windowsill. Axton was a man of secrets, so was Phoenix. "I've never seen them before, Why are they here?"

"This place could use a little decorating. Plus, they remind me of home."

"Home." The only home he knew was Area fifteen.

Phoenix was heading home by dusk. His sack thrown over his shoulders, the Rubis' he got sitting in the pocket of his trousers. Just when he thought his day couldn't get any worst. He peeked behind the wooden structure, three guards sitting idly while drinking beer, laughing as they made witty jokes about fifteens.

Phoenix cursed under his breath, looking back at the main entrance as five more stood there. One of them conversed with another, pointing to the area where the other three was. Phoenix hid himself as three of the five came in his direction, the other two leaving. Phoenix ran when he got the chance towards the main entrance. His heart jumped to his throat when he met face to face with one of the guards he thought left.

The guard was just as shocked as Phoenix. The guard pulled for his sword, aiming at Phoenix as he didn't hesitate to run towards the gate. The guard alerted the others. Phoenix was moving as quickly as his legs could carry him, when rains of arrows came his way. He managed to dodge a few escaping with his life. A sharp pain in his legs caused him to fall to the ground. Phoenix had no time to cry about an arrow being stuck in his leg. He sucked in a breath, taking up the sack filled with food as he hopped forward.

He slid down behind a wall, laughing as he huffed for breath. Phoenix reached his empty chest, holding it as if the pendant was there. "I'm not dying so easily, not yet"

🌈

Rubis' = currency.

A filler is like a sex slave but I didn't want to use those words. They are mostly used by those who are rich and of higher status.

Onewed is a way of getting out of Area fifteen and live in the Garrett District. It will be explained further in the book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 2.2K 11
The Emperor would do terrible things to keep the General from taking the throne. In fact, he would keep it for an eternity if he could. Even from his...
344K 16.7K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
1.5M 69.6K 65
Why the Straight One? Or, my struggle with being gay and married to a totally straight prince. Yeah, you guessed it. This is about an arranged marr...
314K 12K 40
❝I don't think Love is in my knowledge❞ ∙ Book 2 To The Daddy Series ∙ Spin-off To Daddy Issues Noah is juggling life with being...