The One That Survived [Naruto...

By XxMeWxX4444

This story starts out with a massacre. I'm not going to lie and say there was no blood split. No, there was b... More

The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 1
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 2
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 3
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 4
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 5
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 6
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 7
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 8
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 9
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 10
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 11
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 12
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 13
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 14
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 15
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 16
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 17
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 18
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 19
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 20
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 21
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 22
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 23
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 25
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 26
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 27
The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 28

The One That Survived [Naruto Fanfic] Chapter 24

4.6K 196 23
By XxMeWxX4444

~Chapter 24~

 “There. Happy?” I continued walking down the hall as she growled in anger. I rolled my eyes, turning a corner before stopping abruptly, my nose half an inch from hitting someone’s chest.

I looked up, my eyes widening in surprise. “Sharky?”

The blue skinned man in front of me blinked in surprise, having also stopped. He stared down at me, his eyes lighting up in recognition.

“Hokori? What’re you doing here?” I shrugged, noting the fact he didn’t have his Akatsuki cloak on.

“Mission. You?” He smirked.

“The same. You trying to get information on us?” He smirked then nodded towards the door we were currently standing a foot away from. I guess he had just exited from it.

“Itachi’s in there if you want to see them. He’s been all weird since he read your note. Whatever you said, it’s really affected him.” My brows furrowed and I looked down.

“Yeah….I guess it would.” I looked up at Sharky and smiled.

“Keep away from the fourth floor. The bastards I’ve been assigned this mission with have their rooms down there.” Kisame nodded, walking down the hall before glancing over his shoulder at me.

“I thought we were supposed to be enemies next time we met.” He rose an eyebrow and I simply shrugged.

“I’m tired. Just slaughtered a few hundred people and took a shower. Rather not get in a fight at the moment.” His eyes widened in surprise for a moment before sending me a shark-like grin.

“You’d make a badass criminal.” I rolled my eyes and let myself into the room, closing the door quietly. I immediately caught sight of Itachi standing at the window, his forehead resting against the glass and his back to me.

His eyes snapped open when the door clicked shut, red eyes glowing in the moonlit room. His brows furrowed, however, when he saw that it was me.

“Hokori?”

“Yo Weasel-chan. Want some dango?” I held up the bag I had been eating, smirking slightly.

He stared at me for a few minutes, the silence between us more annoying than someone screaming in your ear. I sighed, walking over to the bed I knew was Itachi’s since his scent was emanating from it.

I fell back, landing on my back with my limbs splayed out. I laid my head on the pillow, looking at him curiously as he continued staring at me from the window reflection.

“Itachi-chan~! Answer me before I eat them all~!” I ordered, pulling out one and eating it for emphasis. He sighed, closing his eyes and turned towards me.

When he opened them they were black again and he strode over to the bed, sitting with his back against the headboard as I scooted to one side.

“What’re you doing here, Hokori?” He asked, taking the dango stick as I handed it to him.

“Mission. Sharky says you’re on one as well.” Itachi glared towards the door and I chuckled quietly, biting into another dango.

“Don’t worry; he didn’t say what you guys were doing. I warned him not to go on the fourth floor, by the way. That’s where the bastards are.” Itachi twitched in surprise, taking another dango stick from the bag.

“They’re still alive?” Yeah, he knew who I meant by ‘the bastards’. He always would considering he had to save their asses more than the first time. Except all the other times were from me murdering them.

“Yup. For now, anyway. Tsuki got a pretty nasty wound during the fight and Nikko’s watching her. Hopefully she’ll die, the stupid bitch.” I shrugged and he looked down at me.

“That’s not something you’d hear from a Leaf ninja usually.” I shrugged.

“I’m not your ‘usual’ Leaf ninja.” He nodded as I said that.

“Fair point.”

We lapsed into silence, both of us devouring the dango rapidly. I pulled back one of my arms, brushing my hair aside and using the arm as a pillow.

Itachi was watching me as I did this, looking over me for a moment before speaking. “Your guard isn’t up.”

“Nice observation.” I said sarcastically.

“Why?”

I stared at him for a moment before smiling. A real smile, not a sarcastic one. “Because I trust you, Itachi-chan. I know you won’t physically harm me. I’d kick your ass if you did.”

