Battle of Hearts

By purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... More

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 10- Surprises

7.2K 322 21
By purplebeach

Chapter 10 – Surprises

“What are you doing here?!” Ally hissed as she came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her naked body. She clutched it closer to herself not willing to show anything inappropriate to the boy who was in her room very early in the morning.

Cameron Miller.

His gaze roamed all over her wet body after finally meeting her eyes.

“Ooh. I like what I see.” He said. To say that Ally was embarrassed was an understatement. She just wanted to wrap herself in a cover and never come out again. But instead she stared at her feet. She was too shy to look at him.

As if sensing her tensed posture he stood up from her bed and straightened himself.

“How did you get in here?” she said not meeting his gaze. He couldn’t really get in through the front door that was impossible. Her mom never allowed boys in her room. “You should really close your balcony door.” He said as he moved forward to her balcony.  A few heavy steps and he had easily climbed down.

Ally spotted his black car parked on the road. As she had left her own car in the school, Thanks to Cameron’s stupid prank, she had to fetch a ride with Cameron today. She quickly dressed and put on some good pair of shoes. She had to look presentable. Jake was in her class. She couldn’t manage to look like a potato in front of him. ‘Things I do for my crush.’ She thought to herself.

When she entered the kitchen she saw her mom, her back was turned. She was cooking something.

“Breakfast is kept on the table.” She said coldly. Ally sensed she was still mad about leaving her car at school.

She quickly picked up the sandwich and was about to move when her mom’s voice startled her.

“Who are you going with?”

“This boy from my class. He dropped me home yesterday and he offered to give me a ride today. So…” she trailed off. She had told her mom the slipping thing but she didn’t mention it was because of Cameron or she would have never allowed going with him.

“Okay. Is...He your friend?” the question caught Ally by surprise. She hadn’t really thought about what they were.

They were just... “Acquaintance” she told slightly unsure of what to say.

“Good. I hope he’s not your friend. You know how these boys are they trap you by saying sweet things then use and throw you.”

Ally sighed at her mother’s another lecture. She didn’t want her morning to be spoiled.

“Mom, I am 17. I can take care of myself. ” she shouted.

“You’re so rude, Ally. You talk just like your father.” Her mom said. But Ally was already walking to the door. She got out and didn’t forget to slam the door shut.  She stomped towards Cameron’s car and decided to not let her mother’s comments ruin her day.

“Anything wrong?” Cameron asked as he turned on the engine.

“Nothing.” She stated unemotionally as she looked out the window.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She looked at him to check if the words actually rolled out of his mouth or not.

After a few seconds, she simply answered “No.” and concentrated on her sandwich. He didn’t ask her anything after that. There was complete silence in the car. But it was comfortable. She was glad he didn’t push her to talk about something she didn’t want to discuss with anyone.

He stopped the car in the school’s parking lot. Ally was about to open the door when he cleared his throat from beside. She turned to look at him.

“You’re welcome.” He said looking back at her with a smile on his face.

“I didn’t say thank you.” She guessed he was indirectly asking her to thank him for dropping her off.

“I read your text from last night. Sorry I fell asleep.” He said scratching the back of his head.

“Oh. That’s okay.” Ally assured as they both got out and walked in their own direction. She was kind of surprised he apologized for passing out on her.

She stopped by her friends who were talking in the hallway. “Hey guys!” she greeted both of them,

“Hey mystery girl!” Becky said nudging her. Both Ally and Haley looked at her with completely confused expressions.

“Mystery Girl?”

“Hales, do you know that our Ally was the mystery girl who came with Cameron Miller today?” Becky told smirking at Haley. Ally was not surprised that Becky found out. She was the Queen of Gossips in her school. She always knew who was hooking up with whom.

Ally had no choice but to tell them the truth. They both looked at her with hope flashing in their eyes as she told them the whole story skipping the inappropriate details.

“Did you kiss him?” Haley blurted out after she finished telling them the whole incident.

“What? No! Why would I?”

“Because obviously he’s interested in you.” Becky said not believing Ally’s words.

