Strange Ones: Volume 3

By Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... More

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Visitors from Atlas

28 0 0
By Diamondheart37

After the American League walked out of the battlefield of Strange Coliseum, they went to their locker room to either patch themselves up from the first round of the Strange Games or to refill their weapons with dust. When they walked out of their locker room, they were greeted by a crowd of humans and Strange Ones, each one congratulating them on winning the first round. They all had to escape the crowd that followed them around the coliseum before they were saved by Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa, Nona and Michael. Following them were Carly, Boris, Mae, Papyrus, Frisk, Asriel, Kubo, Saoirse and Betty. 

Right now, they were outside the coliseum. On the second round of the Strange Games, the American League won't be fighting again yet. It was currently the British League fighting against the Russian League, and Team USA is unsure on which group of four they will be fighting next.

"Honestly," Weiss began. "I am glad that you all pulled us out of that crowd. But did you all really have to get us out of the building?"

"Cut them some slack, princess." Bendy stuffed his hands into his front pants pockets. "Just be glad that we don't have to be seen by that crowd anytime soon."

The snow-haired girl rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"And what are you scoffing about?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I just can't believe that I was the last one standing along with a short demon thing."

"Excuse me?!"

"Can you two stop bickering for once?" Jonas sighed, putting a hand on his face. "I mean, you two just met months ago. Why aren't you friends yet?"

"It takes a while for Bendy to warm up to new people." Boris said, looking at the ground. "Especially when they're rich."

"But you two warmed up to Ruby and Yang." Nona pointed.

"Yes. He actually liked those two. He said they were the coolest pair of half-sisters he has ever met in his entire gosh darn life. I would know because-"

"Don't tell me," Clarissa disrupted the wolf's sentence. "You've been there."

"Yes." Boris nodded.

Meanwhile, Alex heard her wristband beep and she looked at it. On the new wristband, the blue light was blinking rapidly. When she tapped it, a hologram of Steven appeared and the others look at Alex.

"Steven?" Alex said. "What is it?"

"Did someone hack into Zane's mainframe again?" Ren put a hand on his face.

Zane was one of the androids who worked at Delta ever since his creation. He was programmed to protect others who are unable to protect themselves. Also, he is one of the medics and, besides that, is a skilled fighter who was built with ice dust.

"That's a scary thought." Asriel grabbed both his arms with his hands.

"Nope." Steven shook his head. "Alphys told me to contact you guys."

"Why?" Michael asked.

"She told me to tell you guys to come to the Delta Base. Atlas soldiers from the UK came by to Camena for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I guess the general has all the answers."

"All of us?" Jonas raised an eyebrow.

"Just you guys. You can bring the kids and a few friends if you want. See you guys at the base."

After the hologram faded away, the group became silent.

"Okay..." Sans clicked his non-existent tongue. "Back to the coliseum for us."

"Here we go again." Petra sighed before she and the rest of Team USA walked back into the coliseum.

"I should follow." Boris said. "I really don't like leaving Bendy on his own.

"Yeah, go do your thing." Alex nodded and Boris was already into the building.

"What about you, Paps?" Mae looked up at the tall skeleton. "Want to continue cheering for your brother?"

"Just call me back when he is and the rest of his team is fighting another set of rivals." Papyrus grinned. "I'll go to the base to meet the Atlas soldiers for the first time, you go back cheering for your knight in shining armor."

"Oooooh!" Frisk put a hand over her mouth.

Chuckling, Mae blushed. "I wouldn't consider Sans a "knight in shining armor". But, if you insist."

After Mae went back into the coliseum, the group began their journey to the Delta Base. None of them knew what to expect when they arrived over there to meet the soldiers of the Atlas army. Papyrus, however, had one expectation: to meet Weiss' sister Winter, who is a specialist of the Atlas army, for the first time. For Carly, she knew nothing of Atlas. But from Ren, she learned that Atlas was one of Delta's colleagues and Asgore and Toriel were friends with the general.

Soon, they have arrived the Delta Base. What they have found was an airship in the middle of the base with a symbol of a spear attached to what seemed to be a shield. The group watched as millions of soldiers in white marched out of the airship. Via her wristband, Alex began to record it. A nervous Saoirse hid behind Asriel and Frisk and Betty only stared at the soldiers that exited the ship.

"Hey! You're here!" A familiar voice called.

The group turned around to find Steven and his friend Connie approaching them. With them were Alphys and Ivor.

"You guys made it!" Connie exclaimed.

"It is such a pleasure to meet you again, er..." Looking at Betty, Ivor scratched the back of his head.

But then, Betty shushed him and pointed her head at Carly. After he noticed her, he nodded.

"Right. Miss Amber Lightvale."

Good, She thought. He's getting the hang of it. Hopefully.

"So," Alex crossed her arms. "You called us?"

"Yeah!" Alphys nodded.

"Where's the general?" Jonas wanted to know.

"Oh! Right! Follow us!"

Soon, the group followed Steven, Connie, Alphys and Ivor to the main building of the Delta Base. As soon as they arrived, they went to the top floor of the main building. Over there, they were greeted by the general of the Atlas army, James Ironwood. With him was Weiss' older sister, Winter Schnee. Kubo swore that he was seeing Papyrus jump in excitement. The room was filled with silence. But then, it was filled with Ironwood's footsteps. After he was done approaching the group, he looked at Alphys and Ivor and began to speak.