His eyes widened in surprise, a slight twinkle of amusement hidden somewhere there.

“I’m an S-rank criminal, Hokori.”

“You and I both know what really happened. You just want peace.” His eyes narrowed and I smirked at him.

“I told you too much.”

I shrugged. “You’d probably have gone insane had you not.”

He sighed, hitting the back of his head against the headboard while I grabbed another dango stick. “….did you really mean everything you wrote in your letter?”

I looked up at him to find him staring down at my face. I frowned, pointing the empty dango stick at him. “That’s a stupid question, Weasel-chan. Of course I meant it.”

He simply blinked and I rolled my eyes. “Now, tell me something. Am I still you’re friend Itachi-chan?”

His eyes widened and I rose an eyebrow, waiting expectantly. After a moment he sighed.

“I told you that day, Hokori. You have been and always will be my friend.” I furrowed my eyebrows before realization and memories crashed upon me.

“Weasel-chan~!” I cooed, jumping into Itachi’s room via his window. Instantly he shot up, awake and brandishing a kunai. When he saw it was me he groaned and flopped back on his bed.

“Go home Hokori.” He ordered. I snickered, dropping the two bags of dango on his bedside table before flopping down on top of him. He let out a grunt, moving the covers from his face to glare at me.

I chuckled, crawling over him to stare into his eyes. “Wake up, Weasel-chan. Guess what day it is?!”

“What?” He grumbled, rolling over onto his side and causing me to topple off him onto the bed. I pursed my lips, crossing my arms behind my head as I laid between him and the wall.

“I said guess.”

“I don’t even know the date.” He sighed.

“June 26th.” I answered.

“The day after you came to Konoha?” He asked after a moment of thought. I grinned.

“You remembered!”

“I’ll always remember the day I saw some girl about to kill my classmates.” He replied tiredly. I smirked.

“Or maybe it’s because it was the first day you met your best friend~!” I expected him to simply grunt in reply. I expected him to deny it. I didn’t expect him to agree.

“You’re point?”

I blinked in surprise, pushing myself up to stare down at his face. He opened one eye, staring at me seriously. I smiled before suddenly wiggling under his blanket and hugging him. He twitched, annoyance in his voice.

“What’re you doing?”

“Hugging my best friend~!” I cooed happily, pressing my face against his naked back. My hands were resting over his abs but I didn’t start to spoon him. If I did he’d probably kick me out the window.

“You’re weird. Let go of me.”

“Nope!” I replied happily, snuggling my face against his back. He huffed, shifting some to get more comfortable.

“Just let me sleep.”

“’Kay~!”

I smirked. “I should’ve spooned you.”

“I would’ve kicked you out the window.”

“Suspected as much.” I chuckled before turning on my side to face him. He looked down at me, curiosity faintly showing in his eyes.

“What’re you doing?”

He suddenly froze as I jumped on him, hugging him tightly. I pressed my face into his neck, snuggling my face against it. “Itachi-chan~!”

“Let go of me.” He sighed.

“No! Now hug me back you weasel!” I snapped. He sighed before eventually his arms wrapped around my back and he rested his head against mine.

“You’re annoying.”

“You love me.”

“Still annoying.”

“I know.” I smirked. At that moment I also noticed the fact that I was straddling him. Oh well, the weasel could deal with it.

“When are you leaving tomorrow?” I asked after a few moments.

“Probably eight or so. What about you?” He asked after a moment of consideration.

“Same. We’re gonna try to get back to the Leaf in one day.” He nodded and I sighed, something that didn’t go unnoticed by him.

“What?”

“I don’t want to leave you again.” I mumbled, opening my eyes to look up at him. He was staring at the wall opposite of us but when he noticed my look he glanced at me.

“You know you have to.”

“Unfortunately.” I grumbled, tightening my grip on him. He chuckled quietly, a small smile on his face. I glared at his lips, not finding anything funny in the slightest.

“What’s so amusing?” I growled.

“You.” I rose an eyebrow and he continued. “A loyal Leaf ninja like yourself is best friends with the number one Konoha traitor. Also the fact that if anyone from the Leaf were to walk in all they’d see is you in a compromising position with myself.”