A similar chirpy female caught her attention before she could answer. Ally looked to see Rebecca Scott, the head cheerleader and Cameron flirting with each other. Ally didn’t know her personally but from what she had heard, she was mean and self centered. She was blonde, pretty and smart enough to get any boy on his knees if she wanted to. That was enough for Ally to dislike her. Cameron was leaning on a locker smiling coyly at Rebecca as she was speaking something looking at him flirtatiously.

“Well, I think you should reconsider that. Turn around.” Ally said to both of her friends. They both turned around and looked at him.

“You know Rebecca. She is always flirting with everyone.” Haley assured her turning back around to face Ally.

“And it’s not like he’s flirting back with her.” Becky added. But Ally didn’t understand. If he was interested in her in anyway why would he flirt with Rebecca? Ally didn’t trust these kinds of guys.

She was about to say her thoughts but then she saw Jake coming through the doors. She watched as he came closer to her very slowly. Was it just her imagination that time seemed to slow down as she saw him walking down the hallway? He stopped right before Cameron’s locker and watched. He looked at Rebecca with disappointment evident on his face. He shook his head as if to shake away what he just saw and resumed walking. Her heart beat paced as he was coming closer to her.

Before passing by her, he looked up at Ally and smiled. She smiled back at him. She had an uneasy feeling in her stomach. There was no shine in his eyes today when he had smiled. She figured that he had smiled sadly. His upset face bothered her. Haley must have noticed it too as she said, “Whoa! Al, he smiled at you.”

“Yeah… but did you notice he looked upset?”

“Why wouldn’t he be? He just saw his ex girlfriend flirting shamelessly with some other guy.” Becky answered grabbing both of her friends’ attention.

Ally had absolutely no idea that Jake had been dating Rebecca. Rebecca Scott the hottest girl in school was with a nice guy like Jake? That was just too hard to process. Why would someone like Jake choose a female jerk like her? He was sweet, cute and a little bit of geek and she was sexy, rude and mean. It didn’t make any sense.

“What? When did that happen?” Haley asked looking just as confused as Ally.

“They got together over summer break and broke up like two days before school. I thought you guys knew.” Becky knew about almost every couple in school. She was a friendly person and she had her sources.

“Also rumor has it, they were quite serious.” Becky added.

“Serious? She was serious about him?” Ally said in disbelief. Rebecca had always been known for trapping boys by her charming ways and then breaking their hearts. Now she had done the same thing with Jake. Even a smart guy like him couldn’t resist her charms.

“Apparently, yes.” Becky answered. Ally was shocked to know they were actually serious. Rebecca had never been serious about anyone.

She felt as if someone was staring at her, she drifted away from the conversation with her friends and saw a black haired boy staring at her?  She followed his gaze and found he was actually staring at Haley.

He was standing beside Cameron. She looked closer and discovered it was Luke Spencer. He was one of Cameron’s friends. She looked at him for a few seconds hoping he would look away but he didn’t he was staring dreamily at her friend.

“Hales, Luke Spencer is staring at you.” She whispered to her friend. Haley turned around and blushed as their eyes met. Ally looked at him to see his reaction. He looked away shocked and embarrassed.

Becky cleared her throat and said “What’s the blushing for?”

“I don’t know. I met him at a party and we flirted a little. Since then he’s been staring at me. And he’s kind of sweet too.” Haley murmured the last words looking down at her shoes.

“Well, No shit. He likes you.” Ally said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Haley was about to say something when the bell rand. Everybody in the hallway started moving to their classes. The three of them did the same thing. Ally said her goodbye and went to her first class of the day- English.

The first half of the day went by surprisingly quick than she had thought. Maybe because she didn’t have a certain boy getting on her nerves. She was sitting on her regular lunch table with two of her friends and a few other girls. A stupid conversation about nail paints was going on among Gabby and her friends who were sitting with them. Ally didn’t mind their company because she knew they were nice and fun girls when they didn’t chatter about clothes and make up. This conversation was boring to her. All the three friends were looking at them and secretly sharing looks of disgust as they heard them gush about ‘the new Maybelline lip gloss’.

