30 Days Ultimatum(COMPLETED)[...

By strawberrytrifles

This book is a RomCom book(Romance comedy). Read if you love laughing.๐Ÿ˜Š CURRENTLY EDITING AND WORKING ON RE... More

Author's note/ Official book trailer/Cast.
Prologue
Chapter one- OMG..... My flight is by 5:00pm
Chapter two.... You are Fashion Deficient.
Chapter three- Don't choose love......Let your heart choose.
Chapter four- OMG... Are you bald?
Chapter five ...The feeling is mutual dude
Chapter six- You're such a sore loser
Chapter seven- Your name makes me think of Candyโ™ฅ
Chapter eight....... You smell like strawberries.๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“
Chapter nine- I think your Secretary hates me.
Jason's P.O.V
Chapter ten- Can I have this dance?
Chapter eleven- You forgot to take your Pile drugs.
Chapter twelve- Doctor sexy pants.
The fiction awards 2018๐Ÿ‘
Chapter fourteen- Are you Australian? 'Cause you meet all of my Koalafications.
Ashley+ Jason= Team Evil Twins๐Ÿ˜ˆ.....Part one.
Ashley+Jason= Team Evil Twins๐Ÿ˜ˆ.......Part two
Teaser๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Chapter fifteen- Hello stranger๐Ÿ‘‹
Chapter Sixteen- You read on wattpad?
Chapter Seventeen- Omg!!... Our Ship is Sailing.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
Chapter Eighteen- In you there's some sappy me.๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
SUPER IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter nineteen- BETRAYAL!! ... It's the worst feeling.
Chapter Twenty- Dump Him Like a BOSS!
Chapter Twenty-one - From here to the moon and back.
Chapter twenty-two- I think I just met an angel!
Chapter twenty-three- I was just too blind to notice.
Chapter twenty-four- Tell me everything.
Chapter twenty-five- You're like my personal star.
Chapter twenty-six- Like the sun aligned with the moon.
Chapter twenty-seven- I don't regret it.
Chapter twenty-eight- Let's give it a try.
Chapter twenty-nine- It hurts... Please take it away.
Chapter thirty- I think we should go on a vacation.
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE- He didn't choose me and it hurts.
CHAPTER THIRTY- TWO- Love is all about forgiving.
You'll are simply the best!
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE- Grand finale/Epilogue.
New Cover!!
New Book!!
Re- New Cover!

Chapter thirteen- I have waited my whole life for a friend like you.

9.8K 543 56
By strawberrytrifles

Friends are like the sailors who guide your rickety boat safely across the dangerous waters of life.
- Sare and Cate.

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
- Henry David Thoreau.

For the past three days, Jason has been taking care of me.
He didn't even go to the office because of me, which is why am grateful that my red river days are over.
I can finally eat whatever I want to eat and Jason can go to work too.
I hate that he hasn't been going to work because of me, even though he never admits I am the reason.
He just doesn't want me to feel guilty.

Jason has even been sleeping in my room because of my occasional night fever.
He has being a good friend but I can't tell him, his ego will become as high as Mount Everest.

Which is why I woke up this morning with my head on his chest, our legs intertwined, and his right hand holding my waist securely.
I don't know why, but it felt right. I need to really sort out my feelings before I came here I was so sure about love but now I don't even know anymore.

My thoughts were cut short by Jason.

"Good morning Mia." He greeted in a sexy husky voice.

He's not just hot, his morning voice just had to be hot.
Damn!

Suddenly a thought crept into my head.

"Good morning Jason," I said removing his hand from my waist, as he stared at me confused.

Don't worry you will soon understand. I thought chuckling under my breath.
I trust Jason to say something stupid soon.

"Someone last night was a patient, and guess who had to play the sexy doctor?" He said smirking.
I knew he was going to say something stupid.

Time to execute my revenge Mr cocky.

"It sure as hell wasn't you," I said smiling sweetly, as I used my legs to kick him out of the bed.

He landed on the floor with a thud.
Ouch! That's going to hurt.

" Ouch!" He said rubbing his bum.
"After all, I've done for you, this is how I get paid?... You're a meanie, Mia." He said getting up and smiling widely showing that he wasn't even mad at me.