"I have expected to see Mr. and Mrs. Dreemurr."

"About that," Ivor began. "Asgore and Toriel are unavailable at the moment. Strange Games and all."

"I see." Ironwood looked at the humans. "So, these are the heroes who brought everyone together?"

"Indeed, they are." Alphys nodded. "Five humans: Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa and Nona."

"And what about these two?" He looked at Michael and Carly.

"I'm Michael." Michael said. "I joined Delta four months ago. Also, I'm Alex's brother."

"Carly." Carly said with a wave. "I'm just a friend who's just checking Delta out."

Ironwood nodded before looking down at the children. "And you must be Asgore and Toriel's children."

"Yeah, but not these two." Frisk pointed her thumb at Saoirse and Betty. "They're just friends. I'm Frisk."

"Asriel." Asriel waved.

"Kubo." Kubo nodded.

"Is there any good reason why the Atlas army is here in Camena right now, even during the Strange Games?" Nona asked.

"There is." Winter said, nodding and approaching the general.

"I guess I should leave this room." Carly began to slowly walk backwards. "This doesn't involve me."

"We can come with you if you like." Steven said.

"Sure."

Soon, Carly walked out of the room followed by Steven and Connie. The room fell into silence before Alex looked at Winter and Ironwood.

"Go on." Alex said, putting her hands behind her back.

Looking down at the children, Winter said, "You kids might want to sit down for this."

The kids nodded before they walked to any nearby seat they could find. Finally, the five sat down and Ironwood cleared his throat.

"Now, where to begin? Ah, yes. Atlas has come here to protect this town you humans call your home."

"Wait," Ren shook his open hands. "Did I hear you correctly, Mr. Ironwood?"

"Protect Camena?" Clarissa raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on her right hip.

"What is all of this for?" Nona wanted to know.

"Recently," Winter started. "One of Atlas' greatest hackers detected a threat that was coming straight to the US. This threat he detected was specifically coming straight to this town where the Delta Base was. That is why we came here: to protect this town and the Delta Base."

"So, this threat," Jonas said. "What is it they want from us?"

"That is something we haven't discovered just yet." Ironwood said.

"Do you at least have an idea what this threat is?" Michael asked.

"We do have one guess." The general nodded.

"And what would that be?" Alex asked.

"The Dark Ones."

That was when the whole room fell into silence once again. They all knew that the Dark Ones were known for not only trying to take over the world, but for their use of the prohibited substance known as Liquid Hate. They are also known for creating Betty as a weapon for destruction. That is the only reason why the pink Construct scoffed at her creators. She hated them more than any member of Delta would.

"The Dark Ones?" Frisk said, getting everyone's attention.

"It is only a guess, child." Ironwood said. "If they were to come around during the Strange Games, then we will be ready. If not, they we will leave after two days."

"Is that how long you plan to stay here?" Clarissa asked.

"Indeed." He nodded, then chuckled. "Now, it appears this discussion has come to a close. Now if you excuse us, we'll be in Delta Number 9. Also," He turned to the children. "Tell Mr. and Mrs. Dreemurr I said hello."

Everyone watched as Ironwood and Winter made their way to the exit of the room. Meanwhile, Winter looked back at them to find Papyrus waving at her with a big smile on his face. She didn't wave back. All she did was continue her way out of the room with the general, signalling the tall skeleton to stop waving and smiling. Frisk, Asriel, Kubo, Saoirse and Betty stood back up and looked at the group.

"Okay," Alex clicked her tongue. "That was ironic."

"They will be reinforcing Camena for two days?" Clarissa shook her head. "How come none of us saw this coming?"

"Who knows?"

Alphys looked at Papyrus, who had a sad look on his face. "Are you okay, Papyrus?"

"Winter didn't wave back." The skeleton said, on the verge of sobbing.

"Were they..." Betty paused. "Were they even aware of me?"

"You or Amber?" Kubo looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Me. Are they aware of the real me?"

"I'm not entirely sure." Asriel said with a shrug.

Meanwhile, Jonas heard a beep from inside his pockets. Sticking his hand into his pants pockets, he pulled out his cell phone and took a good look at it.

"What is it?" Nona asked.

"I just got a text from Blake." Jonas said.

"What did she say?" Frisk grinned, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

Rolling his eyes, he began to read the text. "Come back to Strange Coliseum right now. Team UK won against Team Russia and the next round will come up soon."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Ren smiled all of the sudden. "Let's head back!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383 19 13
Times on the Surface were going okay- Toriel and Sans founded the school, Frisk is doing alright, apart from having people problems, Alphys and Undyn...
89.8K 4.4K 62
The Schools for Good and Evil had finally united, and with unification, came new staff. Y/N is the first new teacher the school had seen in over fiv...
1.4K 73 19
"Talent. What is talent in the end? Can talent be used to change lives, or is it just used from people as an excuse to make humans mindless zombies...
123 1 6
TW: Su!c!de, ableism, selfh*rm, s/a, homophobia, swearings I won't do TW when the subject are being brought so it doesn't spoil the story so if you'r...