That’s when Ally zoned out and stuffed food in her mouth. She looked around the cafeteria to see Jake but he wasn’t there. She sighed as she spotted Cameron and his friends sitting at a table not so far away from them.

What got her attention was the blonde sitting very, very close to him. She was moving her fingers on his arms and giving him cheesy looks.

A look, which he obviously returned. She looked at Rebecca in disbelief. How much more desperate could she get? As if answering her question Rebecca closed the distance between them and kissed him. He moved backwards a little like he was surprised by her move. But just after a few seconds he put his hand on her cheek and kissed her back.

Ally nearly choked on her food just by seeing them. She wanted to kill both of them with the fork in her hand. Can’t they go and make out somewhere else where there are no people for god’s sake? She looked down at her food to erase the scene she just saw.

That’s when someone cleared their throat. She looked up to see two guys holding their lunch trays. They were both Cameron’s friends. She had noticed both of them sitting on the same table as him a few moments back. One of them was Luke and the other Ryan Stratis.

“Umm...Yeah?” Ally asked as they were standing right in front of her. From the corner of her eyes she saw the whole table was looking at them.

Luke’s eyes travelled from Haley to her as he spoke “Can we sit with you guys? Those girls are boring us.” He said pointing a thumb at Cameron’s table which was filled with Rebecca’s girl friends. Hell he was the only guy over there.

“Sure.” Haley answered for all of them. Both of them grabbed two empty chairs and Luke to no one’s surprise, sat next to Haley while Ryan sat next to Ally.

“He’s lying. He just has a massive crush on your friend.” Ryan whispered as soon as he settled down. She leaned back in her chair crossing her arms.

“I can see that.” She answered with a smile as she looked at both of them. They were sitting opposite to her already looking like a lovey-dovey couple. They were both constantly smiling at each other. She glanced at Becky who was busy chatting with the other girls.

“Ryan Stratis.” He said extending his hand for her to shake.

“Ally Parker.”

“Just look at those two.” He said nodding his head towards Luke and Haley.

“Yes I know. They look like they are in love already. I never understand the love shit.” She answered him.

“Me too.” Both of them were studying the couple carefully.

She averted her gaze not wanting to get diabetes from the amount of sweetness on the table. Her eyes involuntarily travelled back at Cameron’s table.

“Look at them.” She whispered to Ryan who was still looking at the loved up couple.

He followed Ally’s gaze and said “Hmm. What about them?”

“Cameron looks very interested in what she has to say.” She whispered hesitantly not wanting to sound too eager.

“Cam’s bored too. It’s written all over his face.  Who wants to listen to some chick who talks like ‘OMG! Look what I did to my hair!’” He mocked her imitating Rebecca’s voice.

She laughed at his failed attempt of mimicking. “And he’s better at pretending than all of us. I don’t know how he’s surviving it.” He added again. Ally had always liked mocking couples who looked too much in love. She would laugh as they would say stupid things to each other. And now she had found a person who liked mocking couples as much as she did.

----

A/N: Wow that was really long, right? Well, I hope you enjoyed it. I took a long to update but blame my school. It’s killing me right now. Anyways if you liked this chapter than please vote and comment so I know someone is actually reading it. Also tell me what you think of the new characters? What should be the ship name for Luke and Haley? What do you think about Ryan and Rebecca? Btw Rebecca would be played by Dakota fanning. Lot of action coming up so get ready!

Bye! Have a nice day/ night/afternoon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

309K 7.7K 112
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
45.7K 1.9K 18
Falling for the façade... Harper Mitchell knows that professional success doesn't always come easy, and she's not afraid from all the back-breaking w...
23.8K 4.3K 33
Aria Matthews is in love with her best friend, Lucas Miller. It is the best kept secret since Area 51 and she knows she would take it to the grave. B...
895 54 7
Christian Ryder may be Hollywood's newest Golden Boy, but to Sophia Hastings, he's a reminder that you can't outrun your past, especially if you're t...