" You were being an ass, I had to remind you where that gets you."
I said giving him my signature sweet smile.
"I think I know how you really are."
"Meaning?"I asked raising my brows.
"You're that type of person that has the look of an angel, but crafty as a devil." He said scrunching his face, as he looked at me like he was analyzing me.

"Took you long to understand that, you just bring out the worst in me," I said with a smirk.
"Don't forget I also bring out the best in you." He said smirking back.
"Whatever floats your boat Jay-Jay," I said wriggling my brows.

"Oh my God Mia do not call me that, what are you? Five?" He said looking at me like he was annoyed.
"Jay-Jay don't get mad at me," I said trying to rile him up the more.
"I have learned never to fall for your traps M&M, trust me I am smarter now." He said as he stretched his arms.
Ok, this is the first time I am really seeing him well this morning and he is shirtless.
His body is well defined that it looked photoshopped.
His biceps were just huge and his six packs were well defined.

Dayne will totally kill to have a body like that.

I looked away as I blushed a little.

"Is someone blushing? She can't handle this hot specimen of a human being." Jason asked impersonating a high pitched girly voice.

"Remember where such comments get you," I said looking at him and faking a scowl.

"Oh yes, I do ma'am forgive my cockiness." He said giving me a mock salute and smiling widely.

I just think our friendship would just be bland and highly incomplete, without our usual pranks and banters.
It's what makes our friendship complete.

"So Miss violent, since you have been cooped in the house due to circumstances I dare not mention for the safety of my life." He said grinning at me widely as he winked at me.

"You're learning the drill sergeant," I replied winking back at him.

"You bet. So where do you want to go today?" He said spreading his hands out in demonstration.

"Let's go to the movies," I said squealing.
Sometimes my girliness gets the better part of me.

"So get ready and fix that bed nest hair. It makes you look homeless." He said craftily as he quickly hurried to the door.

It took me some time to understand his comment, but before I could react he already ran out of the room.

That slippery eel of a friend, I will so get him.

I had my bath and brushed my teeth.
I didn't feel like dressing up, so I just snagged on a simple look.
I looked for a real simple outfit Ashley packed.

A white crop top with an almost white fitted trouser, a black converse, and a black small handbag.
I didn't feel like going all pro about my hair, so I just put it in a messy bun.

I sprayed a Victoria Secret perfume and went downstairs.
I met Jason already eating.

He was on a black hoodie, a black pair of jeans, and a black converse.

"Wow, Mia you look...." He was talking before I cut him short.

"Hot...I know." I said replying with sass as I whipped my hair.

"I wanted to say less of a stray cat, but whatever floats your boat hon." He said grinning mischievously.
"Ma'am Pagnole make him stop." I pouted as I tried getting Jason's Nanny on my side.

"That's no way you talk to a lady." She said sternly as she clipped his ear.

"Ouch Ouch." Jason cried out in pain.
"Now apologize to Mia." She said in a no-nonsense voice.
"I'm sorry Mia." He said smirking at me to show he wasn't, although Ma'am Pagnole couldn't see his expression.

"And?" Ma'am Pagnole asked raising her brows.
"And it won't happen again." He said giving me a look that said it-sure-as-hell-will-happen-again.
"So Mia do you forgive my boy?"

"Yup I do, even though he likes being mean to me," I said playing the victim's card.

"Is that true Jason?"

"But she's so much worse Nanny, you just don't know how evil she can be. She looks innocent but she's all darkness." Jason said looking frustrated that his nanny is buying my act.

"Don't be mean to her Jason." She said smiling a little.

"Yes don't be mean to me Jay-Jay."
I said adding the name to annoy him further.

"And that annoying nickname. I swear Nan, that Mia's red river messed with her head.
She was annoying before but now she's worse.
Just eat quickly and let's go before I lose my mind." He said as frustration was written all over his face.

I laughed quietly and ate my pancakes and maple syrup.
It was so easy to frustrate Jason.

When we got outside Jason said he was driving.

"You're sure you know how to drive? I mean with all your billionaire status, drivers always drive you and all." I said chuckling nervously.

"Don't be silly Mia, of course I know how to drive. So let's get a car in the garage." He said as he dragged me towards the garage.

I'm not exaggerating when I said there were up to thirty really expensive cars.

"Wow." It was the only word I could utter.