I snorted. “I’d sense any of the bastards before they got near this room. As for my position, I like it. You’re warm.”

“You’re weird for your age.”

“Are you calling me old?!” He chuckled again as I moved my face from his neck, glaring at him. He smirked the way only an Uchiha can and I scowled.

“Stupid Weasel-chan.” His eye twitched in annoyance and I snickered. He rolled his eyes and I rested my forehead against his collarbone, drawing a heart on his shirt over his actual heart.

“How long do you have?” I mumbled, hearing the sadness in my voice. His grip on me tightened slightly and he sighed.

“I’ve sworn to myself to stay alive until Sasuke comes to fight me.” He mumbled. I frowned, pausing in my tracing.

“So you’re telling me I’m teaching your brother how to kill you later?” I asked. He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. “On a lighter note, what you been up to?”

He rose an eyebrow at me and we both snorted. “Yeah….don’t answer that.”

“No problem. Have you seen Granny Tora lately?” He wondered. I grinned, nodding.

“In fact, I saw her just before I left on this mission.”

“Tell her I said hi whenever you see her. It’s frustrating not being able to go get dango from there.” He said, making me laugh.

“If I knew I’d run into you I’d have brought some with me.” I smirked, causing him to frown at me. I smirked before I snapped my head towards the door, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Fuck.”

“What is it?” Itachi asked, his guard instantly up and his body tense again.

I sighed, looking back at him. Nikko and Tenki were looking for me, probably. That’d be the only reason they were up here.

“The bitch probably died. The bastards are looking for me.” I grumbled.

He nodded. “You should go then.”

“Yeah, I know. I don’t wanna though.” I whined. He chuckled before softly pressing his lips to my forehead.

“Go, Hokori. I hope I see you again.” He said. I blinked in surprise before grinning geniunly.

“I feel the same, Weasel-chan. Take care, best friend.” I said cheerfully, before kissing his cheek and jumping off him and the bed. I grabbed the empty bag of dango and started to the door. When I put my hand on the knob I paused however and turned to him, picking up my Will of Fire necklace so he could see.

“I put a jutsu on both mine and yours when I was drawing on you earlier. If it ever starts to burn your skin, I’m dead. Likewise for me.” He blinked in barely-hidden surprise before smiling.

“Goodbye, Hokori.”

“See ya, Weasel-chan.” I saluted him, dropping my necklace. I turned, making my way out of the room and headed down the hall quickly. I got to the door of the staircase leading to the roof garden before letting my chakra releash itself from its hidden state. Instantly Nikko’s and Tenki’s chakra started growing closer to mine.

Within a few minutes, they rounded the corner, breathing hard.

“Tsuki’s dead!” They chorused. I rose an eyebrow before shrugging.

“Prepare her body for transport. We’ll seal her within a scroll for the walk back. We leave at eight in the morning.” They both blinked in surprise at my calm demeanor and I rose an eyebrow.

“Well?”

“Got it!” They chorused again before turning and rushing back down the hall they had came from.

I cast my eyes down towards the end of the hall, sighing. It really was good to see you again, Weasel-chan.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

Hehehehe….whatcha guys think, yeah? It’s been a little more than a week, right? I think that’s the right time….I’ll be putting a picture of Itachi with dango up ^^ If I remember >.>
Anyway, what did you guy’s think, hm? I didn’t know how to end this seeing as my ‘friend’ threatened to slaughter me if I ended it another way -.-‘
Peace!
~Mew

P.S. looks like this story is rated R now for some reason -.-‘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 402 26
SAKURA X OC They were just nameless children when taken under Danzo's wing - one they struggled to escape no matter how hard they tried, regardless o...
154 3 50
The 4th Great Shinobi War has ended, and Gaara is starting to wonder how the nations will maintain their fragile peace without a common enemy. He's d...
763 80 30
The story of a special kid who journeys to find out the purpose of life, along with his friends, in the village hidden in the leaves, in the world of...
287K 11.2K 55
Naruto Fanfiction. Book One. Warning! She's dangerous. Don't go near her. Don't fight back. Hide when you see her. DO NOT MENTION HER FAMILY. She's...