"Yeah, and let's pick a car that would look less Jason Steele. Those reporters won't find out it's me, and cause a scandal." He said as he approached the Silver Audi car.

"You're coming?" He asked me when he noticed, I was still rooted in the same spot with awe all over my face.
"Yeah, I'm coming," I said as I hurried to his side hastily.
Thank goodness I wasn't on heels, I would have fallen flat on my face giving Jason something to rile me.

"Come on Mia, you have seen my company what do you expect?" He asked cockily, and that wiped all the surprise on my face.

The cocky Jason is back and Sarcastic Mia has to be back.

"Shut up Jason, and try on the clothes of being humble on you. It would definitely do you a world of good." I said giving him a smug look.

"Whatever it's the truth, I worked hard to get where I am today. It's been God and hard work, so I'm grateful." He said smiling.

His reply shut me up, as we settled in comfortable silence.

When we got to the Cinema, we discovered that the movie we wanted to watch wouldn't be on till the next one hour.
So we decided to go to Starbucks and order coffee.

I ordered Peppermint Mocha while Jason ordered Mocha Frappuccino.

"So let's do this to pass time, I will ask you a question I have wanted to ask and you ask me back," I said as I sipped my coffee.

"It's no problem," Jason replied back.

"I'll go first, I have heard a lot about your grandpa but I haven't heard from your parents."

I noticed the way Jason's body tensed showing that question hit a sore place.

"My mom died of cancer ."
He answered quietly.

"That's so horrible," I said with a sad expression on my face.

"I've gotten over it." He said but the expression on his face said the opposite.

"What if your dad?"

"He's alive." He said with an angry expression on his face.
That should have been a reason to drop it, but I was too curious for my own good.
That's why they said curiosity killed the cat.

"So where is he?"

"A mental institute." He replied with a stone face expression.

"Have you gone visiting?" I asked like a shrink.

"Mia why all these questions?" Jason asked looking genuinely annoyed.

"I just want to know," I replied not fazed about his expression.
"No, I haven't." He replied looking really angry.

It was like the Jason I knew was no longer there.

"Maybe you're just being a coward," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say?" Jason asked looking at me really pissed off.
If looks could kill I will be six feet underground.

"You don't even know me and yet you judge me, do you have any idea what he did?" He said looking utterly pissed off.

" I don't know." I can already feel this was leading to an argument, so I didn't want to add more fuel to the fire.

Nevertheless, Jason still blew up.

"You don't know, and you give a judgment?
That shows how fucking dumb you are.
You know what, f*ck you; I thought you were different." He said angrily, as he stood up to pay for our coffee.
After he dropped the bill on the table, he stalked out of the shop.

Tears pricked my eyes as I remembered all the words Jason said.

I didn't know Jason was really going to be mad at me.
If I knew I shouldn't have insisted.

                * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jason avoided me for three days, he went to the office before I woke up and came back when I was already asleep.

On the fourth day, I went downstairs and met Ma'am Pagnole packing food in a food pack.

"Good morning." I greeted Ma'am Pagnole in a fake cheery voice.

"You have bags under your eyes, what's wrong?" She asked looking concerned.

I didn't want to tell her that Jason is the cause of my lack of sleep.
I felt more horrible as the day progressed.

"I'm fine just peachy that's all," I said as I forced back the tears in my eyes.

"Is it you and Jason?, I'm not blind Mia. I noticed that ever since you came back that day, he's been avoiding you." She said looking sad.

Just that statement made me bawl my eyes out.
I have tried to keep it inside and stay strong, but I can't do it anymore.

Ma'am Pagnole held me for the fifteen minutes as I bawled my eyes out.

"I'm so sorry for breaking down like that," I said after I composed myself a little.

"It's ok, everyone deserves to vent out a little once in a while." She said as she patted my shoulder.

Then she continued talking,
"This shows you care for Jason and you are willing to fight for your friendship." She said smiling widely.

If someone told me ten days ago, that I would cry about Jason.
I would have called the person a liar.

"So Mia get dressed, you're going to give this food to Jason and settle your differences."

"What if he doesn't want to see me?" I asked in a tiny voice.

"Then you show him why you don't give up." She said smiling widely.

I just went upstairs and got dressed.

It's now or never, I can't be a coward any longer.

"You look beautiful Mia." She said immediately I got downstairs.

"Thanks a lot," I said grabbing the food as I advanced towards the door.

"Girl power." She said raising her fist.

I just chuckled and went out of the house.
That was my first real laugh since the last three days.

When I got to the office, Felicia wasn't the one at the desk.
I'm really grateful for that, but heaven knows I can't deal with her bitchy nature right now.
It was Alexis the nice secretary I met the other time.

"Hey, Mia how are you? It's been long I saw you......So you're here to see Jason right? She said smiling widely.
"Yeah," I said trying to return her smile.

"Well you know his office, just be careful.
For three days now he has been acting like he's PMSing." She said trying to whisper.

"No problem," I said smiling a little.

I went to the elevator and typed Jason's floor number.

Thank goodness it was on the last floor, and he was the only one on that floor.
So nobody will witness his outburst.

I knocked on the door when I got there, but Jason's voice was discouraging.

"I told you not to disturb me, do you want to lose your job?" He yelled thinking it was the Secretary.

I just opened the door and entered the office.

"It's me, Jason," I said timidly.
He just raised his head from his laptop and scowled when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?, Never mind don't answer that.
Just do me a favor and get out of my office." He said pointing towards the door.

"What?" I asked feeling confused.

"Did I stutter? I said get out."

" But Jason...."
I didn't even finish my statement before he stood up angrily, yanked my arm and pushed me out of his office.
He banged the door and then proceeded to lock it, Incase I tried to get in again.

Well, I'm going to wait outside till he listened to me, I'm definitely not leaving here till he forgives me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I was in my office by ten pm, when I heard a knock on the door.

I already opened the door two hours after Mia left.

"Come in," I responded grumpily.

I was surprised when I saw the Secretary in my office.

"Aren't you supposed to be home?" I asked a little surprised.

"I had some papers to type and I finished late."

"Ok, but you don't need to inform me if your leaving," I said in a dismissing tone.

"That's not it Sir."

"Then what is it?" I said raising my voice a little, showing my patience is wearing thin.

"I was going home, but I saw Mia sitting outside the company on the stairs."

"What?, I thought she went home ."

I swear Mia was crazy, why would she wait in the cold.
Plus she was just wearing shorts and a top, she will be very cold. Even though I don't want to admit it, I miss talking to Mia and her company.

Even when she came to the office today, guilt churned my heart when I turned her away from my office.

"I told her to go home sir, but she refused. She said something about waiting for you."

"Thanks, Alexis, I will be down shortly."

"Good night Sir." She said and went out of the office.

When I went downstairs, I met Mia with her head bent and shivering. So I started with the least most complicated thing.

"Hey."

"Hi." She said looking up at me.

I made an attempt to cover her with my coat, but she motioned me to wait.

"I'm sorry Jason for calling you a coward.
I didn't even know anything and I judged you, for that I'm sorry.
I'm such a fool but you already know that." I said chuckling nervously.

"Mia it's ok."
"No it isn't Jason, you have been a really good friend to me.
When I was sick you went to the store for me, even if you knew reporters could see you and cause a scandal.
You've been a good friend to me, so I will give you my advice.
I lost my parents when I was eight, before the night they had that accident.

"It's ok Mia, you don't have to say it."

"No, I want to."

He just nodded so I continued.

"I argued with my dad about a particular toy, I was angry he didn't get it for me. I said hateful words that day, words I didn't mean. Dad and mum died that day.
That's not all, Dad already got that toy for my birthday. If I had just been patient, my last words to my dad wouldn't have been hateful.
So what I'm trying to tell you is don't assume until you get the person's point of view. I said ignoring the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes.

Jason just looked at me like I was a prized candy.

"You waited for ten hours to tell me that?"

"When you say it like that it makes me look foolish, but yeah I waited for that," I said chuckling nervously.

"I'm so sorry for being an ass, can you forgive me?" He said holding my hands.

"I forgive you, besides I miss our usual banters."
" Me too, but you really waited for me?" He said looking surprised.

"Yeah I did," I said smiling.

Before I could say anything Jason engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I have waited for a friend like you my whole life." He said in a croaked voice like he wanted to cry.

"Well here I am now, the answer to your prayers," I said joking a little as I hugged him back.

I'm just glad I waited and we're friends again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
233K 13.7K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
8.6K 495 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
126K 4.8K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...